Author Topic: Covid vaccine  (Read 58536 times)

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
  • Gnar Kook
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Covid vaccine
« Reply #120 on: December 31, 2020, 05:51:23 AM »
Expand Quote
I wouldn't either, bad transmissions in those
[close]

Not a fan of the cvt?  I like it a lot.

I know 4 people that have had to get a new transmission in a Subaru around 70k miles. I'm a fan of their cars but wary of the transmission

Dinglenuts

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 2
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #121 on: December 31, 2020, 06:38:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
You'd vaccinate everybody and end the spread of the virus? The same way that vaccines have proven to do in the past? Not sure I understand what you're asking. I'm not saying governments should have carte blanche to enforce whatever they want upon us, just that "my body my choice" isn't a strong enough case against it on its own
[close]
It really is though, well at least here in the US. I am not sure what country you live in.
[close]

Assuming you were born there, stats suggest that someone chopped off a bit of your penis. And it didn't even require a medical purpose!
[close]
My Jigga is intact (and if shalomcoin goes through proof will be available for you) but having a baby boy circumcised is a personal decision made by the child’s parents. That certainly cannot be compared to the government forcing someone to do something unwanted to their body..you silly
[close]

The analogy really isn't as far off as you seem to believe. Those parents, who make a 'personal decision' to permanently alter another person's body, do so under the assumption that it is beneficial. Where do you think they got that idea? The incentives to circumcize aren't as overt as those for vaccinating children, but cutting was normalized institutionally. The benefits of the vaccines are  of course monumental, while the risk of lasting negative effects are just about negligible. And the benefits of circumcision are slight and nebulous, while the rate of irreversibly changed non-consenting bodies is a hundred percent.

You really think bodily autonomy doesn't come into play here, just because it is deferred?
[close]
My pecker was not cut due to my parents decision making. Nobody came into that room and forced them to make that decision, or removed personal freedoms from them if they didn’t comply. I will say I like your approach to this conversation, I was anticipating name-calling and such. I am assuming by the consistent kooks I am getting that I am being viewed as a anti-vaxxer. I am just someone who would like to continue to research and then make the decisions regarding my own body.
[close]

You can do your „research“ , take your time.... but meanwhile you have to live with. I dont see a problem.

just do your self a favour and spend 30 minutes on pub med, that should do it.
[close]
Thank you, I will check it out
[close]

The fact that you don‘t know about pub med shows that you have done no research so far. At least not in a proper way of what science refers to as research.

If you don‘t use legit sources your research is useless.
When did I state that I didn’t know about Pub med?

Dinglenuts

« Reply #122 on: December 31, 2020, 06:42:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
You'd vaccinate everybody and end the spread of the virus? The same way that vaccines have proven to do in the past? Not sure I understand what you're asking. I'm not saying governments should have carte blanche to enforce whatever they want upon us, just that "my body my choice" isn't a strong enough case against it on its own
[close]
It really is though, well at least here in the US. I am not sure what country you live in.
[close]

Assuming you were born there, stats suggest that someone chopped off a bit of your penis. And it didn't even require a medical purpose!
[close]
My Jigga is intact (and if shalomcoin goes through proof will be available for you) but having a baby boy circumcised is a personal decision made by the child’s parents. That certainly cannot be compared to the government forcing someone to do something unwanted to their body..you silly
[close]

The analogy really isn't as far off as you seem to believe. Those parents, who make a 'personal decision' to permanently alter another person's body, do so under the assumption that it is beneficial. Where do you think they got that idea? The incentives to circumcize aren't as overt as those for vaccinating children, but cutting was normalized institutionally. The benefits of the vaccines are  of course monumental, while the risk of lasting negative effects are just about negligible. And the benefits of circumcision are slight and nebulous, while the rate of irreversibly changed non-consenting bodies is a hundred percent.

You really think bodily autonomy doesn't come into play here, just because it is deferred?
[close]
My pecker was not cut due to my parents decision making. Nobody came into that room and forced them to make that decision, or removed personal freedoms from them if they didn’t comply. I will say I like your approach to this conversation, I was anticipating name-calling and such. I am assuming by the consistent kooks I am getting that I am being viewed as a anti-vaxxer. I am just someone who would like to continue to research and then make the decisions regarding my own body.
[close]

Of course, schools don't discriminate against foreskin and that's where the analogy is flawed. Although parents sure think about the PE showers when making 'their' decision. But never mind that. What circumcision (and other counter examples given here, which you are dodging) shows, is that bodily autonomy is regularly relinquished. For good reasons of public health (measles), for questionable reasons of public health (prohibition), and even for sheer frivolity (circumcision).

I don't do name-calling but if you want to see less of that maybe don't end posts goading.
That’s a lot to think about, thank you for your insight!

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 460
« Reply #123 on: December 31, 2020, 06:51:18 AM »
Automatics are for gimps man I got this 92 brumby, only got four forward gears and it fucking hates doing over 80 on the highway but man what a little rig, I actually gave it to the homie and it lives in Cunnamulla now, nice little shooting truck

Bit of weight in the back and those cunts drift like a motherfucker offroad, too

But yeah some of the suby manuals are tough as
I think they called that model the brat in America
listen to cosmic psychos

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #124 on: December 31, 2020, 08:22:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

You can do your „research“ , take your time.... but meanwhile you have to live with. I dont see a problem.

[close]
[close]

The fact that you don‘t know about pub med shows that you have done no research so far. At least not in a proper way of what science refers to as research.

[close]

„You should spend time on pubmed“

-„Thank you i will check it out“

To me that sounds like you didn‘t do any research on there so far.

Sorry if i was wrong. But if you‘d have read the studies there, you wouldn‘t doubt if the covid vaccination was a good idea or not

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #125 on: December 31, 2020, 08:24:14 AM »
Automatics are for gimps man I got this 92 brumby, only got four forward gears and it fucking hates doing over 80 on the highway but man what a little rig, I actually gave it to the homie and it lives in Cunnamulla now, nice little shooting truck

Bit of weight in the back and those cunts drift like a motherfucker offroad, too

I lived in NZ for 5 years, never seen so many Subaru Foresters in my life. Also, I thought it was cool yet strange that wagon style cars were so popular there but not here in the US. Australia similar on the car style? I was psyched to see an old Ford Falcon as I'm a huge Mad Max fan

Dinglenuts

« Reply #126 on: December 31, 2020, 09:31:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

„You should spend time on pubmed“

-„Thank you i will check it out“

To me that sounds like you didn‘t do any research on there so far.

Sorry if i was wrong. But if you‘d have read the studies there, you wouldn‘t doubt if the covid vaccination was a good idea or not
I apologize as well, as I didn’t put a lot of thought into that reply. I was pressed for time and really should not of been on here at that moment. Happy new year and thanks for all your advice!

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #127 on: December 31, 2020, 09:40:01 AM »
@Alan can you comment on the rumours that posting on slap will require proof of vaccination?
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1426
« Reply #128 on: December 31, 2020, 10:06:18 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I lived in NZ for 5 years, never seen so many Subaru Foresters in my life. Also, I thought it was cool yet strange that wagon style cars were so popular there but not here in the US. Australia similar on the car style? I was psyched to see an old Ford Falcon as I'm a huge Mad Max fan

where are you located? Places where they're AWD/4WD are necessary, they're common as fuck in my experience- Pacific North West, New England, Colorado. 

I got an 07 Outback 5spd, 3 inch body lift and some AT tires. Best car I've owned. Kills on the interstate and drives through just about anything else. I can sleep in it and use it like a little truck in the mountains or river bed.

Also, Not tryna say you're wrong, but I fuck with Subarus and don't who has had to replace a Subaru transmission at such low mileage, head gaskets however, are the common culprit and usually go at around 70-100k miles.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 03:17:45 PM by IusedToSkateMore »
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2535
« Reply #129 on: December 31, 2020, 11:34:59 AM »
@Alan can you comment on the rumours that posting on slap will require proof of vaccination?

This is true, but don't shoot the messenger. Happy New Year!
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #130 on: December 31, 2020, 12:06:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This is true, but don't shoot the messenger. Happy New Year!

it's breathtaking how important Slap is in the grand scheme of things

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #131 on: January 06, 2021, 01:43:13 PM »
Small sample size however 2/3 of my co-workers refused to take the vaccine. Was super shocked. I work at an assisted living facility. Wonder what the overall stats are. If trends similar to my small work, gonna take forever for things to get back to normal

Made In China

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 656
« Reply #132 on: January 06, 2021, 04:59:49 PM »
Small sample size however 2/3 of my co-workers refused to take the vaccine. Was super shocked. I work at an assisted living facility. Wonder what the overall stats are. If trends similar to my small work, gonna take forever for things to get back to normal
That's.... wild.... especially since assisted living facilities have been notorious for outbreaks since COVID became a thing. I'm sorry that your coworkers are refusing and putting you and your residents in danger.

I'm far from an essential worker and I'm able to work remotely, so I'll probably be last on the list to get the vaccine. But you best believe that I'm still getting it as soon as possible. The fact that this is even a debate is crazy.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #133 on: January 06, 2021, 05:25:25 PM »

And it's not mandatory? Wow.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1500
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #134 on: January 07, 2021, 05:48:21 AM »
State health board needs to step in. I told my wife that she needs to get the owner of the childcare facility where she works to make it a marketing tool to draw in customers looking to a safe place for their kids. Noncompliance can be grounds for suspension (not termination) until they get their vaccine. They can quit and lose unemployment benefits or get vaccine and work. Easy.

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 742
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #135 on: January 07, 2021, 07:42:12 PM »
I got my first dose of the vaccine this afternoon. It was voluntary on my part. I am a volunteer search and rescue worker, and because of that I get the opportunity to get vaccinated in the 1b category with other first responders. They had us sit in a waiting room for 15 minutes after the injection to make sure there was no immediate reaction. The shot was easy. Easier than getting a tetanus shot or getting blood drawn. Easier than a flu shot in my opinion. A friend of mine who is icu nurse said her arm was a little more sore the next day than her last flu shot. Several hours so far, no side effects, no super powers, my gps hasn't started tracking me, no microsoft updates, and U2 still sucks.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1432
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #136 on: January 08, 2021, 12:07:50 PM »
I just got part A of the Moderna vaccine. No real side effects. I did get a sudden urge to scroll through the berries for the first time in 10+ years. That shit makes no god damn sense. It's the same thing as remive now? Indoor skating in Southern California was dumb in 2010, but it's just ridiculous now. 

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1641
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #137 on: January 08, 2021, 12:55:08 PM »
If anyone can, do an e-meter reading before and after you get the vaccine.  I'd love to know what it might do to my thetan levels.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 741
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #138 on: January 08, 2021, 01:30:34 PM »
Getting mine tomorrow.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #139 on: January 09, 2021, 01:41:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
That's.... wild....
Have you ever had to interact with a "nurse" or CNA that works at an assisted living facility? There's a reason that they work there, and not in an ICU.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 741
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #140 on: January 09, 2021, 02:22:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
That's.... wild....
[close]
Have you ever had to interact with a "nurse" or CNA that works at an assisted living facility? There's a reason that they work there, and not in an ICU.

Bolded for factual info.

And yeah, it’s about 2/3’s that didn’t want it at the assisted living facility I work at. Everyone’s mood is “nah man fuck that I heard people get fucked up off of vaccines / I’ll wait till the Nobel prize winning vaccine, not the first round.”

Hopeful for 2031!
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #141 on: January 14, 2021, 08:02:26 AM »
I just got part A of the Moderna vaccine. No real side effects. I did get a sudden urge to scroll through the berries for the first time in 10+ years. That shit makes no god damn sense. It's the same thing as remive now? Indoor skating in Southern California was dumb in 2010, but it's just ridiculous now.

that's it for me, i am not taking this vaccine!

ketoacidosis

• Rep: 0
« Reply #142 on: January 14, 2021, 10:24:05 AM »
I work at a large private NYC hospital and I got my Pfizer booster yesterday. Arm is a little sore, like after the first dose, but that’s the only adverse reaction. I know this is my first post and may seem suspicious but this is a topic I care deeply about. NYC is lacking support staff since traveling nurses are in places like California and im nervous we are on the brink of what we saw nearly a year ago. Nearly every attending and resident has received their doses but the skepticism among nurses is higher than I expected.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #143 on: January 14, 2021, 10:28:55 AM »
but the skepticism among nurses is higher than I expected.

I keep hearing this... Ugh.

ketoacidosis

« Reply #144 on: January 14, 2021, 10:36:48 AM »
I work nights so it can be a little inconvenient to wait in line after working all night to receive it but their reasoning seems to stem from mis-trust in it. Now I have only asked those nurses I’m close with as i feel that it can be a sensitive subject and I don’t want to come across as condescending, but out of the maybe 6 I asked only 1 has gotten it. I think NYC nurses are far more likely to get it (estimates are at 90%) where in places like Ohio it may be far lower at 40%. Luckily in-hospital transmission is low so I’m not worried that our patients or the nurses will contract it.

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #145 on: January 14, 2021, 10:40:16 AM »
Expand Quote
but the skepticism among nurses is higher than I expected.
[close]

I keep hearing this... Ugh.

Does it surprise you? I've met a fair share of nurses who are quite dumb and view themselves as experts. At this point, political indoctrination has them all further warped.

I was just in the hospital, this morning, a super shitty, small rural hospital, for an x-ray and when talking with the receptionist she straight up stated that they don't talk about the vaccine because it upsets some people and their beliefs.

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #146 on: January 14, 2021, 11:07:46 AM »
I work nights so it can be a little inconvenient to wait in line after working all night to receive it but their reasoning seems to stem from mis-trust in it. Now I have only asked those nurses I’m close with as i feel that it can be a sensitive subject and I don’t want to come across as condescending, but out of the maybe 6 I asked only 1 has gotten it. I think NYC nurses are far more likely to get it (estimates are at 90%) where in places like Ohio it may be far lower at 40%. Luckily in-hospital transmission is low so I’m not worried that our patients or the nurses will contract it.

Some of our nurses are sceptical (i‘d say 25-30%) but ALL that have worked with COVID patients and saw the effects said the‘re gonna get the shot for sure. Also all doctors will get it.

That said i‘m on the list for my shot next tuesday, it‘s gonna be the pfizer vaccine.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #147 on: January 14, 2021, 11:10:00 AM »

Does it surprise you? I've met a fair share of nurses who are quite dumb and view themselves as experts. At this point, political indoctrination has them all further warped.

I was just in the hospital, this morning, a super shitty, small rural hospital, for an x-ray and when talking with the receptionist she straight up stated that they don't talk about the vaccine because it upsets some people and their beliefs.

Tbh, it does a little. I worked at a hospital bitd and while some of the nurses were a bit dumb, most of them were on top of shit and sharper than most of the doctors. Of course, that's anecdotal, but still...

ketoacidosis

« Reply #148 on: January 14, 2021, 11:16:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Some of our nurses are sceptical (i‘d say 25-30%) but ALL that have worked with COVID patients and saw the effects said the‘re gonna get the shot for sure. Also all doctors will get it.

That said i‘m on the list for my shot next tuesday, it‘s gonna be the pfizer vaccine.

I was surprised because this unit was turned into a COVID unit in the spring so they all had first hand experience with it. It wasn’t an ICU so I don’t think anyone was ventilated unless they came to the hospital that way but they were sick nonetheless. They haven’t tried to read the journal articles and of the hundreds if not thousands that have gotten the vaccine haven’t had bad reactions so their trepidation seems unjustified. My hope for them is that if they choose to get it, it will still be readily available for them to do so.

Congrats!

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #149 on: January 14, 2021, 11:34:16 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Tbh, it does a little. I worked at a hospital bitd and while some of the nurses were a bit dumb, most of them were on top of shit and sharper than most of the doctors. Of course, that's anecdotal, but still...

No doubt. I also worked in a hospital and remember different grades of RNs tbh. I mean, it blows my mind that people who work with suffering populations aren't on board at this point, but it doesn't surprise me that Nurses are representative of the population at large. It's a true bummer