Author Topic: Venture 2020  (Read 364454 times)

FrenchSkater

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 28
Re: Venture 2020
« Reply #5370 on: January 28, 2024, 03:01:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i thought it was interesting/cool, that ace started making a low. i was surprised….low trucks have been sorta out of favor for what? the last 10-12 years? more? i thought maybe it was going to be the start of a new wave.
but the pro’s that skated lo’s the longest, seemed to age out, and the other stalwarts, switched to venture hi’s, fairly recently. westgate, gino, felipe gustavo, pj, all maybe changed to hi’s?

i like trucks, they interest me more than any other skate part. i like something about all of the major brands.
but if i only had one more session, i’d grab some setup that had venture lo’s on it, and walk to a flatground spot.
that is the thing that kicks me of my fave trucks tho: walking to the spot. being stuck on 51s is….i love how small wheels feel when i pop/flip? but just rolling down the street sucks.
[close]

I chalked the pros switching from lo to hi based on availability, they clearly make less low than hi; Prod made the switch for 'more pop'.

51s are both great and shitty at the same time =D
[close]

Either Lows are their best selling truck or they're cutting back production on Lows to focus on the His - Lows are usually sold out on online stores.
[close]

From talking to some shops people, they will just not order any more low trucks, as they don't sell for them, in the same way they don't order smaller than 52 mm wheels, which might sell out the fastest too, but even Indy mids are being cleared out of some bigger shops just because they have way too much stock and need to get rid of them.

Once the low truck on a sub 8" board with 50 or 51 mm wheels might have been the ideal setup for tech dudes, but that is long gone, replaced by more people riding 8.25 through 8.38 to 8.5 and bigger, on any normal sized trucks on wheels anywhere from 52 mm through 53 and 54 mm sizes up to 60 mm in some cases.

I also have the impression that the lows are disappearing little by little. Many pros who were on venture lows are now on v lights, which are considered medium with their 52 mm. (Westgate, PJ Ladd, I confirm because I asked them a few months ago on insta  ;D )

Even small wheels are in decline.. But I agree that 52 mm is the right compromise!

backside_frontside

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -304
« Reply #5371 on: January 28, 2024, 06:10:23 AM »
Damn, kids these days don’t even want to skate Venture Los SMH

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5372 on: January 28, 2024, 06:58:08 AM »
we do
not everyone is riding sub 8” boards
to say the least
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

theloniousmonk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5373 on: January 28, 2024, 08:41:08 AM »
One idea to get a little more width out of the 5.2 lo’s could be to run those Andy Anderson wheels or maybe add one of those axle spacers with a slim titanium axle nut

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1964
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #5374 on: January 28, 2024, 08:50:36 AM »
One idea to get a little more width out of the 5.2 lo’s could be to run those Andy Anderson wheels or maybe add one of those axle spacers with a slim titanium axle nut

I admire the ingenuity but it's just not the same 🥲

2024 is not looking like the year of Venture unless they finally give us the 5.6 / 5.8 / 6.1 Low the 2 dozen of us are clamoring for!
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1115
« Reply #5375 on: January 28, 2024, 11:53:41 AM »
i dunno. i have my strong doubts on how many would ride the lo’s, even in bigger sizes.
it would totally be possible for someone to ride an 8.38, 5.2 lo’s w/3 inside washers, 52 conical fulls. haven’t seen anyone do it yet.
when i buy lo’s, or buy wheels for said trucks, and out myself, shop dudes look like i just landed. i could see them setting up a board with no griptape with less side eye.

for me, the issue with lower trucks is more about the wheel size, and being limited on spots, not the width.
i understand that i am a smaller adult (5’8” 175, size 10-10.5), so its not like i ‘need’ an 8.75 or whatever

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5376 on: January 28, 2024, 02:47:11 PM »
i dunno. i have my strong doubts on how many would ride the lo’s, even in bigger sizes.
it would totally be possible for someone to ride an 8.38, 5.2 lo’s w/3 inside washers, 52 conical fulls. haven’t seen anyone do it yet.
when i buy lo’s, or buy wheels for said trucks, and out myself, shop dudes look like i just landed. i could see them setting up a board with no griptape with less side eye.

for me, the issue with lower trucks is more about the wheel size, and being limited on spots, not the width.
i understand that i am a smaller adult (5’8” 175, size 10-10.5), so its not like i ‘need’ an 8.75 or whatever
yuto rides them on pretty much anything
just make him the face of the campaign and they will sell
fail proof given his current pull if thats the main concern

that 8.38/5.2L setup sounds horrible
try it out if you have the equipment
you would quickly see why larger sizes are wanted

this was my attempt with an 8.5
& the wheels are 6.5mm wider than 52mm conical fulls
no solution to undersized hangers
also magic carpet with low trucks fucking blows
like yeah reynolds ran 8.5/139s, but those are 55mm tall

as for the weird looks in the shop
check my sig and recall the interaction ;) but being real
you seem like a good dude so dont take this the wrong way
the funny looks make sense, at least the way i imagine it

guy in his 40s walks in talking about lows and small wheels…
this can either be one of two things off rip:
a) nostalgia trip akin to people who buy santa cruz reissues
b) the goat that ive yet to see
i naturally would squint, like who the fuck is this?
chuckling or rolling my eyes could also be valid responses
that persons reaction to me would answer a/b

i probably have about 5 other jokes for that one
but i digress, theres a more glaring issue

venture lows are not “any old truck”
you request them with complete confidence
and a slight air of mystery
i wish i was making this up but they have this pedigree
that honestly no other truck on the market has
which is probably why dlx isnt rushing to fuck with them
its not like they need to

no other truck has this cabal, pros and joes
where the riders are outright doing the marketing
and keeping them alive and well. its THEIR truck

these are not quiver people
they are built different from almost everyone here
you wont catch them on another truck
proving yourself as an outsider is hilariously simple
anyone i asked about them just called them “ventures”
if i didnt know any better, thats on me
its the club inside the club

outside of the one person i skated with that swore by them
theres a small amount of times that ive seen them in the wild
but the memory of who was running them stays

the last joe i saw with lows pulled up, popular soho spot
was at least 10 years older than everyone there
orange blank and you know the truck when you see em
effortlessly nollie flip overcrooked the ledge first t no warmup
i sat my ass down, grabbed a beer and proceeded to watch
some of the best skating ive ever witnessed
and ive seen my fair share of pros in the streets
dude skated like he ran that setup all his life
thats what i see when i hear “venture low”

its not a truck for everybody to say the least
but the people who love them are lifelong customers
really low stakes given how well other ventures are selling
id think its just a matter of time really
« Last Edit: January 28, 2024, 03:45:31 PM by munchbox »
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5377 on: January 28, 2024, 06:17:01 PM »
mmmmmmmm

they are called venture lo’s.

i’ve ridden them, pretty consistently, over the last 25+ish years. i take long breaks from skating, sometimes health related, sometimes work/time related. i am not even good at skating. i often have different setups, sometimes a quiver, sometimes a pile of parts that i’m just putting together to try and feel something.

the reason i mentioned the shop side eye: i don’t think the handfuls of folks on slap would be enough of a reason to have a wider venture lo. maybe it’s just the current trends, but bigger wheels have been in for ahwile, and wheels greater than 52, and low trucks, aren’t the best match. the looks of disbelief told me, perhaps incorrectly, that low trucks are not wanted by the masses. i am in my mid-late 40s, i couldn’t look cool if i really wanted too. when i go to a park, im 30 years older than the majority. i often hate what they are into, there is harmony.

magic carpet leads to less wheelbite. folks will debate this, but i feel strongly that they are incorrect. trucks wider than the board is better for pinch aka desirable wheelbite. with magic carpet the trucks being inset from the edge, i feel like i need to lean further, before i get wheelbite.

yuto is an incredible skater, doing padless 5s on lo’s. i’m not sure if he’s driving the skate trends tho.  kai kishi looks like he’s on the same trucks.
some of the young folks tearing up the contests look like they are on smaller setups, but it’s hard to tell.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5378 on: January 28, 2024, 06:46:02 PM »
We need the over 45 slappy crowd to get aboard the Venture train, yeah the metal grinds harder but you feel like an absolute G while doing so. That should increase the addressable market by at least 20 guys.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

sans umbilical

• Rep: 24
« Reply #5379 on: January 29, 2024, 09:08:24 AM »
I just set up my first set of 5.2 Lo's V-Hollow. I'm on an 8.06 Real. I'm coming off of 5.2 Standard. I also have a 6.1 V-Hollow set on an 8.5 Real True Mold and Standard 6.1 on a 9-inch. Gonz Family Affair. The madness is real.

By the way, I'll be 49 on the 9th. I'm a part of the over-45 Slappy crowd too.
Keep Shredding

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #5380 on: January 29, 2024, 09:18:20 AM »
Munchbox over here really making me second guess my setup and contemplating starting over with some venture lows….

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 953
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #5381 on: January 29, 2024, 09:27:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i thought it was interesting/cool, that ace started making a low. i was surprised….low trucks have been sorta out of favor for what? the last 10-12 years? more? i thought maybe it was going to be the start of a new wave.
but the pro’s that skated lo’s the longest, seemed to age out, and the other stalwarts, switched to venture hi’s, fairly recently. westgate, gino, felipe gustavo, pj, all maybe changed to hi’s?

i like trucks, they interest me more than any other skate part. i like something about all of the major brands.
but if i only had one more session, i’d grab some setup that had venture lo’s on it, and walk to a flatground spot.
that is the thing that kicks me of my fave trucks tho: walking to the spot. being stuck on 51s is….i love how small wheels feel when i pop/flip? but just rolling down the street sucks.
[close]

I chalked the pros switching from lo to hi based on availability, they clearly make less low than hi; Prod made the switch for 'more pop'.

51s are both great and shitty at the same time =D
[close]

Either Lows are their best selling truck or they're cutting back production on Lows to focus on the His - Lows are usually sold out on online stores.
[close]

From talking to some shops people, they will just not order any more low trucks, as they don't sell for them, in the same way they don't order smaller than 52 mm wheels, which might sell out the fastest too, but even Indy mids are being cleared out of some bigger shops just because they have way too much stock and need to get rid of them.

Once the low truck on a sub 8" board with 50 or 51 mm wheels might have been the ideal setup for tech dudes, but that is long gone, replaced by more people riding 8.25 through 8.38 to 8.5 and bigger, on any normal sized trucks on wheels anywhere from 52 mm through 53 and 54 mm sizes up to 60 mm in some cases.
[close]

I also have the impression that the lows are disappearing little by little. Many pros who were on venture lows are now on v lights, which are considered medium with their 52 mm. (Westgate, PJ Ladd, I confirm because I asked them a few months ago on insta  ;D )

Even small wheels are in decline.. But I agree that 52 mm is the right compromise!

No one fuckin answers me on Instagram. That's a lie.

Mike Sinclair talked to me. Offered me a potential responsibility which I had to decline as I was unstable af. Then he sent me hollow trucks before they hit stores.

I'd say I owe.
I should draw something up for um.

Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1586
« Reply #5382 on: January 29, 2024, 11:05:05 PM »
The Indy mid, Ace Lo, Slappy trucks….all Covid boom decisions….we got the hollow casts…and a mm off the bushings….thats all we’re getting… it’s over.  If anything Thunder will get the IKP but I wouldn’t hold my breath about any new venture shit…..how about a Bobby Puleo signature headwear?

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5383 on: January 30, 2024, 07:36:06 AM »
Am I correct in assuming the number on Ventures an Inch measurement of the Hangar Width?

I am on some really old Ventures from ~2010 for my winter beater rn, I believe they are 5.2's (8" board sits perfect on its side)
I have them really loose and pushed out as much as possible with 2-3 washers on the inside
I am finding if you go really fast, the turning isn't an issue at all. Maybe that goes for any truck though lol.

We need the over 45 slappy crowd to get aboard the Venture train, yeah the metal grinds harder but you feel like an absolute G while doing so. That should increase the addressable market by at least 20 guys.

I am not even 40 yet but I am starting to think it makes a little more sense to ride these than thunders for the type of skating I do. They last A LOT longer... I think Thunder has just got me with their super stacked team and marketing. Seems to me like DLX has just put more money into marketing that brand than Venture. The grind works fine for me, feels similar to Thunder.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5384 on: January 30, 2024, 12:36:04 PM »
The Indy mid, Ace Lo, Slappy trucks….all Covid boom decisions….we got the hollow casts…and a mm off the bushings….thats all we’re getting… it’s over.  If anything Thunder will get the IKP but I wouldn’t hold my breath about any new venture shit…..how about a Bobby Puleo signature headwear?

if someone really wanted a low truck, wide, ace makes the 60s.
indy mids have their issues but they had those in wide sizes.
i’ve skated 151 thunder hollow lights, those worked well.

i’ll buy wide lo’s if they make em.

just bought x97s, 52s, as an attempt to only skate my beloved 5.2 L’s

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5385 on: January 30, 2024, 05:27:30 PM »
A Ben D campaign is the only hope.....

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1019
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #5386 on: January 30, 2024, 06:30:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

149 Forged Indy mids are soo nice - Shame they didn't make any without the IKP. They should have just made a 52mm cast Mindy, no IKP, no beefed up hanger...along side the forged mindys for those that want a low (50.5mm is fine).

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 192
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #5387 on: January 30, 2024, 07:16:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

149 Forged Indy mids are soo nice - Shame they didn't make any without the IKP. They should have just made a 52mm cast Mindy, no IKP, no beefed up hanger...along side the forged mindys for those that want a low (50.5mm is fine).

I agree I love a solid kingpin but you know they would have to shorten the kingpin for clearance and that’s gonna be an issue with those who want a standard and can get mixed up with the reg height indy but nothing a simple bushing color and label can’t fix, just like the stage 4 reissue with red and Indy logo bushings compared to solid orange on standard stage 11 the mids with reg pins would need some probably gotti black bushings that are labeled mid but then again blue bushings would be best, red=stage 4, orange= stage 11 standard, blue= stage 11 mid.

Thanks to Ben and sewa I copped an old set of venture 5.2L pre deluxe merger I got lucky to find and so far I like them, they’re definitely I feel more turny, lighter and stable but I can see what sewa meant putting them side to side with the modern venture on Ben degros ventures, the modern 5.2 lo are more beefy and contoured on the pivot stem to hangar and they feel a little tighter or just less able to cut in a turn, the more modern ones to me kinda have that krux lean to them. Bushings can fix it but idk, what do I even know I’m just a kook with madness. The beefiness on the modern venture I can see why tho, they definitely look weak on the pivot stem and will snap if your trucks are tight and you land hard and jump alot of stuff.

Also I really hope Sinclair drops a slappy low, the standards are little high and tippy for me like a standard Indy stage 11 type 
« Last Edit: January 30, 2024, 08:23:34 PM by rob »
yes

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5388 on: January 30, 2024, 09:02:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I agree I love a solid kingpin but you know they would have to shorten the kingpin for clearance and that’s gonna be an issue with those who want a standard and can get mixed up with the reg height indy but nothing a simple bushing color and label can’t fix, just like the stage 4 reissue with red and Indy logo bushings compared to solid orange on standard stage 11 the mids with reg pins would need some probably gotti black bushings that are labeled mid but then again blue bushings would be best, red=stage 4, orange= stage 11 standard, blue= stage 11 mid.

Thanks to Ben and sewa I copped an old set of venture 5.2L pre deluxe merger I got lucky to find and so far I like them, they’re definitely I feel more turny, lighter and stable but I can see what sewa meant putting them side to side with the modern venture on Ben degros ventures, the modern 5.2 lo are more beefy and contoured on the pivot stem to hangar and they feel a little tighter or just less able to cut in a turn, the more modern ones to me kinda have that krux lean to them. Bushings can fix it but idk, what do I even know I’m just a kook with madness. The beefiness on the modern venture I can see why tho, they definitely look weak on the pivot stem and will snap if your trucks are tight and you land hard and jump alot of stuff.

Also I really hope Sinclair drops a slappy low, the standards are little high and tippy for me like a standard Indy stage 11 type

i believe the previous royals, which i actually liked quite a bit, were 50.5. i like that height.
i’d probably love the forged indy mids.
the ikp is why i didn’t buy them.
i don’t like the height on indys, probably why i prefer stage 10s.

i say that i don’t like the height, but i don’t know what im talking about. i don’t like my pop, with indys quite as much. even that isn’t accurate: when i skate indys, sometimes i can hit a miracle, but i strikeout a lot. kickflips get messed up, but 360 flips are better.

after watching that episode, i too wanted to try the older ventures. the 5.2 hi’s, from street corner, would be sick.
older ventures are harder to find. less popular, compared to indy.

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 192
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #5389 on: January 30, 2024, 11:00:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

i believe the previous royals, which i actually liked quite a bit, were 50.5. i like that height.
i’d probably love the forged indy mids.
the ikp is why i didn’t buy them.
i don’t like the height on indys, probably why i prefer stage 10s.

i say that i don’t like the height, but i don’t know what im talking about. i don’t like my pop, with indys quite as much. even that isn’t accurate: when i skate indys, sometimes i can hit a miracle, but i strikeout a lot. kickflips get messed up, but 360 flips are better.

after watching that episode, i too wanted to try the older ventures. the 5.2 hi’s, from street corner, would be sick.
older ventures are harder to find. less popular, compared to indy.

Yeah I’m trying to get my hands on a set of 139 royals the current stage but from what I’m seeing and heard at the shop there’s a shortage of royal trucks in certain sizes,

I just don’t like the feel of the forged Indy’s, the the forged baseplates feel and sound so flimsy even though they’re supposed to be stronger, lighter and faster(just joking) but they just have this really off clunk to them, I’m curious if the mids make any difference since the hangars are beefier and it has a shaft nut in the baseplate. I got it they feel like cause it’s thinner they rattle you more on the terrain and I hate it

I got an old set of stage 10 149 my friend gave me and they’re fun and nostalgic but man they do not turn much and the angle makes the pop kinda odd, I love the nostalgia factor cause ha slam and hoffart would kill it with stage 10’s and the classic bones mediums swap but stage 11 even on the discontinued lows (that Leo Romero would be the only rider of) turned better but they were just a touch too low

Tiago and Carlos really hype me up to ride mids and I had them setup perfectly on my krooked full 8.2 but the madness eventually set in and I F**ked it all up, raw 144 mids

I think ima get a pair of 139 forged mids now

Yeah they were a real where’s Waldo moment cause most people had the old ventures in the 5.0 lo/7.6 but thanks to my madness brain experience I spotted a set on an old crusty think setup an older guy was selling for cheap and nabbed them asap, it took a day or 2 to make sure what I was looking at was the 5.2 cause the deluxe remastered venture with stronger hangar and baseplate I like the 5.0 but the 5.2 are a little hefty for low 8” trucks, but you already know you can see the hangar has some extra length in reference to the kingpin and size of the baseplate that’s how I made a good guess

Crazy side note, the old ventures hangars are a little longer which you would think it’s the other way around and the older ones don’t have the 5.2L casted on the hangar.

I can’t say yet if they’re night and day difference and better than the DLX remaster but they’re slightly more pulled back and feel like they snap quicker so maybe that’s what sewa was talking about

I’ll try to post pics to show a better comparison soon

All the old venture guys really hype me on these like pj cause I wanna skate just like him but we’ll see how long that last

I always wanted a pair of ventures back in the hay day of 7.5-7.8 decks and 7.6 trucks being the norm and riding your wheels to death like they slappy trucks to axle today and trying to bomb your bearings til there’s no more lube so it would hiss and be “faster” and roll longer, days before the madness ever was even a thought I tried out my friends setup with krux the ole 3.5 downlows and loved them so I forgot about the venture hype, also this was peak ventures being the cool trucks cause low and light and I couldn’t afford a set

Anyways those kader 5.6 cast hollows are really nice but I can’t justify the spending since I already have a set of 5.6

I wonder if they’re gonna do a redesign anytime soon for “more turn” and a wider lo truck(that 5.6 lo)
yes

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5390 on: January 31, 2024, 02:04:43 PM »
The only thing I really see/hear is Thunder is probably doing something…..Venture is always going to be the stepchild and that’s why we love it…..

hiljentaa

• Rep: 317
« Reply #5391 on: January 31, 2024, 02:26:46 PM »
I wonder if they’re gonna do a redesign anytime soon for “more turn” and a wider lo truck(that 5.6 lo)

I promise you, neither of these will ever happen.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5392 on: January 31, 2024, 05:53:05 PM »
The only thing I really see/hear is Thunder is probably doing something…..Venture is always going to be the stepchild and that’s why we love it…..

Seeing Ishod ride Ventures with the double drilled baseplates gives me a glimmer of hope that we'd get something new, but I'm not holding my breath for that.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5393 on: January 31, 2024, 06:27:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Seeing Ishod ride Ventures with the double drilled baseplates gives me a glimmer of hope that we'd get something new, but I'm not holding my breath for that.

i’d just like the measurements of the dbl drilled baseplate.

Jaewon

• Rep: 3
« Reply #5394 on: January 31, 2024, 07:00:10 PM »
As a long time indy/ace guy, I now fully believe in the venture, long tail gang.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1038
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #5395 on: February 01, 2024, 03:09:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

The original six hole baseplates made it 3/8 difference on each truck, but I think those trucks are drilled about 1/4" each so a half inch shorter wheelbase in total, which works really well for some of those longer boards out there, especially if you like a little more in the tail too.

As Venture are longer in wheelbase anyway, it actually works out really well, on something like the DLX 8.38 board with 14.5 wb that comes down to 14 even, which is what I put those trucks on when I tried them out.

I still haven't seen any more about them, or tried drilling out any of these baseplates I have here, but it is on the to do list, that's for sure.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5396 on: February 01, 2024, 06:09:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

The original six hole baseplates made it 3/8 difference on each truck, but I think those trucks are drilled about 1/4" each so a half inch shorter wheelbase in total, which works really well for some of those longer boards out there, especially if you like a little more in the tail too.

As Venture are longer in wheelbase anyway, it actually works out really well, on something like the DLX 8.38 board with 14.5 wb that comes down to 14 even, which is what I put those trucks on when I tried them out.

I still haven't seen any more about them, or tried drilling out any of these baseplates I have here, but it is on the to do list, that's for sure.

i will bug you about this more, in the future

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5397 on: February 01, 2024, 09:22:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

i will bug you about this more, in the future

I wonder if anyone has hit up DLX asking about double drilled Venture baseplates yet - could be a thing, or strictly DIY at your own risk type of deal.

Either way, it might make Venture an option for a whole lot more skaters if it was like that - baseplate drilled like a Thunder truck more in the middle than at the ends where it currently sits now.

rikki

• Rep: 302
« Reply #5398 on: February 02, 2024, 12:56:16 AM »
As Venture bushings are basically nonexistent outside of new trucks, which bushings are the best (size-wise) as replacements for Venture Hi's? Indy?

Tried searching but got lost in the jungle. Much obliged.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5399 on: February 02, 2024, 03:01:56 AM »
As Venture bushings are basically nonexistent outside of new trucks, which bushings are the best (size-wise) as replacements for Venture Hi's? Indy?

Tried searching but got lost in the jungle. Much obliged.

Indy bushings definitely work in them, maybe the most common bushings to get hold of in almost all duro options and are the same shape and work well.

Other people have tried Doh Dohs, Pig bushings and more I just can't remember right now, with mixed results, but I guess it is down to what you prefer the most.

Or what colours you can or cannot deal with for bushings, but the Indy 88 duro red bushings actually work quite well as stock replacements, or for people who want a little more stiffness in their trucks, but can still turn as needed.

I tried them in everything, mainly because I had a lot of them left over from a shop closing, but they have a reputation for being annoyingly different, otherwise the blue 92 duro work well, no issues and are the most common bushing for people to get, which feel a bit better than stock once broken in.  Of course the orange also work well, but I always feel weird, orange bushings in Indy = yes, orange in any other truck = not if I can help it.