Author Topic: Loose Fit Pants  (Read 237106 times)

MonsPubis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 20
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Loose Fit Pants
« Reply #2460 on: June 09, 2023, 08:23:52 AM »
i think i could really go for a pair of Marc Johnson Matix cords right now

Mandatory Reload

• Rep: 79
« Reply #2461 on: June 12, 2023, 02:43:49 PM »
anyone have thoughts on the Polar 92s? I tend to like a smaller leg opening at the bottom so the taper is appealing to me. do they tend to run true to size or should you size up/down?

theloniousmonk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #2462 on: June 12, 2023, 04:51:10 PM »
anyone have thoughts on the Polar 92s? I tend to like a smaller leg opening at the bottom so the taper is appealing to me. do they tend to run true to size or should you size up/down?
they are good pants. These are the most tapered pants I own by far and they don’t really look like a skate cut in my opinion but I still really  like them. I wear a 32 in 93 and in 92 so I’d say just get your normal size abd you should be good

gearcrisis

« Reply #2463 on: June 13, 2023, 05:08:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
they are good pants. These are the most tapered pants I own by far and they don’t really look like a skate cut in my opinion but I still really  like them. I wear a 32 in 93 and in 92 so I’d say just get your normal size abd you should be good

they do vanity sizing, so if you want a true to size fit size down. I wear a 30 in most pants , but the 28 fits about 2" bigger in the waist, and held up to my carhartt loose fit denim size 30 looks exactly the same. I found on the 30" 93s the waist was too big for my liking and got saggy crotch.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #2464 on: June 13, 2023, 08:23:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

they do vanity sizing, so if you want a true to size fit size down. I wear a 30 in most pants , but the 28 fits about 2" bigger in the waist, and held up to my carhartt loose fit denim size 30 looks exactly the same. I found on the 30" 93s the waist was too big for my liking and got saggy crotch.

this pretty much, i'm a 34 and my 34's kinda get that saggy crotch thing too. Good pants though, I'm one of the few people that like to actually wash my jeans on a weekly basis and they still look the same as when I first got them.

anyone here try enjoi's fader denim? i snagged a pair of a pal here but they didn't work out for me. selling em for cheap if anyone's interested.

Mandatory Reload

• Rep: 79
« Reply #2465 on: June 13, 2023, 12:27:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

this pretty much, i'm a 34 and my 34's kinda get that saggy crotch thing too. Good pants though, I'm one of the few people that like to actually wash my jeans on a weekly basis and they still look the same as when I first got them.

anyone here try enjoi's fader denim? i snagged a pair of a pal here but they didn't work out for me. selling em for cheap if anyone's interested.

thanks for the insight y'all. ended up ordering last night before i saw these two comments in my regular size so hopefully they don't feel too big

gearcrisis

« Reply #2466 on: June 13, 2023, 04:47:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

thanks for the insight y'all. ended up ordering last night before i saw these two comments in my regular size so hopefully they don't feel too big

they prob wont i had a pair of 32s that fit like 34s and they didnt feel baggy at all just looked crazy bunchy in the waist. it just falls down to personal preference if u dont care about the crotch thing. for me personally i just have OCD and need all my pants to fit in the waist or else i feel sloppy lol.

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #2467 on: June 17, 2023, 05:21:11 AM »

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #2468 on: June 18, 2023, 02:47:33 AM »
https://www.vans.com/en-us/clothing-c00082/range-baggy-tapered-elastic-waist-pant-pvn00000dblk

Anyone have any experience with these?

i tried them on at my local (mall) shop. tried Large since i wear large in polar surf pants too. a little baggier around the waist, little longer, similar taper as far as i remember- wanted to go back and try them on again to maybe buy them but they were gone. materila wasn't as nice as polar surf pants

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #2469 on: June 18, 2023, 05:32:40 AM »

i tried them on at my local (mall) shop. tried Large since i wear large in polar surf pants too. a little baggier around the waist, little longer, similar taper as far as i remember- wanted to go back and try them on again to maybe buy them but they were gone. materila wasn't as nice as polar surf pants
thanks for the reply! Might be worth trying for $16 on vans site at the moment. Typically a 36 waist and the size chart tells me XL but the w elastic waist and your baggies comment, maybe go large?

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #2470 on: June 19, 2023, 05:45:14 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
thanks for the reply! Might be worth trying for $16 on vans site at the moment. Typically a 36 waist and the size chart tells me XL but the w elastic waist and your baggies comment, maybe go large?

i mean depends how you like your fit. i am 5'7 and likely a 32 waist but. get surf pants in L or even XL cause they are comfier that way and i like my shit roomy when i skate. but for like 16 bucks i'd just order both

DeepSpace9mm

• Rep: 100
« Reply #2471 on: June 26, 2023, 11:51:03 AM »
Pants madness.

I’m looking for some really dark indigo jeans with a relaxed to loose fit. Like the rigid unwashed or raw ingido denim.

I got some RVCA jeans that did mostly fit those criteria and were great for a week but they turned into skinny jeans after one wash.

I’m not opposed to getting Levi’s in a larger than normal size but I can never find 505’s in dark indigo or shrink-to-fit. Plus Levi’s quality/consistency leaves something to be desired IME.

Not looking for Polar Big Boys baggy or even 93’s or low rise or sits-below-the-waist type of things either.

I’ve kind of got that thiccness in the thigh/butt region y’know and the pants madness has been a struggle lately.

Any suggestions for a nice quality dark indigo denim with a relaxed to loose fit? 550’s? Doesn’t need to be a budget option.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2023, 12:02:29 PM by DeepSpace9mm »

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2472 on: June 26, 2023, 12:28:55 PM »
stay far away from levis
they shit they make today is overpriced with h&m tier quality
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 293
« Reply #2473 on: June 26, 2023, 12:35:09 PM »
Pants madness.

I’m looking for some really dark indigo jeans with a relaxed to loose fit. Like the rigid unwashed or raw ingido denim.

I got some RVCA jeans that did mostly fit those criteria and were great for a week but they turned into skinny jeans after one wash.

I’m not opposed to getting Levi’s in a larger than normal size but I can never find 505’s in dark indigo or shrink-to-fit. Plus Levi’s quality/consistency leaves something to be desired IME.

Not looking for Polar Big Boys baggy or even 93’s or low rise or sits-below-the-waist type of things either.

I’ve kind of got that thiccness in the thigh/butt region y’know and the pants madness has been a struggle lately.

Any suggestions for a nice quality dark indigo denim with a relaxed to loose fit? 550’s? Doesn’t need to be a budget option.

Thanks.

These are pretty good:

https://www.levi.com/US/en_US/clothing/men/jeans/straight/569-loose-straight-fit-mens-jeans/p/005690127

I recommend sizing up one waist size. That will give you some extra wiggle room.

Aside from that, whenever I fall into pants madness, I hit up the Goodwill or Savers and try on a bunch of different pairs of pants until I find something that fits perfectly. I love being able to try them on and if you end up getting them, you know they're already going to be broken in and won't shrink. Then I'll make a mental note of the brand and fit for future reference.

I prefer spending $8 to $15 on some whatever pants than spending $50 to $80 for some pants online and have them not fit the way I want. I will only order pants online if its a brand and fit that I'm already aware of.

Jim and Dan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 496
  • Twenty-six Conversions in A.D. 46
« Reply #2474 on: June 26, 2023, 12:41:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Pants madness.

Thanks.
[close]

These are pretty good:

https://www.levi.com/US/en_US/clothing/men/jeans/straight/569-loose-straight-fit-mens-jeans/p/005690127

I recommend sizing up one waist size. That will give you some extra wiggle room.

Aside from that, whenever I fall into pants madness, I hit up the Goodwill or Savers and try on a bunch of different pairs of pants until I find something that fits perfectly. I love being able to try them on and if you end up getting them, you know they're already going to be broken in and won't shrink. Then I'll make a mental note of the brand and fit for future reference.

I prefer spending $8 to $15 on some whatever pants than spending $50 to $80 for some pants online and have them not fit the way I want. I will only order pants online if its a brand and fit that I'm already aware of.

Truth in words right here! We have Savers brand thrift stores here and they've been a goldmine for my addiction to loose pants. Pant fittings are the most maddening process, they really are something you need to try on, unless somewhere online exists a pair on some kind of turbo-sale where you don't mind taking the risk for the price, although that is rare.
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

"My boiz better take my body, and boardslide me down the fucking bridge, in San Francisco"

DeepSpace9mm

• Rep: 100
« Reply #2475 on: June 26, 2023, 01:42:46 PM »
Thanks for suggesting the 569’s. I hadn’t seen those at the store I was in. I’ll give those a try.

Everyone is right on the nose about finding the best fit/sizing and ordering stuff online. It can be rough. Levi’s sizing can be all over the place too. And Carhartt…thrift stores are great.

I got some of the Belted Simple Pants from Dancer, Hjalte’s brand, on sale a while back. Very comfy and quality material.

They fit well but the low crotch kinda bugs me. I thought the built in belt would bother me but it really doesn’t.

The shirts are nice and thick too, but that’s for another thread.

I’d recommend pants from Dancer to anyone if you can find them on a good sale. They’re pricey but quality.

fernando the skater

• Rep: 120
« Reply #2476 on: June 26, 2023, 03:20:02 PM »

thisiswhatulooklikern

• Rep: 11
« Reply #2477 on: June 26, 2023, 04:49:53 PM »
ok now what’s the most breathable loose fit pants? foh if you’re one of those people that says dickies are breathable

c-dock

• Lurker
« Reply #2478 on: June 26, 2023, 05:04:00 PM »
ok now what’s the most breathable loose fit pants? foh if you’re one of those people that says dickies are breathable

Champion lounge pants

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1076
« Reply #2479 on: June 26, 2023, 06:11:00 PM »

People made fun of me when I said this last time, but linen pants can be bought super cheap on eBay.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

TheCrimsonShroud

• Rep: 98
« Reply #2480 on: June 26, 2023, 06:26:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Champion lounge pants

Wearing mine as we speak

thisiswhatulooklikern

« Reply #2481 on: June 26, 2023, 06:29:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

People made fun of me when I said this last time, but linen pants can be bought super cheap on eBay.
linen rocks

TheCrimsonShroud

• Rep: 98
« Reply #2482 on: June 26, 2023, 06:53:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I skate almost exclusively in sweats/lounge pants/joggers. I’m at the point where I’m pretty much willing to say I actively dislike, if not outright hate, skating in jeans/chinos/“hard” pants

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #2483 on: June 26, 2023, 08:29:44 PM »
I've got some Edwin jeans that are pretty good, and they do loose styles - https://edwin-europe.com/loose-tapered-jeans-kaihara-dark-pure-indigo-rainbow-selvage-13-5oz-100-cotton-blue-unwashed-i030699-01-99

These look pretty good. How’s the fit & sizing? Do you have for example Polar 93s to compare them to.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2484 on: June 26, 2023, 10:44:04 PM »
Thanks for suggesting the 569’s. I hadn’t seen those at the store I was in. I’ll give those a try.

Everyone is right on the nose about finding the best fit/sizing and ordering stuff online. It can be rough. Levi’s sizing can be all over the place too. And Carhartt…thrift stores are great.

I got some of the Belted Simple Pants from Dancer, Hjalte’s brand, on sale a while back. Very comfy and quality material.

They fit well but the low crotch kinda bugs me. I thought the built in belt would bother me but it really doesn’t.

The shirts are nice and thick too, but that’s for another thread.

I’d recommend pants from Dancer to anyone if you can find them on a good sale. They’re pricey but quality.
I vouch 100% on the 569, my all time fav pant.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
« Reply #2485 on: June 27, 2023, 12:42:23 AM »
For breathability and toughness, I gotta go with cotton (not poly!) ripstop
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Jim and Dan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 496
  • Twenty-six Conversions in A.D. 46
« Reply #2486 on: June 27, 2023, 05:53:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I skate almost exclusively in sweats/lounge pants/joggers. I’m at the point where I’m pretty much willing to say I actively dislike, if not outright hate, skating in jeans/chinos/“hard” pants

I've only in the last year switched back to even wearing jeans, nonetheless skating in them coming off years of corduroys, sweatpants, lounge or track pants. It's the tactile feeling of being really hot and sweaty with the heavy, damp denim rubbing against my legs. Hell, I'm even regretting my decision to wear a pair of Levis 505s today to work (at my desk job) when it's 73 degrees with about 95% humidity, might have to switch over to some Butter high wale cords I've got in the car.
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

"My boiz better take my body, and boardslide me down the fucking bridge, in San Francisco"

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #2487 on: June 27, 2023, 08:56:47 AM »
Yesterday, I  skated in a pair of Levis 550 92 jeans. With my quad measurement of 24.5 inches, these jeans provided a pleasant change from the Levis 514 straights and other brands found at Target. I particularly enjoyed the taper of the 550 92's. Although I was slightly self-conscious, it was nothing compared to how I would have felt wearing Levis 560's.  I've noticed that jeans with stretch require me to buy a longer length compared to these 100% cotton ones. I'm interested in trying a lighter weight jean that offers a similar fit to the 550's.

Pastasash

• Rep: 76
« Reply #2488 on: June 27, 2023, 05:03:49 PM »
Anyone have recommendations for a not too baggy pair of black cargo pants that don’t lose its color/fade too bad overtime with washes?

Snappyfingers

• Rep: 41
  • AW YEAH
« Reply #2489 on: June 27, 2023, 05:14:07 PM »
Anyone have recommendations for a not too baggy pair of black cargo pants that don’t lose its color/fade too bad overtime with washes?

RothCo
https://www.rothco.com/product/rothco-bdu-pants
AW YEAH