Author Topic: Security guard beaten at SF Black Rock  (Read 376242 times)

Cool Ceith

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
  • Did someone say sassy?
Re: Security guard beaten at SF Black Rock
« Reply #1560 on: May 09, 2019, 03:35:10 PM »
@Tortfeasor Have you seen this article in the SF Weekly? Basically every law having to do with skateboarding in the city: http://www.sfweekly.com/sponsored/skateboard-friendly-zones-in-s-f/

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -24
« Reply #1561 on: May 09, 2019, 03:51:27 PM »
https://abc7news.com/sf-judge-declares-mistrial-in-skateboard-attack-on-security-guard/5289629/

WOW! He got off scott free. That's insane. I mean I wasn't wishing a harsh sentence or anything but I'm surprised the jury was deadlocked. Were half the jurors GX1000 crew?

If people thought Dan deserved it or was attacking them enough to get his come-uppance then I really want to see those other videos.

Corky Thatcher

• Rep: -21
« Reply #1562 on: May 09, 2019, 03:57:47 PM »

WOW! He got off scott free. That's insane. I mean I wasn't wishing a harsh sentence or anything but I'm surprised the jury was deadlocked. Were half the jurors GX1000 crew?

If people thought Dan deserved it or was attacking them enough to get his come-uppance then I really want to see those other videos.

I looked into it and he spent 6 months in jail during this, plus the ptsd he'll have to deal with for the rest of his life. Hardly getting off scott free. I agree with the people who said there are no winners here.

Ocelot

« Reply #1563 on: May 09, 2019, 04:00:31 PM »
damn, that's a sad outcome

breakingthewaves

• Rep: -4
« Reply #1564 on: May 09, 2019, 04:41:41 PM »

i wouldn't say scott free. as mentioned he did do five months in jail and lost a good friend during the trial extremely tragically. the pablo thing is fucking heavy. and he has to live with what happened to dan jansen. monday is a wild card. the prosecutor could decide to re-try, or pressure him into a plea deal (although the mistrial works heavily against the prosecution). and a possible civil case. but if they don't reprosecute and no civil case is launched, he is in a technical sense walking away from this.

i've mentioned this a few times, but i think the other videos (which we haven't seen) just weren't conclusive. nothing like the reddit video that was posted a few pages back. there is a balance between the strength of the prosecution's case and the strength of the defense in the final outcome. a 6-6 hung jury doesn't lend credibility to any of the actions at black rock that day.

there have been a few low points in the 56 pages, but also a lot of great insight and discussion about the case. i definitely learned a few things.
You and your fucking radio

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #1565 on: May 09, 2019, 05:19:53 PM »
Can you get some compensation for doing 5 months before found not guilty?

Corky Thatcher

« Reply #1566 on: May 09, 2019, 05:21:42 PM »

He wasn't found not guilty. It was a mistrial. But to answer your question, no.

breakingthewaves

« Reply #1567 on: May 09, 2019, 05:31:22 PM »

i don't think, but if you're guilty it goes towards your sentence sometimes. some people get compensations if they get off the hook after the guilty verdict and the sentence has begun. these are usually landmark events and they almost always have to sue for it.

but i think that if he was in jail before the trial and it was a mistrial, he won't get anything. he didn't get bail because he lied about his involvement before his arrest.

Corky Thatcher

« Reply #1568 on: May 09, 2019, 05:36:37 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i don't think, but if you're guilty it goes towards your sentence sometimes. some people get compensations if they get off the hook after the guilty verdict and the sentence has begun. these are usually landmark events and they almost always have to sue for it.

but i think that if he was in jail before the trial and it was a mistrial, he won't get anything. he didn't get bail because he lied about his involvement before his arrest.

How do you know this? Plus, what about all the others involved that let this guy take the fall alone. Those guys are the true pieces of shit here.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 814
« Reply #1569 on: May 09, 2019, 06:28:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

How do you know this? Plus, what about all the others involved that let this guy take the fall alone. Those guys are the true pieces of shit here.

"take the fall alone"...they had multiple video angles over everybody there.  do you really think the prosecution didn't know who everyone was?  with GX himself handing the footage over?  they didn't charge them because they didn't have anything on them or it wasn't worth their time. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Dustwardprez

« Reply #1570 on: May 09, 2019, 06:46:14 PM »
I called it. Always take it to the hoop. Never ever take a plea

no life

• Rep: -31
« Reply #1571 on: May 09, 2019, 06:49:21 PM »
good joke

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -24
« Reply #1572 on: May 09, 2019, 07:57:27 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I looked into it and he spent 6 months in jail during this, plus the ptsd he'll have to deal with for the rest of his life. Hardly getting off scott free. I agree with the people who said there are no winners here.

Gimme a fucking break. Imagine if these charges stuck:

Arrested For   245(A)(1) - Assault w/Deadly Weapon Or Assault w/Force Likely To Produce GBI
664/187(A) - Attempted Willful / Deliberate / Premeditated Murder
245(A)(4) - Assault w/Deadly Weapon Likely To Produce GBI

from

https://www.localcrimenews.com/welcome/arrest/33591022/jesse-vieira-arrest.html

The six months in county would be a pleasant vacation compared to a sentence of any of those charges sticking.

Googan Christmas

• Rep: 25
« Reply #1573 on: May 09, 2019, 08:57:49 PM »
I called it. Always take it to the hoop. Never ever take a plea

That’s some idiotic advice, but it’s amusing and imagining you telling your lawyer, “I say we take it to the hoop”.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #1574 on: May 09, 2019, 09:01:34 PM »
Then he says "From the paint, dog." and daps you up.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

papo

• Rep: -191
« Reply #1575 on: May 09, 2019, 11:03:09 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Don’t be ridiculous, that other guy has half his head missing..

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
« Reply #1576 on: May 10, 2019, 05:36:05 AM »
pretty ironic looking back to the first thread and reading everyone that was all "fuck you for saying gx had any influence on this behavior!!!! focus your account loser!!!!!"
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

breakingthewaves

« Reply #1577 on: May 10, 2019, 06:00:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

it was mentioned in an article covering the bail hearing.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/crime/article/Security-guard-left-with-brain-injury-after-fight-13509942.php

Judge Coffese disagreed with Rappaport’s assessment, saying Vieira “chose to interact and assault the victim and then give a statement that he wasn’t involved.”

if you watch the video, the other guys are just scuffling with the guard, and the guard fought back a bit at the beginning. only jesse connects anything. i just don't see what the other guys in his crew did wrong (after the incident). they seemed to support their friend fully.

also, for the record, these guys were acting like huge jackasses at the spot before the fight broke out. also, the fight was needless and dan jansen deserved none of what happened. and i think that there is a certain shared moral responsibility for this.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 06:21:22 AM by breakingthewaves »

Googan Christmas

• Rep: 25
« Reply #1578 on: May 10, 2019, 06:35:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

https://www.sfchronicle.com/crime/article/Security-guard-left-with-brain-injury-after-fight-13509942.php

Judge Coffese disagreed with Rappaport’s assessment, saying Vieira “chose to interact and assault the victim and then give a statement that he wasn’t involved.”

if you watch the video, the other guys are just scuffling with the guard, and the guard fought back a bit at the beginning. only jesse connects anything. i just don't see what the other guys in his crew did wrong (after the incident). they seemed to support their friend fully.

also, for the record, these guys were acting like huge jackasses at the spot before the fight broke out. also, the fight was needless and dan jansen deserved none of what happened. and i think that there is a certain shared moral responsibility for this.

How do you know the huge jackasses part? I saw the movie barricades and with the result one could assume, but just curious if there is more stuff I’m not seeing.

Edit: it does sound pretty bad in the linked article.  It really does surprise me that he got off.  This whole situation is a real bummer, imagine needing a crane like devise to get into a wheel chair and not knowing who anyone is and not having a skull.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 06:45:45 AM by Googan Christmas »

Ocelot

« Reply #1579 on: May 10, 2019, 07:02:43 AM »
GX just dabbed on the SF legal system

gotta cop that new drop too, my boys gotta get paid

Ocelot

« Reply #1580 on: May 10, 2019, 07:24:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
Unsuprisingly, you're missing the point again. Fueled by emotion, angry that your idea of what justice would be was not what actually happened–but that's how it works. People who actually saw all the evidence decided that they could not agree to find him guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. They straight up ignored your opinion - how could they!!??.

Please volunteer to go to jail for six months and then explain to everyone how conveinient and comfortable that was. That it was such a non-issue that you'd do it again.

how about you take out half your skull and see how convenient it is for your family when you can't recognize any of them

papo

• Rep: -191
« Reply #1581 on: May 10, 2019, 07:32:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
Unsuprisingly, you're missing the point again. Fueled by emotion, angry that your idea of what justice would be was not what actually happened–but that's how it works. People who actually saw all the evidence decided that they could not agree to find him guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. They straight up ignored your opinion - how could they!!??.

Please volunteer to go to jail for six months and then explain to everyone how conveinient and comfortable that was. That it was such a non-issue that you'd do it again.
[close]

how about you take out half your skull and see how convenient it is for your family when you can't recognize any of them

I wouldnt even bother explaining to this loser with his flawed logic.

Ocelot

« Reply #1582 on: May 10, 2019, 07:53:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
You better skitch on down to the courthouse and tell them that they did it wrong.

lol, nice pun about pablo

talklessSkateMore

• Rep: -40
« Reply #1583 on: May 10, 2019, 07:55:49 AM »
KaRefULL hEz a BRotHeR
it said to learn how to tie for a reason.
This is all structured as a trap.
Tied by those who know the fundamentals.

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #1584 on: May 10, 2019, 09:59:37 AM »
Speaking of skitching, another skater passed away this week… RIP: https://kgab.com/wyoming-man-dies-from-injuries-in-skateboarding-accident/

SIMPLY

• Rep: 32
« Reply #1585 on: May 10, 2019, 10:00:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
You better skitch on down to the courthouse and tell them that they did it wrong.
[close]

lol, nice pun about pablo
[close]
Clearly Pablo invented skitching.

"Hear ye, hear ye! Let it be known, SLAP kindom - From this point forward, all references to skitching will be interpreted to be a reference to Pablo." - Ocelot

Really tasteless, dude.

breakingthewaves

« Reply #1586 on: May 10, 2019, 10:42:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

How do you know the huge jackasses part? I saw the movie barricades and with the result one could assume, but just curious if there is more stuff I’m not seeing.

Edit: it does sound pretty bad in the linked article.  It really does surprise me that he got off.  This whole situation is a real bummer, imagine needing a crane like devise to get into a wheel chair and not knowing who anyone is and not having a skull.

Just from watching the first ten seconds of the video where they’re removing the barricades as he’s putting them up and skating right in front of him while he’s putting them up. Just my take on their behaviour.

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1587 on: May 10, 2019, 10:49:10 AM »
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but if the victim and his family find out/ know these guys work/contract for thrasher there could be a civil suit.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 746
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #1588 on: May 10, 2019, 10:53:18 AM »
I love reading this thread. It always leaves me feeling calmer and more at one with the skateboarding community #thankyouskateboarding
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 99
« Reply #1589 on: May 10, 2019, 10:57:23 AM »
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but if the victim and his family find out/ know these guys work/contract for thrasher there could be a civil suit.

Civil suit can only go after Jesse's assets or future earnings and you can only garnish 25% of the person's wages while collecting from a civil suit. 
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---