Author Topic: Egg Shaped Boards  (Read 224903 times)

Creachteach

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 120
Re: Egg Shaped Boards
« Reply #2100 on: April 02, 2023, 06:34:49 AM »

Adding this here too, cause I would imagine some people would be interested:

https://www.instagram.com/generatorskateboardistribution/

New in house shape we just whipped up.
The “GFB” 🏈 These are in production and available soon!
9.125 at widest point
6.625 symmetrical N&T
14.375 WB
31.875 Long
Skates like an 8.5

Looks sick, wish they’d made it with the huffer wheelbase. Add .4” in length.
14.75” and 32.275.
Im too dumb to figure out how to make this drawing my profile pic.

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
« Reply #2101 on: April 02, 2023, 05:17:20 PM »
kyonosuke seems to be riding a football shape. maybe a smaller version of the Villani egg.

oliknight

« Reply #2102 on: April 02, 2023, 05:46:32 PM »
kyonosuke seems to be riding a football shape. maybe a smaller version of the Villani egg.

It’s just the regular Villani egg :)

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1030
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2103 on: April 02, 2023, 06:57:08 PM »
Expand Quote

9.125 at widest point
6.625 symmetrical N&T
14.375 WB
31.875 Long
Skates like an 8.5

[close]

Looks sick, wish they’d made it with the huffer wheelbase. Add .4” in length.
14.75” and 32.275.

I guess there are a lot more people who want shorter wheelbases and twin options, hence this particular "new" shape which anyone can use who get BBS / Generator boards.

At least there are no shortages of Huffer, so that one is still there in which ever graphic they do to keep people happy who do like the Huffer boards, but that specific shape is DLX property, so they wouldn't be making one of those to let just anyone have that board in their range.

It is not really an egg as such, but the Welcome Golem shape is a pretty good one I had been eyeing off for a while, especially now they are on BBS and I got a couple on sale recently.

Width (inches)    9.25
Length (inches)    32.6
Wheelbase (inches)    14.75

Squared off tail, but really good dimensions and feel which work well on 9" trucks too.

If you haven't seen it, check it out.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 678
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2104 on: April 03, 2023, 06:50:39 AM »
another kinda Pro / Con of Egg shape i am riding (14.25 wb x 9.125" w) manuals kinda feel like ass, BUT flip outs feel really easy from my default manny position. it feels like i dont need to move my feet at all.

Crailslideyoface

• Rep: 38
« Reply #2105 on: April 03, 2023, 10:18:29 AM »
One of the most beautiful things I've ever seen

9.125 at widest point
6.625 symmetrical N&T
14.375 WB
31.875 Long
Skates like an 8.5

I wanna crap in a box just to mail it to you so your bitch ass can smell it

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #2106 on: April 03, 2023, 02:27:35 PM »
Hey pals, can anyone point me in the direction of a egg shape for 8.75" trucks? I don't really know what to look for, but a length around 31.8" to 32" would be nice.
IG: @flowterspace

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2107 on: April 03, 2023, 02:32:33 PM »
Hey pals, can anyone point me in the direction of a egg shape for 8.75" trucks? I don't really know what to look for, but a length around 31.8" to 32" would be nice.

https://www.blacklabelskates.com/product/elijah-akerley-match-co-9-0-egg

This shape worked great with 159s for me

Black Label Elijah Akerley "SPIDER EGG" Custom Shape 9.0" x 32.25" WB 14.38"
Independent x Toy Machine 159 Standards with IKP baseplates and 90a aftermarket bushings.
Powell Peralta Dragon Formula 93a 56mm (probably around 54mm now)
Bones Super Reds Ceramics
Independent 1" hardware
Jessup Ultra

Getting used to a whole lot now: no risers, smaller wheels, different shape, and different wheelbase.

turbo 2.0

• Rep: 52
« Reply #2108 on: April 03, 2023, 10:26:06 PM »
What’s the consensus on a football/egg shape for Ace 66’s? I’m not really concerned about wheelbase or anything like that. When I ride popsicles I normally ride 8.25 with 8.5 trucks so whatever would be closest to that preferably. I understand with 9” trucks I might not be able to get something that skates exactly like an 8.25, mainly I’m just looking for a deck where the trucks don’t have a shit ton of overhang

texasplant

• Rep: 84
« Reply #2109 on: April 03, 2023, 11:33:12 PM »
Would you guys consider the AH Brown Bomber an egg? Tail is a little squared off I guess.

Are these discontinued? I’ve been holding onto one for a couple years and I’m hesitant to set it up if so.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
« Reply #2110 on: April 04, 2023, 12:07:49 AM »
What’s the consensus on a football/egg shape for Ace 66’s? I’m not really concerned about wheelbase or anything like that. When I ride popsicles I normally ride 8.25 with 8.5 trucks so whatever would be closest to that preferably. I understand with 9” trucks I might not be able to get something that skates exactly like an 8.25, mainly I’m just looking for a deck where the trucks don’t have a shit ton of overhang

Black Label Tugboat or even better Black Widow.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1323
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #2111 on: April 04, 2023, 11:55:28 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Huffers are great with 66s too
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Shesty

• Rep: -8
« Reply #2112 on: April 14, 2023, 12:04:19 AM »
Cromer Egg.. 8.25" x 31.82". 14.38"wb.

Really want to try one, but unfortunately could find it on any EU skateshop.
Does anybody know where I can get in in Europe?

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #2113 on: April 14, 2023, 01:38:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Cromer Egg.. 8.25" x 31.82". 14.38"wb.

[close]

Really want to try one, but unfortunately could find it on any EU skateshop.
Does anybody know where I can get in in Europe?

One of my local shops in Helsinki has it:
https://www.lamina.fi/shop/cromer-hojas-8-25-8308?category=482#attr=130801,130800

Shesty

« Reply #2114 on: April 14, 2023, 03:19:10 AM »
Yes, this was the only shop that I found, but unfortunately they don't ship to Czech republic :/

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2115 on: April 14, 2023, 05:22:26 AM »
They recently updated their webshop to a new platform and it sucks (at least for now). Maybe you could hit them up through email or dm on Instagram? They might be able to ship it regardless. I’ve gotten good service from them myself except once many years ago when some young guys at the counter didn’t apparently like my non-skate clothing.  :D

Shesty

« Reply #2116 on: April 14, 2023, 06:10:27 AM »
They recently updated their webshop to a new platform and it sucks (at least for now). Maybe you could hit them up through email or dm on Instagram? They might be able to ship it regardless. I’ve gotten good service from them myself except once many years ago when some young guys at the counter didn’t apparently like my non-skate clothing.  :D

Yeah, I already did that and the response was that in the near future (1 to 2 months) they are able to do that, because, as you mentioned, they updated webshop to a new one, so it is still in the works.

So It looks like I'm gonna settle with grimple 8.38 egg/flyer. Does anybode know specs of  8.38 flyer shape?

beandemon

• Rep: 181
« Reply #2117 on: April 14, 2023, 10:39:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Gotta be AF1’s, right?

turbo 2.0

• Rep: 52
« Reply #2118 on: April 14, 2023, 12:07:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
Gotta be AF1’s, right?

That’s what I’m running it with, yeah. Ended up getting a good deal on a heroin symmetrical egg I liked the shape of, we’ll see how it skates once I set it up

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2119 on: April 14, 2023, 04:12:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah, I already did that and the response was that in the near future (1 to 2 months) they are able to do that, because, as you mentioned, they updated webshop to a new one, so it is still in the works.

So It looks like I'm gonna settle with grimple 8.38 egg/flyer. Does anybode know specs of  8.38 flyer shape?

Ok. Pretty meh response from them. It really shouldn’t be at all about the webshop platform if they’re willing to send it to you or not.

intendedreceivers

• Rep: 204
« Reply #2120 on: April 14, 2023, 08:18:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It’s a normal wheelbase, like 14.25 in., but it’s a pretty short board overall. The tail is super short and more tapered than the nose. Kicks feel pretty mellow to me. 8 in. trucks work, 8.25 are probably ideal. Mid/low truck brands and sub-54mm wheels were a good combo (I rode it on the new Royals and 53mm F4 OG Classics).

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1030
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #2121 on: April 14, 2023, 08:36:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

It’s a normal wheelbase, like 14.25 in., but it’s a pretty short board overall. The tail is super short and more tapered than the nose. Kicks feel pretty mellow to me. 8 in. trucks work, 8.25 are probably ideal. Mid/low truck brands and sub-54mm wheels were a good combo (I rode it on the new Royals and 53mm F4 OG Classics).

*  Sorry, I re-read and saw the 8.38 size, not the 8.75 size, but then when looking them up they are about the same in other dimensions so restored the post anyway.

Yeah, crazy short tail.

Even just to check out the pics here, but it has dimensions and all that too:

https://www.tactics.com/anti-hero/gerwer-grimple-coloring-book-875-flyer-shape-skateboard-deck/blue

SPECS
SIZE   8.75
WIDTH (IN):   8.75
LENGTH (IN):   31.5
WHEELBASE (IN):   14.25
NOSE (IN):   6.68
TAIL (IN):   6.375

Added:

https://www.skatedeluxe.com/en/anti-hero-gerwer-grimple-stix-backpage-8-38-skateboard-deck-multi_p152841

width: 8.375"
length: 31.375"
wheelbase: 14.2"
nose: 6.75"
tail: 6.2"
I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Skatebeard

• Rep: 130
« Reply #2122 on: April 18, 2023, 01:24:29 AM »
I skate pretty much exclusively flatground, lots of flip tricks, fakie kickflip variations, heelflip tricks etc. I missed out on the egg shape as i started skating in 2000... recently i've found myself eyeing them up as it looks like something a little different.

Would i be crazy in trying to make a shape like that work for purely flat sessions, or are they not really built for it? is there an egg that would approximate to an 8.25/.5 popsicle with a 14" WB?

Creachteach

• Rep: 120
« Reply #2123 on: April 18, 2023, 11:57:33 AM »
I skate pretty much exclusively flatground, lots of flip tricks, fakie kickflip variations, heelflip tricks etc. I missed out on the egg shape as i started skating in 2000... recently i've found myself eyeing them up as it looks like something a little different.

Would i be crazy in trying to make a shape like that work for purely flat sessions, or are they not really built for it? is there an egg that would approximate to an 8.25/.5 popsicle with a 14" WB?

They might work out.

I can find some Tired boards, other than that there’s couches and loveseats, the crail stuff.

Im too dumb to figure out how to make this drawing my profile pic.

intendedreceivers

• Rep: 204
« Reply #2124 on: April 18, 2023, 12:39:50 PM »

In theory, an egg should flip and rotate quicker because there’s proportionately more mass around the center, so they‘re probably suited pretty well to flat, to be honest. Definitely gives you a little something different for the parking lot sessions.

From personal experience, I find they are actually easier to flip with less effort and they maybe come around faster, but I also find it more difficult to hit the right spot on the nose for the flick. The scoop is nice on an egg, too.

Skatebeard

• Rep: 130
« Reply #2125 on: April 18, 2023, 05:09:18 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

They might work out.

I can find some Tired boards, other than that there’s couches and loveseats, the crail stuff.

Cheers mate, I actually saw that tired 8.65 earlier, found one on sale here in the UK so going to take a punt on it, because why not?!

I've got a spare set of 148 thunders on the shelf, wonder if the width at the truck bolts will work with those? Looks like it could.

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 504
« Reply #2126 on: April 26, 2023, 03:54:05 PM »
hey eggheads, anyone tried the krooked cr-egg? have feelings, etc? the specs listed on tactics look kind of fun to try & i'm wondering how much it actually tapers. for reference i really like the metal raybourn egg which is a little shorter in both length and wb, which is why i'm eyeing the aforementioned cr-egg

https://www.tactics.com/krooked/cromer-hojas-825-cr-egg-shape-skateboard-deck

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
« Reply #2127 on: April 27, 2023, 08:49:52 AM »
Look like the Loveseat Plus is finally hitting the shelves. Loveseat with a 14 1/4" WB instead of 13 7/8"

Pretty ideal.

https://socalskateshop.com/Girl-Simon-Bannerot-Letterpress-Loveseat-Plus-Shaped-Skateboard-Deck-9x32-375.html#!?cc_decks=130868&c=cc_grip-tape

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1124
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #2128 on: April 27, 2023, 11:50:14 AM »
Crosspost from Set Up

Quasi World Wide 9" egg
Indy Stage 4 151
Spit F4 Oski 55m Radials
Quantums
Santa Cruz Slimline rails
Mob

Trying to clear out the sticker stash...

Excited to give this thing a spin. Can't say how many times I've checked it out at a shop and not pulled the trigger...

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #2129 on: April 27, 2023, 02:53:17 PM »
Look like the Loveseat Plus is finally hitting the shelves. Loveseat with a 14 1/4" WB instead of 13 7/8"

Pretty ideal.

https://socalskateshop.com/Girl-Simon-Bannerot-Letterpress-Loveseat-Plus-Shaped-Skateboard-Deck-9x32-375.html#!?cc_decks=130868&c=cc_grip-tape
loveseat tapers to 8.5 in the back right? too skinny for my taste
great idea but i hope they give the same treatment to the couch
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo