Author Topic: Skateboarding conspiracies thread  (Read 176837 times)

givecigstosurfgroms

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: Skateboarding conspiracies thread
« Reply #180 on: May 07, 2018, 07:25:32 PM »
 From what I've come across the surf natzi thing was part of Mikki Dora's anti social campaign which also included stealing, terrorizing surf film premeires and starting localism.  When cr stejek was a ripper surf teen he hung out with an aging Dora a bunch in the early 70s.  Cr was a artistic influence for dogtown and stuff.  Theres an old picture of one of mikkis skateboards from the 60s and it has a little swatiska on it.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

wikileaks

• Rep: -34
« Reply #181 on: May 08, 2018, 01:45:06 PM »
someone (maybe Dill?) once said that some companies will have their graphics printed on PS Stix for their riders and sell shit wood to the customers.

partly true. one brand in particular i've worked with had PS stix for their team decks as they were custom dimensions and PS has the resources to do custom dimensions without costing a shit load for new molds and shapes.

for the decks we sold to skateshops we used another wood shop that was more cost effective. same wood from the great lakes area pressed and shaped in mexico with the best of them.

wikileaks

« Reply #182 on: May 08, 2018, 02:11:11 PM »

there is a conspiracy to keep down revive.  all the hate is astroturfing paid for and sponsored by corporate shills. the industry is terrified that Revives ability to sell an equivalent product for a slightly lesser price is going to take everyone down.  so the industry brought together an elite group of shitposters to flood message boards.  if you dont belive me just  look in the back catalog of slap you can see that right before all this hate started a major industry player took a Pal to lunch. Connect the dots sheeple. 

these guys are good... so good that some of you don't even realize they are in this very thread......

I know for a fact this is not true. I work very closely with revive and have called hundred of shops and they all either dont like revive because its new and kooky or they dont know about it but are down to sell it since kids are asking for it.

wikileaks

« Reply #183 on: May 08, 2018, 02:13:04 PM »
Donny Barley has a family and at least owns a piece of Civil skate shops in the RI area.

Dave Swift straight up shows the Indy roller skates in his Raiders of the Lost Archive video segment so that is not even a rumor. Are we questioning if Fausto was bummed on them? Seems legit to me.

Can anyone post the full interview with that one guy from Muckmouth? I've been trying to read that for a while now. Is that excerpt Bobby Peru posted from that? I kind of assumed it was.

Donny Barley works for Element now. Civil is owned by a guy named Guido who has mob ties but decided to not join in the family business.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1367
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #184 on: May 08, 2018, 02:48:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Donny Barley has a family and at least owns a piece of Civil skate shops in the RI area.

Dave Swift straight up shows the Indy roller skates in his Raiders of the Lost Archive video segment so that is not even a rumor. Are we questioning if Fausto was bummed on them? Seems legit to me.

Can anyone post the full interview with that one guy from Muckmouth? I've been trying to read that for a while now. Is that excerpt Bobby Peru posted from that? I kind of assumed it was.
[close]

Donny Barley works for Element now. Civil is owned by a guy named Guido who has mob ties but decided to not join in the family business.

Yep that's Providence. Thanks for the updated info.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Jonny Utah

• Rep: -32
« Reply #185 on: May 08, 2018, 06:35:14 PM »
What pros have been blackballed from Thrasher?

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #186 on: May 08, 2018, 06:40:01 PM »
  Laban, Jamie Thomas, billy pepper, frank hirarta, ron allen, tmag, brewce martin(who used to be a good skater btw) Kris markovich, thats all I can think of right now.

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -156
« Reply #187 on: May 08, 2018, 06:49:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
  Laban, Jamie Thomas, billy pepper, frank hirarta, ron allen, tmag, brewce martin(who used to be a good skater btw) Kris markovich, thats all I can think of right now.
jeremy wray

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #188 on: May 08, 2018, 06:53:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
jeremy wray
  Whoah!

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -156
« Reply #189 on: May 08, 2018, 06:57:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
jeremy wray
[close]
  Whoah!
yeah, it didn't stick.
also choppy omega.
possibly simon woodstock?

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #190 on: May 08, 2018, 07:21:08 PM »
Thrasher's attempts at erasing history probably counts as a conspiracy. Danny Gonzalez's first kickflip down Wallenberg didn't exist (he grabbed backside/melon) even though he did it first try.

IHOP

« Reply #191 on: May 08, 2018, 07:33:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Is jamie actually banned? did not know that.  They run zero ads right? or at least when zero had money to run ads

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #192 on: May 08, 2018, 07:37:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Is jamie actually banned? did not know that.  They run zero ads right? or at least when zero had money to run ads
Actually I think maybe it was slap magazine now that I think about it.  Slap kinda frowned on Marc Johnson for a second too. Alot of these bans end up being temporary
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 07:39:39 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »

IHOP

« Reply #193 on: May 08, 2018, 07:39:47 PM »
Not much of a conspiracy, but many PS brands press their rider boards in smaller stacks to keep the shape/concave/strength more consistent. 

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #194 on: May 08, 2018, 07:49:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
jeremy wray
[close]
  Whoah!
[close]
yeah, it didn't stick.
also choppy omega.
possibly simon woodstock?

Danny Gonzales

Probably any Tracker riders in the 80's not named Hawk or Blender.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 194
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #195 on: May 08, 2018, 08:07:37 PM »
but skateboarding/skateboarders used to be obsessed with Third Reich imagery
used to be? pages ISUCK to this thread ;)

skate shoes, in terms of tech/ strength etc. peaked in the early naughts, that why the vulc boom was forced upon us. Shoes at the time were virtually indestructible which meant that you wouldn't have to buy them as often.

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

fulloffact

« Reply #196 on: May 09, 2018, 12:18:24 PM »
The industry blackballed Darrell after threatening Danny Way.

Reynolds puts a lot of brothas on so people can question the validity of whether or not he called Gershon a n*gger.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 912
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #197 on: May 09, 2018, 12:36:15 PM »
Nike/Cons keeps on a controversial person like Jason Jessee on, then whenever a team rider has some bad press goin on (Daryl) they try to derail that conversation by moving on to something else (Jason Jessee) so people forget

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2290
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #198 on: May 09, 2018, 12:37:43 PM »
Nike/Cons keeps on a controversial person like Jason Jessee on, then whenever a team rider has some bad press goin on (Daryl) they try to derail that conversation by moving on to something else (Jason Jessee) so people forget
BUT HAVE YOU READ HIS OLD INTERVIEW!?!?!

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

shit_for_brains

« Reply #199 on: May 09, 2018, 12:42:40 PM »

ungzilla

« Reply #200 on: May 09, 2018, 02:07:22 PM »
if he really was, he would've sprung for the luxury underscores instead of the bargain ass dashes

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #201 on: May 11, 2018, 04:29:47 PM »
all the new accounts are industry plants sent to destabilize the Slap community and its [irrelevant and nonexistent] hold on the industry

or there all tracer
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

NootNoot

« Reply #202 on: May 11, 2018, 07:39:52 PM »
all the new accounts are industry plants sent to destabilize the Slap community and its [irrelevant and nonexistent] hold on the industry

or there all tracer
Did you ever think there was a difference? Tracer wasn’t a real person, it was an account ran by 10 key industry members who could all log on and spread misinformation and propaganda. Do you really think some Canadian flannel monkey with that notoriety who was written in a Jenkem article would give it all away and focus to prove a point? No way. There’s new accounts now fulfilling stage 2 of the plan, I won’t mention who they are I don’t want to be banned.

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -134
« Reply #203 on: May 12, 2018, 04:36:44 AM »
Expand Quote

or there all tracer
[close]
Did you ever think there was a difference? Tracer wasn’t a real person, it was an account ran by 10 key industry members who could all log on and spread misinformation and propaganda. Do you really think some Canadian flannel monkey with that notoriety who was written in a Jenkem article would give it all away and focus to prove a point? No way. There’s new accounts now fulfilling stage 2 of the plan, I won’t mention who they are I don’t want to be banned.

Stay woke.

Viva la résistance!

HangtenNoseblunt

• Rep: -189
« Reply #204 on: May 12, 2018, 05:20:46 AM »
marc johnson is right about everything
Thank goodness we have HangtenNoseblunt in here as the voice of reason.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #205 on: May 12, 2018, 05:50:18 AM »
There is a NorCal skate mafia that controls a dominant share of skate hard goods and skate media that effectively dictates the skate market and would probably be subject to antitrust/collusion action were it a mainstream industry.

Dong Hanglo

• Rep: 34
« Reply #206 on: May 12, 2018, 05:58:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

or there all tracer
[close]
[close]

Stay woke.

Viva la résistance!

enlighten us with your plan, olympian?

shark tits

« Reply #207 on: May 12, 2018, 06:12:50 AM »
There is a NorCal skate mafia that controls a dominant share of skate hard goods and skate media that effectively dictates the skate market and would probably be subject to antitrust/collusion action were it a mainstream industry.
is enjoi that powerful?

boogs

« Reply #208 on: May 12, 2018, 09:10:42 AM »
nobody's talking about thrasher and deluxe being up for sale

shitcunt

• Rep: 4
« Reply #209 on: May 12, 2018, 10:51:27 AM »
nobody's talking about thrasher and deluxe being up for sale
Please expand