Author Topic: Security guard beaten at SF Black Rock  (Read 371347 times)

cucktard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 319
Re: Security guard beaten at SF Black Rock
« Reply #1950 on: July 04, 2021, 04:25:48 PM »
Expand Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOl9Ta0je7o
@3:25 From the horses mouth. Shoutout Nate Sherwood
[close]

What a bummer. Skate companies should be providing health insurance, especially one as old and established as Powell.

I love how logical Frankie seems about the whole thing.

I'm a huge proponent of 'make the change you want to see', so hopefully these new, skater-originated brands are thinking about how to take care of themselves and their riders. Call me an asshole, but companies with lame terrible graphics, holding onto their now decades-old golden years while doing little to promote the future of skating can piss-off.

Powell still puts out boards for their old roster, Cab has had a board for decades, and still gets royalties. Frankie Hill too, they still make his boards.
How is a ‘new, skewer-oriented brand (with terrbible graphics) going to last a fraction as long as Powell and still put out boards for their alumni?

Powell has done stupid shit, and while people kook them for being a ‘nostalgie’ brand (even though they have pushed the technology for wheel, bearings, and now board longevity), you can say that they still sell boards for the riders who helped the brand succeed.

How many other brands do that 40 years in? How many brands are going to last long enough to do that?
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

duniwayRobber

• Rep: -140
  • ?
« Reply #1951 on: July 04, 2021, 07:59:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

What a bummer. Skate companies should be providing health insurance, especially one as old and established as Powell.

I'm a huge proponent of 'make the change you want to see', so hopefully these new, skater-originated brands are thinking about how to take care of themselves and their riders. Call me an asshole, but companies with lame terrible graphics, holding onto their now decades-old golden years while doing little to promote the future of skating can piss-off.
[close]

Powell still puts out boards for their old roster, Cab has had a board for decades, and still gets royalties. Frankie Hill too, they still make his boards.
How is a ‘new, skewer-oriented brand (with terrbible graphics) going to last a fraction as long as Powell and still put out boards for their alumni?

Powell has done stupid shit, and while people kook them for being a ‘nostalgie’ brand (even though they have pushed the technology for wheel, bearings, and now board longevity), you can say that they still sell boards for the riders who helped the brand succeed.

How many other brands do that 40 years in? How many brands are going to last long enough to do that?

I think my meaning was lost trying to write something witty.

I was saying that Powell is a brand with terrible graphics (minus some of Cab's and the older releases) that is riding off the coat-tails of its 30-year-old golden age, while not really doing much to fuse with, and promote, the current state of skateboarding.

I do agree that they deserve credit for their technological contributions to skateboarding and ability to fund OG-riders. I don't think the former was a 'Powell-or-it-couldnt-have-been-done' situation, and the latter is a meh point to me. The graveyards of skateboarding is littered with pro's who I cared about more than Hosoi and Cab (but I come from the 90's gen).
fuck poutine we eat pussy out here.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 319
« Reply #1952 on: July 04, 2021, 09:01:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I think my meaning was lost trying to write something witty.

I was saying that Powell is a brand with terrible graphics (minus some of Cab's and the older releases) that is riding off the coat-tails of its 30-year-old golden age, while not really doing much to fuse with, and promote, the current state of skateboarding.

I do agree that they deserve credit for their technological contributions to skateboarding and ability to fund OG-riders. I don't think the former was a 'Powell-or-it-couldnt-have-been-done' situation, and the latter is a meh point to me. The graveyards of skateboarding is littered with pro's who I cared about more than Hosoi and Cab (but I come from the 90's gen).

I get what you’re saying except for one.

The ‘current state of skateboarding’.

What is it? There are no more ‘singular’ cool fashions that everyone must follow. The doors blew open a while ago. So you could argue they have the skater that best represents that- &&.

But seriously, that have a great team of current riders covering all different styles of riding, and my big beef with Powell is that they don’t promote them enough. Not nearly. They need to start dropping videos again.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1953 on: July 04, 2021, 09:12:27 PM »
Damn. I forgot about this shit... Now makes me wonder what/how dan is doing. Can only wish him the best.

I'm not going to dig through this thread to find it, but I posted a picture a ways back of Dan in an assisted living facility that led me to believe that he is pretty much braindead from this.  I think the picture showed someone helping him eat a meal.

skatingisntspecialstupid

• Rep: 57
« Reply #1954 on: July 04, 2021, 10:42:29 PM »
If Powell wasn’t around, i doubt it would change anything up for other newer brands. They’d all still suck at running over the long term. Except maybe Baker, they seem like maybe they could be the new Powell. 

Almost forgot to say fuck Brian de la Turd.
Don’t dip your head in or your board will end up behind you

Glitch

• Rep: 21
« Reply #1955 on: July 05, 2021, 12:45:36 AM »
Man, I haven't posted in years, but fuck the GX crew, Brian Delatorre, and whoever else involved with this.
I just saw the photos of Dan in the hospital and I suffered a TBI last year wherein the person that caused it lied and left me with massive bills and I also could've died. These injuries are no joke. Dan was just doing his job, why the fuck would you attack someone trying to stop you from doing a mediocre-at-best trick? Or any trick at that matter?? Anyone that thinks that way needs to grow the fuck up and be punished to the full extent of the law. Dude is in his mid-30s with the angsty, entitled, and self-centered mentality of a 13 year old. Skateboard culture really needs to get it together. It seems so messed up lately (this, Jarne, Yonnie Cruz). Maybe it's just always been like this and it's just easier to air the bad shit out now. Rightfully so, skateboarding shouldn't exalt fucked up assholes anymore. It's 2021...

Condolences and best wishes to Dan and his friends and family. <3

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #1956 on: July 05, 2021, 01:23:38 AM »
Man, I haven't posted in years, but fuck the GX crew, Brian Delatorre, and whoever else involved with this.
I just saw the photos of Dan in the hospital and I suffered a TBI last year wherein the person that caused it lied and left me with massive bills and I also could've died. These injuries are no joke. Dan was just doing his job, why the fuck would you attack someone trying to stop you from doing a mediocre-at-best trick? Or any trick at that matter?? Anyone that thinks that way needs to grow the fuck up and be punished to the full extent of the law. Dude is in his mid-30s with the angsty, entitled, and self-centered mentality of a 13 year old. Skateboard culture really needs to get it together. It seems so messed up lately (this, Jarne, Yonnie Cruz). Maybe it's just always been like this and it's just easier to air the bad shit out now. Rightfully so, skateboarding shouldn't exalt fucked up assholes anymore. It's 2021...

And according to the person who spoke out about Yonnie and knows all these creeps and visited Jesse in prison, he has zero remorse about how everything went down

valuecommonsense

• Rep: -69
« Reply #1957 on: July 05, 2021, 04:53:07 AM »

Let's think logically instead of emotionally here bud, what part of physically trying to make skaters leave was in his job description? He didn't care about his job as low level security guards have it in writing not to physically touch anyone and would have been fired for his actions.

He only cared about enforcing authority he didn't actually have and felt like he was a super hero worthy of being on a cereal box but ended up the cereal bowl.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 05:10:37 AM by valuecommonsense »

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 119
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1958 on: July 05, 2021, 05:39:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Dude in no way deserved any sort of injury from this, but suing the building owner seems like some bs. Can he not sue the actual people involved?
[close]

Seems to be that they’re being held to account for not doing anything to address or stop Black Rock from being a skate spot even after repeated warnings or complaints.
I would think the reason for doing this is if Black Rock is own by a big corporation that owns tons of real estate they may just try to have their insurance settle out, rather than have a drawn out court battle. Type of thing where they cut homie a 20Grand check rather than spend way more than that with a court battle over there head.

duniwayRobber

• Rep: -140
  • ?
« Reply #1959 on: July 05, 2021, 09:05:48 AM »

What is it? There are no more ‘singular’ cool fashions that everyone must follow. The doors blew open a while ago. So you could argue they have the skater that best represents that- &&.

But seriously, that have a great team of current riders covering all different styles of riding, and my big beef with Powell is that they don’t promote them enough. Not nearly. They need to start dropping videos again.

I'm with you and meant that they should be fostering their own current state of skateboarding.

Expand Quote
Dude in no way deserved any sort of injury from this, but suing the building owner seems like some bs. Can he not sue the actual people involved?
[close]

Seems to be that they’re being held to account for not doing anything to address or stop Black Rock from being a skate spot even after repeated warnings or complaints.

'I was supposed to have a job where I could just sit on my butt and watch the tvs'. If security is supposed to call the cops at the first sight of real trouble, what else was that guy's job besides kicking out skaters and telling visitors what floor the bathrooms were on?

It seems like he was out of his jurisdiction and is trying to put the blame for his actions (and those of the skaters) on someone else.

EDIT: I just realized that you were probably clarifying what his suit was about, not really trying to defend it. Man, I'm an argumentative sally.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 09:33:07 AM by duniwayRobber »
fuck poutine we eat pussy out here.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #1960 on: July 05, 2021, 09:21:45 AM »
“i tried to assert my authority at black rock and all i got was this lousy head injury and t shirt”

OldSkater

• Rep: -49
« Reply #1961 on: July 05, 2021, 10:43:40 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Let's think logically instead of emotionally here bud, what part of physically trying to make skaters leave was in his job description? He didn't care about his job as low level security guards have it in writing not to physically touch anyone and would have been fired for his actions.

He only cared about enforcing authority he didn't actually have and felt like he was a super hero worthy of being on a cereal box but ended up the cereal bowl.

I disagree with you and im just gonna give two points.

1. the skaters could just fucking leave at any point to end the confrontation. this was what, the second or third time they were there riling up the same dude?

2. under capitalism, you dont have to have something be in your job description for something to be a part of your job. Every single job i have ever had, has had job expectations that were not in the job description.  He could absolutely have been fired for letting them skate the spot, and probably wouldnt even get to collect unemployment.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #1962 on: July 05, 2021, 11:09:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

1. the skaters could just fucking leave at any point to end the confrontation. this was what, the second or third time they were there riling up the same dude?

2. under capitalism, you dont have to have something be in your job description for something to be a part of your job. Every single job i have ever had, has had job expectations that were not in the job description.  He could absolutely have been fired for letting them skate the spot, and probably wouldnt even get to collect unemployment.

I can't fathom anyone arguing the side of the GX guys here.

He asked them to leave... And they gave brain damage.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #1963 on: July 05, 2021, 11:32:49 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I'm with you and meant that they should be fostering their own current state of skateboarding.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

'I was supposed to have a job where I could just sit on my butt and watch the tvs'. If security is supposed to call the cops at the first sight of real trouble, what else was that guy's job besides kicking out skaters and telling visitors what floor the bathrooms were on?

It seems like he was out of his jurisdiction and is trying to put the blame for his actions (and those of the skaters) on someone else.

EDIT: I just realized that you were probably clarifying what his suit was about, not really trying to defend it. Man, I'm an argumentative sally.

Yeah, just talking about a part of the brief that mentions that owners hadn’t done anything to significantly stop skateboarding despite repeated complaints from tenants and pedestrians

valuecommonsense

« Reply #1964 on: July 05, 2021, 01:06:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

1. He could have just phoned the cops, let's not act like his only option was an altercation.

2. In your mind the only two options are letting them skate the spot and a physical altercation? Reality is you have zero idea what you are talking about, if he wasn't forced into retirement he would have been fired without unemployment, to the company it goes both ways as a skater could have been turned into a cereal bowl and suing them for millions right now, lucky for them it was the security guard.

Also if you think i'm standing up for any of the gx guys you are an emotionally driven mess.

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 114
« Reply #1965 on: July 05, 2021, 01:18:19 PM »
You do present an air of “he kinda deserved it” because he was not explicitly authorized to act the way he did. This man’s life is destroyed, he may not even be aware his life is destroyed, and the people who love him are burdened for the rest of his and their life. The “weeeeellll actually he wasn’t supposed to be doing…” line of thought is obvious to everyone, unnecessary, and just generally… distasteful.

valuecommonsense

« Reply #1966 on: July 05, 2021, 01:37:47 PM »
You do present an air of “he kinda deserved it” because he was not explicitly authorized to act the way he did. This man’s life is destroyed, he may not even be aware his life is destroyed, and the people who love him are burdened for the rest of his and their life. The “weeeeellll actually he wasn’t supposed to be doing…” line of thought is obvious to everyone, unnecessary, and just generally… distasteful.
Here's the thing I would have agreed with you in the past but now i realize how many people search for jobs not for the money but for the authority and power it gives them over other humans. I don't think it's unnecessary to roast the one guy it caught up too when many of these power trippers will try to ruin people's lives, assault them and sometimes even kill someone and get away with it.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #1967 on: July 05, 2021, 01:43:10 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Here's the thing I would have agreed with you in the past but now i realize how many people search for jobs not for the money but for the authority and power it gives them over other humans. I don't think it's unnecessary to roast the one guy it caught up too when many of these power trippers will try to ruin people's lives, assault them and sometimes even kill someone and get away with it.

this dude was a security guard not a cop. when was the last time a security guard killed someone

OldSkater

• Rep: -49
« Reply #1968 on: July 05, 2021, 02:00:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

this dude was a security guard not a cop. when was the last time a security guard killed someone

this for sure. security guards have almost zero power, yet deal with more disrespect than cops imho

valuecommonsense

« Reply #1969 on: July 05, 2021, 02:15:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

this for sure. security guards have almost zero power, yet deal with more disrespect than cops imho
This is a bad point for sure actually, just because you want power and authority doesn't automatically make you adept enough to achieve it, many of them will take what they can get.

ChrisSennsGirlfriend

• Rep: 126
« Reply #1970 on: July 05, 2021, 02:23:38 PM »
we are just throwing our worthless opinions around in pure speculation.

this should just be the name of every thread.
Mike Anderson is a small town labor union hottie

cky enthusiast

« Reply #1971 on: July 05, 2021, 04:31:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
This is a bad point for sure actually, just because you want power and authority doesn't automatically make you adept enough to achieve it, many of them will take what they can get.

you have the most ironic username in history

how do you feel about crossing guards lmao

valuecommonsense

« Reply #1972 on: July 05, 2021, 05:14:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

That's what the ape thinks, in reality common sense is no longer common nor is it valued, look at yourself for an example.

Also are you assuming i don't like security guards or something here?

cky enthusiast

« Reply #1973 on: July 05, 2021, 05:33:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
That's what the ape thinks, in reality common sense is no longer common nor is it valued, look at yourself for an example.

unless u like “power trippers who try to ruin people lives, assault them, and sometimes kill people” which is how you described them

cky enthusiast

« Reply #1974 on: July 05, 2021, 05:34:07 PM »
also i’m not an ape- i’m what’s called a vanilla gorilla

valuecommonsense

« Reply #1975 on: July 05, 2021, 07:04:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

unless u like “power trippers who try to ruin people lives, assault them, and sometimes kill people” which is how you described them

Yeah i don't like power trippers who try to ruin people's lives, assault them and sometimes kill people but what does that have to do with all security guards?

cky enthusiast

« Reply #1976 on: July 05, 2021, 07:37:09 PM »
read the initial post u quoted

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
« Reply #1977 on: July 05, 2021, 07:42:34 PM »
It should be common sense that trying to place blame on any one side of this is pointless. It should also be common sense that making fun of a person with brain damage is reprehensible.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

Glitch

• Rep: 21
« Reply #1978 on: July 05, 2021, 08:01:59 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Sorry that my empathy towards someone came off as some kind of negative emotionality to you. Also, if you watch the video, the security just tosses the skater's board away from the ledge then the skater pushes security. The skater (Dela? idk who it is) started the physical altercation. Over what?? A fucking backside 50-50? At that point it becomes self-defense for him to become physical because he was being ASSAULTED. I haven't seen what happened beforehand but I think its safe to assume that the guard asked or told them to leave. Sure, he could have called the cops, sure he could have did xyz, but how is it okay to repeatedly push a security guard over for throwing your board? Everyone on this site has been kicked out of spots, just leave and come back at a later time. FYI skaters have no authority over public or private properties either! All because you have a skateboard doesnt mean you get a pass on not being a decent, respectable, non-violent person. I'm not trying to roast you, man, but grow up and develop some compassion. The world (and security guards) aren't out to get you. Peace.

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
« Reply #1979 on: July 05, 2021, 08:06:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Sorry that my empathy towards someone came off as some kind of negative emotionality to you. Also, if you watch the video, the security just tosses the skater's board away from the ledge then the skater pushes security. The skater (Dela? idk who it is) started the physical altercation. Over what?? A fucking backside 50-50? At that point it becomes self-defense for him to become physical because he was being ASSAULTED. I haven't seen what happened beforehand but I think its safe to assume that the guard asked or told them to leave. Sure, he could have called the cops, sure he could have did xyz, but how is it okay to repeatedly push a security guard over for throwing your board? Everyone on this site has been kicked out of spots, just leave and come back at a later time. FYI skaters have no authority over public or private properties either! All because you have a skateboard doesnt mean you get a pass on not being a decent, respectable, non-violent person. I'm not trying to roast you, man, but grow up and develop some compassion. The world (and security guards) aren't out to get you. Peace.

Gnar. That was Dela with the shove, btw.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead