Author Topic: Loose Fit Pants  (Read 236916 times)

gmld

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 8
Re: Loose Fit Pants
« Reply #2730 on: December 13, 2023, 07:19:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Hello! Can somebody help me getting the right size on Polar pants? I do have 32/30 for the 93's and i was thinking to get some big Boys, Is there somebody Who has both model and can suggest me the right size?
Also with surf pants, what size you guys get? Thank you
[close]

i think you should go with size S in big boys, M if you want more room, but S should work
[close]

Thank you! Do you have both 93's and big Boys? How the longer legs of the big boy feel? Im 170cm height with 7 feet size, with 93's they dont go under the sole in my heel (or maybe not that much which Is good... I dont want to literally walk or skate with pants under the shoes😂)
[close]

i don't have big boys, they're too baggy for my taste, but i work at a shop that sells both and a lot of my friends have both. if you don't want the pant leg to go under your shoe then definitely don't get mediums, smalls will be fine. one of my friends is similar height to you, he wears 32/32 in 93s and big boy size S fits him well, i mean as well as a pair of big boys can fit someone.
Probably Is Better if i get a chance somewhere to try both S and M before buying , if i will get some.
M should be ok on waist(45cm like 93) but too long, and S im afraid that could be too right on waist (which is not comfortable to me).

soot_yawd

• Rep: 6
« Reply #2731 on: December 13, 2023, 03:45:50 PM »
Has anyone picked up the new Butter Goods "core" denim -- in either the Relaxed or Baggy fit? Wondering what the inseam is on those for a 34 waist and how they compare to Polar. My local doesn't carry Butter.

Is this a fair comparison fit wise?

- Butter Relaxed --> Polar 92
- Butter Baggy --> Polar 93
- Butter Santosuosso --> Polar Big Boys

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1016
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #2732 on: December 13, 2023, 05:23:58 PM »
Expand Quote
I've been finding the Vans baggy tapered "range" pants for cheap the last year, they're solid. They've faded with use, but I'm about to try to use Rit's back to black kit on em. Feels shitty and wasteful to just buy new ones so hopefully it works.

I swear the best loose fitting pants are some old dockers at the thrift store. If you find something a few sizes up in the waist with a 30in inseam, you've got something special.
[close]

I just nabbed a few pairs of the range pants (non-tapered) via the 12-days of xmas vans sale to be a pretty good fit: 195lbs/5'10' 31" waist and I got Medium...which are loose in the waist elastic (but have drawstring) even after a hot wash and hot dry to shrink them down a bit; they're the max I'd want to go (couldn't find the tapered in medium) - solid overall.

38.50 + free shipping at vans today (gotta add to car for price).

Elastic waist
https://www.vans.com/en-us/clothing-c00082/range-relaxed-elastic-pants-pvn0a5fjjblk

Tapered Cargos:
https://www.vans.com/en-us/clothing-c00082/range-cargo-baggy-tapered-elastic-pants-pvn0005z1blk

ggrimmedd

• Rep: 23
« Reply #2733 on: December 27, 2023, 10:14:55 AM »
Levis Stay Loose chinos are my recent find, 100% cotton, heavyweight and still the perfect amount of loose, the only complaint is the inconsistent sizes on levis, my 501 93s fit perfect on the waist but those are easily 1 size up from normal 28s

:p

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
« Reply #2734 on: December 31, 2023, 06:24:32 PM »
Bought some of those cookman chef pants. Anybody have feedback on how durable they are? I slam hard and want to know if I should skate in them.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 177
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2735 on: January 03, 2024, 10:26:56 AM »
Finally tried out Gramicci’s standard “Gramicci” pant and hot damn do I love it. But I feel like I’m taking crazy pills as I can barely find the brand anywhere online. Yes it’s out there, but whatever sites I find on Google are international, sizes are completely sold out, etc.

Even REI, where I’m pretty sure I used to see Gramicci at all the time, is completely wiped clean of ANY products on their site.

Any leads on where I can find these pants on sale (besides the official website)?

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2736 on: January 03, 2024, 11:27:43 AM »
ssense is running a sale right now
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

wax poetic

• Rep: 44
  • fuck it, I'll stir the pot
« Reply #2737 on: January 03, 2024, 11:49:16 AM »
For whatever reason, I'm wanting a pair of camo pants lately.  I used to just get army surplus back in the day but am looking for something I don't have to have a super baggy waist to get a loose leg.  Any suggestions?

Ordinary_peter

• Rep: 2
« Reply #2738 on: January 07, 2024, 11:04:57 AM »
For people that have had both Butter Goods and Passport, how is the quality of Passport denim? I know that they're from the same distributor, but don't know if it's all made in the same factory. I like Butter Goods sizing/taper but am too old for the embroidery.

I have Butter Goods Santosuosso and Passport Digger Club and also Polar Big Boy pants.
I prefer a Passport the most.

gearcrisis

« Reply #2739 on: January 07, 2024, 11:59:59 AM »
Expand Quote
For people that have had both Butter Goods and Passport, how is the quality of Passport denim? I know that they're from the same distributor, but don't know if it's all made in the same factory. I like Butter Goods sizing/taper but am too old for the embroidery.
[close]

I have Butter Goods Santosuosso and Passport Digger Club and also Polar Big Boy pants.
I prefer a Passport the most.

i compared my buttergoods bqggy to some carhartt loose fit denim and they measured almost exactly the same

Ayanami

• Rep: 55
« Reply #2740 on: January 08, 2024, 12:10:28 AM »
Finally tried out Gramicci’s standard “Gramicci” pant and hot damn do I love it. But I feel like I’m taking crazy pills as I can barely find the brand anywhere online. Yes it’s out there, but whatever sites I find on Google are international, sizes are completely sold out, etc.

Even REI, where I’m pretty sure I used to see Gramicci at all the time, is completely wiped clean of ANY products on their site.

Any leads on where I can find these pants on sale (besides the official website)?
This might be a long shot but I was able to get a couple of colors in a size that was sold out online of the Gadget pant because I contacted them and said I worked for one of the local climbing gyms in the area. After a few emails they just asked for a pay stub, which I just edited one I found online that looked legit, and I was able to get those as well as some pretty hefty discounts on them.

This has worked with a few friends because Gramicci is so climber friendly and hands the codes/sizes out very easily.
i like the tiny headed bear who says nice stuff to everyone.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2741 on: January 08, 2024, 01:24:40 AM »
Idk if this serves but Levis 569 are the truth and you can always find them on second hand stores for almost nothing. Love them.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Pastasash

• Rep: 76
« Reply #2742 on: January 08, 2024, 09:23:51 AM »
anyone here have the Polar 93 cargos and/or Theories Lounge pants and could recommend? looking to pick up both, TIA!

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
« Reply #2743 on: January 08, 2024, 03:53:19 PM »
anyone here have the Polar 93 cargos and/or Theories Lounge pants and could recommend? looking to pick up both, TIA!

both are super comfy . Theories pants run a little short, size up imo.

eviltgirl

• Rep: 31
« Reply #2744 on: January 08, 2024, 04:37:10 PM »
do the 93s fit pretty consistent from material to material? have the cords rn and im considering grabbing a pair of denim

Pastasash

« Reply #2745 on: January 09, 2024, 06:22:51 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

both are super comfy . Theories pants run a little short, size up imo.

thank you!

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #2746 on: January 09, 2024, 06:33:36 AM »
do the 93s fit pretty consistent from material to material? have the cords rn and im considering grabbing a pair of denim

From my experience they change slightly material to material and season to season. The most consistent sizing os on "core" colors. The special washes fit a bit slimmer, not sure if thats related to the dying wash process or what. The cords I had were a bit tighter in the waist. Again may be a factor of just the material and a few washes, denim tends to shrink less.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Southernmost

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #2747 on: January 09, 2024, 03:17:44 PM »
Idk if this serves but Levis 569 are the truth and you can always find them on second hand stores for almost nothing. Love them.

569’s are good but I always recommend 550’s if available. The rise is typically higher and the pants have a little more room in them. I usually size up 1-2 inches, requires a belt. It also depends on your body type. I’m short, round and have bigger thighs, a 569 might be better for someone slim and tall.

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 810
« Reply #2748 on: January 12, 2024, 02:17:32 AM »
I grab a pair of the poetic collective painter paints after work last night from my local in the sales. Exactly what I was looking for, nice light pants like polar surf pants, with an elastic waist but more pockets and belt loops.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2024, 11:27:37 PM by Síota »

Garbage Collector

• Rep: 4
« Reply #2749 on: January 12, 2024, 07:30:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

From my experience they change slightly material to material and season to season. The most consistent sizing os on "core" colors. The special washes fit a bit slimmer, not sure if thats related to the dying wash process or what. The cords I had were a bit tighter in the waist. Again may be a factor of just the material and a few washes, denim tends to shrink less.

do 44s fit at all like 93s? i have enough denim + cords, i need a pair of some classic chinos and i want to avoid dickies, because i hate them

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 546
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #2750 on: January 12, 2024, 09:14:19 PM »
I’m looking at some Theories stamp pants for the summer times where I want pants but I want em a bit flowy.

Thickness wise compared to dickies do you think these would breathe better?

I’m also short af, anyone know the inseam?

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2751 on: January 13, 2024, 11:01:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

do 44s fit at all like 93s? i have enough denim + cords, i need a pair of some classic chinos and i want to avoid dickies, because i hate them

44 are wider leg than 93’s. Closer to big bois from what I remember. I never owned them since they were wider when I tried them on.
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Garbage Collector

« Reply #2752 on: January 13, 2024, 11:25:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

44 are wider leg than 93’s. Closer to big bois from what I remember. I never owned them since they were wider when I tried them on.

ah damn. whats your go to chino?

Pastasash

« Reply #2753 on: January 13, 2024, 11:47:14 AM »
I’m looking at some Theories stamp pants for the summer times where I want pants but I want em a bit flowy.

I don’t have any dickies anymore but do own a pair of knockoff skateshop dickies pants and id say stamp pants are a bit thinner. Inseam is 28.5 inches and this is a size large pair.

Haven’t skated in em yet but compared to my old surf pants the surfs are definitely more flowy and a bit thinner, they’re my go to pants in the summer and would prob pick those over stamp pants for a hotter session.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 546
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #2754 on: January 13, 2024, 12:48:01 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I don’t have any dickies anymore but do own a pair of knockoff skateshop dickies pants and id say stamp pants are a bit thinner. Inseam is 28.5 inches and this is a size large pair.

Haven’t skated in em yet but compared to my old surf pants the surfs are definitely more flowy and a bit thinner, they’re my go to pants in the summer and would prob pick those over stamp pants for a hotter session.

Word, thank you for the details, I might look at both surf and stamp. This humidity down here is killing me

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
« Reply #2755 on: January 13, 2024, 01:19:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Word, thank you for the details, I might look at both surf and stamp. This humidity down here is killing me

the theories pants come in a bunch of different fabrics, some are heavier than others. surf pants are way more lightweight than the theories pants imo especially if you are in a humid climate.

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2756 on: January 15, 2024, 08:59:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Don't really have a go to chino at the moment. I run surf pants alot which are chinoish. I also just bought a bunch of Carhartt WIP Flint pants. Got like 6 pairs of those since black Friday on sale. I put on a few lb's traveling for work in the fall so pull on/elastic waist is my friend right now till I get back to my fighting weight.

I would honestly save the money instead of getting 93's just get the new Levis Silvertabs. I sold all of my 93's in depop, replaced them with the silvertabs and had a ton of cash left over.

Garbage Collector

« Reply #2757 on: January 15, 2024, 04:41:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Don't really have a go to chino at the moment. I run surf pants alot which are chinoish. I also just bought a bunch of Carhartt WIP Flint pants. Got like 6 pairs of those since black Friday on sale. I put on a few lb's traveling for work in the fall so pull on/elastic waist is my friend right now till I get back to my fighting weight.

I would honestly save the money instead of getting 93's just get the new Levis Silvertabs. I sold all of my 93's in depop, replaced them with the silvertabs and had a ton of cash left over.

what the hell are the new silvertabs lol. i guess i gotta google search. previously could not find any that didnt have daisy duke esque distressing or knee hole.

also, has anyone considered abocrombie? i always hated this brand but their loose line looks solid.
not sure where they fall in the realm of sustainability ethics and such.

https://www.abercrombie.com/shop/us/p/loose-workwear-pant-55106471?categoryId=12236&faceout=model&seq=56

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2758 on: January 16, 2024, 04:34:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

what the hell are the new silvertabs lol. i guess i gotta google search. previously could not find any that didnt have daisy duke esque distressing or knee hole.

also, has anyone considered abocrombie? i always hated this brand but their loose line looks solid.

https://www.abercrombie.com/shop/us/p/loose-workwear-pant-55106471?categoryId=12236&faceout=model&seq=56

They just brought them back and they have been cheap or on sale

https://www.levi.com/US/en_US/levis-silvertab/loose-fit-mens-jeans/p/A34210002

BoxStuffer

• Rep: 116
« Reply #2759 on: January 16, 2024, 03:58:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

They just brought them back and they have been cheap or on sale

https://www.levi.com/US/en_US/levis-silvertab/loose-fit-mens-jeans/p/A34210002

I found a pair of the green cargos at Ross for $17 a few weeks ago.

I go to Ross because I like to dress for less.  :P
Enjoy your life.