Author Topic: Skateboarding conspiracies thread  (Read 175310 times)

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 991
  • the moon rules
Re: Skateboarding conspiracies thread
« Reply #450 on: December 21, 2018, 09:12:05 PM »
Maybe have mentioned this before, but I read an old Lib Tech ad like 15 or so years ago that said (in small lettering) how a lot of major board companies give their riders boards with their best wood while selling inferior wood to the public. The ad went on to say that Lib Tech didn't do that, and gives the best wood, etc.

Don't know if that's true (and here I'm thinking of Elijah Berle solely riding the PS Stix 20th anniversary Girl boards even though it's way later) but it was disheartening at the time, although it didn't make me want to forego my favourite companies and buy a Lib Tech board. I took this thread way too seriously, huh.
It happens all the time. I got a Blind board in like 2003 from Corey Sheppard that was printed on Bareback/Generator boards. Leo Romero had an interview where he said his personal use boards printed on Generator boards. A few years ago the Girl/Chocolate dudes were all skating PS Stix boards while their production runs were whatever shitty woodshop they now use. It costs more to do a full run on good boards; go figure
fuck you bama

Knox Harrington

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 10
« Reply #451 on: December 21, 2018, 09:13:23 PM »
There's a secret association of well known pros who have government connections to get famous skate spots destroyed. It's thought that they do this to avoid being one upped. I don't have all of the details, but it's no coincidence that Mike Carroll was heavily involved with EMB, Pier 7, and Hubba Hideout or that the Rick and Mike part in Mouse had footage at the Venice Pavillion, Wilshire rail, USC block, etc. Another obvious one is what Kalis ended up doing to Love Park and Jkwon.

90sDamiano

• Rep: -82
« Reply #452 on: December 22, 2018, 12:13:46 PM »
Thrasher rough cuts intentionally leave out all the attempts and just show unedited makes to keep us from learning from pros trials and errors
:-X

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 648
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #453 on: December 23, 2018, 03:32:27 AM »
Maybe have mentioned this before, but I read an old Lib Tech ad like 15 or so years ago that said (in small lettering) how a lot of major board companies give their riders boards with their best wood while selling inferior wood to the public. The ad went on to say that Lib Tech didn't do that, and gives the best wood, etc.

Don't know if that's true (and here I'm thinking of Elijah Berle solely riding the PS Stix 20th anniversary Girl boards even though it's way later) but it was disheartening at the time, although it didn't make me want to forego my favourite companies and buy a Lib Tech board. I took this thread way too seriously, huh.

Real website

Unlike many companies, we don’t make special decks for our team riders and then sell decks of lesser quality. The same decks the team rides are the ones we sell. It’s the way it should be.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #454 on: December 23, 2018, 05:18:29 AM »
Braydon szarfranski was the ENTIRE emerica teams drug dealer but instead of paying him they let him be part of their crew and he got good enough to be on.
Isn’t this how Shane Heyl got on?
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #455 on: January 25, 2019, 12:47:49 AM »
After the padless 540, Yuto proved himself as one of the best skaters atm.

Since the Olympics are held in Japan and being its first year, they'll need some clean cut, no questions asked winner (No Ninejah, not you) in order to keep a family/TV image and keep on cashing.

So, Yuto has already won Olympic Gold.

Edit: Shalom.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 06:12:57 AM by Giza Butler »
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

stokedtrout

• Rep: 4
« Reply #456 on: January 25, 2019, 05:42:46 AM »
After the padless 540, Yuto proved himself as one of the best skaters atm.

Since the Olympics are held in Japan and being its first year, they'll need some clean cut, no questions asked winner (No Ninejah, not you) in order to keep a family/TV image and keep on cashing.

So, Yuto has already won Olympic Gold.

I'd love to see it

squintharder

« Reply #457 on: January 27, 2019, 09:10:55 AM »
Not sure if it's a conspiracy theory, probs more of a rumor. But that chase webb and david loy raped some girl at a party. Wouldn't be surprised if it was true

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1347
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #458 on: January 27, 2019, 11:28:34 AM »
Not sure if it's a conspiracy theory, probs more of a rumor. But that chase webb and david loy raped some girl at a party. Wouldn't be surprised if it was true

For your further edification, please enjoy this thread:
http://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=97458.msg2716671#msg2716671
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

winecrab

• Rep: -176
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #459 on: January 27, 2019, 12:10:37 PM »
Boosh also admitted that Nick Trapasso jerked off and came on some passed out girl at a party. It was in one of the skatetalk live episodes. 

Jerrys Kid

• Rep: 56
« Reply #460 on: January 27, 2019, 12:46:15 PM »
I think there's some truth to the rumor that Tony Hawks dad threw his weight around with ESPN and the XGames to keep Tas Pappas from being the first to land the 900. They wanted the clean-cut Tony to be the ambassador to skateboarding and not the hard-partying Australian guy.

Woodward has gotten so big because of all the hush money that skate companies have paid them to keep all the incidents of their riders hooking up with underage girls from the gymnastics camp.

Numbers the skateboard company only exists as a tax-write off since they would end up with more money than taking a paycheck from Girl and being taxed for it.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 01:25:54 PM by Jerrys Kid »

doublesteveburger

« Reply #461 on: January 27, 2019, 12:50:29 PM »
Boosh also admitted that Nick Trapasso jerked off and came on some passed out girl at a party. It was in one of the skatetalk live episodes.

extend it B

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1347
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #462 on: January 27, 2019, 01:14:27 PM »
I think there's some truth to the rumor that Tony Hawks dad threw his weight around with ESPN and the XGames to keep Tas Pappas from being the first to land the 900. They wanted the clean cut Tony to be the ambassador to skateboarding and not the hard-partying Australian guy.

You know Tony landed the 900 four years after his dad died right?
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

stokedtrout

« Reply #463 on: January 27, 2019, 01:21:58 PM »
I think there's some truth to the rumor that Tony Hawks dad threw his weight around with ESPN and the XGames to keep Tas Pappas from being the first to land the 900. They wanted the clean cut Tony to be the ambassador to skateboarding and not the hard-partying Australian guy.

Or maybe Tas is bitter and paranoid.

Brguy

« Reply #464 on: January 27, 2019, 01:22:10 PM »
Didn't the hard-partying Australian guy basically land zero tricks, therefore impeding him to keep trying later in the contest?

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1145
« Reply #465 on: January 27, 2019, 02:10:49 PM »
There are three graying, bearded men in white lab coats currently passing themselves off as the real Paul Schmitt. 
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Ayanami

• Rep: 55
« Reply #466 on: January 27, 2019, 02:16:55 PM »
TK is always watching.

Shalom.
i like the tiny headed bear who says nice stuff to everyone.

getdatshrimp

• Rep: 11
« Reply #467 on: January 27, 2019, 03:09:09 PM »
 Kevin Harris had something to do with the invention of skateboard caps on ledges.  Then they all started rolling out around Vancouver.  I asked him about it; he's heard the rumor before. But denied it.

squintharder

« Reply #468 on: January 27, 2019, 03:48:07 PM »
someone (maybe Dill?) once said that some companies will have their graphics printed on PS Stix for their riders and sell shit wood to the customers.

Yeah i believe that with crailtap. Every board i skated from them has been total shit

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #469 on: January 27, 2019, 03:54:54 PM »
I think there's some truth to the rumor that Tony Hawks dad threw his weight around with ESPN and the XGames to keep Tas Pappas from being the first to land the 900. They wanted the clean-cut Tony to be the ambassador to skateboarding and not the hard-partying Australian guy.
Tony debunks this conspiracy pretty thoroughly here: https://skateboarding.transworld.net/news/tony-hawk-responds-to-allegations-made-in-all-this-mayhem/
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

PaulYoung

• Rep: 20
  • Hit You Off Management
« Reply #470 on: January 27, 2019, 04:07:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Pretty sure Quasi was actually behind the PH leak of Mother
[close]

I think Justin Henry said something to that effect because they wanted it to be seen before a song got pulled
[close]

Pretty sure Paul Young posted it up there after it got copyright blocked on youtube.
Nah fake news. some random did it, think it was the same guy who posts all the vids on there no?

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
« Reply #471 on: January 27, 2019, 05:42:54 PM »
Kevin Harris had something to do with the invention of skateboard caps on ledges.  Then they all started rolling out around Vancouver.  I asked him about it; he's heard the rumor before. But denied it.
That rumor went something like Kevin Harris wanted all the skate spots capped so kids would go to his park, which was bs cuz by that time his park had already been closed for a few years. Edward Devera or Spencer Fujimoto made it a really popular rumor cuz they said it in some interview, after that all the red dragon guys were wanting to fight him. There's a Colin or Moses interview where they talk about Vancouver government people taking pictures from parking garages while they were skating to plan how to shut down spots.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 744
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #472 on: January 27, 2019, 05:47:23 PM »
There are three graying, bearded men in white lab coats currently passing themselves off as the real Paul Schmitt.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Sanka Coffie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
  • The best push-cart driver in all of Jamaica
« Reply #473 on: January 27, 2019, 08:16:17 PM »
Dustin Dollin has been pulling a Jim Lahey on us the whole time and actually just drinks O'Doul's and iced tea

Kill_Yourself_Now

« Reply #474 on: January 27, 2019, 08:21:30 PM »

That's because Professor Schmitt accidentally cut his jugular testing out the new Ripsaw 2019 prototypes he'd been working on last year, RIP to a true scientist.

stokedtrout

« Reply #475 on: January 27, 2019, 08:38:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Tony debunks this conspiracy pretty thoroughly here: https://skateboarding.transworld.net/news/tony-hawk-responds-to-allegations-made-in-all-this-mayhem/

I think Jenkem also interviewed a heap of key stakeholders about it like Tony, the X-games organiser, Bob, Dave Duncan (who was announcing) etc and every single one of them said that it was all down to ESPN & the X-Games people. The pros who were interviewed were kinda saying that it's no surprise that in a 5 or 6 man best trick that Tas was overlooked given that he was more of a middle of the pack kind of guy who rarely hit the podium. His omission was not really a surprise to anyone. Plus everyone thought he was dick because that's how he acted.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1145
« Reply #476 on: February 06, 2019, 03:54:47 PM »
In a scheme that took decades to come to fruition, in the 1960’s, chemical engineers and colleagues at MIT Mr. Edmund Shue and Dr. Masuki Gou, stumbled upon a proprietary formula that would spread like liquid and eventually form a protective, hardened shell.

Mr. Shue and Dr. Gou, in addition to being brilliant chemical engineers and longtime pals, were shrewd and calculating salesmen.  (Some say greed, even more than adhesives, is what truely held this partnership together.)

Realizing this adhesive needed a captive market, they knew that selling this product for ordinary household uses would never give them the filthy lucre necessary to fuel their wild, cocaine-encrusted, orgiastic, lavish lifestyles the two brilliant, yet flawed men desired.

While discussing how to somehow create a market that would somehow be hopelessly addicted to their adhesives, one of their research assistants, a pretty but shy graduate student (with a talent for sticking her nose in places where it ought not be) named Ms. Grieep Taape (named after her Netherlandish grandfather and Swedish great-godmother) walked in after overhearing the two adhesives experts and suggested a plan....The kids were starting a new craze called, in those days, “sidewalk surfing.” It was like the sport you know that is done in the water, but they used wheels mounted on a piece of wood to simulate a surf board.

“What if,” Grieep suggested, “we three use our background in adhesives to create a destructive form of gritty tape to give these regular kids something to rip their shoes to pieces on?  THEN they have to buy our shoe adhesive to FIX THE SHOES WE RIPPED!!! That way, we make our money coming and going!  With your two brilliant minds and my help, we’re going to be rich!”

“They will never fall for that!” decried Mr. Shue.  “You have mistaken the honora-bru intensions of American teen-ager Miss Taape-son!” said an angry Dr. Gou.

But late into the night, they planned, and they schemed.  Then they took a break.  Then they schemed some more. The two men eventually saw the wisdom in what their assistant said.  The abrasive product for the sidewalk surfers would be called “Grip Tape” (named after the young grad student.)

Mr. Shue and Dr. Gou decided to make a play on their names, and called the product “Shoe Goo.”  They then immediately cut Ms. Taape out of the deal (it was a different time in gender relations, sadly.)  The bright young woman who actually came up with the idea never made a penny.

Shue and Gou succeeded in their hedonistic persuits as jet-setting multi-millionaires.  They have their private islands, mountains of cocaine and a harem of gorgeous women who exist only to pleasure them.  But their souls have eroded away long ago, much like the soles of so many Circas and Osiris and Vans their products destroy and yet simultaneously protect.

What happened to Ms. Taape, you ask?  Well she, had a brief career before falling in love and marrying an honest man outside of the adhesive industry.  She grew old with that man she loved, had a family... even watched her kids grow to give her lovely grandkids that she sees every weekend.  She doesn’t miss her Tuesday bridge game (no matter what!). And she even joined a skateboard message board in her free time... she goes by SneakySecrets.  Yes, that’s right, that woman is me.  Thank you for letting me tell my story to you.  While I still don’t understand what it is you kids do with your skateboards, I’ve grown to admire it.  I say go get ‘em and keep doing what you’re doing because I’m loving it guys!
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

ZEBRA

« Reply #477 on: February 06, 2019, 04:37:57 PM »
Not sure if this has been a post, but I got a pretty good one. Came up with it while super high.

Decks have always been about the same price, right? Until recently.....

Back in the 80’s, boards were super wide. And then as the late 90’s came around, they started getting more and more narrow. Using less wood. Hence the same price around $50 per deck.

Not until recently have decks started to go up to about $55, maybe $60 if it had foil or it’s a slick or something.

Boards are also a lot wider now.

Companies deliberately started making boards smaller to use less wood and keep the price point at around $50 to keep up with inflation. And now the trend is wider boards which use more material, so the price point is now going up.

If this trend continues for the foreseeable future, we’ll see boards rise above $60. If we’re to keep that $55 price point, we’ll start seeing cheaper made boards across the board, or the trend of smaller decks will come back.

I hope I didn’t trip anyone out too bad.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 04:40:03 PM by ZEBRA »

comicbookguy

• Rep: -53
« Reply #478 on: February 06, 2019, 04:51:20 PM »
If this trend continues for the foreseeable future, we’ll see boards rise above $60. If we’re to keep that $55 price point, we’ll start seeing cheaper made boards across the board, or the trend of smaller decks will come back.

You seppo cunts have no idea how good you have it, Australia tax sucks.

JamesFardy

• Rep: 63
    • Gyfcat.com avatar image
« Reply #479 on: February 06, 2019, 08:48:45 PM »
I had heard Mathias ringstrom (vert pro for Osiris back in the 90s) was picking up a stack of posters of himself promoting his shoe and made a stinker comment to Jerry Hsu saying something along the lines of “when you’ve put in as much time as me jerry you’ll get a shoe” in that same stack was Jerry’s first pro shoe poster too and he didn’t know it. Kanten Russell (if that somehow solidified this story) was who had shared this important news.