Author Topic: Skate 4 Hype  (Read 45941 times)

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1443
Re: Skate 4 Hype
« Reply #240 on: May 03, 2022, 08:23:39 AM »
Expand Quote
do you think skate will adapt a VC like 2k does it already I never played online
[close]

I really hope they don't do anything like 2k with VC. Myteam in 2k is one of the greediest money grabs in all of video games. People literally spend thousands on packs. They have a monopoly on one of the 3 most popular sports in the world and it really shows in how lazy they are not fixing things that have been broken for 3+ years. I have made a decent amount of money selling MT this year though.

And this shit right here is why I've been playing 2k12 for ten years and refuse to get any of the new 2ks

Chatbot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #241 on: June 22, 2022, 09:36:43 AM »
Saw some news about Skate 4 being revealed in July. I guess we'll find out the release date/ game details in a few weeks.

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #242 on: June 22, 2022, 10:39:04 AM »
Saw some news about Skate 4 being revealed in July. I guess we'll find out the release date/ game details in a few weeks.

I legit hope they don't make everything loot box based.

Like, everyone starts with Revive boards. And if you want an AH18 Eagle board, it's $5.99.

Don't want to watch John Hill vids? That's $4.99.

work_lurker

• Rep: 61
  • I've never had a shaved head in my entire life
« Reply #243 on: June 22, 2022, 04:20:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Like, everyone starts with Revive boards. And if you want an AH18 Eagle board, it's $5.99.

I'll be wearing the free beriumbas and Revibe boards, feel dumb as shit spending money on in-game purchases. Those Capitalist bastards.
Hopefully not a kook, but if so, fuck it.

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #244 on: June 22, 2022, 04:56:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I'll be wearing the free beriumbas and Revibe boards, feel dumb as shit spending money on in-game purchases. Those Capitalist bastards.

Same. I'll be rocking Muta Skateboards and a Heart Supply tee in-game so long as I don't have to pay.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #245 on: June 23, 2022, 09:16:26 AM »
I wouldn't be shocked if its just a full on reveal maybe with a CGI trailer and a big name skater alongside it. Tons of games get a couple showings before they get a real release date. Maybe we get a release window but if its just that usually add 1/4 of a year to it.

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -4
« Reply #246 on: June 23, 2022, 09:48:22 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

hopefully they stick to the old formula and put pros in the game people actually like and pay their sponsors to put their product in the game or at least make an online server where people can upload shit like customized parks and gear
"yall act like abusin' women is so bad."
- Crailtap

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #247 on: June 23, 2022, 03:13:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

hopefully they stick to the old formula and put pros in the game people actually like and pay their sponsors to put their product in the game or at least make an online server where people can upload shit like customized parks and gear

You take your braille park level and love it!

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #248 on: June 27, 2022, 11:27:11 AM »
Really worried EA us gonna fuck this up and make it a kook paradise

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #249 on: June 27, 2022, 06:00:47 PM »

I just like the controls.   Totally ruined THPS for me

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #250 on: June 28, 2022, 10:14:51 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Same. I loved (and still love) THPS, but the controls of not turning enough so you can't get the lipslide or the such makes the dynamics feel way more real. Also makes battling certain lines/tricks both frustrating and real as well.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #251 on: June 28, 2022, 11:55:32 AM »

Games haven't been doing the best right now, and still cant easily get a new PS5.  And yes many gaming studios have turned to online micro transactions, will most likely be a big part of a lot of future gameplay

Jordan Wiens

• Rep: 48
  • @wardenjeans
    • portfolio avatar image
« Reply #252 on: June 29, 2022, 09:01:29 AM »
itll have a kook side 100%, but because it's on PC, someone will find a way to mod it.
youtube.com/wardenjeans
twitch.tv/wardenjeans

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #253 on: June 29, 2022, 10:01:08 AM »
i think this is the only game that will give me that push to buy an xbox one or ps5

Jebediah

• Rep: 110
« Reply #254 on: June 29, 2022, 01:48:57 PM »
I only hope they allow us to turn pedestrians off, like in the first game. They drive me crazy whenever I fire up skate 3 on the xbox. I finally have a good PC so I'm looking forward to messing around with mods.

WPG

• Rep: -8
« Reply #255 on: June 30, 2022, 06:54:30 AM »
I only hope they allow us to turn pedestrians off, like in the first game. They drive me crazy whenever I fire up skate 3 on the xbox. I finally have a good PC so I'm looking forward to messing around with mods.

Pretty sure You can turn off traffic and pedestrians in free play in 3 just not in career mode. Quick switch and you can play as yourself or pros (might be mis remembering I only really play career)
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

doyle

• Rep: 210
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #256 on: June 30, 2022, 09:07:28 AM »

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #257 on: June 30, 2022, 10:01:08 AM »
That speech and music was unbelievable

But the clips at the end definitely has me optimistic for it being a solid step forward from skate 3. I'll definitely be more hyped for session if Skate keeps the old controls but definitely will go back and forth

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -4
« Reply #258 on: June 30, 2022, 10:20:41 AM »
the motions for setting up, popping and landing all look really good. also noticed they have a new motion for throwing down your board which is pretty cool.
the "main character" is wearing a Dime shirt so at least we know there's hope that there will be cool clothes and hopefully good pros to play as
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 11:19:45 AM by dudeonthecouch »
"yall act like abusin' women is so bad."
- Crailtap

FuzzGNU

• Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #259 on: June 30, 2022, 10:36:18 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

SkaterXL and Session ruined Skate for me. I hope Skate 4 has modern dual stick controls. Skate feels so limited compared to SkaterXL. Makes Skate 3 nearly feel like THPS.
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

thebacker

« Reply #260 on: June 30, 2022, 11:15:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

SkaterXL and Session ruined Skate for me. I hope Skate 4 has modern dual stick controls. Skate feels so limited compared to SkaterXL. Makes Skate 3 nearly feel like THPS.
i tried to enjoy it but it always felt so clunky and unintuitive

FuzzGNU

« Reply #261 on: June 30, 2022, 11:31:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
i tried to enjoy it but it always felt so clunky and unintuitive

So did Skate when you first played it, you just don't remember that part.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #262 on: June 30, 2022, 11:43:17 AM »
One of the characters is wearing a Dime shirt so at least we know there's hope that there will be cool clothes and hopefully good pros to play as

Calling it right here, they're going to have a dime glory challenge in game.

Also this update has me cautiously optimistic that they'll be able to appease both the annoying let's play hall of meat crowd as well as us big nerds

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #263 on: June 30, 2022, 11:48:14 AM »
yeah the dime shirt is a good sign for the feel of the game(hopefully)

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 131
« Reply #264 on: June 30, 2022, 01:51:37 PM »
Looks pretty promising from that teaser. I've been a Session loyalist the past couple years, and honestly wasn't planning on getting S4, but I may be changing my mind. Session will be there to satisfy my sim needs while S4 seems like it'll be great to just fuck around with and do silly creative things.

WPG

• Rep: -8
« Reply #265 on: June 30, 2022, 02:21:04 PM »
San Vansterdam New city
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

keepthefunkalive

• Rep: 129
« Reply #266 on: June 30, 2022, 03:17:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

The controls in SkaterXL are the best ever in a skate game imo. Made perfect sense off the bat for me. Each joystick as an individual leg/foot makes the tricks feel like you're actually doing them more. It's also cool that you can do tricks with different styles depending on how you flick and control your legs, like it's not just a standard animation that looks the same every time. You can mob a kickflip if you want or bone it out shifty depending how you do things. It's dope

Stu Pickles

• Rep: 95
« Reply #267 on: June 30, 2022, 10:39:48 PM »
the error list near the start mentions slappies, better pinches, more lip tricks, and staying in switch. thats enough to get me excited, animations near the end looked good as well.

skater XL is fun and satisfying to play, but the animations are too odd for me to fully enjoy, will be interesting to see if skate 4 mixes up the controls or just sticks with how it was

FuzzGNU

« Reply #268 on: July 01, 2022, 02:19:00 AM »
the error list near the start mentions slappies, better pinches, more lip tricks, and staying in switch. thats enough to get me excited, animations near the end looked good as well.

skater XL is fun and satisfying to play, but the animations are too odd for me to fully enjoy, will be interesting to see if skate 4 mixes up the controls or just sticks with how it was

I think they will have both control options. I think it would be so short sighted to limit themselves to the old Skate controls. Its worth noting that the dev studio had a job listing for a veteran gameplay control designer a few months ago. It COULD be for the parkour and such, etc... but man I'm really hoping they don't rest on their laurels with the previous control scheme.

The whole thing that made Skate 1 stand out is that it broke tradition and let you have more control than THPS... if they were to come along and just go "Yeah, we are playing it safe and sticking with the controls from 10 years ago ONLY" it would be going against what made the franchise successful. SkaterXL has shown how much more control you can give a player, and how much more a player can express themselves with that extra level of control.

I think SkaterXL has amazing controls (definitely better than Session), but obviously there is room for improvement and growth that Skate 4 could bring to the table.

I'm going to play Skate 4 regardless, but if they stick to the old controls, I don't see myself obsessing over it as much as I would want to.

Its sad that SkaterXL got bought-out and abandoned, and then Session got bought-out and the lead developer left... I don't have a ton of faith in EA at this point. Hopefully they can surprise me though.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 471
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #269 on: July 01, 2022, 03:10:05 AM »
I didn’t know the lead dev left session? Any more info on that?

I think sessions controls are the best of the lot but the flow of the game is too stilted and the weight distribution isn’t there. Hopefully V1 pulls it all together.

This new update looks super goofy but some of the grinds looked slick. I’m keen for it either way. XL is dogshit, which is a shame as it was easy and fun and if they kept developing it it could have been good but it’s super boring.

I just want weight distribution and momentum to be the core of one skate game. It would fill in all the gaps where these games fall flat. Slappies, wallies, turning inertia, landing from different heights, balancing on grinds etc.