Author Topic: Loose Fit Pants  (Read 237163 times)

swongolianbbq

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 56
Re: Loose Fit Pants
« Reply #2370 on: April 05, 2023, 10:34:25 PM »
I like to get pants with super long inseams and then cut em, they seem to be much looser when I compare them to ones I got with a 30 or 32 inseam in the same model. I did that with double knees once tho , got some 36 lengths, and the knee patch goes to like my fuckin shoe 😆

Bill Salt

« Reply #2371 on: April 05, 2023, 11:10:24 PM »
move topic into the "questions that don't deserve their own thread" section.
Thank you.

buggot

• Rep: 2
« Reply #2372 on: April 06, 2023, 03:53:28 AM »
Somehow stumbled upon a pair of Louie Volcom green cords at the thrift store for $5.19. Size 32, I’m usually a 33-34 but they fit great. Inseam is a little longer than I’d like but can’t complain much for the price. Gonna wash em and skate in em this weekend.

Which thrift store? Was it a chain? Those pants are exactly what I'm looking for so I might check out mine too if it is

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1971
« Reply #2373 on: April 06, 2023, 05:03:15 AM »
Expand Quote
difference between levis 550 & 560?  i keep coming across conflicting info, i just want a nice loose pair of light washed jeans that arent Polars lol
[close]

The taper is much more drastic on the 560s. I find them a little looser in the overall fit.

bumping this cuz yesterday Brad Cromer did one of those IG Q&As and said the 560s were his favorite pants other than Silvertabs and his signature jean. Thought that was neat.

Southernmost

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #2374 on: April 06, 2023, 03:13:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
difference between levis 550 & 560?  i keep coming across conflicting info, i just want a nice loose pair of light washed jeans that arent Polars lol
[close]

The taper is much more drastic on the 560s. I find them a little looser in the overall fit.
[close]

bumping this cuz yesterday Brad Cromer did one of those IG Q&As and said the 560s were his favorite pants other than Silvertabs and his signature jean. Thought that was neat.

I Saw that too! I like 560’s but personally prefer the older 550’s. Not sure if it’s common knowledge here but Cromers IG thrift/clothing store page is @digforfyre he posts a lot of SilverTabs and sometimes does giveaways or discounts.

Expand Quote
Somehow stumbled upon a pair of Louie Volcom green cords at the thrift store for $5.19. Size 32, I’m usually a 33-34 but they fit great. Inseam is a little longer than I’d like but can’t complain much for the price. Gonna wash em and skate in em this weekend.
[close]

Which thrift store? Was it a chain? Those pants are exactly what I'm looking for so I might check out mine too if it is

It was a Goodwill. My area in Florida has tons of Goodwills and other thrift stores. I hit the racks 2-3x weekly so I find a lot of cool gear I usually look at the pants first.

buggot

• Rep: 2
« Reply #2375 on: April 06, 2023, 03:57:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I Saw that too! I like 560’s but personally prefer the older 550’s. Not sure if it’s common knowledge here but Cromers IG thrift/clothing store page is @digforfyre he posts a lot of SilverTabs and sometimes does giveaways or discounts.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

It was a Goodwill. My area in Florida has tons of Goodwills and other thrift stores. I hit the racks 2-3x weekly so I find a lot of cool gear I usually look at the pants first.

Appreciate the answer: that is a shame though, I was hoping it was more of a like Burlington/Ross/tjmaxx situation where they would all put out similar products at once. Goodwill is probably person to person/store to store so unlikely I'll find them here

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1589
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2376 on: April 06, 2023, 04:49:12 PM »
yeah, I rolled into my local snowboard store...'don't you know he rides for NOAH?  I'll do you a favour and give you $15.00...'

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2377 on: April 06, 2023, 09:27:30 PM »
not sure if they count as “loose fit” but heres more options:
(since i was already looking for 36 inseam)

ll bean
eddie bauer
5.11 tactical
blauer
propper
tru spec
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

BL0B

• Rep: 417
« Reply #2378 on: April 06, 2023, 10:19:33 PM »
anyone know how these fit compared to surf pants? i want purple ones!

Alltimers Yacht Rental Pants

https://www.alltimers.com/collections/all-products/products/22sp01ap0701-mau

Southernmost

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #2379 on: April 06, 2023, 11:41:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Appreciate the answer: that is a shame though, I was hoping it was more of a like Burlington/Ross/tjmaxx situation where they would all put out similar products at once. Goodwill is probably person to person/store to store so unlikely I'll find them here

You can get lucky sometimes at those stores mentioned for relaxed fit Carhartts.

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1971
« Reply #2380 on: April 07, 2023, 07:15:13 AM »
Ryan Lay pants will be here Thursday. Will report on how they are. Also just got the Vans/Quasi pants and they are pretty good, but not super super loose fitting

how are the pamts?

newguy

« Reply #2381 on: April 07, 2023, 12:29:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
haven't had a pair of brown cords in like 10 years so what's the deal with some cords these days, pantaloon doods? Was looking at the Polar 93s but they seem just a little bit too baggy, as in baggier than 90s LL Bean cords. Not really trying to spend that polar $$ either...
[close]

I got some CCS cords which came out to like $36 or whatever because of their perpetual BOGO half priced sale. Super comfy and high quality.
[close]

did you get the elastic waistband ones or the button ones?
[close]

Button ones. I can’t do elastic pants other than sweatpants to lounge around the house in. There’s a teeny-tiny little white CCS logo on the back right pocket but also any of those big emblems are a cinch to remove with a $2 seam ripper.
[close]

nice. Yeah, that back paneling is fine. The elastic ones have a giant CCS logo right on the back pocket that's a little gaudy for my liking. Might try some of these cuz I need some new cords.
[close]

The price is right and CCS has a super easy and generous return policy. I ordered an embarrassing amount of pants until I found the styles and sizes that I wanted and ended up keeping three pairs.
[close]

the fit true to size?
[close]

just thought to revisit this and state that i was supremely dissatisfied with the CCS cords and returned them right away.

they're cheap material and very thin, like wearing them outside would have made me feel almost naked. Felt like the fabric was something off the cheap rack at Jo-Ann Fabric and would have ripped in one slam.

ended up getting a pair of brown and moderately baggy lands end wide wale cords at thrift store for $9 bucks that are far higher quality

Lands end is amazing

MFS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65426
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2382 on: April 09, 2023, 02:03:01 PM »
Anybody here know how the butter goods santosuosso denim fits in the waist? also if anybody knows where i can get a 38 or 40 in black?

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1076
« Reply #2383 on: April 09, 2023, 02:41:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
haven't had a pair of brown cords in like 10 years so what's the deal with some cords these days, pantaloon doods? Was looking at the Polar 93s but they seem just a little bit too baggy, as in baggier than 90s LL Bean cords. Not really trying to spend that polar $$ either...
[close]

I got some CCS cords which came out to like $36 or whatever because of their perpetual BOGO half priced sale. Super comfy and high quality.
[close]

did you get the elastic waistband ones or the button ones?
[close]

Button ones. I can’t do elastic pants other than sweatpants to lounge around the house in. There’s a teeny-tiny little white CCS logo on the back right pocket but also any of those big emblems are a cinch to remove with a $2 seam ripper.
[close]

nice. Yeah, that back paneling is fine. The elastic ones have a giant CCS logo right on the back pocket that's a little gaudy for my liking. Might try some of these cuz I need some new cords.
[close]

The price is right and CCS has a super easy and generous return policy. I ordered an embarrassing amount of pants until I found the styles and sizes that I wanted and ended up keeping three pairs.
[close]

the fit true to size?
[close]

just thought to revisit this and state that i was supremely dissatisfied with the CCS cords and returned them right away.

they're cheap material and very thin, like wearing them outside would have made me feel almost naked. Felt like the fabric was something off the cheap rack at Jo-Ann Fabric and would have ripped in one slam.

ended up getting a pair of brown and moderately baggy lands end wide wale cords at thrift store for $9 bucks that are far higher quality
[close]

Lands end is amazing

I legitimately love pants from Land's End, Eddie Bauer and Orvis. All are higher quality that most skate pants and are readily available on eBay for like $25 shipped.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Crailslideyoface

• Rep: 42
« Reply #2384 on: April 09, 2023, 11:05:19 PM »
Not bad honestly. Pretty big without going into Jnco territory and quality seems good.
Expand Quote
Ryan Lay pants will be here Thursday. Will report on how they are. Also just got the Vans/Quasi pants and they are pretty good, but not super super loose fitting
[close]

how are the pamts?
I wanna crap in a box just to mail it to you so your bitch ass can smell it

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #2385 on: April 10, 2023, 03:32:41 AM »
Anybody here know how the butter goods santosuosso denim fits in the waist? also if anybody knows where i can get a 38 or 40 in black?

i'd say they fit wider definetly....brad cromer's vintage/ Thrift page listed the 32 width santosuosso jeans as an actual 35 width

so if you usually go with size 40 these should do in 36 or 38 maybe?

been waiting for some in black or darker colors. only one they have out right now in black is the one with the bright red contrast stitching if you're into that.

broken USB

« Reply #2386 on: April 10, 2023, 05:50:22 AM »
any short kings get their big boys tapered like an inch at the leg opening? i have to hem them (even XS) up a few inches but that creates a wider leg (9.5) and they look crazy baggy lol. I tried 93s but they fit too slim for my liking and when i size up, the waist looks sloppy :(

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 238
« Reply #2387 on: April 10, 2023, 06:24:04 AM »
any short kings get their big boys tapered like an inch at the leg opening? i have to hem them (even XS) up a few inches but that creates a wider leg (9.5) and they look crazy baggy lol. I tried 93s but they fit too slim for my liking and when i size up, the waist looks sloppy :(
The 36 inch 93s have the perfect profile for me, but the waist is too big.

I tapered the size L big boys and hemmed them a bit, running them with a short cuff, and they are maybe my favorite pant now.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

fernando the skater

• Rep: 120
« Reply #2388 on: April 10, 2023, 06:30:01 AM »
I don't like a wide opening, so have tapered Dickies 874s before. From 9" to 7.75", I recall.

broken USB

« Reply #2389 on: April 10, 2023, 06:31:11 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
The 36 inch 93s have the perfect profile for me, but the waist is too big.

I tapered the size L big boys and hemmed them a bit, running them with a short cuff, and they are maybe my favorite pant now.

how much did you taper? i was thinking an inch from thigh to leg opening would be a subtle taper. just threw em in the wash so they shrink up a bit and then gonna bring em over to a tailor.

weirdly, a pair of mint black i have fit perfect cuz they run a lil small i guess compared to my washed blacks

broken USB

« Reply #2390 on: April 10, 2023, 06:32:05 AM »
I don't like a wide opening, so have tapered Dickies 874s before. From 9" to 7.75", I recall.

so its a fairly chill process ? ive only ever gotten pants hemmed at a tailor, and i get anxiety about shit like this asking them  ;D

fernando the skater

« Reply #2391 on: April 10, 2023, 06:49:14 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

so its a fairly chill process ? ive only ever gotten pants hemmed at a tailor, and i get anxiety about shit like this asking them  ;D

I get them done at the local dry cleaners. The guy there does a great job, don't even bother showing him where to taper from. It's a pretty easy process.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1076
« Reply #2392 on: April 10, 2023, 07:21:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I get them done at the local dry cleaners. The guy there does a great job, don't even bother showing him where to taper from. It's a pretty easy process.

I do the same. One of the great recent realizations of my adult life was that I could just take clothes to someone and they could tailor them for me; I don't need to be constantly wearing cutoffs or searching endlessly for pants in the right length. It was $12 a pair, but my cleaner bumped it up to $20, which is still a fine deal for me because I get my pants back fitted exactly as I want them to.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2393 on: April 10, 2023, 04:05:41 PM »
Honestly tapering dickies isn’t the worst idea as the waist is usually high and ok, so you can size up and they are cheap…you just have to prepare to take time to find the right person to do it….

Made In China

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 654
« Reply #2394 on: April 10, 2023, 08:56:18 PM »
respect for tailors, I love going to them but y'all crazy for tapering some dickies

FirstTimeCaller411

• Rep: -12
« Reply #2395 on: April 10, 2023, 10:39:09 PM »
respect for tailors, I love going to them but y'all crazy for tapering some dickies

Shit costs more than the pant!

turbo 2.0

• Rep: 52
« Reply #2396 on: April 10, 2023, 11:38:16 PM »
Picked up some orange tab 560’s. I like them but wish they were a tad looser. Also snagged a nice pair of Wrangler carpenter pants I had to patch the shit out of and those fit perfectly. been looking for anything good at the local goodwill and Ross but no luck on anything but eBay right now

fernando the skater

« Reply #2397 on: April 11, 2023, 02:25:36 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Shit costs more than the pant!

Here in London the local dry cleaner does tapering for £12 ($15). A new pair of 872/873/874 in the Dickies shop is £65 ($80). And Carhartt WIP Master loose pants are £90 ($112).

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2398 on: April 11, 2023, 06:52:36 AM »
I’d buy the carhartts all day….anyone mess with dickies wingville jeans? 

streetmeat

• Rep: 169
« Reply #2399 on: April 13, 2023, 02:54:48 AM »
whats out there thats closest to the Levi 550's. i grabbed a pair of 550s a few months ago and the quality is absolute ass, theres multiple pin holes in them from who knows what.