Author Topic: Security guard beaten at SF Black Rock  (Read 376259 times)

heavy metal harvey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -6
Re: Security guard beaten at SF Black Rock
« Reply #1710 on: July 25, 2019, 02:33:56 PM »
neal mims?!

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1711 on: July 25, 2019, 02:52:25 PM »
Ok we’re seeing GX footage finally.

So they long haired dude who is not Jesse who got his board tossed pushed the guard first, then the guard swung on Jesse who had done nothing to him and and Jesse reacted. Clear self defense?

Still Tippin

• Rep: -33
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1712 on: July 25, 2019, 02:56:33 PM »

So they long haired dude who is not Jesse who got his board tossed pushed the guard first, then the guard swung on Jesse who had done nothing to him and and Jesse reacted. Clear self defense?
You're leaving out the part where Jesse spikes the guard's radio into the ground a few feet away from him while he's still on the ground. Not necessarily a direct act of violence, but still a bit far from "doing nothing"

midevilco

« Reply #1713 on: July 25, 2019, 02:59:34 PM »

In the security camera view, you can see someone (I'm assuming Jesse) cheap shot the guard when he is on the ground and basically neutralized.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
« Reply #1714 on: July 25, 2019, 03:06:21 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

In the security camera view, you can see someone (I'm assuming Jesse) cheap shot the guard when he is on the ground and basically neutralized.

Yea nevm that would take away any self defense. Back to fuck Jesse if that’s how it went down.

Beeker

• Rep: 41
« Reply #1715 on: July 25, 2019, 03:20:31 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Are you aware that the footage from the two different cameras are the same reality? I feel like I'm losing my mind... The skater footage that shows no one punching the guard on the ground is literally the same reality as the security footage.

What the fuck is going on with you people?

Kekumba

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1716 on: July 25, 2019, 03:24:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Are you aware that the footage from the two different cameras are the same reality? I feel like I'm losing my mind... The skater footage that shows no one punching the guard on the ground is literally the same reality as the security footage.

I was thinking the same thing...he reached down to grab the radio and then smashed it on the ground.

midevilco

« Reply #1717 on: July 25, 2019, 03:29:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

It's called multiple angles, is it really that confusing to you?

Beeker

« Reply #1718 on: July 25, 2019, 04:08:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Multiple angles of the same exact moment in time, of which WE CAN SEE IN HD THAT HE DOES NOT GET PUNCHED ON THE GROUND. Are you watching the new footage? Even in the security footage it doesn't look like he gets punched, BUT... if it did... we now get to see UP CLOSE that he does not. That means you are mistaken by what you see in the other angle, because despite being different angles, they are the same reality. There's not footage of him getting punched, but also footage of him not getting punched. It's science... he didn't get punched on the ground.

weon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #1719 on: July 25, 2019, 04:36:57 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
You're leaving out the part where Jesse spikes the guard's radio into the ground a few feet away from him while he's still on the ground. Not necessarily a direct act of violence, but still a bit far from "doing nothing"
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 801
« Reply #1720 on: July 25, 2019, 04:43:13 PM »
Looks like he got pushed/punched and fell backwards over a board. As soon as his noggin hits the ground everyone started to bolt. Super unfortunate circumstances.

midevilco

« Reply #1721 on: July 25, 2019, 05:06:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Multiple angles of the same exact moment in time, of which WE CAN SEE IN HD THAT HE DOES NOT GET PUNCHED ON THE GROUND. Are you watching the new footage? Even in the security footage it doesn't look like he gets punched, BUT... if it did... we now get to see UP CLOSE that he does not. That means you are mistaken by what you see in the other angle, because despite being different angles, they are the same reality. There's not footage of him getting punched, but also footage of him not getting punched. It's science... he didn't get punched on the ground.

The first angle did not conclusively prove or disprove anything. The security angle filled in what wasn't seen on camera in the first angle. He clearly approached and either hit or threw something at the guard. It is right there on camera. Are you really that dense?

weon

• SLAP Pal
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #1722 on: July 25, 2019, 05:16:48 PM »
hadn't noticed Chico is there... that's a huge bummer...  :'(
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 05:18:57 PM by Weon »

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 814
« Reply #1723 on: July 25, 2019, 06:19:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

this.  also he Jesse is clearly retreating with the guard is attacking him, and he swings at the guard while CLEARLY moving backwards to get away.  Jesse and someone else struggle with the guard, who is still trying to attack, when the guard falls back and hit his head.  He fell because of the struggle, not because someone hit him. 

The guard was the aggressor.  Jesse didn't even have anything to do with the initial confrontation.  He was just standing there when the guard got up and charged at him.  I can't fathom how some of you, having watched a much better up close and higher quality angle, are still denying the reality it shows and are bent on throwing another skater under the bus.  Its tragic what happened to that guy, but I think any of us would have defended ourselves in a similar situation. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

RIDEFLANNELV2

• Rep: 50
« Reply #1724 on: July 25, 2019, 06:27:51 PM »
I dunno. I probably wouldn’t have thrown the goddamn walkie talkie at him after my friend assaulted him. That is aggressive. But I guess to each there own.

They should have left. End of story.

Here Come The Lame Jets

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 828
« Reply #1725 on: July 25, 2019, 06:35:30 PM »
this.  also he Jesse is clearly retreating with the guard is attacking him, and he swings at the guard while CLEARLY moving backwards to get away.  Jesse and someone else struggle with the guard, who is still trying to attack, when the guard falls back and hit his head.  He fell because of the struggle, not because someone hit him. 

The guard was the aggressor.  Jesse didn't even have anything to do with the initial confrontation.  He was just standing there when the guard got up and charged at him.  I can't fathom how some of you, having watched a much better up close and higher quality angle, are still denying the reality it shows and are bent on throwing another skater under the bus.  Its tragic what happened to that guy, but I think any of us would have defended ourselves in a similar situation.

I mean I would never have found myself in a similar situation because I'm not a dick and I understand the guy is just doing his job and I would have left when he asked me to. I sure as shit wouldn't have antagonized him and moved barriers. I don't care who threw the first punch, when you start doing that shit you're at fault for the entire situation in my book.

It's not as if there's a shortage of street spots in SF, or any other city for that matter. Fucking act like an adult and go somewhere else. You have no right to be there in the first place so don't get pissy when they ask you to leave. Move on, and come back later when the coast is clear if you're that intent on getting the clip. This shit isn't rocket surgery.

Beeker

« Reply #1726 on: July 25, 2019, 06:41:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

The first angle did not conclusively prove or disprove anything. The security angle filled in what wasn't seen on camera in the first angle. He clearly approached and either hit or threw something at the guard. It is right there on camera. Are you really that dense?

The moment that you see on the security cam that he "either hits or throws something at the guard" you can sync up with the new footage that shows he is in fact not getting hit. The camera is on the guard the whole time(!!), so despite not being able to see the skater, you know he is not punching the guard because you are watching close up footage of the guard at that moment. You can tell (in both) that the skater was throwing something on the ground, in an attempt to smash it (hint: it's his walkie talkie). I very well may be a total idiot, but I am legitimately confused that people are arguing this, I'll try to stop. Shalom to all.

hateboard

• Rep: -277
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #1727 on: July 25, 2019, 06:55:55 PM »
Pretty clear that it was an accident, its not like they trucked him in the head or romper stomped the guy. If the security guard fell after being pushed and smashed his head on ground thats unfortunate but not something that was pre-meditated. I think at most a heap of community service would be a good outcome for all. Putting Jesse in jail is not helping anyone.

And to all the judgementals in this thread who preach from behind their keyboards, this could have happened to any one of you. We’ve all been there, its a lot easier to walk when the security is being civil but when theres escalation from both ends all kinds of crazy shit can happen. I would have pushed a guard if they pushed me and I bet many of you would have too at some point in your lives.

winecrab

• Rep: -176
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1728 on: July 25, 2019, 07:25:07 PM »
Cool, it only took 62 pages for people to realize that Jesse did not cave the guys skull in with his skateboard. It sucks that he's getting re-tried though.

Rick_Kane

« Reply #1729 on: July 25, 2019, 07:28:36 PM »
Hard to tell, but it looks like Dan stumbled over a board on the ground, but the way he went down suggests he was knocked out prior to the fall. However, when he went down the first time he fell back awkwardly the same way. Looks like he's just not very coordinated when it comes to falling down, as most people aren't. It's heartbreaking to hear his head hit the ground and see him laying there like that. I don't think any of the skaters deserve to be jailed seeing how it was an unfortunate chain of events, but Dela definitely seems like the instigator that started it all. Good to see the filmer extend a hand to help him up after the first fall and suggest calling an ambulance after the second.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 07:30:30 PM by Rick_Kane »

weon

• SLAP Pal
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #1730 on: July 25, 2019, 07:57:14 PM »
Cool, it only took 62 pages for people to realize that Jesse did not cave the guys skull in with his skateboard. It sucks that he's getting re-tried though.

It doesn't appear to have been a hit, but at 0:17 of the GX video and 0:26 of the CCTV it is clear that Jesse's board is swung at head level, which is really not a good look and maybe where the deadly weapon thing came up.

Expand Quote
[close]
The moment that you see on the security cam that he "either hits or throws something at the guard" you can sync up with the new footage that shows he is in fact not getting hit. The camera is on the guard the whole time(!!), so despite not being able to see the skater, you know he is not punching the guard because you are watching close up footage of the guard at that moment. You can tell (in both) that the skater was throwing something on the ground, in an attempt to smash it (hint: it's his walkie talkie). I very well may be a total idiot, but I am legitimately confused that people are arguing this, I'll try to stop. Shalom to all.

Also, whether he wanted to smash the walkie talkie or hit him with it is also up in the air—Dan raises his hand and leans away from Jesse as he chucks it. It was an intimidation or an attack, not a natural response. From the ground it probably looked like an attack, which infuriated him further and made him go after Jesse once he got up. Pushing and shoving is usually the start of any confrontation, but don't tell me "any of us" would have grabbed the radio and smashed it at him while he was on the ground.

Anywho, I feel these too:
They should have left. End of story.
“To a degree, we are all guilty.” - case closed.
It's heartbreaking to hear his head hit the ground and see him laying there like that.

winecrab

• Rep: -176
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1731 on: July 25, 2019, 08:07:46 PM »
So does slap fuck with GX1000 again or naw?

links, pics, and quotes

« Reply #1732 on: July 25, 2019, 09:09:01 PM »

:-\

nasalcrilltobackpaddle

« Reply #1733 on: July 26, 2019, 02:30:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
That dude wasnt out there to talk he was out there to be a fuckin tough guy.
[close]

Tries to get people to stop skating the ledges (because that's his fucking job). Tosses a board into the street out of frustration from obviously nobody complying with him trying to get people to stop skating the ledges. Gets shoved by a member of a group who then approaches him again, and then he attempts to defend himself as one person against a group of potential aggressors...and you say he's out there being "a fuckin tough guy". Ok.
[close]
The guard's job is to get people to stop skating the ledges, but attacking perpetrators goes beyond his job duties. When it reached that point (which it absolutely should not have, and that's not initially his fault), he should have gone inside and called the cops. I know he had previously spoken online about his frustration and desire to attack skateboarders, so his hands are hardly clean. He also blindly lashed out at someone who, as the video shows, hadn't instigated the attack or acted aggressively towards him.

Bottom line: there is shared responsibility, and every single person involved should have just walked the fuck away.
[close]
Attacking perpetrators seems like a pretty dishonest interpretation of what happened. He attempted to get people to stop skateboarding and a skateboarder instigated an attack on him. I doubt most people would think "I was just shoved. I should go inside, call the police and wait patiently". The guy thought he was being attacked, because he was, and went into defense mode. He got pitched to the ground and somebody off camera definitely threw his walkie or something at him. He got up to confront that person and got surrounded.

Should he have retreated and gone inside? Sure. Was he the instigator in this situation? Absolutely fucking not.
[close]
I didn't say he was the instigator (that's clearly DeLa), and I don't consider his scuffle with DeLa to be an "attack," but he became an attacker when he got up and charged Jesse. I rewatched the video and after DeLa pushed him to the ground, he had a clear path to leave, grab his walkie, go inside, and diffuse the situation (which, again, EVERYONE INVOLVED SHOULD HAVE DONE, not just the guard). At that point he chose to continue the fight, to everyone's detriment, and Jesse unfortunately chose to retaliate. If Dan was under the impression he was being attacked by 10+ dudes, I don't know what he was thinking by continuing to fight. He's not expected to die for the granite in front of the Bank of America, that goes far beyond his job training and responsibilities.

The inevitable civil case is going to be steamy. Thrasher is bound to get involved.

Damn, you've gone full person with this analysis

fftc

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1734 on: July 26, 2019, 03:51:16 AM »
It's all just argy bargy until Jesse throws the radio at his head (which looked on the security cam footage like it might have been a punch but I now accept was a radio being thrown at his head. Not sure which is worse.).
After that point you can see that the security guard has lost it and he gets up to go after Jesse, which I'm pretty sure is the same thing most of us would do. That the serious brain injury appears to be an unfortunate circumstance of the fall does not change the fact that the moment of aggression that changed the incident from something pretty minor to something a lot bigger was Jesse throwing the radio.

I'm not at all down with security guards over reaching their remit and when they do it is only to be expected that a middle aged fat guy is likely to come off worse against a group of fit 20-30 somethings. You reap what you sow. But this is not what I see in this case. Long hair shouldn't of reacted the way he did to his board being tossed. Both he and the security guard could have stepped back to stop the confrontation, but Jesse escalated it and was involved in creating the final outcome. I'd be convicting for that!

Surf-goth

• Rep: -678
« Reply #1735 on: July 26, 2019, 05:50:31 AM »

I don't know about slap but I do
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #1736 on: July 26, 2019, 06:02:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

:-\

Was probably on his way to film some ill lines at EMB

fongool

• Rep: 94
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1737 on: July 26, 2019, 06:12:28 AM »
life comes at you fast and this video really illustrates that. one minute you're out enjoying yourself skating with the crew and the next, a serious incident has occurred leaving another person brain damaged and you in jail. reminds me of a friend who did 5 years in prison after being provoked into a bar fight out of nowhere. also makes me think of my numerous past run-ins with security and how things could have gone sideways like this real quick.

the security guard overstepped his boundaries here and you really can't deny that. his responsibility is to verbally request for people to leave the property. if that request isn't complied with then he should refer the situation to the local police - that's it. a security guard is not in a position of power or authority over a private citizen. it seems Jansen himself may have forgotten this - why else would you physically provoke a group of 10 by yourself? would he have pulled up on a group of 10 gangbangers and started grabbing their personal property and throwing it in the street?

furthermore, this incident was clearly not pre-meditated in any way and was merely a reaction to the guard's act(s) of aggression which resulted in an unfortunate accidental outcome. they obviously did not start skating the property with the intent to seriously injure the guard. we also do not know the existing dynamic between this guard and the skate community. certainly they have encountered each other before - was this an ongoing contentious scenario?

anyhow, I'm sure every person involved here wishes they could roll back time and walk away to live another day in health and freedom.

Ocelot

« Reply #1738 on: July 26, 2019, 06:29:35 AM »
What was thrown out at the security guard on the ground, the first time he fell? A camera?

Still leaning towards the security guard on this one, even after the GX footage.

Say what you want about security being pooseys and all that but a bunch of (hardcore) dudes in their 30s bombing a hill in broad daylight after leaving a father unconscious on the ground is pretty gay

hateboard

• Rep: -277
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #1739 on: July 26, 2019, 07:18:39 AM »

They are a rad skate crew, who had an unfortunate run in with security, and some poor guy may never solve quadratic equations again without a calculator, but gx1k are the shit, as a skate fan i put these guys in my top 3....  i dont support giving people brain damage, its sad as fuck, but skating is dangerous, and skaters get toasted all the time, how could anyone hate on gx for this? Best outcome i can see is, gx go fucking brutal hard and make a vid and donate sales to old mates healthcare. Turn the hateballs expectations on their heads... Shred for secco..