Author Topic: Egg Shaped Boards  (Read 224832 times)

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Egg Shaped Boards
« Reply #2370 on: November 22, 2023, 02:48:57 PM »
Looks like there's a new Black Label 9.5" egg. Do these measurements match up with any of the Heroin eggs?

Width: 9.5"
Length: 32.5"
Wheelbase: 14.5"
Nose: 7.25"
Tail: 6.75"

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1030
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2371 on: November 22, 2023, 03:34:16 PM »
Looks like there's a new Black Label 9.5" egg. Do these measurements match up with any of the Heroin eggs?

I think for the most part the Heroin eggs are all on the shorter side with shorter wheelbases.

John Lucero is definitely out there doing his own shapes and sizes in the past for Black Label boards, so I would say this one is a special shape, not just something that someone else has done and they have used.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

dunc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 51
« Reply #2372 on: November 22, 2023, 05:36:52 PM »

That's yum as!
They laughed when I told my friends that I was going to be a comedian.....well they are not laughing now!

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2373 on: November 22, 2023, 05:54:28 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I think for the most part the Heroin eggs are all on the shorter side with shorter wheelbases.

John Lucero is definitely out there doing his own shapes and sizes in the past for Black Label boards, so I would say this one is a special shape, not just something that someone else has done and they have used.
Yeah it’s interesting…I think all the BL popsicles are the generic BBS shapes, but BL does seem to pay for the other custom shapes. Probably gonna pick this egg up, just sucks it’s at the dawn of NE winter

WelcomeToHell

• Rep: 256
« Reply #2374 on: November 24, 2023, 06:59:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Oh and look, the 8.5 egg is restocked.

https://searatskateboards.bigcartel.com/product/8-5-rat-egg
[close]

Haha holy shit I sent him a message through his contact form and he saw it and restocked. Gonna grab one in a few days when I get paid. Stoked to try a handmade board.

Sea Rat sale today. $15 off all boards. Code: blackfriday

https://searatskateboards.bigcartel.com/

Aquatic Dinosaur

• Rep: 96
« Reply #2375 on: November 24, 2023, 06:14:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Haha holy shit I sent him a message through his contact form and he saw it and restocked. Gonna grab one in a few days when I get paid. Stoked to try a handmade board.
[close]

So close to buying one but $100 shipped even with the sale

WelcomeToHell

« Reply #2376 on: November 25, 2023, 07:41:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

They're definitely a bit more expensive, but he doesn't benefit from bulk supplies like BBS or PS or bulk ordering discounts like Skate Warehouse or CCS. Plus he's a one man shop. So I'm good with paying a bit more. But I do understand that, all told, his stuff runs about $20-$25 more including shipping than something like a Baker or AH you get off SW or CCS shipped FedEx Ground.

Any way, I'm just a big fan of his boards.

Aquatic Dinosaur

• Rep: 96
« Reply #2377 on: November 26, 2023, 09:06:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

They're definitely a bit more expensive, but he doesn't benefit from bulk supplies like BBS or PS or bulk ordering discounts like Skate Warehouse or CCS. Plus he's a one man shop. So I'm good with paying a bit more. But I do understand that, all told, his stuff runs about $20-$25 more including shipping than something like a Baker or AH you get off SW or CCS shipped FedEx Ground.

I plan on buying one in the future, have my eye on the capt walker shovel. Right now I plan on spending money on my kids instead of myself.  Not to say I haven’t bought unnecessary gear recently.  Sorry to sea rat for my comment, wasn’t trying to knock them down at all

WelcomeToHell

« Reply #2378 on: November 26, 2023, 07:41:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I plan on buying one in the future, have my eye on the capt walker shovel. Right now I plan on spending money on my kids instead of myself.  Not to say I haven’t bought unnecessary gear recently.  Sorry to sea rat for my comment, wasn’t trying to knock them down at all

Not at all. I totally get it. I have kids as well.

Also, the Capt Walker Shovel is my favorite. I’ve had 2 of them.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2379 on: November 27, 2023, 08:00:54 AM »

Crosspost with the setup thread. This 8.375 egg is super fun
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Bandee

« Reply #2380 on: November 27, 2023, 08:48:18 AM »

The setup looks awesome! Gonna go pick mine up later today

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #2381 on: November 27, 2023, 08:58:15 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

The setup looks awesome! Gonna go pick mine up later today
Works great, for me, with AF-1 44
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Fooj

• Rep: 182
« Reply #2382 on: November 27, 2023, 11:30:16 AM »
For anyone that’s skated the dlx 8.75 egg, does the tail really feel as short as tactics lists(6.375”)? Almost picked one up today but that part kind of tripped me out

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #2383 on: November 27, 2023, 01:04:23 PM »
For anyone that’s skated the dlx 8.75 egg, does the tail really feel as short as tactics lists(6.375”)? Almost picked one up today but that part kind of tripped me out
Yes, I'd even say it feels shorter due to the egg taper. I skated a Girl Mike Carroll popsicle board with a 6.3 tail and that felt more manageable. I ended up skating my Grimple egg backwards a lot of the time because of the small tail.

Fooj

• Rep: 182
« Reply #2384 on: November 27, 2023, 01:17:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Yes, I'd even say it feels shorter due to the egg taper. I skated a Girl Mike Carroll popsicle board with a 6.3 tail and that felt more manageable. I ended up skating my Grimple egg backwards a lot of the time because of the small tail.

Ah, that’s unfortunate, I really like the shape. Thanks for the response

WelcomeToHell

« Reply #2385 on: November 28, 2023, 04:38:19 PM »
Heroin 9.5 symmetrical from a season or two ago available at my local Zumiez. I assume because they’re Baker distro?

https://www.zumiez.com/heroin-holo-egg-symmetrical-9-5-skateboard-deck.html

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #2386 on: November 29, 2023, 09:53:38 AM »
Anybody ever skated that 8.5 Birdhouse egg?
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 545
« Reply #2387 on: November 29, 2023, 12:13:54 PM »
Heroin 9.5 symmetrical from a season or two ago available at my local Zumiez. I assume because they’re Baker distro?

Get it. Such a good board/shape. This is the dimensions that FOS personally prefers.

disclosed

• Rep: 175
« Reply #2388 on: November 29, 2023, 01:42:50 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Get it. Such a good board/shape. This is the dimensions that FOS personally prefers.

it will be back next drop too.

WelcomeToHell

« Reply #2389 on: November 29, 2023, 06:27:34 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I've skated them before. I'm a big fan. Amazing shape/dimensions. I just thought it was interesting that they're in Zumiez. They also have the Avi guest egg.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #2390 on: December 17, 2023, 03:37:27 AM »
Anybody ever tried that Uma cosmic egg?
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

GoldenGateHeights

• Rep: 16
« Reply #2391 on: December 28, 2023, 01:44:40 PM »
Just ordered one of the Shimizu egg's - what trucks have people run on these? Looks to be 8.25 over the front and back so was thinking 144's or maybe even some 44 classics.

Enrico Pallazzo

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 206
« Reply #2392 on: December 28, 2023, 07:24:13 PM »

Rode one with a previous graphic, but same shape - really enjoyed it, was my first egg so it actually felt a little smaller than I expected, as I typically skate 8.75-9” boards. Set it up with both 55 classics and 6.1 Ventures, and found it lends itself better to a narrower truck. Some thunder 151s wouldy probably be a blast on it if that’s your jam.

Enrico Pallazzo

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 206
« Reply #2393 on: December 29, 2023, 12:51:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Rode one with a previous graphic, but same shape - really enjoyed it, was my first egg so it actually felt a little smaller than I expected, as I typically skate 8.75-9”boards. Set it up with both 55 classics and 6.1 Ventures, and found it lends itself better to a narrower truck. Some thunder 151s wouldy probably be a blast on it if that’s your jam.

You inspired me to pull it out of the garage and roll around the park with it on some old trucks and fresh wheels. Still too small for me, but a fun shape - very nimble and maneuverable after the tanks I’ve been riding. If you (or anyone) are in Orange County and interested it’s yours.

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
« Reply #2394 on: December 29, 2023, 05:55:39 PM »
I rode that Uma shape also and really didn't like it. Rode more like an 8.5" to me so I had AF1 55s on it.

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
« Reply #2395 on: January 04, 2024, 12:22:11 PM »

A Dogtown deck, I might actually ride. 9.25" with a 14.25 WB. A bit like the Black Label Spider egg but bigger.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #2396 on: January 04, 2024, 03:30:43 PM »
ive eyed that deck for a second
but the ps wood makes me doubt its actually 32”
id give it a shot if im wrong
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

WelcomeToHell

« Reply #2397 on: January 04, 2024, 04:33:00 PM »
ive eyed that deck for a second
but the ps wood makes me doubt its actually 32”
id give it a shot if im wrong

Unless those are shop measurements then it’s definitely less than 32”.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #2398 on: January 06, 2024, 03:07:11 AM »

Stoked.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 968
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #2399 on: January 06, 2024, 09:23:47 PM »

Stoked.

That sounds perfect. Good score

A Dogtown deck, I might actually ride. 9.25" with a 14.25 WB. A bit like the Black Label Spider egg but bigger.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Rode one with a previous graphic, but same shape - really enjoyed it, was my first egg so it actually felt a little smaller than I expected, as I typically skate 8.75-9”boards. Set it up with both 55 classics and 6.1 Ventures, and found it lends itself better to a narrower truck. Some thunder 151s wouldy probably be a blast on it if that’s your jam.
[close]

You inspired me to pull it out of the garage and roll around the park with it on some old trucks and fresh wheels. Still too small for me, but a fun shape - very nimble and maneuverable after the tanks I’ve been riding. If you (or anyone) are in Orange County and interested it’s yours.

These are too sick. I love dog town.

Those wheels look really good with that graphic too.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)