Author Topic: Gear your contemplating buying?  (Read 328586 times)

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
Re: Gear your contemplating buying?
« Reply #1920 on: April 17, 2020, 01:48:38 PM »
I was thinking of trying out that DKL nonabrasive grip tape. Anyone here have experience with it?

A friend of mine had it. At its prime, its good, just as good as jessup I'd say. But you can get flatspots or when it gets dusty it gets a bit slippy too.

moonordie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1921 on: April 17, 2020, 02:44:22 PM »
Finally arrived, now I'm ready for my covid setup.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1922 on: April 17, 2020, 03:26:18 PM »
004 it is. looks department its no question
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #1923 on: April 17, 2020, 04:37:11 PM »
I was thinking of trying out that DKL nonabrasive grip tape. Anyone here have experience with it?

Nope - but I'm considering it for my kids (6 and 9).  The 6 year old still butt-boards half the time and I'm tired of buying new pants.

Live Fast Johnny

• Rep: 22
« Reply #1924 on: April 17, 2020, 05:36:03 PM »
Even though I just got two pairs of Team Classics BOGO by stacking deals at Nike I am dying for a pair of the Wolverine Dicksons and Parisian Nights Rowans.  I am usually not a vulc guy at all but both of those colorways look so sick I am not sure how much longer I can hold out.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #1925 on: April 17, 2020, 07:13:25 PM »
Even though I just got two pairs of Team Classics BOGO by stacking deals at Nike I am dying for a pair of the Wolverine Dicksons and Parisian Nights Rowans.  I am usually not a vulc guy at all but both of those colorways look so sick I am not sure how much longer I can hold out.
agree, like both of those too.

legion

• Rep: 32
« Reply #1926 on: April 18, 2020, 12:18:25 AM »
Really want one of those Natas 101 reissues but at the same time holding out hope for some other 101 reissues down the line (other Natas graphics, Gino, Dill)
$35, free shipping at $60

https://endlessgrind.com/catalog/product/view/id/82819/s/101-natas-patriot-deck-9-5x32-brown/

https://endlessgrind.com/101-natas-challenger-screen-dk-9-8x32-2-red-sale.html

https://endlessgrind.com/101-natas-challenger-trnsfr-dk-9-8x32-2-red-sale.html

004 it is. looks department its no question
It's vulc ;)
I wrote more in the other thread

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1933
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1927 on: April 18, 2020, 10:38:10 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Nope - but I'm considering it for my kids (6 and 9).  The 6 year old still butt-boards half the time and I'm tired of buying new pants.

Have you considered setting their boards up without grip?

Re non-abrasive griptape. Tried it out on some dudes board at the park for 5 minutes. Not a fan but it is surprisingly grippy, steep learning curve. Wears out unevenly.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

JudoOrigami

• Rep: -90
« Reply #1928 on: April 19, 2020, 02:01:39 AM »
some of those Ben Degros blanks but not sure how many or what sizes

Vintagebody

• Rep: 78
« Reply #1929 on: April 19, 2020, 02:11:46 AM »
How are Enjoi/Almost R7 decks? They all look rather steep, like a walmart board. Impact Light tech seems interesting tho. I'm kinda over DLX boards, which is what I skate 99% of the time.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #1930 on: April 19, 2020, 05:26:33 AM »
How are Enjoi/Almost R7 decks? They all look rather steep, like a walmart board. Impact Light tech seems interesting tho. I'm kinda over DLX boards, which is what I skate 99% of the time.

From what I understand enjoy and almost are pretty good with labeling the boards with like  mellow concave /steep kick etc...
I think the steep kick is most common because I have a friend who bought maybe 6 at the time of the mellow/mellow or medium kick ones because they are not as common

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #1931 on: April 19, 2020, 05:48:22 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

From what I understand enjoy and almost are pretty good with labeling the boards with like  mellow concave /steep kick etc...
I think the steep kick is most common because I have a friend who bought maybe 6 at the time of the mellow/mellow or medium kick ones because they are not as common

Two from the set up thread just now

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Enjoi Zack Wallin 8.5
Film 6.0
Swiss
Bones 56 (80a) (streets are very rough in my town; park is closed)
Modus allen head
Switching between CTS pro (suede) and DC Smith mid w/footprint insoles

[close]
Sick I set up the same board in November. How do you like it? Resin 7

Expand Quote
enjoi zach wallin 8.5" 32.25" 14.25wb mellow concave steep kick
tensor atg 5.75 (8.5")
F4 99a 54mm conical
bones reds

reynolds vulc low

[close]
[close]

Yeah, I like it a lot. Had to shitcan my risers, the kicks seem really steep. Would like to try an 8.75 popsicle

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #1932 on: April 19, 2020, 08:41:38 AM »

This one just arrived to my local for a decent price including grip and shipping.
* 8,5”
* 32,25”
* Nose:  7.125"
* Tail: 6.875"
* Wheel Base: 14.125”
Sexy measurements on this one but the only time I had an Habitat board I hated it but this was like 7 years ago, an 8" Silas pointy nose.
Any feedback would be deeply appreciated.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Digital Rasta

« Reply #1933 on: April 19, 2020, 09:02:24 AM »

Seriously considering this Grimple Stix Evan Smith Light Years Deck. 9.1" x 31.875" with a 14.38" wheelbase. Not sure of the nose and tail measurements but they look alright in the photos. Probably gonna pair this deck with these wheels in 54mm:

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1934 on: April 19, 2020, 01:52:59 PM »
https://35thnorth.com/collections/decks/products/scumco-dave-abair-winnie-the-pee-skateboard-deck-size-8-38

Does anyone have experience with scumco? Would like to support 35th north and this board looks pretty nice. Are these dimensions accurate? I sometimes have trust issues with dimensions. Any input on what to expect in terms of concave, tail/nose steepness, how full it is and anything else is appreciated!

legion

« Reply #1935 on: April 19, 2020, 02:12:42 PM »
https://35thnorth.com/collections/decks/products/scumco-dave-abair-winnie-the-pee-skateboard-deck-size-8-38

Does anyone have experience with scumco? Would like to support 35th north and this board looks pretty nice. Are these dimensions accurate? I sometimes have trust issues with dimensions. Any input on what to expect in terms of concave, tail/nose steepness, how full it is and anything else is appreciated!
There's a 35th Ave and 35th North? And they're both in Seattle? Ok., confusing but ok..

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1936 on: April 19, 2020, 02:14:02 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
There's a 35th Ave and 35th North? And they're both in Seattle? Ok., confusing but ok..

Yeah 35th North is in Capitol Hill in Seattle. I know 35th Ave is in Washington but don't know exactly where, p sure the two are related in some way but dunno exact history

legion

« Reply #1937 on: April 19, 2020, 02:56:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Yeah 35th North is in Capitol Hill in Seattle. I know 35th Ave is in Washington but don't know exactly where, p sure the two are related in some way but dunno exact history
I've seen ppl here talk about them both, and some relation between them too. I think I forgot about the North name though. And I never knew about the 35th North site so I thought 35th Ave redid their site.. And I kept looking for their shop boards and dimensions. Doh!

Pnw

• Rep: -2
« Reply #1938 on: April 19, 2020, 04:02:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
I've seen ppl here talk about them both, and some relation between them too. I think I forgot about the North name though. And I never knew about the 35th North site so I thought 35th Ave redid their site.. And I kept looking for their shop boards and dimensions. Doh!
35th Ave is the original shop that’s been around for 40yrs and it’s in federal way(South of Seattle), 35th north started in 2001. They are both great shops and I buy from whoever has what I need in stock.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 04:15:27 PM by Pnw »

Peepeeboy69

• Rep: 14
« Reply #1939 on: April 20, 2020, 07:48:35 AM »
kinda want to buy military surplus pants. I'm guessing they're gonna be durable and you're gonna be able to move in them

Digital Rasta

« Reply #1940 on: April 20, 2020, 02:54:30 PM »
kinda want to buy military surplus pants. I'm guessing they're gonna be durable and you're gonna be able to move in them
Check the loose fit pants thread, I posted a pic of my woodland camo BDU pants. I got em at the Goodwill for $8, they are that good thicc ripstop fabric. Perfect blend of breathability, light weight, flex and super durable. I got mine two sizes larger than my actual waist and it feels so good popping tricks in them. Get a woven belt though cause the adjustable waist cinches don't stay tight for long if you're jumping around

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #1941 on: April 20, 2020, 03:06:13 PM »
thinking about getting the tyshawns if i ever find em on sale here in europe- anybody skated these and want to share their experience?

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #1942 on: April 20, 2020, 04:57:22 PM »
thinking about getting the tyshawns if i ever find em on sale here in europe- anybody skated these and want to share their experience?

A very decent shoe. Not a lot of padding, very minimal insole, firm firm rubber outsole. I really like the way the tongue fits, it’s thin, and tall, just feels good.
All around decent shoe. I recommend it. In the same ish time period I had protos which I like the same as the tj’s. I also have had ave’s and legacy slims which I liked slightly more. Sadly it’s been awhile since I found a shoe to be super great. It’s me, not the shoes. I guess my favorite would be dunks, but aj’s better still.

jsettle

« Reply #1943 on: April 20, 2020, 05:41:34 PM »

I had a Scumco about 5 years ago or so. They are really big in the east coast so a lot of people ride them out there. It was a really good board and shape. Idk about nowadays but when I had mine it was pretty flat concave if you are into that. They have really good graphics as well.

weon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #1944 on: April 21, 2020, 01:31:21 PM »
first time considering a bearing press. is that tiny Bones one worth it or are full size just better overall? last setup was really tight but there’s no going to the shop and borrowing theirs :/
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

Utopos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -23
  • Who Cares
« Reply #1945 on: April 21, 2020, 01:35:14 PM »
first time considering a bearing press. is that tiny Bones one worth it or are full size just better overall? last setup was really tight but there’s no going to the shop and borrowing theirs :/

I would recommend the full size. You never really think you need one until after you have one. 

Weezil

« Reply #1946 on: April 21, 2020, 02:06:42 PM »
contemplating the dan's rig shape from Krooked. not sure if 159s would work on it though. I don't get along with shaped boards normally but the short wheelbase has me interested.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #1947 on: April 21, 2020, 04:43:52 PM »
contemplating the dan's rig shape from Krooked. not sure if 159s would work on it though. I don't get along with shaped boards normally but the short wheelbase has me interested.

I think 159s would work.
I will keep whining about this: measurements at the mounting holes please (for shaped boards). But I get it. People want more and more info. The other day I was glancing about online and realized that if I can’t find a wb (which is pretty often) I just cross it off the list.

weon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #1948 on: April 21, 2020, 08:33:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I would recommend the full size. You never really think you need one until after you have one.

is there a difference between the $30 ones and the $60 ones besides the branding/paint? some of them look exactly the same to me...

edit: ended up getting a Sure Grip one for $40
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 03:00:42 PM by Weon »
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1949 on: April 22, 2020, 01:19:40 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

A very decent shoe. Not a lot of padding, very minimal insole, firm firm rubber outsole. I really like the way the tongue fits, it’s thin, and tall, just feels good.
All around decent shoe. I recommend it. In the same ish time period I had protos which I like the same as the tj’s. I also have had ave’s and legacy slims which I liked slightly more. Sadly it’s been awhile since I found a shoe to be super great. It’s me, not the shoes. I guess my favorite would be dunks, but aj’s better still.

Thanks a lot for the feedback......guess i'll grab some sooner or later!