Author Topic: Skateboarding conspiracies thread  (Read 174749 times)

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Skateboarding conspiracies thread
« Reply #210 on: May 12, 2018, 11:00:57 AM »
Expand Quote
nobody's talking about thrasher and deluxe being up for sale
[close]
Please expand
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Pill_Cosby

« Reply #211 on: May 12, 2018, 11:10:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
nobody's talking about thrasher and deluxe being up for sale
[close]
Please expand
[close]

Mystical Leader

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -134
« Reply #212 on: May 12, 2018, 11:29:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
all the new accounts are industry plants sent to destabilize the Slap community and its [irrelevant and nonexistent] hold on the industry

or there all tracer
[close]
Did you ever think there was a difference? Tracer wasn’t a real person, it was an account ran by 10 key industry members who could all log on and spread misinformation and propaganda. Do you really think some Canadian flannel monkey with that notoriety who was written in a Jenkem article would give it all away and focus to prove a point? No way. There’s new accounts now fulfilling stage 2 of the plan, I won’t mention who they are I don’t want to be banned.
[close]

Stay woke.

Viva la résistance!
[close]

enlighten us with your plan, olympian?

Well we have to look at current state of skateboarding and think what we would like to change?

The way i look at it is that have to seek where the current power or the money is and redistributed differently. Another thing is that too many people cashed out and it made them lazy.. Skateboarding was always ment to be a youthful activity but instead we a bunch of forty year old "pros" taking a lot of potential capital. Most of them ride for the big three shoe companies. Maybe if a shoe sponsor wasn't the biggest deal in skateboarding, it sure would make things interesting..

But we have to see where the old money hungry patriarchs of skateboarding
 lead us..

boogs

« Reply #213 on: May 12, 2018, 11:41:52 AM »
i heard it about 6 months or so ago from a friend in the industry who deals with both companies. i don't think he was lying to me and i don't believe he was lied to about it. i also don't think i'm that important to be privy to such information if it was some super secret. theres no way i'm the only person on the boards who has heard about it.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 03:10:59 PM by boogs »

chiefqueef420

• Rep: -6
« Reply #214 on: May 12, 2018, 01:50:07 PM »
Not even a conspiracy, just fact, but Daddies Board Shop (longboard shop) owns CCS and sells the exact same product. Not even just that, but they sell the same products, with free shipping, and often better deals. They're two websites that sell product from the same exact inventory/stock, the only difference is CCS will cost you more. You can even buy CCS brand products from Daddies.

Edit: also, people seem to forget Foot Locker owned them before Daddies acquired them
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 06:03:08 PM by chiefqueef420 »
i pop my shields and sprinkle some sand in there. i want to make sure i approach that ledge as slow as possible so i dont slip out on my 5050s

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #215 on: May 12, 2018, 05:51:46 PM »
Not even a conspiracy, just fact, but Daddies Board Shop (longboard shop) owns CCS and sells the exact same product. Not even just that, but they sell the same products, with free shipping, and often better deals. They're two websites that sell product from the same exact inventory/stock, the only difference is CCS will cost you more. You can even buy CCS brand products from Daddies.

I think you got it backwards
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

chiefqueef420

• Rep: -6
« Reply #216 on: May 12, 2018, 05:57:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think you got it backwards
https://www.adventuresportsnetwork.com/transworld-business/daddies-board-shop-president-daron-horwitz-acquiring-ccs/ Daddies Board Shop bought CCS.
i pop my shields and sprinkle some sand in there. i want to make sure i approach that ledge as slow as possible so i dont slip out on my 5050s

Sad Hippo

« Reply #217 on: May 12, 2018, 08:39:40 PM »
Slap apparently isn't the free and independent skate forum we once thought it was.

Sad Hippo

« Reply #218 on: May 12, 2018, 08:42:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Slap apparently isn't the free and independent skate forum we once thought it was.
[close]
Did you lock the thread or was it a mod?

Surf-goth

• Rep: -677
« Reply #219 on: May 12, 2018, 09:03:17 PM »
Wow jason jessee thread got locked. I'm uaually not the one to cry outrage but fuck man this seems shady what the hell!
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

bawtawdreloaded

« Reply #220 on: May 12, 2018, 09:05:45 PM »
skate nazis must die
Damn right

Good job for uncovering their web guys

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #221 on: May 12, 2018, 09:08:39 PM »
so lame. whats the point of even locking it. everyone can still see whats there and its not as if people arent speaking about it on other social media platforms. very weak slap

seems unlike HATE!. kinda doubting it was actually him, but thats weird

IHOP

« Reply #222 on: May 12, 2018, 11:48:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

isnt sakteperception back now

lol

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #223 on: May 13, 2018, 10:19:13 AM »
girl/chocolate and fa/hockey are racially segregated skate teams.

chipped tail

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -42
« Reply #224 on: May 13, 2018, 01:19:42 PM »
Expand Quote
There is a NorCal skate mafia that controls a dominant share of skate hard goods and skate media that effectively dictates the skate market and would probably be subject to antitrust/collusion action were it a mainstream industry.
[close]
is enjoi that powerful?
He said NorCal. Dwindle is Some SoCal shit and Enjoi is fronting as a San Jose brand.

DM

• Rep: 25
« Reply #225 on: May 13, 2018, 03:20:22 PM »
Dwindle are starting a new vert brand.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
« Reply #226 on: May 13, 2018, 03:32:13 PM »
Plan B was originally called Final Solution, but skaters decided not to be so obvious

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1192
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #227 on: June 07, 2018, 10:42:34 AM »
Expand Quote
This is not so much a conspiracy, but skateboarding/skateboarders used to be obsessed with Third Reich imagery, which is something the industry as a whole has tried to downplay. Much of this comes from surfers in the '60s who were into Ed "Big Daddy" Roth. Some if it comes from street gangs who used swastikas for aesthetic purposes (Dogtown itself completely appropriated the name and imagery from a Northeast LA gang). I do not think the context was racial, however, they clearly knew the significance.
[close]

88 shoes

https://www.adl.org/education/references/hate-symbols/88

Had a pair and of these back in the day.  The whole nazi connection went right over my head.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Dorje Drolo

• Rep: -56
« Reply #228 on: June 07, 2018, 10:59:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
This is not so much a conspiracy, but skateboarding/skateboarders used to be obsessed with Third Reich imagery, which is something the industry as a whole has tried to downplay. Much of this comes from surfers in the '60s who were into Ed "Big Daddy" Roth. Some if it comes from street gangs who used swastikas for aesthetic purposes (Dogtown itself completely appropriated the name and imagery from a Northeast LA gang). I do not think the context was racial, however, they clearly knew the significance.
[close]

88 shoes

[close]

Had a pair and of these back in the day.  The whole nazi connection went right over my head.

I remember when this company came out and was little tripped out by then name. Growing up going to Punk/Hard Core shows I was aware of Nazi Skins and imagery so I was surprised when I saw this one rolled out. I remember hearing it had some significance with the year 1988 which made sense. I honestly just figured they had no idea and why would they.

That's the funny thing with all this Nazi conspiracy skate company BS. Aside from these really elaborate theories on brands imagery being Nazi what else have these so called nazi brands done to further their agenda. Absolutely nothing which is why all this shit is laughable. Other than make some rad product, have rad teams, a support skateboarding thats about all you got.

Hate groups don't stop at there logo, they perpetuate hate in all forms of their life. Not send riders on tour with open credit cards to have fun, stack clips, visits shops and spread the gospel of skateboarding.

Anyway keep those conspiracy theories coming. I'm always up for a good laugh.

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -156
« Reply #229 on: June 07, 2018, 12:06:58 PM »
i read somewhere 88 stands for harold hunter

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
« Reply #230 on: June 07, 2018, 02:17:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

88 shoes

[close]

[close]

I remember when this company came out and was little tripped out by then name. Growing up going to Punk/Hard Core shows I was aware of Nazi Skins and imagery so I was surprised when I saw this one rolled out. I remember hearing it had some significance with the year 1988 which made sense. I honestly just figured they had no idea and why would they.

That's the funny thing with all this Nazi conspiracy skate company BS. Aside from these really elaborate theories on brands imagery being Nazi what else have these so called nazi brands done to further their agenda. Absolutely nothing which is why all this shit is laughable. Other than make some rad product, have rad teams, a support skateboarding thats about all you got.

Hate groups don't stop at there logo, they perpetuate hate in all forms of their life. Not send riders on tour with open credit cards to have fun, stack clips, visits shops and spread the gospel of skateboarding.

Anyway keep those conspiracy theories coming. I'm always up for a good laugh.

I make it clear that I do not think these industry guys are actual neo-fascists. Some are not elaborate theories either. Unlike 88, various Jay Adams models (put out by Z, The Driven, and Deathbox) leave no room for interpretation with both the symbol and the word "Nazi" on the graphics. These are neither rad products nor rad teams--just a quick cash grab.

As far as the conspiracy aspect, NHS claims that they took the Indy cross from a June 1979 Time Magazine. Their second ad came out in August 1978 and depicted not only a cross logo, but also showed an Indy cross banner from a May 1978 contest. Why are they making up stories if the symbol is so benign? I also acknowledge that I could be over interpreting symbols with my own bias (hence the term "theory") just as I have believed others have done with the Jessee/Indy crossed hammers.

In the long run, I think some older industry leaders' fascination with 3rd Reich imagery have unintentionally attracted the wrong people. When I was younger, skateboarding was a magnet for disaffected youth and inevitably included fringe elements of society (and everyone including Hitler should be able to ride a skateboard), I'm just afraid that we called out to bullies instead of the bullied.

HangtenNoseblunt

• Rep: -189
« Reply #231 on: June 07, 2018, 03:40:38 PM »
rodney mullen was forced to do caspers darkslides and primos to increase board wear and turnover
Thank goodness we have HangtenNoseblunt in here as the voice of reason.

bawtawd5

• Rep: 134
« Reply #232 on: June 07, 2018, 04:14:09 PM »
T8 will delete any thread for a box of nike

Yung Brimley

• Rep: -417
  • Gentle Jones
    • Gentle Jones Secret Headquarters avatar image
« Reply #233 on: June 07, 2018, 04:21:44 PM »

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #234 on: June 07, 2018, 05:39:38 PM »
sternum truck co is an alltimers-adjacent Canadian instagram for a fake truck brand posting interesting stuff about how sponsorship works up north

Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

shredder sequel

• Rep: 58
« Reply #235 on: June 07, 2018, 07:00:39 PM »
Tony Hawk is a shaved Bigfoot.

whatthefuuu

• Rep: 3
« Reply #236 on: June 07, 2018, 07:49:56 PM »
funny part is i checked my email look who locked it

Expand Quote
Date: Sat, May 12, 2018, 11:22 PM
Subject: Topic locked: Jason Jessee is a Nazi and Santa Cruz loves him
To: <[email protected]>

A topic you are watching has been locked by HATE!.

View the topic at: http://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=99673.new;topicseen#new
[close]

Archive everything with archive.is

shingles

• Rep: -61
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #237 on: July 10, 2018, 01:46:48 AM »

Yes its called Madness Skateboards with teamriders Clay Kreiner, Sam Beckett, Alex Perelson and Cody Lockwood I guess. Pretty weak name in my opinion, but good team
support your local ramp-tramp

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #238 on: July 10, 2018, 04:27:13 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yes its called Madness Skateboards with teamriders Clay Kreiner, Sam Beckett, Alex Perelson and Cody Lockwood I guess. Pretty weak name in my opinion, but good team

I thought it was spelled Madn3ss. And all the drops are going to be Creature Green color schemes, and 6 board monster mural series. Since NHS is buying Dwindle and DLX in the near future, everything needs to be streamlined for the AI they bought to be the art department.

GrandPUNCH

• Rep: -2
« Reply #239 on: July 10, 2018, 03:40:43 PM »
Owen Wilson bluntslid that rail

I back this