Author Topic: Skateboarding conspiracies thread  (Read 175249 times)

fulltechnicalskizzy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1935
Re: Skateboarding conspiracies thread
« Reply #360 on: October 01, 2018, 05:16:34 PM »
I just bought some 5/16 axle nuts from Home Depot I refuse to be a walking billboard fuck you. Unless it's for Home Depot.

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 992
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #361 on: October 01, 2018, 05:22:08 PM »
billy marks is a little person
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1224
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #362 on: October 01, 2018, 05:22:17 PM »
I just bought some 5/16 axle nuts from Home Depot I refuse to be a walking billboard fuck you. Unless it's for Home Depot.

They sponsor Tony Stewart and he killed a dude, Home Depot is the bad boy of NASCAR sponsorships. They're like the Anti-Hero of racecars.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

ungzilla

« Reply #363 on: October 01, 2018, 07:22:42 PM »
stop gentrifying daytona! fuck your timeshare!

Pigeon

« Reply #364 on: October 02, 2018, 10:29:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Nick Trapasso embezzled money from Toy Machine and used it to start LE.
[close]

There's an old thrasher interview where billy marks clearly states that to be the case
Are Toy & Foundation’s finances not under one company? Also, how and why did he have access to Tum Yeto finances. If he didn’t, wouldn’t that be larceny?

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1224
« Reply #365 on: October 02, 2018, 11:17:07 AM »
stop gentrifying daytona! fuck your timeshare!

The National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing owes you nothing but a flat tire and some whiplash. Hellride motherfuckers.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

Larry Sportello

• Rep: 17
« Reply #366 on: October 02, 2018, 11:30:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Who has brand loyalty to a hardware brand
[close]

Tim the Tool Man Taylor
[close]

Holy shit dude I'm starting a bolts company called binford

I'm immediately a loyal customer.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #367 on: October 02, 2018, 01:35:42 PM »
Less of a conspiracy and more of a prediction:

In the future, we will look at shaped decks, sex changes, highwaters and snapback hats the same way we look at the huge pants, 38mm wheels and snappy noseslides of the early 90’s.

lame prediction, any person that's over 30 can predict that shit, since it's all cyclical. it's all been there before, even the highwaters. why would people start to hate on snapbacks? it's just a method to tighten your headwear, what the fuck makes it worse than a strapback, a flexfit, fitted new era, etc..., it's a trend for once, but also a personal decision. i mean it's a damn cap, they won't go anywhere. people been wearing baseball caps for about 100 years now. they also all look the fucking same in the front, who cares. same goes for shaped decks. why lessen options and ridicule people for their tastes? it's like only 10% max of all skaters nowadays ride shaped decks.

you are probably right in that people will cherry pick the most ridiculuos examples of todays trends in twenty years and will act like everyone was in on it, even though it's actually way more diverse and a sizable chunk of skaters is either just low key trendy or not at all. so in twenty years they will tell us that in 2018 absolutely everyone wore pants like gilbert crockett, that absolutely everyone skated shaped decks only and everyone but tiago lemos only did wallies, no complies and bonelesses, even though that's flat out wrong.

FROTHY

« Reply #368 on: October 02, 2018, 03:15:11 PM »
Steve Berra and Eric Koston created a secret indoor skatepark in LA so that they could "train for street skating". I guarantee it's just going to turn into a money-making scheme, and neither of them are going to get any better at skating. Just watch. 

Bmlbrett

• Rep: 0
« Reply #369 on: October 02, 2018, 04:22:18 PM »
Truck companies purposely sell shitty bushings in their trucks to save costs and encourage the sale of aftermarket bushings.

Pros were encouraged in their setup videos to pop shields so that kids and consumers would start doing it to sell more bearings, how much longer they last without popped shields is very significant.

Shoe brands like adidas and Nike use good materials for the first release of a shoe when all the reviews will be done, with each subsequent batch made they use cheaper and lower quality materials in certain places to offset lower sales and increase their profits.
true

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
« Reply #370 on: October 02, 2018, 06:00:50 PM »
I try to get Bronze hardware if I can but it doesn't really matter. Would be down to support Bender or something too if it throws them a couple bucks.  I grabbed some Indy hardware a while ago not really thinking about it and looking at the little iron crosses drove me crazy. Indy is corny as hell and I'm AWAKE.  Had to switch them out after a couple sessions. 

wheee!

shripshrapper

• Rep: -21
  • Shane Heyl 2020 #GOATPOTUS
« Reply #371 on: October 02, 2018, 06:02:35 PM »
I try to get Bronze hardware if I can but it doesn't really matter. Would be down to support Bender or something too if it throws them a couple bucks.  I grabbed some Indy hardware a while ago not really thinking about it and looking at the little iron crosses drove me crazy. Indy is corny as hell and I'm AWAKE.  Had to switch them out after a couple sessions.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1347
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #372 on: October 02, 2018, 06:30:21 PM »
Nah I'd be bummed on little Iron Crosses too.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1935
« Reply #373 on: October 02, 2018, 06:46:05 PM »
That's just how phillips heads look

Pigeon

« Reply #374 on: October 02, 2018, 06:59:14 PM »
Would you say that they’re superior to allen heads?

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1347
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #375 on: October 02, 2018, 07:35:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Looked them up and yes that is just how phillips heads look. I retract my earlier disgust. I thought maybe the combi bolts had some cute little logo on them or something.

Anyway, phillips head all the way. If there's no phillips head screwdriver in the house, you're sorta fucked. Allen keys are way less common and I think I have only used them on skateboard bolts and Italian film projectors built in the 1950s.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Powdered Toast Man!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 170
  • (formerly mex.ceferino)
« Reply #376 on: October 02, 2018, 07:49:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They sponsor Tony Stewart and he killed a dude, Home Depot is the bad boy of NASCAR sponsorships. They're like the Anti-HeroPlan B of racecars.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 12:40:44 AM by mex.ceferino »

I just want everyone to know that I'm only 32.8% skateboarder, and that's on a good day. The rest is just soy and cum.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 378
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #377 on: October 03, 2018, 12:24:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Looked them up and yes that is just how phillips heads look. I retract my earlier disgust. I thought maybe the combi bolts had some cute little logo on them or something.

Anyway, phillips head all the way. If there's no phillips head screwdriver in the house, you're sorta fucked. Allen keys are way less common and I think I have only used them on skateboard bolts and Italian film projectors built in the 1950s.
I have a number of allen keys because I need them for my bikes, but I still use phillips hardware because allen hardware is fucking stupid

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -376
  • ants suck!
« Reply #378 on: October 03, 2018, 12:58:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

They sponsor Tony Stewart and he killed a dude, Home Depot is the bad boy of NASCAR sponsorships. They're like the Anti-HeroPlan B of racecars.
[close]
hah!
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

Switch_fsflip_noseslide

• Rep: -27
  • Nobody steals from Creed Bratton
« Reply #379 on: October 03, 2018, 11:49:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Who has brand loyalty to a hardware brand
[close]

Tim the Tool Man Taylor
[close]

Holy shit dude I'm starting a bolts company called binford

[close]

I'm immediately a loyal customer.

"Giovanni Reda sleeps with the fishes"

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 307
« Reply #380 on: October 03, 2018, 03:52:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
I have a number of allen keys because I need them for my bikes, but I still use phillips hardware because allen hardware is fucking stupid

Allen hardware is totally superior but I never buy it because you'll never have the tool when you really need it and you can always scrounge up a Phillips or small enough flathead.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1145
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #381 on: October 03, 2018, 06:39:46 PM »
I’ve become more and more OCD about only skating allen key hardware.  It’s silly, but looking down and seeing philips head bolts just nags at me.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

7 year old

« Reply #382 on: October 06, 2018, 07:25:45 AM »
Kyle Walker is secretly Greg Lutzka.

micky682

« Reply #383 on: October 06, 2018, 08:03:08 AM »
Kyle Walker is secretly Greg Lutzka.
I geeked.

full of jerks

• Rep: -33
« Reply #384 on: October 06, 2018, 10:25:10 AM »
Skateboarding hasn't advanced much lately because nobody makes Torx head hardware.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 805
« Reply #385 on: October 06, 2018, 10:32:35 AM »
a lot of skaters got good at skating big rails because they were rollerbladers before switching to skateboarding
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

shripshrapper

• Rep: -21
  • Shane Heyl 2020 #GOATPOTUS
« Reply #386 on: October 06, 2018, 10:36:43 AM »
Skateboarding hasn't advanced much lately because nobody makes Torx head hardware.

Torx is too up river.

bo bice

• Rep: 89
« Reply #387 on: October 06, 2018, 11:29:21 AM »
a lot of skaters got good at skating big rails because they were rollerbladers before switching to skateboarding

Did you do a lot of whip-its as a kid or what

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #388 on: October 06, 2018, 12:07:21 PM »
While in middle school, it was an undisputed fact that Gilbert lost a nut on a rail, he was out for a while, yada yada yada no one really mentioned it to his face.

I was impressed.

Pigeon

« Reply #389 on: October 07, 2018, 06:37:53 PM »
Dill did 9/11.