Author Topic: Security guard beaten at SF Black Rock  (Read 371286 times)

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
Re: Security guard beaten at SF Black Rock
« Reply #1920 on: April 29, 2021, 02:34:04 PM »
Expand Quote
I dunno I've worked and skated around SF from 98-11 and got shit all the time so Im not sure why both sides get so heated.
[close]

exactly. it's not like it was their first time there. they've skated black rock before and have gotten kicked out. they know how it goes.

they just don't give a fuck and it's apparent through the videos and shit you hear they don't. the entitlement in these guys is insane. like posting their van up in people's driveways blasting music and leaving beer cans in front, causing the next crew to deal with the heat caused by these guys. bars are still kinda closed so now they can't be like wallflowers anymore, creeping on all the women at oldies nite or at any of those small ass bars that get so packed they just post up outside all night. jesus, what a shitty vibe whenever these guys were around.

in the original security footage, you can see jansen setting up the barricades and then they're taking them away. of course jansen would be pissed the 2nd or 3rd time around. bully shit. then they dip to mexico for a while til it blows over like some scary-ass hoebois. now dela's living in sac scott-free and jesse's still skating on the low. funny how jamal was supposedly the one that called the ambulance, then got wrapped up in some shit himself. where's he at now, florida? throw yonnie (moved to la), al (hiding in ftc basement) & joogy (pizza box) in the mix and that whole group is toxic as fuck. it's no wonder that crew/scene is falling apart. "arrive. raise hell. leave." while everyone else is left to deal with their shit afterwards.

i mean, they shoulda left at this point:

instead, they chose to do this:

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/skateboard-attack-leaves-san-francisco-security-guard-with-brain-damage/2745/

Ever since the yonnie shit has come to light I have been thinking about how basically the majority of the main GX crew is fucked:

Yonnie - abuser/rapist
Jamal -  abuser/rapist
Joogy - abuser/rapist
Al Davis - abuser/rapist
Dela - near deadly assault
Jesse - near deadly assault

Sucks.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

LonleySk8er15

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 41
« Reply #1921 on: April 29, 2021, 04:51:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Of all this, I am particularly interested, but not surprised, to find out that Thrasher owns GX whole cloth. Makes sense, when you consider that GX is becoming something of a skater streetwear brand right as Thrasher became a little too mainstream for some.
[close]

They likely own Atlantic Drift outright as well
[close]

GX started on Slap and moved to Thrasher, they own the name. Not sure about Atlantic Drift since they are selling their own gear separately from Thrasher.
theres two trademarks filed for GX1000. One is owned by Highspeed productions for "Entertainment services in the nature of a series of short shows featuring extreme sports distributed via various platforms across multiple forms of transmission media..." The other one is owned by GX1000 LLC for hardgoods like skateboards and such.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #1922 on: April 29, 2021, 04:59:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Of all this, I am particularly interested, but not surprised, to find out that Thrasher owns GX whole cloth. Makes sense, when you consider that GX is becoming something of a skater streetwear brand right as Thrasher became a little too mainstream for some.
[close]

They likely own Atlantic Drift outright as well
[close]

GX started on Slap and moved to Thrasher, they own the name. Not sure about Atlantic Drift since they are selling their own gear separately from Thrasher.
[close]
theres two trademarks filed for GX1000. One is owned by Highspeed productions for "Entertainment services in the nature of a series of short shows featuring extreme sports distributed via various platforms across multiple forms of transmission media..." The other one is owned by GX1000 LLC for hardgoods like skateboards and such.

I’m sure it’s the same for AD which was Tony Vitello’s idea originally

50 Lions

• Rep: -57
« Reply #1923 on: April 29, 2021, 07:06:28 PM »
No it’s literally nothing like mma. Majority of mma fighters in public are usually reserved and humble and would not need back up if an altercation would occur. If these kids were skating black rock solo they probably would have listened to this man instead of disabling him for life.

Pretty much all that needs to be said

Punished Skateboards

• Rep: 61
« Reply #1924 on: July 03, 2021, 09:25:00 AM »

duniwayRobber

• Rep: -140
  • ?
« Reply #1925 on: July 03, 2021, 10:26:02 AM »
Dude in no way deserved any sort of injury from this, but suing the building owner seems like some bs. Can he not sue the actual people involved?
fuck poutine we eat pussy out here.

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -360
« Reply #1926 on: July 03, 2021, 10:26:31 AM »
That's absolutely wild and I'm sorry for that man. I hope he gets a check. I never got into the details of the situation but I can't see where any type of violence on this level is necessary in fending off security for the sake of skateboarding.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #1927 on: July 03, 2021, 10:54:40 AM »
judge should force him to be jansens psw bitch for life with an ankle bracelet that severs his foot if he tries to escape. make him clean up his piss and shit. or lock him up or send to work in a coal mine

Vomit Lust

• Rep: 83
« Reply #1928 on: July 03, 2021, 11:18:13 AM »
I don’t speak legalese. How the hell does Donald Trump factor in to this shit?

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -454
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #1929 on: July 03, 2021, 11:25:02 AM »
I don’t speak legalese. How the hell does Donald Trump factor in to this shit?
probably owns or has a stake in the building or some business in it would be my guess.

Fuck GX.

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

cky enthusiast

« Reply #1930 on: July 03, 2021, 02:21:25 PM »
damn.. i hope the real estate company that owns 555 cal isn’t affected

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 362
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1931 on: July 03, 2021, 02:37:46 PM »
Is it fucked up for me to have completely forgotten about this?  Shit just fades away these days.

ColorWheelsGraphicsOut

• Rep: 4
« Reply #1932 on: July 03, 2021, 02:39:04 PM »
It's interesting to go back to the first few pages of this thread and see how much the tone of the discussion has shifted.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1933 on: July 03, 2021, 02:44:40 PM »
Brian Delatorre is a bitch for starting the physical confrontation and then running away.

mushroom slice

« Reply #1934 on: July 03, 2021, 02:48:00 PM »
It's interesting to go back to the first few pages of this thread and see how much the tone of the discussion has shifted.
Even better is seeing  who said what in this thread
https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=115534.0

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #1935 on: July 03, 2021, 03:31:00 PM »
Damn. I forgot about this shit... Now makes me wonder what/how dan is doing. Can only wish him the best.

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #1936 on: July 03, 2021, 04:39:05 PM »
Brian Delatorre is a bitch for starting the physical confrontation and then running away.

And then almost immediately fleeing the country.

mushroom slice

« Reply #1937 on: July 03, 2021, 05:22:39 PM »
Wut
Does
Almost immediately fleeing country mean?
Did they leave or not? The key word is almost
Have you ever heard that bib dielan sing about tired wild horses?
I kinda always hated on Dylan but that song really is good.
I almost immediately felt like a horse

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1938 on: July 03, 2021, 05:30:05 PM »
Dude in no way deserved any sort of injury from this, but suing the building owner seems like some bs. Can he not sue the actual people involved?

Seems to be that they’re being held to account for not doing anything to address or stop Black Rock from being a skate spot even after repeated warnings or complaints.   

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1939 on: July 03, 2021, 05:31:48 PM »
Wut
Does
Almost immediately fleeing country mean?
Did they leave or not? The key word is almost
Have you ever heard that bib dielan sing about tired wild horses?
I kinda always hated on Dylan but that song really is good.
I almost immediately felt like a horse

Immediately fleeing the country - he ran to Mexico straight after the incident occurred

Almost immediately - took him and Dela  a day or so to leave the country

mushroom slice

« Reply #1940 on: July 03, 2021, 05:52:53 PM »
Main question.  How you guys know all this anyway? When I look at it all I see some bad shit. No doubt. But also I see people saying things that are not actually true at all and if you read the whole damn thread( I did) you see it’s not so clear. Not from this threads point of viewZ and said with such authority that I wonder how do you know with such authority?
Even the jury was hung so why would slap ever be 100 about it either way? People are gonna disagree on who’s to blame.  Shit sucks. I feel for Dan. My old man had a traumatic brain injury so it’s not like I’m sympsizing with beating fools down. I know first hand what it is like to care for someone that isn’t all there. It’s not easy. I also watched the video and no one was beating fools in the head with skateboards. Looks like a buncha adults acted like kids and then someone got popped and when they went down they hit their head. Tons of grey area there. But also how tha fuck would I know? I’m
On the outside looking in.

conqueso

« Reply #1941 on: July 03, 2021, 05:55:47 PM »

You dudes must not have read the thread. Guy just so happend to take his girl on a trip to turkey immediately after the incident when they were looking for who did it.

fongool

• Rep: 94
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1942 on: July 03, 2021, 05:59:50 PM »
The tough part about his suit against his employer is that he was almost certainly operating outside the scope of his responsibility when the altercation occured. Very likely that his directive in this situation was to verbally request for the skaters to leave the property and if that did not happen then he was to involve the police in the matter. His employment contract/training had to have specifically dictated that he not get involved in a verbal or physical altercation with anyone on the property and to deescalate any such situation in order to avoid exactly this scenario.

swanronson

• Rep: -27
« Reply #1943 on: July 03, 2021, 06:45:40 PM »
The tough part about his suit against his employer is that he was almost certainly operating outside the scope of his responsibility when the altercation occured. Very likely that his directive in this situation was to verbally request for the skaters to leave the property and if that did not happen then he was to involve the police in the matter. His employment contract/training had to have specifically dictated that he not get involved in a verbal or physical altercation with anyone on the property and to deescalate any such situation in order to avoid exactly this scenario.

That maybe so but he didn’t deserve what happened to him, no one does.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1276
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #1944 on: July 03, 2021, 06:55:13 PM »
It's also entirely possible that he has to sue his employer based on workman's comp law just to get whatever the state of California says he's entitled to. The money would still come from the state but out of the funds that all businesses pay into to cover their employees for on site accidents. I think this situation is what tainted Frankie Hill's name way back when.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

backside_reacharound

• Rep: -197
« Reply #1945 on: July 03, 2021, 09:37:54 PM »
If any of you guys have ever sat though a Torts class you'd know that every lawsuit like this will include as a defendant any person or entity who in any way might have some measure of liability in the situation.

There are many legit legal theories of liability that could find any one of these defendants culpable to some degree, but the most practical reason you would sue all of these defendants is that all those cool dude rapist pedophiles on GX probably have about $10k between all of them, if that. Suing them, while extremely just, isn't going to yield even a drop in the bucket for a plaintiff that has suffered life altering injuries and will probably need infinity dollars worth of healthcare going forward.

In Torts we were told in every case to make sure you find every single deep pocket that could possibly be liable and sue them too.

duniwayRobber

• ?
« Reply #1946 on: July 03, 2021, 10:24:22 PM »
It's also entirely possible that he has to sue his employer based on workman's comp law just to get whatever the state of California says he's entitled to. The money would still come from the state but out of the funds that all businesses pay into to cover their employees for on site accidents. I think this situation is what tainted Frankie Hill's name way back when.

Some good info. To clarify - are you saying that Frankie Hill sued a sponsor in order to collect unemployment?

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1276
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #1947 on: July 03, 2021, 10:47:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Some good info. To clarify - are you saying that Frankie Hill sued a sponsor in order to collect unemployment?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOl9Ta0je7o
@3:25 From the horses mouth. Shoutout Nate Sherwood
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

JimGeko

• Rep: -38
« Reply #1948 on: July 04, 2021, 04:21:04 AM »

Even though I imagine that it stated in his contract that he must only verbally request the trespassers to vacate the property, I bet there is a culture amongst the security guards (as we see with police) that they must go above and beyond their station and do everything in their power to defend that property. And if that way of thinking is pushed by someone in seniority to that security guard, such as a manager, then that manager as a representation of that company puts the company into blame. The injured security guard in my opinion has the right to blame the company and to sue them for putting him in danger.

Companies will absolutely reward employees for going above and beyond their roll if it means the company benefits from the action. So this culture or rewarding employees for going outside their lane exists in all industries. However if the action of the employee does not benefit the company or even harms the company in any way then that company will default to the terms of the employees contract to the word and accept no responsibility.

Nobody deserves to get injured in any situation especially when they are selling their time to a corporation. The skater(s) need to be punished for the actions they took against this man if a jury of peers can find them responsible given all the evidence they are presented with. We do not have all the evidence, we are just throwing our worthless opinions around in pure speculation.

What do you say on a Slap signature?

I DON"T KNOW!

MASHED POTATO * APPLE SAUCE * BUTTERY... BISCUITS.

https://ephmedia.giphy.com/4e27e798-9a5d-4df3-87ba-b18f905e055a.gif

duniwayRobber

• ?
« Reply #1949 on: July 04, 2021, 09:45:00 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOl9Ta0je7o
@3:25 From the horses mouth. Shoutout Nate Sherwood

What a bummer. Skate companies should be providing health insurance, especially one as old and established as Powell.

I love how logical Frankie seems about the whole thing.

I'm a huge proponent of 'make the change you want to see', so hopefully these new, skater-originated brands are thinking about how to take care of themselves and their riders. Call me an asshole, but companies with lame terrible graphics, holding onto their now decades-old golden years while doing little to promote the future of skating can piss-off.