Author Topic: Security guard beaten at SF Black Rock  (Read 376280 times)

feedmeseymour

Re: Security guard beaten at SF Black Rock
« Reply #1110 on: February 01, 2019, 06:16:38 AM »
you sound like the type of parent that blamed videogames or marylin manson when columbine happened.

Jerkstore

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -154
« Reply #1111 on: February 01, 2019, 06:17:50 AM »
Guys I think we are missing the bigger picture here.

This is a terrible situation all around and one that is a direct result of a long standing culture within skateboarding of glorying drug and alcohol abuse as well as violence and criminal behavior. This sort of jackass attitude does nothing but paint skateboarding in a bad light.

Looking at this trend it was only a matter of time until someone innocent got hurt. Sponsors and pro skaters have only themselves to blame in this situation. I might be in the minority but I can't stand any skate video where it's all about drugs, goofing around and pissing people off.

I want to see the best skaters in the world skating, not drinking beer or throwing shit at one and other. FFS what are we, 5 years old?

I started skating in the 80's and I strongly believe skateboarding has its roots deeply embedded in counter culture and that's a good thing, skateboarding should be about freedom and exploration and absolutely to an extent breaking the rules, skating street spots etc.

But when skaters just comes across like a bunch of thugs, fighting, knocking passers by over and in general just behaving like scum, that's what they become, scum.

Skateboarding needs to take a stand and look itself in the mirror. I work for Red Bull as a filmer / photographer and I can honestly say that more and more corporate sponsors will not stand for this. One can complain that Nike etc is ruining skateboarding, but maybe a somewhat cleaner image is exactly what skateboarding needs to move forward. I'm not saying no to rebellion and counter culture, just criminal and childish behavior.

With regards to the SF incident it is a tragedy all around. Dan has has his and his family's life changed forever and skateboarding is right to reach out and offer condolences and financial support.

However you look at it though, Jesse is also a victim, a victim of a culture that has been allowed to go on far too long and that viewers and consumers have fueled by watching and buying boards etc.

How many of the people that are calling Jesse out, has laughed and shared similar videos where skaters have been in altercations with security and members of the public? If you did, you are all guilty of fueling the behavior that led to this.

Yes Jesse f..... up, as did the whole crew that was with him, but he is now being made a scapegoat for an entire culture and all the people that's been supporting that culture are turning their backs.

Jesse needs the support of the community now more than ever and I call hypocrite on most people who are slagging him off. I'm not defending what they did and they should absolutely pay for it, but I see this as an opportunity for skateboarding to come together and move forward to a better place.

Of course, virtuous corporations will save skateboarding!

Roast beef

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -734
  • My daughter is my world.
« Reply #1112 on: February 01, 2019, 06:18:32 AM »
Haha what a douche that skateforever guy is.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It’s the courage to continue that counts.

Skateforever

• Rep: -4
« Reply #1113 on: February 01, 2019, 06:20:36 AM »
you sound like the type of parent that blamed videogames or marylin manson when columbine happened.
Hilarious, if you read what I said you'd realise that's not the point all.

Skateforever

« Reply #1114 on: February 01, 2019, 06:21:21 AM »
Haha what a douche that skateforever guy is.

Haha, I was afraid that common sense wouldn't do to well on here...

Skateforever

« Reply #1115 on: February 01, 2019, 06:24:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Guys I think we are missing the bigger picture here.

This is a terrible situation all around and one that is a direct result of a long standing culture within skateboarding of glorying drug and alcohol abuse as well as violence and criminal behavior. This sort of jackass attitude does nothing but paint skateboarding in a bad light.

Looking at this trend it was only a matter of time until someone innocent got hurt. Sponsors and pro skaters have only themselves to blame in this situation. I might be in the minority but I can't stand any skate video where it's all about drugs, goofing around and pissing people off.

I want to see the best skaters in the world skating, not drinking beer or throwing shit at one and other. FFS what are we, 5 years old?

I started skating in the 80's and I strongly believe skateboarding has its roots deeply embedded in counter culture and that's a good thing, skateboarding should be about freedom and exploration and absolutely to an extent breaking the rules, skating street spots etc.

But when skaters just comes across like a bunch of thugs, fighting, knocking passers by over and in general just behaving like scum, that's what they become, scum.

Skateboarding needs to take a stand and look itself in the mirror. I work for Red Bull as a filmer / photographer and I can honestly say that more and more corporate sponsors will not stand for this. One can complain that Nike etc is ruining skateboarding, but maybe a somewhat cleaner image is exactly what skateboarding needs to move forward. I'm not saying no to rebellion and counter culture, just criminal and childish behavior.

With regards to the SF incident it is a tragedy all around. Dan has has his and his family's life changed forever and skateboarding is right to reach out and offer condolences and financial support.

However you look at it though, Jesse is also a victim, a victim of a culture that has been allowed to go on far too long and that viewers and consumers have fueled by watching and buying boards etc.

How many of the people that are calling Jesse out, has laughed and shared similar videos where skaters have been in altercations with security and members of the public? If you did, you are all guilty of fueling the behavior that led to this.

Yes Jesse f..... up, as did the whole crew that was with him, but he is now being made a scapegoat for an entire culture and all the people that's been supporting that culture are turning their backs.

Jesse needs the support of the community now more than ever and I call hypocrite on most people who are slagging him off. I'm not defending what they did and they should absolutely pay for it, but I see this as an opportunity for skateboarding to come together and move forward to a better place.
[close]

Of course, virtuous corporations will save skateboarding!

Not at all, skateboarders will, but they might need a push to take the right direction. Unless you condone this kind of behavior in which case I don't think my comment was for you.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #1116 on: February 01, 2019, 06:24:29 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Hilarious, if you read what I said you'd realise that's not the point all.

lol ok

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #1117 on: February 01, 2019, 06:53:38 AM »
First of all a skateboard was never used on dan in this altercation...secondly it was his walkie talkie that was smashed next to his head on Dan’s first fall not a punch. Thirdly Jesse was not the initial instigator of the incident, take a closer look at video....1st skater-whom i wont name-back 50’s ledge almost into Dan.  That started this shit. Now it was Jesse’s decision to throw the punch that caused Dan his injury but it was the first skater that now has to consistently think the carnage he created for Jesse, GX and Dan.   Facts

just so i understand, are you saying when Dan is on the ground the first time, what looks like someone punch him when he is down is actually someone throwing a walkie talkie down next to him?

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #1118 on: February 01, 2019, 07:04:41 AM »
watching the footage again i can now see that it does look more like a throwing motion than punching. not that it changes much in the big picture.

Beeker

• Rep: 41
« Reply #1119 on: February 01, 2019, 07:54:23 AM »
watching the footage again i can now see that it does look more like a throwing motion than punching. not that it changes much in the big picture.

You can see him pick something up immediately before that. Definitely not a punch. It also just looks like the security guy was just pushed and hit his head as a result of loosing balance and falling backwards (possibly tripping over a skateboard). It's not like they were beating on the guy, it was a freak accident in a tense situation. Notice they all were walking away when the guy came back at them. Doesn't look like there was any attempt to actually hurt the guy. Sometimes really bad shit just happens.

wake and bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 189
  • ∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1120 on: February 01, 2019, 08:19:38 AM »
First of all a skateboard was never used on dan in this altercation...secondly it was his walkie talkie that was smashed next to his head on Dan’s first fall not a punch. Thirdly Jesse was not the initial instigator of the incident, take a closer look at video....1st skater-whom i wont name-back 50’s ledge almost into Dan.  That started this shit. Now it was Jesse’s decision to throw the punch that caused Dan his injury but it was the first skater that now has to consistently think the carnage he created for Jesse, GX and Dan.   Facts

assuming you have seen the HD footage, do you think this exonerates jesse? do you think the defense is going to argue that the unnamed back 5050 skater is culpable instead (or in addition)?

even with this info, i can't see a way out for jesse. really does sound like a fucked, tense, freak situation, but at the end of the day, jesse did throw the punch. even if it wasn't the punch that did it (highly likely that it wasn't the punch), he will still be held responsible. unless there is some precedent i'm not aware of for unintended consequences.
:) I must have been tripping last night

wake and bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 189
  • ∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
« Reply #1121 on: February 01, 2019, 08:30:25 AM »
heard that, if anything it might lessen his sentencing... people make mistakes all the time and still end up in jail for them, no matter how nice/cool/friendly/loving they are. it's gonna happen to him too, and honestly as it should, actions have consequences, but it's not like he deserves 20+ years for this.
:) I must have been tripping last night

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1572
« Reply #1122 on: February 01, 2019, 08:41:19 AM »

You actually have a very valid point here but in no way, shape or form can it be used to justify someone doing a stranger's head in (and not just in court) or else you could equally justify the incriminating actions of pretty much anybody behind bars and then it's the whole prison system you're questioning (why not, but not the time and place I don't think). Being weak enough to succumb to pop culture imagery (because that's what it is) and being irresponsible to actually go through with the act are two different things and a line it takes some issues to cross.

I don't think you're being realistic thinking you're a minority for never having being able to stand that type of hi-jinx in skate videos, in reality a lot of people share your position, some always have (i.e. the piss drunk shit was disgusting to me back in the day) and maybe they actually represent the majority of people who've been calling Jesse out which would be entirely logical?

he is now being made a scapegoat for an entire culture

No man come on, he made himself that scapegoat. A horrible thing to do in the first place without a fucking question but also in this case, in selfish terms of personal rep, bad time and place. With the internet shit like this just can't go unnoticed anymore as much as it would back in the 90's when people were a lot more isolated and anonymous. Now one could argue about Big Brother shit having become real, the people watching and snitching on one another through screens etc. but that would be besides the point as the real question is, would you rather let such behaviors get unnoticed? Do you reckon society would be better without its modern sophistication and all its pros and cons including crimes slipping through the cracks?

edit - just saw the above posts so the following may be unnecessary now, but

Also I would encourage getyourfaxstraight and Jesse's crew to stop antagonizing SLAP as a whole and realize this is the place they can try and turn public opinion around if they think they have the elements it takes to do so and can expose some of them publicly at this point. This thread seems full of people who've not bothered reading up on more than its first few pages, when the news were still fresh and before everybody established no skateboards were used in the fight, etc. so they're bound to catch a wave of nonsense from these guys but if they have a different version they can share that would somehow justify the terrible behavior displayed on the security footage (which honestly looks completely unjustifiable, good luck) then here is the place to do so in a constructive manner as opposed to isolated IG posts that are only talk to your little crew, that will only fuel the division and you'll catch flack for. A lot of people in this thread were GX fans before this shit show and it's not their fault your fight was publicized, at all. But it was and now your followers only have footage of you displaying some disgusting behavior to go off one. If anything those 40 pages prove that really nobody ever wanted this shit, but now it's you guys' and nobody's going back, so if you have arguments you can legally make public or even obscure hints to elements missing to the public version of the story then maybe you should dare to try and bring them.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 08:43:30 AM by silhouette »

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 317
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1123 on: February 01, 2019, 08:43:34 AM »
^^^^Yup. Look at Cory Kennedy. Not purposely done but still his reponsibility and he got years in prison. Jesse will do the same. 

I hope his boys are the ones that try and get him some money for his legal fees and not a gofundme with money from strangers. Seems only right.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #1124 on: February 01, 2019, 09:10:37 AM »
You admit Jessie is not the instigator but he still punched the guy and you believe he’s innocent???????? Would not be surprised if more than one person used violence at this point and won’t come forth.

Sanka Coffie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
  • The best push-cart driver in all of Jamaica
« Reply #1125 on: February 01, 2019, 09:29:04 AM »
Not gonna lie, shit talking his girlfriend for starting a gofundme (that eventually got taken down) is pretty fucking wack. Not advocating the incident or on Jesse's side on this, but it's pretty unsurprising that someone would reach out for help for someone they're in a relationship with. I'm sure 90% of you, if involved in some sus behavior that resulted in needing legal help, would have a significant other or relative start a gofundme on your behalf. If you don't like it, don't donate.

Skateforever

« Reply #1126 on: February 01, 2019, 09:30:56 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You actually have a very valid point here but in no way, shape or form can it be used to justify someone doing a stranger's head in (and not just in court) or else you could equally justify the incriminating actions of pretty much anybody behind bars and then it's the whole prison system you're questioning (why not, but not the time and place I don't think). Being weak enough to succumb to pop culture imagery (because that's what it is) and being irresponsible to actually go through with the act are two different things and a line it takes some issues to cross.

Expand Quote
[close]

I don't think you're being realistic thinking you're a minority for never having being able to stand that type of hi-jinx in skate videos, in reality a lot of people share your position, some always have (i.e. the piss drunk shit was disgusting to me back in the day) and maybe they actually represent the majority of people who've been calling Jesse out which would be entirely logical?

Expand Quote
he is now being made a scapegoat for an entire culture
[close]

No man come on, he made himself that scapegoat. A horrible thing to do in the first place without a fucking question but also in this case, in selfish terms of personal rep, bad time and place. With the internet shit like this just can't go unnoticed anymore as much as it would back in the 90's when people were a lot more isolated and anonymous. Now one could argue about Big Brother shit having become real, the people watching and snitching on one another through screens etc. but that would be besides the point as the real question is, would you rather let such behaviors get unnoticed? Do you reckon society would be better without its modern sophistication and all its pros and cons including crimes slipping through the cracks?

edit - just saw the above posts so the following may be unnecessary now, but

Also I would encourage getyourfaxstraight and Jesse's crew to stop antagonizing SLAP as a whole and realize this is the place they can try and turn public opinion around if they think they have the elements it takes to do so and can expose some of them publicly at this point. This thread seems full of people who've not bothered reading up on more than its first few pages, when the news were still fresh and before everybody established no skateboards were used in the fight, etc. so they're bound to catch a wave of nonsense from these guys but if they have a different version they can share that would somehow justify the terrible behavior displayed on the security footage (which honestly looks completely unjustifiable, good luck) then here is the place to do so in a constructive manner as opposed to isolated IG posts that are only talk to your little crew, that will only fuel the division and you'll catch flack for. A lot of people in this thread were GX fans before this shit show and it's not their fault your fight was publicized, at all. But it was and now your followers only have footage of you displaying some disgusting behavior to go off one. If anything those 40 pages prove that really nobody ever wanted this shit, but now it's you guys' and nobody's going back, so if you have arguments you can legally make public or even obscure hints to elements missing to the public version of the story then maybe you should dare to try and bring them.

You make some really good points man and I largely agree with you. Maybe I phrased my text wrong,  as you say a lot of things I believe in too.

Also really glad to hear I'm not in the minority, it often seems that way reading people's responses on here.

I absolutely don't want things to go unnoticed, I want to call it out all the time. Don't quite know where you would have got that from what I said. But to be clear I'm totally against it and definitely want it highlighted and stopped as it let's everyone in skateboarding down.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 746
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #1127 on: February 01, 2019, 09:31:02 AM »
^^^^go back a re-read what i wrote. Never said Jesse was innocent, quite the opposite...but wanted the True facts to be here so he isnt painted as the monster he is here on this forum.  2 punches were thrown -the 1st by Dan and the 2nd by Jesse...jesse couldve ended up in Dans position...the cards were against Dan that day.  Everyone involved lost huge here as does the city of San Francisco, the skaters who live there and this amazing skate spot

GX's angle:
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1140
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1128 on: February 01, 2019, 09:46:27 AM »
Do you guys think the people at the security guard forum have sleeper cells in here doing recon like we did on them a few weeks ago?
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #1129 on: February 01, 2019, 09:51:45 AM »
Everyone on that crew is the instigator in the situation for continuing to skate there after told to go away numerous times, moving fences etc. There are always those awful kids in middle school who realize that teachers can't legally hit you and just do everything to be assholes to them, and the level of entitlement in some skate crews feels just like that.

Either try to bribe the security or just go behind the corner for 15minutes and try to get your shit quick.

Get the strap

« Reply #1130 on: February 01, 2019, 10:55:26 AM »
The level of entitlement is fucking crazy...I bet these kooks will still try and convince everyone that they did nothing wrong when homeboy Jesse is locked up.

Trickflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
« Reply #1131 on: February 01, 2019, 11:14:04 AM »
The level of entitlement is fucking crazy...I bet these kooks will still try and convince everyone that they did nothing wrong when homeboy Jesse is locked up.
You obviously are not up to date in this situation

Get the strap

« Reply #1132 on: February 01, 2019, 11:16:24 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
You obviously are not up to date in this situation

Obviously? What the fuck did I miss?

TITANIUM NIPPLES

• Rep: -5
« Reply #1133 on: February 01, 2019, 02:53:22 PM »
This kid and CK need to be photoshopped into the Two Felons shop photo.

skatedudesmokeguy

• Rep: -12
« Reply #1134 on: February 01, 2019, 04:25:18 PM »
Been hearing there is a different story now but no one is saying anything  ::)

Switch_fsflip_noseslide

• Rep: -27
  • Nobody steals from Creed Bratton
« Reply #1135 on: February 01, 2019, 05:48:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
New fundraiser - https://gogetfunding.com/jessevieiralegalfees/

"In addition, I would like to thank those that attempted to contributed on gofundme.com. Unfortunately, that platform didn't work out; people who contributed there are getting their money refunded. Thank you again."
[close]

this one started by his GF...you pals think she'll stick by him if he looses and serves time
[close]

Awwww why’d you do that lady!?

That's gold right there😅
Also the way it was said in "roll ups" made me laugh enough that it masked the real situation until about the 7th time I watched and realized that while I was laughing at a pedestrian get mowed down. Felt like a dick for a few days.

"Whyd you do that Jesse!?"
"Giovanni Reda sleeps with the fishes"

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 246
« Reply #1136 on: February 02, 2019, 01:03:37 AM »
^^^no he is pretty much fckd in this situation....I only brought to light the facts so that the majority of you will give jesse a bit of a break in the harsh words being spoken about him by none of you who even know him.  This absolutely was a freak accident in which he did not intend for dan to recieve the results he was given. The back 50’r was punched in the face by Dan and Dan then threw his board into the street which heightened everyones reactions
I don't see a board getting thrown into the street or him throwing the first punch in the extended security footage that was on the NBC news twitter. It appears he grabs the guys board after he continued to skate the ledges and move the barricades.

While, no one planned for this guy to be in this position, legally, he seems fucked. They were trespassing, asked to leave, they continued to move barricades set-up to stop them from skating, a security guy grabs a board after a bunch of provocation and ends up in a coma.

I mean, staying around for one more try, and shit may seem normalized for a skater. But, to 12 citizens who show up for jury duty? It just seems like a bunch of punks escalating a conflict, which led to a terrible result.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 01:06:21 AM by DannyDee »

Hastings

• Rep: 37
« Reply #1137 on: February 02, 2019, 01:20:25 AM »
Not directly, but pretty much connected.

When I was a little shit bag, I would of never dream of pushing over a old dude like that even if he was trying to grab my board.

Fuck this entitled mentality.

Also I hope things work out for Jesse the best they can, it is all pretty fucked though.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #1138 on: February 02, 2019, 02:59:21 AM »
Not directly, but pretty much connected.

When I was a little shit bag, I would of never dream of pushing over a old dude like that even if he was trying to grab my board.

Fuck this entitled mentality.

Also I hope things work out for Jesse the best they can, it is all pretty fucked though.

wow.. That was interesting to watch. I know I have said this many times. But that was beyond fucking wack. Those kids think they are so hard, pushing over older people, fucking up stores so they can get views on instagram or some lame shit.

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -24
« Reply #1139 on: February 02, 2019, 08:24:07 AM »
This kid and CK need to be photoshopped into the Two Felons shop photo.

Fuck that why do people keep comparing Cory. THAT was an accident, GX loves violence.

And where are Jesse's boys on the wanted poster? They gonna let him take the fall for all of them.

As for those little fucks on that IG post, my girls daughter is in high school, acting like those kids are the new thing. "Savages" is what they claim