Author Topic: Last Resort AB - The Thread.  (Read 187505 times)

Sila

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
  • Jamu Gost
Re: Last Resort AB - The Thread.
« Reply #1410 on: June 05, 2023, 05:53:24 AM »
Mate I'd rather stick my feet in some half eaten hamburgers. Those shoes are rotten

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 392
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1411 on: June 08, 2023, 07:44:32 PM »
Expand Quote
shoulda just done a vm001 with that cupsole tbh
[close]

Definitely.
Toe area on this is bizarre looking.

Absolutely massive toe panel on a shoe that's slim everywhere else is a weird choice.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2273
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1412 on: June 12, 2023, 06:07:15 PM »
You guys are really that bummed on the cupsole? I think they're sick. Very early/mid-90s inspired which shouldn't be a surprise if you're a fan of Pontus' aesthetic. Spot on with the Enigma/Etnies Intercity comparisons. I don't know, maybe it's just because I also like that era but I think they're dope and also a nice change from what else is available out there.

Also a toe cap like this is far more functional than smaller toe caps where the seam is at the exact spot where ripping occurs.

And for everyone saying the proportions are way off or that they should have done a cup VM001, this actually has the exact lacing proportions as a VM001, but it has a toe cap.

Fair enough if you're not really into the looks of them, but I mean what did you expect from LRAB?

TheLowerBack

• Rep: 171
  • GTU/FWD
« Reply #1413 on: June 12, 2023, 07:04:24 PM »
You guys are really that bummed on the cupsole? I think they're sick. Very early/mid-90s inspired which shouldn't be a surprise if you're a fan of Pontus' aesthetic. Spot on with the Enigma/Etnies Intercity comparisons. I don't know, maybe it's just because I also like that era but I think they're dope and also a nice change from what else is available out there.

Also a toe cap like this is far more functional than smaller toe caps where the seam is at the exact spot where ripping occurs.

And for everyone saying the proportions are way off or that they should have done a cup VM001, this actually has the exact lacing proportions as a VM001, but it has a toe cap.

Fair enough if you're not really into the looks of them, but I mean what did you expect from LRAB?
For me it's the color blocking and the leather. I feel like if it were suede or canvas it would look a lot more solid. The black ones look great, remind me of overpriced designer sneakers.

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #1414 on: June 12, 2023, 07:16:37 PM »
I’ll like em more once I see em on feet and skated a bit/broken in (I think)

ish_wav

• Rep: 100
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1415 on: June 12, 2023, 07:37:59 PM »

Can’t wait for the 40 minute gifted hater video of him gaslighting 14 year olds into thinking this shoe is revolutionary.

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #1416 on: June 13, 2023, 02:24:29 AM »

The loafers are the new VM005

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1417 on: June 13, 2023, 03:04:18 AM »

Ali is drooling right now
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Daydream

« Reply #1418 on: June 13, 2023, 04:52:31 AM »
Feel like they didn’t need to make the loafers… I just don’t vibe w the proportions and vulc sole an the need for a skate-crossover

Nevermind zebra pattern

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #1419 on: June 13, 2023, 05:24:14 AM »

I like them too, but I think the leather looks really shiny on the most recent photos, which makes it look kind of low quality/cheap. I haven't seen anyone else say that, but I wonder if that isn't hurting the initial response on Slap. If they do an all suede version or even suede and canvas, it'll probably look like a higher quality shoe, and more like their other shoes. The LRAB cupsole in navy or brown suede with white stitching and a white sole would be the exact right kind of 90's nostalgia.

emotional_degloving

• Rep: 44
« Reply #1420 on: June 13, 2023, 06:03:14 AM »

What's the crossover between mid-eighties Miami drug kingpins and small brand hipster skaters

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 253
« Reply #1421 on: June 13, 2023, 07:44:01 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Ali is drooling right now
lold

actually semi interested in a much less loud color way of this shoe. Seems like a good chiller, wish it was out before summer

TheLowerBack

• Rep: 171
  • GTU/FWD
« Reply #1422 on: June 13, 2023, 08:40:09 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I like them too, but I think the leather looks really shiny on the most recent photos, which makes it look kind of low quality/cheap. I haven't seen anyone else say that, but I wonder if that isn't hurting the initial response on Slap. If they do an all suede version or even suede and canvas, it'll probably look like a higher quality shoe, and more like their other shoes. The LRAB cupsole in navy or brown suede with white stitching and a white sole would be the exact right kind of 90's nostalgia.
That’s pretty much how I feel. I think the colors are fine, but it would look way better with a different material. I actually really like the shoe and will probably cop the black ones.

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
« Reply #1423 on: June 15, 2023, 12:13:31 PM »
so the slip-ons and 2 other shoes are up and under their Ateljé line, not my style but neat to see
https://usa.lastresortab.com/collections/atelje

ATELJÉ
Ateljé - Swedish for Atelier is our representation of a fun creative space, a forum for a more experimental approach where materials, colours and ideas are allowed to be twisted and bent - Interpreted and re-interpreted.
Ateljé is where Last Resort AB takes the more artisanal
route and challenges the notion of our borders. We're here to expand your mind.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1115
« Reply #1424 on: June 18, 2023, 12:57:25 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

dammit i was getting hyped to be THE one who mentioned that i liked these, whilst everyone else whinged on.
lrab’s look great to me. i haven’t skated them much, usually just skate dunks, but that’s more for my foot shape/health, than the look. dunks are really tired, and look worse on someone of my advanced age. so i’m hyped for these. their shoes, with what i think is a cool logo, almost no visible branding (fuck you lakai take a note), just look nice. and these cups are funky enough that they don’t look like some shoes that some rich dickhead would wear.
just went to the park early, so then there is other old guys there, and dude rolls up with conservative/privileged comments, (did clean the park), brand new vans and a weak ollie. vans are so sick if you used to skate.
my vm003s, canvas, the sole started separating from the upper, just little puckers, from walking around. they still look better than vans/dunks tho.

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 235
« Reply #1425 on: June 19, 2023, 04:30:32 AM »
Me fucking with LRAB was kinda short. Loved how the VM003 looked, but after wearing them for a couple of weeks my heel Spur is flaring up again. Haven’t had trouble with it the last two years. So I’m going back to more cushy shoes.

Bummer

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
« Reply #1426 on: June 20, 2023, 11:48:36 AM »

so - cupsoles are out friday, they don't look insanely geriatric on foot or anything, but the pics so far aren't straight on.
also i don't know if that's global or europe only as far as this next drop goes, someone can help with that info i'm sure

The real veganshawn

• Rep: 104
  • What the fuck was that
« Reply #1427 on: June 20, 2023, 12:16:11 PM »
Any word on the cup doing a vegan color?
Cocteau Twins

Daydream

« Reply #1428 on: June 20, 2023, 01:24:37 PM »
like the white laces in the all black, but yeah, need better pics on foot. that shot is selling me the board not the shoes

Curbyourenthusiasm

• Rep: 17
« Reply #1429 on: June 20, 2023, 01:25:49 PM »
I asked Sami and the release is global. So they'll be available in US on Friday also. I'm stoked to try them

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1115
« Reply #1430 on: June 20, 2023, 04:15:27 PM »
i want these

Baglady

• Rep: -202
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1431 on: June 20, 2023, 05:42:19 PM »
I needs the black on black loafers

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #1432 on: June 20, 2023, 06:17:22 PM »
I needs the black on black loafers
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #1433 on: June 20, 2023, 09:27:35 PM »
I was surprised how great the cups look top down as I thought they look like complete ass.

Funny how they’re still claiming non-pebble collecting soles with the cups. The groove in the outside perimeter of the sole is bound to collect a bunch of pebbles. This is what happens to me with all cupsoles that have the same design at least.

dipped

• Rep: 2
« Reply #1434 on: June 21, 2023, 04:17:38 AM »

Some other new colorways dropping on friday

venture5.8

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 10
« Reply #1435 on: June 21, 2023, 08:56:09 AM »
Anybody know the retail on the cups?

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 813
« Reply #1436 on: June 21, 2023, 08:58:51 AM »
If my local gets the black cups in I'll get them, otherwise meh. I wanna try them on as wasted too much money on shoes that don't fit my feet or rub like it's blazers

Momwherearemykneepads

• Rep: 6
« Reply #1437 on: June 21, 2023, 10:07:29 AM »
Anybody know the retail on the cups?
They're gonna be $95

fakienoseslide

• Rep: 4
« Reply #1438 on: June 21, 2023, 10:18:52 AM »
I think they definetly look better on feet and on these pics kinda sick. I still need to see them live though.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3364
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #1439 on: June 21, 2023, 10:56:46 AM »

Some other new colorways dropping on friday

All these are missing is the shoe size on the heel.