Author Topic: Egg Shaped Boards  (Read 220786 times)

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1557
Re: Egg Shaped Boards
« Reply #1770 on: June 20, 2022, 04:39:01 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

cross post. Had to grab one of these for when my huffer is dead.

My man @BartHarleyJarvis is a consummate egg professional and Slap loves him for it.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1082
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1771 on: June 20, 2022, 05:20:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

My man @BartHarleyJarvis is a consummate egg professional and Slap loves him for it.

I only stand on the shoulders of the titans whom came before me

darkthrone

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 154
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1772 on: June 20, 2022, 06:35:11 PM »
Four new Heroin Eggs Dropping next catalog, July 12th. Three familiar shapes with new graphics and a new application on one, and one brand new shape. Really stoked for this next drop.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1773 on: June 20, 2022, 07:02:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Are the tails a lot more short and pointy than the Huffers?

Not that it matters as I am not ordering any from AU, but more just curious as a lot of eggs just don't work for me, but the Huffer and the Black Label Jake 9" have really nice round tails, which I find great for my skating.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1082
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1774 on: June 20, 2022, 07:12:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Not that it matters as I am not ordering any from AU, but more just curious as a lot of eggs just don't work for me, but the Huffer and the Black Label Jake 9" have really nice round tails, which I find great for my skating.

Definitely pointier, more of a proper egg compared to the huffer. I also really love that blunter huffer tail so I'm wondering how I'll like this one. The nose and tail seem a bit fuller than the Quasi eggs I was eyeing for a while though. My rough measurements have it at 6-3/4" tail and 7" nose. Sticker says 32" length and 14.5" wb, although my measurement was slightly shorter?

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1775 on: June 20, 2022, 07:49:59 PM »
It’s funny I consider a proper egg to be the huffer and the Reuter. Pointier nose and a round full tail, seems to be the closest to an actual egg. But this is my own personal and completely subjective opinion.

YeoWhattup

• Rep: 20
« Reply #1776 on: June 20, 2022, 09:12:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Crosspost from the set up thread

Expand Quote

Frog egg 9.12” x 32.06” with a 14.375” wb
Jessup (it don’t mess up)
Film 155 trucks
Spitfire f4 54mm conical fulls 97a
Bones big balls
7/8” Allen hardware
[close]
[close]
Did you re-drill for the 14.375 WB?? SW has it listed as 14.5(they often have dims wrong) so seeing this has me curious.

This board, the new krooked moonsmile, and the Huffer (currently riding one) have piqued my interest in my hunt for a new deck.

There’s a Uma too but that and the krooked are looked a little too pointy at both ends. Next week, I’m gonna go into the shop and check em all out.
It’s a 14.3 wb, have a little stack of these. Best egg out imo

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
« Reply #1777 on: June 21, 2022, 08:32:11 AM »
I'm struggling to find specs on that Krooked Moon smile deck. Anyone?
I'm fairly certain all of the 9.1 DLX egg/football shapes are the same, see the Gerwer grimple 9.1, and also the original Heroin 9.1 big egg and the primitive Villani shape.  Same as these supreme/antihero eggs being posted on this page too.

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 502
« Reply #1778 on: June 21, 2022, 10:39:25 AM »
speaking of similar eggs -

the gerwer backpage 8.38 is the same as the current balancing act 8.38 except for the latter being slick, yes? i'm flipping back and forth between pics and i swear it's the same but i have to have a second opinion/someone who knows.

intendedreceivers

• Rep: 204
« Reply #1779 on: June 21, 2022, 11:34:24 AM »

the gerwer backpage 8.38 is the same as the current balancing act 8.38 except for the latter being slick, yes? i'm flipping back and forth between pics and i swear it's the same but i have to have a second opinion/someone who knows.

That should be correct. It’s the mini version of the Flyer shape, I believe.

iw0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1780 on: June 21, 2022, 11:39:30 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That should be correct. It’s the mini version of the Flyer shape, I believe.

tyvm! yeah i've probably asked the most about this and related flyer shapes lol idk why i feel like i missed the balancing act version though?

bryan

• Rep: 26
« Reply #1781 on: June 21, 2022, 09:00:31 PM »
I'm struggling to find specs on that Krooked Moon smile deck. Anyone?

From Tactics:
WIDTH (IN):   9.1
LENGTH (IN):   32.0
WHEELBASE (IN):   14.5
NOSE (IN):   6.75
TAIL (IN):   6.75

https://www.tactics.com/krooked/alternate-moonsmile-91-skateboard-deck

bryan

• Rep: 26
« Reply #1782 on: June 22, 2022, 01:04:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Definitely pointier, more of a proper egg compared to the huffer. I also really love that blunter huffer tail so I'm wondering how I'll like this one. The nose and tail seem a bit fuller than the Quasi eggs I was eyeing for a while though. My rough measurements have it at 6-3/4" tail and 7" nose. Sticker says 32" length and 14.5" wb, although my measurement was slightly shorter?

I just got mine as well, it's definitely the same shape as the krooked alt moon smile. Measured mine and all the specs seem in line. Looks like a good time.

WIDTH (IN):   9.1
LENGTH (IN):   32.0
WHEELBASE (IN):   14.5
NOSE (IN):   6.75
TAIL (IN):   6.75

Edit: 8.5" over the front and back truck. my copy has a IV stamped over the front truck.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 08:13:21 PM by bryan »

Frank and Fred

« Reply #1783 on: June 22, 2022, 03:02:46 PM »
It’s funny I consider a proper egg to be the huffer and the Reuter. Pointier nose and a round full tail, seems to be the closest to an actual egg. But this is my own personal and completely subjective opinion.

I concur. Too pointy of a tail and it throws me off.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1784 on: June 22, 2022, 08:48:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I just got mine as well, it's definitely the same shape as the krooked alt moon smile. Measured mine and all the specs seem in line. Looks like a good time.

WIDTH (IN):   9.1
LENGTH (IN):   32.0
WHEELBASE (IN):   14.5
NOSE (IN):   6.75
TAIL (IN):   6.75

Edit: 8.5" over the front and back truck. my copy has a IV stamped over the front truck.

That is a huge taper on that board then, from 9.1 down to 8.5 at trucks.

Thanks for the info too.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #1785 on: June 23, 2022, 03:18:02 AM »
Hey pals, I am looking at that Frog Deck here and I like what I see. My question is, does anyone know how wide it is over the trucks?
I have some Indy 159s but if it is more like 8.5 over the trucks, I would snag some 149s.

Thanks in advance.

https://www.skatedeluxe.com/de/frog-the-distraction-nick-michel-shaped-9-1-skateboard-deck-brown_p157823?view=trends&trend_id=57
IG: @flowterspace

sweet pee

• Rep: 124
« Reply #1786 on: June 23, 2022, 06:32:25 AM »
Hey pals, I am looking at that Frog Deck here and I like what I see. My question is, does anyone know how wide it is over the trucks?
I have some Indy 159s but if it is more like 8.5 over the trucks, I would snag some 149s.

Thanks in advance.

https://www.skatedeluxe.com/de/frog-the-distraction-nick-michel-shaped-9-1-skateboard-deck-brown_p157823?view=trends&trend_id=57

I actually went through a similar dilemma between choosing 149's and 159's and discovered it depends on the wheel shape you are running. If you have "classic" shape wheels, then you should be totally fine with the 159's, as the wheels will sit flush on the taper. If you are running conical or wider profile wheels, then I would say 149's might be a better fit, as the edges of the wheels won't stick out.

iw0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1787 on: June 23, 2022, 07:24:29 AM »

Thanks in advance.

hate giving an answer that leads to someone spending more money, but this post makes me want to say 149s are the better bet?

Frog egg 9.12” x 32.06” with a 14.375” wb
Jessup (it don’t mess up)
Film 155 trucks
Spitfire f4 54mm conical fulls 97a
Bones big balls
7/8” Allen hardware

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • <3
« Reply #1788 on: June 23, 2022, 09:21:35 AM »
@YeoWhattup thank you! Was too slow to snag the Frog at SW. Got the Krkd Moonsmile.

When I measured the Moonsmile it’s a lil bit over 8.5 where the trucks will sit. Not skating for at least another week, but it looks like my 151’s will fit fine. Otherwise, might have to get new trucks or cry. Probably both.
The chillest1

ToshiroTownune

• Rep: 70
« Reply #1789 on: June 23, 2022, 03:44:11 PM »
Based on heroin's ig video preview of next season it looks like egg-wise we're getting:
9.75 symmetrical Bail Gun Gary
9.4 Eggscape from New Yolk
9.25 slick symmetrical Anatomy of an Egg
8.88 symmetrical

https://www.instagram.com/p/CfFgIkYI5Jt/?hl=en

iw0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1790 on: June 23, 2022, 04:12:33 PM »
Based on heroin's ig video preview of next season it looks like egg-wise we're getting:
8.88 symmetrical

everything looks so damn good this round, damn. that eggscape from new yolk shirt is too good

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #1791 on: June 23, 2022, 04:39:07 PM »
8.88 symmetrical

The slick egg sounds incredible

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #1792 on: June 23, 2022, 11:37:02 PM »
Anatomy of an egg is one of my all time favorite graphics. I did like the one with the teal background better than the pink one but I’m quite sure I’ll get this one no matter how the specs suit me otherwise. My local and a bunch of other shops in Finland just started carrying Heroin and even though they’ve got only some 5 or so different ones I’m hopeful I’ll be able to snag this one easily enough.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1793 on: June 24, 2022, 03:30:31 AM »
Expand Quote

Thanks in advance.

[close]

hate giving an answer that leads to someone spending more money, but this post makes me want to say 149s are the better bet?

Honestly 159’s would be fine. My films are 8.75 with conical fulls. What wheels would you being running on the 159/? If you’re not running a hella slim wheel it will help.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #1794 on: June 24, 2022, 08:54:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Thanks in advance.

[close]

[close]

Honestly 159’s would be fine. My films are 8.75 with conical fulls. What wheels would you being running on the 159/? If you’re not running a hella slim wheel it will help.

Aren’t the Film 155s 8.625”?

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #1795 on: June 24, 2022, 09:01:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Thanks in advance.

[close]

[close]

I think I will put 52mm Spit Classics on the 159s. Have some 50mm Classics at my parents place, but that looks hella funny with 159s. I mean, it's not like I only skate curbs ya know.
IG: @flowterspace

mamba

• Rep: 134
  • Sucka free
« Reply #1796 on: June 24, 2022, 03:10:11 PM »
Idk how you guys do it… i love the egg/football i’m skating right now. it’s the 8.75 polar, but i’m slowly starting to realize that eggs below 9 inches are a rarity. specifically eggs that are 8.5 over the trucks. there’s the polar one, and the fried egg. and that’s all i know. do you guys know anymore eggs that work well with 8.5 trucks? maybe the uma one?

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
« Reply #1797 on: June 24, 2022, 03:14:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Thanks in advance.

[close]

[close]

[close]

I think I will put 52mm Spit Classics on the 159s. Have some 50mm Classics at my parents place, but that looks hella funny with 159s. I mean, it's not like I only skate curbs ya know.
I’d def run the 159s on the frog egg

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • <3
« Reply #1798 on: June 24, 2022, 04:19:01 PM »
151 thunders and big 56mm wheels fit the new DLX 9.1 shape if anyone cares. I’d post a pic but my phone hates me today
The chillest1

YeoWhattup

• Rep: 20
« Reply #1799 on: June 24, 2022, 05:10:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Thanks in advance.

[close]

[close]

I ride mine on Ace 55 classics. Measured and it’s about 8.75 over the bolts