Author Topic: Daan on Nike bitches  (Read 51041 times)

FS-OverKOOK

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
Re: Daan on Nike bitches
« Reply #150 on: December 22, 2017, 04:49:55 PM »
maybe they did buy his name out...but if they did that check was in the millions and I know he banked a lot before they bought the name.

Hairy Ballsagna

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 32
« Reply #151 on: December 22, 2017, 05:45:07 PM »
Finally, a thread that covers whether Nike is bad, girl wood and janoski's contract.

Tedd

• Rep: -14
« Reply #152 on: December 23, 2017, 12:26:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Janoski laughs at your numbers(and Koston's)...I guarantee he gets a % of sales and the Janoski has been and still sells 10 to 1 of any other SB model.

[close]

Nah man, Nike bought his name so they no longer have to pay him a percentage of the shoe's sales.
[close]

Has this ever been verified?

He said he gets royalties on his Bunt episode

https://soundcloud.com/thebuntlive/the-bunt-s03-episode-9-ft-stefan-janoski-actually-it-was-pcp-not-crack
25:45

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 812
« Reply #153 on: December 23, 2017, 01:16:26 PM »
Finally, a thread that covers whether Nike is bad, girl wood and janoski's contract.

black coffee

• Rep: 0
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #154 on: December 25, 2017, 07:16:07 AM »
Daan on Nike rumour has been going around in the Netherlands

supposedly it's a 4 year deal for 1,5 million dollars or euros

Vans said it this point he's welcome to come back after those 4 years

Also I don't know why but part of the deal is his brother gets free Nikes for life

hartpijn

• Rep: -3
« Reply #155 on: December 25, 2017, 07:29:18 AM »

Also I don't know why but part of the deal is his brother gets free Nikes for life

I head his brother is gonna get €1000 per month as part of the contract

black coffee

• Rep: 0
« Reply #156 on: December 25, 2017, 12:05:36 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

wow that would be crazy

but smart move fuck em get that swoosh money

maybe he can focus more on skating

streetsoup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #157 on: December 25, 2017, 01:17:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

wow that would be crazy

but smart move fuck em get that swoosh money

I heard he said nah fuck the corporate!! Ill stick to the waffle and live a life of low income respectability while smoking cheap cigarettes and hi grade, with intent to start a skaterock band and go on tours with minimal skating and hi jinx.

one can only hope...
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 01:19:59 PM by streetsoup »

SOTY

« Reply #158 on: December 25, 2017, 01:48:43 PM »
smart move fuck em get that swoosh money
black coffee is Daan's mom, confirmed.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -273
« Reply #159 on: December 25, 2017, 02:12:18 PM »
The thought of Daan footage being ruined by polo shirts with matching hats is honestly upsetting me.

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #160 on: December 25, 2017, 06:25:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Janoski laughs at your numbers(and Koston's)...I guarantee he gets a % of sales and the Janoski has been and still sells 10 to 1 of any other SB model.

[close]

Nah man, Nike bought his name so they no longer have to pay him a percentage of the shoe's sales.
[close]

Has this ever been verified?
[close]

He said he gets royalties on his Bunt episode

https://soundcloud.com/thebuntlive/the-bunt-s03-episode-9-ft-stefan-janoski-actually-it-was-pcp-not-crack
25:45

That's crazy, I thought it was confirmed that they bought his name. Good for him.

billyerlife

« Reply #161 on: December 25, 2017, 07:55:54 PM »
Jesus Christ, for the 989th time, Nike doesn't print money. They pay in relation to prospective/actual sales. The money is in skateboarding. Stop buying that bullshit and everyone on actual skate shoe companies will get paid well. And more relevant to this thread, you really think Vans riders are hurting? Yall will say and believe anything to justify supporting those fucking tennis shoes wont you?

expired

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #162 on: December 25, 2017, 08:36:50 PM »
The thought of Daan footage being ruined by polo shirts with matching hats is honestly upsetting me.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
« Reply #163 on: December 25, 2017, 08:47:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Name an example of a non-contest SB pro who does this

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #164 on: December 25, 2017, 09:17:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I don't fucking know, nike sponsor pretty much everyone so there is bound to be someone, but you get my point, either way his footage will not be as good because his kits will have a swoosh all over it.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 09:32:57 PM by Suit Up! »

Fecal Fury

• Rep: 61
  • 1800-18-18-18
« Reply #165 on: December 25, 2017, 10:56:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Koston

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #166 on: December 26, 2017, 01:30:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

I don't fucking know, nike sponsor pretty much everyone so there is bound to be someone, but you get my point, either way his footage will not be as good because his kits will have a swoosh all over it.

I don’t get your point.  He’s gonna wear some blazer lows like hjalte, Bobby, max or the majority of these Nike guys depth of swooshiness.   

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #167 on: December 26, 2017, 01:42:10 AM »

seems way too good to be true

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
« Reply #168 on: December 26, 2017, 06:16:17 AM »
yo its the fucking holidays and yall are over here sad that a 20 year old dutch kid is gonna wear nikes in his new footage lmfao

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #169 on: December 26, 2017, 11:41:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

I don’t get your point.  He’s gonna wear some blazer lows like hjalte, Bobby, max or the majority of these Nike guys depth of swooshiness.

Disagree. Daan is hot property right now and if this jump to nike is true I think it would have to be for a considerable amount of money, putting him in say Luan territory that I’m guessing means he has to rock the tennis look. I see your point with guys like Bobby, but I don’t think Daan and Bobby are comparable at their stages of career, and you really think Max or Hjalte will be on the same contract as someone like Daan? No.

Whatever, if this is true, it sucks. Nike in skating is lame as fuck. And the fact that they just buy whoever they want like the rich kid with no friends at school makes them a cancer to the skate industry.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 11:56:47 AM by Suit Up! »

thebacker

« Reply #170 on: December 26, 2017, 02:27:32 PM »
yo its the fucking holidays and yall are over here sad that a 20 year old dutch kid is gonna wear nikes in his new footage lmfao
shut up cum eater

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #171 on: December 26, 2017, 05:46:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Disagree. Daan is hot property right now and if this jump to nike is true I think it would have to be for a considerable amount of money, putting him in say Luan territory that I’m guessing means he has to rock the tennis look. I see your point with guys like Bobby, but I don’t think Daan and Bobby are comparable at their stages of career, and you really think Max or Hjalte will be on the same contract as someone like Daan? No.

Whatever, if this is true, it sucks. Nike in skating is lame as fuck. And the fact that they just buy whoever they want like the rich kid with no friends at school makes them a cancer to the skate industry.

It’s not the fucking Yankees going up against the Rays.  Who cares if they sign whomever they want.    The skating doesn’t change for the worse one iota.   If it was redbull where they have to wear some dumb hat, you’d be plenty justified.  But this isn’t Nike shoring up the Netherlands for the Olympics.   For Chrissakes, what do some of you people think the Olympics are?   

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
« Reply #172 on: December 26, 2017, 06:12:15 PM »
where do nike and the international olympic skateboard committee meet, nike hq or the iosc facility for ice skating in colorado springs, the broadmoor?

SOTY

« Reply #173 on: December 26, 2017, 08:13:24 PM »
What some of y'all are expecting from Daan:

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #174 on: December 26, 2017, 08:28:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

It’s not the fucking Yankees going up against the Rays.  Who cares if they sign whomever they want.    The skating doesn’t change for the worse one iota.   If it was redbull where they have to wear some dumb hat, you’d be plenty justified.  But this isn’t Nike shoring up the Netherlands for the Olympics.   For Chrissakes, what do some of you people think the Olympics are?

Actually, a heap of Nike riders have had to leave clothing sponsors to wear SB head to toe.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #175 on: December 26, 2017, 10:07:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Actually, a heap of Nike riders have had to leave clothing sponsors to wear SB head to toe.

Uh-huh.  Alex Olson and BA are two of them.   Can’t recall these too ever being overly branded by anyone, let alone the company that afforded them the opportunity to start their own board companies.    Not sure what you think Nike clothes look like, but it’s not all over prints of swooshes.  Normal ass clothes that are, compared to altamont, 4star et al, actually made well.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 10:17:54 PM by Atiba Applebum »

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #176 on: December 26, 2017, 11:31:14 PM »
Luan rode for Volcom, Malto for 4 star, Theotis for Altamont and they all became walking billboards after getting on Nike.

If you wanna keep standing up for Nike like they have skateboardings best interests at heart then carry on supporting them and watch actual skate companies crumble because of it. Soon you’re dream of there only being 3 companies to choose from for skate footwear may even become a reality, how sick will that be! Am I right!?

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 388
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #177 on: December 26, 2017, 11:37:48 PM »
Not sure if it's been brought up yet but Nike's also the reason why Guy and Koston had to end up leaving Girl, since Mike couldn't have Guy leaving two Crail companies and have Koston leave one of the last two he was on, but expect to stay on Girl.
Of course you can take all my Nike criticism with a grain of salt because I just bought a pair of CTAS highs and love them
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 11:39:36 PM by planman »

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #178 on: December 27, 2017, 12:05:55 AM »
Luan rode for Volcom, Malto for 4 star, Theotis for Altamont and they all became walking billboards after getting on Nike.

If you wanna keep standing up for Nike like they have skateboardings best interests at heart then carry on supporting them and watch actual skate companies crumble because of it. Soon you’re dream of there only being 3 companies to choose from for skate footwear may even become a reality, how sick will that be! Am I right!?

Oh sick, Two contest skaters and a guy who wears Mountain Dew hats have become walking billboards because of Nike?  Almost sounds like my original point.  Again, legit people don’t become kooks because of Nike, kooks are the same, they just come with better paychecks and better made clothes.

And I don’t know if anyone’s let you know, but pro skaters job is being walking billboards.  They don’t get free clothes and decks From their sponsors to be nice.  They are there to wear the their sponsors shit.   So wearing a Nike t-shirt isn’t anymore or less of being a billboard than wearing a Droors shirt.

Worried about the industry?  How many sick skaters have been left hanging by Crailtap/Carroll because they won’t be head to toe Girl/Lakai.  How many skaters have been given the opportunity to start their own company because of the money they get from Nike.  There are obviously bad things that come from their presence because as with literally everything in the world, there are good and bad sides.   Nike’s been around for 15 something years and I haven’t seen skateboarding killed.   I’ve heard of some shops closing, but shops also closed before then too.    But if you want to have a boogeyman, fine. 

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #179 on: December 27, 2017, 01:35:05 AM »
Atiba, for the record, I enjoy the banter, just wanted to say that. Now..

The whole better quality thing is such bullshit. I’ve been given Adidas and Nike shoes and in no way shape or form have they performed better than any pair of Emericas or Lakais’ I’ve ever owned.

The skaters I just named are just the first ones that popped into my head, I’m sure there are hundreds of other examples since like I said before Nike sponsor pretty much half the industry.

Not sure of any examples of people being “left hanging” by Crailtap. Are you talking about guys that got left on flow or am? Yeah the list is probably big, but I don’t think the riders shoes have had anything to do with it. Look at current and old riders.

Olsen - Vans
Mike Mo - DC
Malto - Nike
Kenny - Cons

I guess Nike is my boogeyman after all.