Author Topic: Security guard beaten at SF Black Rock  (Read 371282 times)

thebacker

Re: Security guard beaten at SF Black Rock
« Reply #180 on: December 18, 2018, 08:41:21 AM »
yikes

CHONGO

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #181 on: December 18, 2018, 08:43:58 AM »
matt finley just posted this on his instagram story

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #182 on: December 18, 2018, 08:46:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Attacked by 8 men? I wonder if there are more charges to come for other individuals.
[close]
The flyer that his family made states that he was struck in the head with a skateboard...I guess we can put some of the rumors to rest.
[close]

"Dan was struck multiple times in the head with a skateboard

i think this part deserves the emphasis
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

mtvic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
« Reply #183 on: December 18, 2018, 10:25:09 AM »
Just got some low down. No skateboards involved and there is evidence that will be brought out soon. Sounds like this was just a hard punch. Free Jesse!

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1467
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #184 on: December 18, 2018, 10:33:55 AM »
Yeah, but was a hard punch really necessary? Is it ever? Is the GX1 crew involved?

I also hate it how the media is lynching Jesse when his side of the story has not been explained at all.

SIMPLY

• Rep: 30
« Reply #185 on: December 18, 2018, 10:39:01 AM »
Who cares if it was a skateboard or a "hard punch", the dude had part of his brain removed and his and his family's lives are forever changed

Pigeon

« Reply #186 on: December 18, 2018, 10:40:18 AM »
Who cares if it was a skateboard or a "hard punch", the dude had part of his brain removed and his and his family's lives are forever changed
Has that ever happened from just a punch, or did the guy fall on his head?

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #187 on: December 18, 2018, 10:45:07 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Has that ever happened from just a punch, or did the guy fall on his head?
Would the guy have fallen on his head had he not been attacked by seven or eight people?
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

RIDEFLANNELV2

• Rep: 50
« Reply #188 on: December 18, 2018, 10:49:12 AM »
matt finley just posted this on his instagram story

Would rather see someone write "Make Jesse accountable for assaulting a senior citizen".

Couldn't imagine an overweight security guard who is nearly sixty poses a threat.

Here Come The Lame Jets

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #189 on: December 18, 2018, 11:02:28 AM »
this is all bad.  if this guy dies at some point, and it's attributed to this injury (which is highly likely), these charges will be upgraded to murder.  I have a feeling people aren't going to give a shit about the skaters side of events either (they never do).  real bad shit. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #190 on: December 18, 2018, 11:06:53 AM »
this is also going to really fuck up skating in all of SF, not to mention once the media gets wind of the GX videos. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

sk8ordontordie

• Rep: -16
  • I like to skate
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #191 on: December 18, 2018, 11:11:44 AM »
this is also going to really fuck up skating in all of SF, not to mention once the media gets wind of the GX videos.
Right. This shit ruins skating for everyone and clearly fucked up that dude and his families life. These dudes need to grow up and stop being so selfish. I hate how fucking with security is the  new hot trend, you're really just making it harder for everyone else to skate the spot.
Welcome to slap message board

ShyLow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 50
« Reply #192 on: December 18, 2018, 11:12:00 AM »
In that suspect photo i clearly see

seriously fuck you

mtvic

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #193 on: December 18, 2018, 11:31:57 AM »
You guys saying he didn’t deserve a hard punch astonish me. Have you never been beat up or jumped?  In the moment of a fight often people resort to fight or flight tactics, which is likely what happened here. If the security guard punched or grabbed Jesse and he hit him in the right spot at the right time then it’s very feasible that the security guard would have been knocked unconscious and hit his head on the ground. This happens. Self defense is legitimate and exists in a court of law for a reason. What sucks is to see skaters jump to conclusions based off of very little evidence, and more evidence will come. I imagine some of you never grew up street skating, as if you had you would know very well the problem with over zealous security starting fights with us (especially in sf) and how these things happen. Again I say free Jesse and give this man his due process before jumping the gun.

n0torious

• Rep: 153
« Reply #194 on: December 18, 2018, 11:35:39 AM »
If he passes...

In most jurisdictions, to qualify as an underlying offense for a felony murder charge, the underlying offense must present a foreseeable danger to life, and the link between the offense and the death must not be too remote. For example, if the recipient of a forged check has a fatal allergic reaction to the ink, most courts will not hold the forger guilty of murder, as the cause of death is too remote from the criminal act.

There are two schools of thought concerning whose actions can cause the defendant to be guilty of felony murder. Jurisdictions that hold to the agency theory admit only deaths caused by the agents of the crime. Jurisdictions that use the proximate cause theory include any death, even if caused by a bystander or the police, provided that it meets one of several proximate cause tests to determine if the chain of events between the offence and the death was short enough to have legally caused the death.

The merger doctrine excludes from the offenses that qualify as underlying offenses any felony that is presupposed by a murder charge. For example, nearly all murders involve some type of assault, but so do many cases of manslaughter. To count any death that occurred during the course of an assault as felony murder would obliterate a distinction that is carefully set by the legislature. However, merger may not apply when an assault against one person results in the death of a different person.

Felony murder is typically the same grade of murder as premeditated murder and carries the same sentence as is used for premeditated murder in the jurisdiction in question.

Tarquin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 423
« Reply #195 on: December 18, 2018, 11:42:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Is there a Facebook group or any page available for the family of the security guard? The article states that the family has a flyer of pictures of people who police are still looking for.
[close]

here's the flyer. taken from the video that goes along with this article - https://abc7news.com/suspect-accused-of-attacking-sf-security-guard-is-well-known-skateboarder/4918724/

Those are all clearly pictures of Adriana Victoria Munoz.

Dad Muska

• Rep: 5
« Reply #196 on: December 18, 2018, 12:00:47 PM »

That footage of the lady getting backside lipslided is going to get some serious burn on the nightly news. 
Mom Penny

cloudy

« Reply #197 on: December 18, 2018, 12:10:19 PM »
from the "friends of dan jansen" gofundme:

My friend Dan Jansen was attacked by 8 skateboarders on November 25, 2018.  Dan was doing his job as a security supervisor in moving metal barricades in place to prevent skateboarders from vandalizing the property he was providing security for.  One skateboarder was seen pushing my friend Dan while the others joined in throwing punches and kicks.  One skateboarder used his skateboard to hit Dan across the head, knocking him unconscious.  All 8 skateboarders fled immediately.

https://www.gofundme.com/friends-of-dan-jansen

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 566
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #198 on: December 18, 2018, 12:20:48 PM »
it's sad

Dernpop1

« Reply #199 on: December 18, 2018, 12:22:49 PM »
Unfortunate series of events for everyone involved. Hope the man recovers as best as possible. Hope things work out for Jesse.

bo bice

• Rep: 76
« Reply #200 on: December 18, 2018, 12:24:46 PM »
Daaaaaamn Jesse Viera, the dude that rides for pizza and just had a thrasher cover? Wow. really liked his skating. this sucks for all parties, hope security guy heals up

slippy

• Rep: 84
« Reply #201 on: December 18, 2018, 12:33:05 PM »
this is incredibly sad all around.  Unless the evidence shows some serious physical aggression from security I'm having a hard time siding with the skater.  I do and have street skated constantly and had countless interactions with angry security.  I've never once considered getting physical about it.  personalities are different and it's entirely possible one punch which isn't a tremendous deal caused an accidental head injury with a fall or something but it shouldn't even get to the point of throwing a punch.  Overwhelming evidence could prove me wrong but it seems likely it shouldn't have even gotten close to that point.
people who refuse to use apple products can blow my fucking stupid hog

muntcuscle

• Rep: 44
« Reply #202 on: December 18, 2018, 12:47:26 PM »
if you defend 8 adult dudes bashing a 60 year old's head in and almost murdering him outside of a fucking bank at a blown out spot, go fuck yourself

thebacker

« Reply #203 on: December 18, 2018, 12:48:12 PM »
if you defend 8 adult dudes bashing a 60 year old's head in and almost murdering him outside of a fucking bank at a blown out spot, go fuck yourself

eight two fives

• Rep: -26
« Reply #204 on: December 18, 2018, 12:49:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The Mess

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
  • please don't kill me jesse.
« Reply #205 on: December 18, 2018, 01:00:14 PM »
from the "friends of dan jansen" gofundme:

Expand Quote
My friend Dan Jansen was attacked by 8 skateboarders on November 25, 2018.  Dan was doing his job as a security supervisor in moving metal barricades in place to prevent skateboarders from vandalizing the property he was providing security for.  One skateboarder was seen pushing my friend Dan while the others joined in throwing punches and kicks.  One skateboarder used his skateboard to hit Dan across the head, knocking him unconscious.  All 8 skateboarders fled immediately.
[close]

https://www.gofundme.com/friends-of-dan-jansen

I'm trying real hard to keep an open mind until all the facts come out but at this point it is very difficult for me not to be livid at these eight fucking kooks. You are ruining skateboarding for the rest of us. Fuck off. Fighting is for dumb fucks and children. Cashing in on it is for vultures.
i have nothing to fear but jesse himself.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #206 on: December 18, 2018, 01:06:51 PM »
How the fuck are you gonna put out the best video of the year and then catch a case? This is fucking stupid. They made their bed and now gotta lie in it.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #207 on: December 18, 2018, 01:07:50 PM »
first they realease the best video of the last years, now this. what a fuckin shit rollercoaster. if only i could find a way to blame nike for this.

edit: damn, posted at the same time.

How the fuck are you gonna put out the best video of the year and then catch a case? This is fucking stupid. They made their bed and now gotta lie in it.

chipped tail

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -42
« Reply #208 on: December 18, 2018, 01:11:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Is there a Facebook group or any page available for the family of the security guard? The article states that the family has a flyer of pictures of people who police are still looking for.
[close]

here's the flyer. taken from the video that goes along with this article - https://abc7news.com/suspect-accused-of-attacking-sf-security-guard-is-well-known-skateboarder/4918724/

I think GX1000 just found its next team board graphic

mtvic

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #209 on: December 18, 2018, 01:14:43 PM »
Obviously if that’s what went down there would be no defense. What if that isn’t what happened?  What if there is more than one side to the story?  If you can’t be logical than go fuck yourself!