Author Topic: Gear your contemplating buying?  (Read 324576 times)

DarkPools

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 470
Re: Gear your contemplating buying?
« Reply #2400 on: October 05, 2020, 11:55:39 PM »
thinking about ordering some blazer mids in whit leather!

Anybody got recommendations abaout the sizing?
Usually i'm going a half size down in dunks- do they compare lenght and width wise?

Thanks for any info pals

Blazer mids and dunks are always TTS for me. I think you're the first person I've seen who goes half down in dunks. People usually go half up or TTS in those from what I've seen. Based on all that, I'd guess TTS or half size down for the Blazer mids. They fit similar length and width wise, in my experience.
I'd recommend getting the same size in the mids as any other Nike SB vulc (Janoski, blazer low, bruin, etc. if you've had any of these) or Vans vulc (if you've had these) in my mind.
Super Champion Fun Zone

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #2401 on: October 06, 2020, 01:20:25 AM »
Expand Quote
thinking about ordering some blazer mids in whit leather!

Anybody got recommendations abaout the sizing?
Usually i'm going a half size down in dunks- do they compare lenght and width wise?

Thanks for any info pals
[close]

Blazer mids and dunks are always TTS for me. I think you're the first person I've seen who goes half down in dunks. People usually go half up or TTS in those from what I've seen. Based on all that, I'd guess TTS or half size down for the Blazer mids. They fit similar length and width wise, in my experience.
I'd recommend getting the same size in the mids as any other Nike SB vulc (Janoski, blazer low, bruin, etc. if you've had any of these) or Vans vulc (if you've had these) in my mind.

Thanks a lot, that will help!

i usually had dunks tts- the KB Dunk and that brian anderson/ anti hero collab, but the last ones i had, the truck its had such soft leather and got hella wide after a while. Since blazers ar vulc i thought about half size down like in as you say in vans and nike vulcs!

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #2402 on: October 06, 2020, 06:50:32 AM »
-Krooked Cromer 8.3 egg / football shape , if I can find one

-Adidas shoes that have a cupsole, not sure which ones

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #2404 on: October 06, 2020, 09:54:43 AM »
I bailed on the bearings.

I'll just rebuild one of the 4 sets of reds I got in the last 18 months.
I've never seen this many blown out shields in my life.

The ceramics are getting stored till spring as soon as I clean them
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 10:26:56 AM by Banned from the room »
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #2405 on: October 06, 2020, 09:56:50 AM »
Haven’t skated in months. Started doing a lot of walking and stuff and went to skate for a bit. Need to finally buy some Swiss. I hate pushing my ass off and slowing down so quick. I need a new deck because this one is done from being in the trunk. I need wheels to but I’m assuming F4s are still hard to find.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #2406 on: October 06, 2020, 10:24:12 AM »
Haven’t skated in months. Started doing a lot of walking and stuff and went to skate for a bit. Need to finally buy some Swiss. I hate pushing my ass off and slowing down so quick. I need a new deck because this one is done from being in the trunk. I need wheels to but I’m assuming F4s are still hard to find.
F4's are around, shops got some big shipments in a couple weeks ago. maybe go softer to get back into it and you'll roll a bit better?

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #2407 on: October 06, 2020, 10:56:36 AM »

Orchard has a good selection of F4s. They got Swiss too but I just can't afford them like ever and I prefer white ceramic.

Loop holes are sick as hell too but spacers don't fit.  I'm going to put a speed ring in with the spacer see if that solves the issue.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Sluggloaph

• Rep: 25
« Reply #2408 on: October 06, 2020, 01:31:51 PM »
I bailed on the bearings.

I'll just rebuild one of the 4 sets of reds I got in the last 18 months.
I've never seen this many blown out shields in my life.

The ceramics are getting stored till spring as soon as I clean them
So you do that regularly? I blew out some bearings a few times. And Obvs put em back together, but my dudes were like that is trife as hell. Idk worked for me.
Whoa. Danger.

imposter

• Rep: -63
« Reply #2409 on: October 06, 2020, 03:43:54 PM »
James kelch real  but I don't know how the shape is

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #2410 on: October 06, 2020, 04:12:54 PM »
Riptide pivot cups in my Ventures. I’m sick of putting speed cream in. Are they worth it?
100 percent. Every truck I own has a riptide pivot cup

yapple dapple

• Rep: 155
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2411 on: October 06, 2020, 04:35:16 PM »
Thanks everyone for your feedback. I’m sold.
Few more questions. What’s the best way to get the old pivot cups out? Best way to install them? Are they quite or squeaky?

sadnocomply

• Rep: 117
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #2412 on: October 06, 2020, 04:45:55 PM »
Few more questions. What’s the best way to get the old pivot cups out? Best way to install them? Are they quite or squeaky?
been prying mine out with a pocket knife and the riptides just slide right in like butter should be no issues. They are super quiet

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #2413 on: October 07, 2020, 12:10:23 AM »
thinking of sizing down on trucks... got an 8.06 on thunder 149s right now and it works just fine but i wonder if more appropriate trucks would make it better? feel like mentally i wouldn't be able to skate 8" or 8.25" trucks

chappers

« Reply #2414 on: October 07, 2020, 12:18:54 AM »
thinking of sizing down on trucks... got an 8.06 on thunder 149s right now and it works just fine but i wonder if more appropriate trucks would make it better? feel like mentally i wouldn't be able to skate 8" or 8.25" trucks

if it aint broke, fam

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #2415 on: October 07, 2020, 12:23:26 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

if it aint broke, fam
true and i kinda dig the monster truck vibezzz

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #2416 on: October 07, 2020, 05:19:23 AM »

If you remove one of your wheels and shove the axle in the pivot cup you can get them out easily by just pushing down and turning. Putting new ones in is just a matter of popping them in.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #2417 on: October 07, 2020, 09:42:12 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

If you remove one of your wheels and shove the axle in the pivot cup you can get them out easily by just pushing down and turning. Putting new ones in is just a matter of popping them in.

This and those needle/thin pliers. I think sliding a blade to raise the outside of the pivot cup may help prop it out to pull out.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #2418 on: October 08, 2020, 06:38:14 AM »
Slip on pros are ways on my wish list but I'm in love with Puig shoe so I'll stock up as much as I can when they drop the price
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #2419 on: October 08, 2020, 03:43:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

if it aint broke, fam
[close]
true and i kinda dig the monster truck vibezzz

That does seem pretty lopsided tho. I have 148 on 8.25

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #2420 on: October 09, 2020, 09:32:47 AM »
new Quasi 8.75"

TumKayo

« Reply #2421 on: October 09, 2020, 03:44:52 PM »
I want to buy a big board 

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #2422 on: October 12, 2020, 06:20:05 AM »
quasi 8.5 or 8.75, decided not to fuck with my wheelbase drastically ever again. wasnt worth adjusting my timing to get a jerkier, lower, awkward feeling pop in return. 14.25 +/-.125” for street is set in stone now.

they shortened the wb on most of their shapes in this new drop (according to spot), gonna check that out myself today and report back before i pull the trigger. its raining for the next two days
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #2423 on: October 12, 2020, 07:20:13 AM »
quasi 8.5 or 8.75, decided not to fuck with my wheelbase drastically ever again. wasnt worth adjusting my timing to get a jerkier, lower, awkward feeling pop in return. 14.25 +/-.125” for street is set in stone now.

they shortened the wb on most of their shapes in this new drop (according to spot), gonna check that out myself today and report back before i pull the trigger. its raining for the next two days

Cool I love the quasis with a shorter wb. I can't tre on a long wb, anything over 14.25 is just difficult to deal with.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2424 on: October 12, 2020, 07:28:02 AM »
Paranoid about my stash of P2 boards, thinking if I should try the DSM Impact decks. Unfortunately my shops only have Impact Support (2 round discs) instead of Impact Light (horizontal sheet across, most similar to P2). Also steep kicks coupled with stiff deck have me questioning my life choices.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #2425 on: October 12, 2020, 08:18:13 AM »
Thinking about getting those Bruin reacts. Has anyone here had any experience with them? I like the way they look but I could just as easily throw my insoles in one of the pairs of 306’s I have waiting and save 100 bucks

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #2426 on: October 12, 2020, 09:37:44 AM »
last resort shoes. Did anyone skate them ?

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #2427 on: October 12, 2020, 11:25:56 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Cool I love the quasis with a shorter wb. I can't tre on a long wb, anything over 14.25 is just difficult to deal with.
might have been a mismeasure on SPoTs part, the 8.5 shape still has a 14.25 wb. didnt get to measure the 8.75 today but would be stoked if its @14.375
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

slappy50

• Rep: 17
  • gear madness abounds
« Reply #2429 on: October 12, 2020, 07:15:56 PM »
considering getting some Bronson Winkowski bearings. They’re G3s, and I’ve heard mixed reviews. Are they better than bones reds/big balls? mostly using them for street and park, nothing too dusty or dirty. Any input is appreciated.

Shalom
niggling

[/quote]