Author Topic: Security guard beaten at SF Black Rock  (Read 374695 times)

your_wifes_xanax

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 16
Re: Security guard beaten at SF Black Rock
« Reply #2130 on: February 13, 2024, 08:54:29 AM »
SF is a turd of a city held together by duct tape.

Every big city is the same. They are all turds

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 655
« Reply #2131 on: February 13, 2024, 09:29:35 AM »
I live in SF.
I was born here.

The city has its share of problems, to be sure & two of the biggest issues right now, homelessness & an abundance of high-grade drugs, drug usage, and the attendant issues that go along with that just happen to overlap each other in a way that yields a very visible social mess.
The real estate market & rents are still nutty too, only compounding the problem further.

But I’m basically a glorified bartender, married to an artist, with two littles & a cat, yet we manage to make mortgage payments & feed/clothe these kids, while enjoying what I consider a pretty reasonable quality of life compared to when I was younger.

The city puts on tons of rad family friendly public events all over town, helps us out with the kids medical bills & mandates that my employers don’t dick me & my crew around.
Plus, we got multiple skateparks & those hills, need I go on? Not to mention the gorgeous scenery, beautiful cultures & people, delicious (if not pricy) dining options, as well as all of the other accoutrement that comes along with being an international city.

My family & I feel safe in our neighborhood; all the folks in our neighborhood know us & call my kids by name.
I’m not in a fancy part of town either.
I’m just a few doors of Mission, in the hair cutting district of “Papusa Row.” We’ve got projects, a public school & a park all on our block & it’s kind of a little slice of heaven.

Yes there are more homeless here now than in the past, and yes the drugs are way stronger then they have been historically, but I’ve been here in the bay most all of my 52 years & honestly I don’t recall a time WITHOUT visible drugs & homelessness. Not to mention, homeless & drug usage figures are on the rise in cities all over the country. People just flock to California for our warmer weather & friendlier (liberal) social policies.

I dunno… Maybe I’m numb to it, but frankly I embrace the filth & the “crazies” as part of our city.

Tech bros, on the other hand, and their disregard/disdain for local history & tradition can basically fuck right off as far as I’m concerned. 
Entitled cunts.

Sooo… that’s my take on the liberal hellscape that is San Francisco.
Lou out here really spitting facts for the people. If anyone on here knows San Francisco and the Bay Area, it's him.

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2255
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #2132 on: February 13, 2024, 09:59:54 AM »
I apologize if I came off as arrogant or appearing to know more than I do. I have great memories of going there in my teens and 20’s but in hindsight a lot of those memories were from visits and stays outside of the main downtown areas so maybe my memories are skewed with the current reality of the places I’ve been recently which are admittedly the skate tourism hotspots. I do share your sentiment about the tech bros fucking the whole ecosystem, but if anything the problems facing SF are merely a symptom of a greater sickness that’s spread across the entire country. Your point about homeless migration is very true as well. Again, sorry if I was being arrogant or overly critical.
Nah, we good daddy.
You weren’t wrong in your observe: shit has been going down hill for a minute, but DOWN HILL seems pretty normal here in SF if you ride a skateboard.
But from the inside, it’s still a gorgeous city that, while losing a lot of its flavor to the real estate crunch & new residents, both housed & otherwise, continues to nurture those who know where to look to find the love & beauty. 
Also, it’s pretty much a 49 square mile skatepark, so there’s THAT too.
Holler next time you’re out this way if you feel like a session.
Same goes for all you yay area heads if you want to skate.  But if y’all gonna DM me, be sure to do it like a man.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

FROTHY

« Reply #2133 on: February 13, 2024, 10:08:01 AM »
Jesse Vieira rode krux. The whole situation is disgusting.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2134 on: February 13, 2024, 10:29:29 AM »
Jesse Vieira rode krux. The whole situation is disgusting.
Well… I was gonna make a joke about how that explains the hole in Dan Jansen’s head, but even these many years since, it still seems in poor taste.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #2135 on: February 13, 2024, 12:46:00 PM »
Expand Quote
I live in SF.
I was born here.

The city has its share of problems, to be sure & two of the biggest issues right now, homelessness & an abundance of high-grade drugs, drug usage, and the attendant issues that go along with that just happen to overlap each other in a way that yields a very visible social mess.
The real estate market & rents are still nutty too, only compounding the problem further.

But I’m basically a glorified bartender, married to an artist, with two littles & a cat, yet we manage to make mortgage payments & feed/clothe these kids, while enjoying what I consider a pretty reasonable quality of life compared to when I was younger.

The city puts on tons of rad family friendly public events all over town, helps us out with the kids medical bills & mandates that my employers don’t dick me & my crew around.
Plus, we got multiple skateparks & those hills, need I go on? Not to mention the gorgeous scenery, beautiful cultures & people, delicious (if not pricy) dining options, as well as all of the other accoutrement that comes along with being an international city.

My family & I feel safe in our neighborhood; all the folks in our neighborhood know us & call my kids by name.
I’m not in a fancy part of town either.
I’m just a few doors of Mission, in the hair cutting district of “Papusa Row.” We’ve got projects, a public school & a park all on our block & it’s kind of a little slice of heaven.

Yes there are more homeless here now than in the past, and yes the drugs are way stronger then they have been historically, but I’ve been here in the bay most all of my 52 years & honestly I don’t recall a time WITHOUT visible drugs & homelessness. Not to mention, homeless & drug usage figures are on the rise in cities all over the country. People just flock to California for our warmer weather & friendlier (liberal) social policies.

I dunno… Maybe I’m numb to it, but frankly I embrace the filth & the “crazies” as part of our city.

Tech bros, on the other hand, and their disregard/disdain for local history & tradition can basically fuck right off as far as I’m concerned. 
Entitled cunts.

Sooo… that’s my take on the liberal hellscape that is San Francisco.
[close]

Thank you. As a longtime resident of SF and familiar with its history, you are spot on. The city is looked at under a microscope by people from the outside who tend to forget that historically, SF is a boom and bust city. Part of the biggest problems of the city today are directly related to its greatest accomplishments of the last 20 years. I could go on and on, but will spare yall the history and pos/neg points. And if you really wanna see a city in a bad way right now, cross the bridge and go to Oakland. It’s crazy.

I lived in San Jose since 1987 and we're starting to get really bad with homelessness and drugs, but still nowhere near SF,  I spent a lot of my time in the late 90s and 00s in SF, mainly going to shows every weekend and record shopping.  Skateboarding EMB was what we did in high school in 97 and remember homeless dudes wanting to fight people at spots.  At one point it got really bad with SFPD and skaters, I stopped skating the city around 2006 because of drama with cops when just cruising through the city

But I gotta say once I starting working in Oakland, I felt like it got a bad rep and personally thought downtown SF was worse than downtown Oakland.  I've been to hunters point in SF just to get to haight and i've never been to East Oakland so I couldn't tell you how bad it gets in those residential areas for comparison, but downtown oakland is actually kind of dope.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2024, 12:53:14 PM by Abyss1 »

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 99
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2136 on: February 13, 2024, 02:07:59 PM »
People forget that EMB was a bit sketchy and that Hubba Hideout was named that because of the amount of people smoking crack there back in the day. Fillmore, Western Addition, Hayes Valley were WAY different 20 years ago and didn’t have Michelin star restaurants, etc. Hunters Point always has been and still can be pretty sketchy.
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #2137 on: February 13, 2024, 02:13:47 PM »
2007 me and some buds went to check hubba cuz it had just been un-knobbed and we weren’t even skating and these crackheads were yelling at us mad cuz “the cops are going to come” sure enough as we were going down the path leading away some cops pulled up and threw my homie to the ground and then started yelling asking “WHERES THE WEED” lol luckily we already smoked it. Anyway fuck the cops

Ninj2

• Rep: -100
« Reply #2138 on: February 13, 2024, 03:07:16 PM »
Gx from Florida. Don’t tells shit about SF. Is SUCKAFREE .  It’s where the Bible is at. It’s the Mecca you dumb pilgrims. For real tho. I’m sorry about that foot ball game. You haters need to wear some flowers in your hair or some other corny ass shit like that. Fuck the chiefs. That shit look racist. And fuck Kansas City I’m still pissed about what they did to Mac Dre . I don’t give a fuck about foot ball.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2139 on: February 13, 2024, 03:18:31 PM »
I’m sorry about that foot ball game.
I was down on Mission anyway, waving a niners flag & shouting to passing cars, “WE’re 2nd BEST! WE’re 2nd BEST! WE’re 2nd BEST!“

Disclosure: I didn’t watch the Super Bowl. I was out skating & then caught the finals of the Africa Cup of Nations (‘Grats to host country & winners Ivory Coast!)

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -496
« Reply #2140 on: February 13, 2024, 03:23:24 PM »
ITT:

GX1000 and tech bros killed SF

~~~

On a more sincere note, my small-ish city in the PNW has many of these same issues in the downtown/inner city. A lot of these problems aren't entirely unique to SF.

I find people sleeping/nodding, foilies, and burnt spoons in the skatepark bathroom downtown all the time - the skatepark is part of the most notable public park in the center of the city. Theres a large, popular playground a stones throw from the bathroom, so you know numerous kids have seen some shit there.

Makes me think of the conversations I'll need to have with my son when he's of the age to notice or understand.

Is there any large/semi-large city that is completely void of any homeless and doesn't have big tech trying to creep in?

Btw, touching write-up Lou, gave me some feels when I read through that last night

I do find it interesting how tech killed Venice but Santa Monica is still relatively affordable. Despite Santa Monica having larger apartments
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 805
« Reply #2141 on: February 13, 2024, 03:38:50 PM »
Gx from Florida. Don’t tells shit about SF. Is SUCKAFREE .  It’s where the Bible is at. It’s the Mecca you dumb pilgrims. For real tho. I’m sorry about that foot ball game. You haters need to wear some flowers in your hair or some other corny ass shit like that. Fuck the chiefs. That shit look racist. And fuck Kansas City I’m still pissed about what they did to Mac Dre . I don’t give a fuck about foot ball.

Lennie Kirk, is that you?
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

ToySanta

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #2142 on: February 13, 2024, 03:43:55 PM »
How high can u guys ollie

Inches, definitely.

Ninj2

« Reply #2143 on: February 13, 2024, 03:55:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Lennie Kirk, is that you?
Can u spot the difference ?

Bread Harrity

• Rep: 257
« Reply #2144 on: February 13, 2024, 03:59:43 PM »
the bay rules, if you really believe that the city is a warzone because of the media coverage of 10 square blocks of the tenderloin/civic center then you have no idea what youre talking about. That'd be like thinking LA is just skid row.

Though at this point Oakland is way more interesting and fun than SF, a decade ago most of the young people, middle class people, artists, musicians and food folks got priced out of SF and moved to east bay. The upside to that is now we're all over here and there is an absurd plethora of good shows, good food and good art. chefs kiss <3

Made In China

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2145 on: February 13, 2024, 04:21:09 PM »
the bay rules, if you really believe that the city is a warzone because of the media coverage of 10 square blocks of the tenderloin/civic center then you have no idea what youre talking about. That'd be like thinking LA is just skid row.

Though at this point Oakland is way more interesting and fun than SF, a decade ago most of the young people, middle class people, artists, musicians and food folks got priced out of SF and moved to east bay. The upside to that is now we're all over here and there is an absurd plethora of good shows, good food and good art. chefs kiss <3
This dude also know the Bay Area. Oakland is a great place that's cheaper to live in than SF and has so much culture to offer. It also gets a bad rap in the mainstream media these days, but spend a few days in Oakland and you'll see there's so much more than just blipping and gang wars.

The great thing about the current narrative about SF and Oakland is that a lot of transplants and techies are moving out, making rent prices go down again. Some of my friends who have also grown up in the area have been able to find apartments for way cheaper than they would've been even half a year ago.

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
« Reply #2146 on: February 13, 2024, 04:24:03 PM »

The great thing about the current narrative about SF and Oakland is that a lot of transplants and techies are moving out

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3374
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #2147 on: February 13, 2024, 04:24:11 PM »
Expand Quote
SF is a turd of a city held together by duct tape.
[close]

Every big city is the same. They are all turds

You’re not wrong, but SF takes its turd qualification to dizzying heights unmatched by any other big city. I think the only other big city that competes is New Orleans.

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 232
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #2148 on: February 13, 2024, 04:25:14 PM »
Are transplants that move to SF as polarizing as those who move to NYC?
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1426
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2149 on: February 13, 2024, 06:00:25 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
This dude also know the Bay Area. Oakland is a great place that's cheaper to live in than SF and has so much culture to offer. It also gets a bad rap in the mainstream media these days, but spend a few days in Oakland and you'll see there's so much more than just blipping and gang wars.

The great thing about the current narrative about SF and Oakland is that a lot of transplants and techies are moving out, making rent prices go down again. Some of my friends who have also grown up in the area have been able to find apartments for way cheaper than they would've been even half a year ago.

I struggle to understand affordable in oakland. But, i dont live there. Im just thinking about the 3 separate unrelated people i know whose parents sold their old ass houses in oakland for a million or so each. Or the lady i used to date who moved down to oakland to do high end sex work in SF, they make bank and still live in a meh place. Not arguing about the culture. Oakland is dope like that, but is really affordable or just more so than the other side od the bridge?
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Yonnycage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -95
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2150 on: February 13, 2024, 06:16:18 PM »

Grrrrreat another blabbering nonsense poster

Ninj2

« Reply #2151 on: February 13, 2024, 07:34:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Grrrrreat another blabbering nonsense poster
get off my dik Yonnie and put me on ignore now

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 784
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #2152 on: February 13, 2024, 07:36:03 PM »
The Bay Area is segregated racially and economically

The media demonizes Oakland since it is largely POC and at one point majority black. The powers that control the media (real estate/government/business) live in white enclaves (Piedmont, Marin, peninsula, Rockridge, sea cliff, etc) and suppression increases property value through demand of places deemed safe/drives modern day red lining and segregation.

Calling the unhoused zombies is insensitive. They’re victims of this shitty system and pharmaceutical companies. People are profiting off of them. I don’t think elected officials will help us or are the answer. Democratic party still subscribe to white supremacy and imperialism.

Sf is in decline if you miss strip mall stores and techies. Urban centers are having an identity crisis as the clientele works from the cloud and shops online. Urban centers are areas where people gather yet are still isolated from one another through consumption at stores that can be found in other city centers globally. Most neighborhoods seem pretty unchanged and said before SF has a history of boom and bust, like most urban cores. It’s just our immediate attention is distracted by what’s happening now.

Oakland is relatively affordable. Still expensive but jobs tend to pay more.

I feel bad for that security guard no trick is worth that. Heavy photos and clip.

nothing's been the since same

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 237
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2153 on: February 14, 2024, 05:55:01 AM »
Are transplants that move to SF as polarizing as those who move to NYC?
Worse

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 317
« Reply #2154 on: February 14, 2024, 06:29:58 AM »
Why does every GX1000 SF skater dress the same. Hoodie, beanie, dunks, ventures. Mason Coletti, Taylor Nida, Chris Athens looks like Brian Delatorre. It’s like how Long Beach every skater wore dekline shoes and cuffed jeans for a long time.

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #2155 on: February 14, 2024, 10:04:58 AM »
Why does every GX1000 SF skater dress the same. Hoodie, beanie, dunks, ventures. Mason Coletti, Taylor Nida, Chris Athens looks like Brian Delatorre. It’s like how Long Beach every skater wore dekline shoes and cuffed jeans for a long time.

Because no one has their own style and personalities anymore. They just care what they see on IG and TikTok.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 378
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #2156 on: February 14, 2024, 10:15:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Worth mentioning because I think it's oft forgotten about these days, but P-Spliff is still alive right now (or at the very least doesn't die when he did) if this incident never happens.
[close]

Dude was destined to get killed by a motor vehicle, his passion in life was playing in traffic... If the Black Rock shit never went down I don't think he would have made it two more years before getting ran over. He was one of the most perfect embodiments of "live fast die young", and trying to act like his death is someone else's fault is just silly.
Reading comprehension is important my guy, never said it was anyone's fault

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Made In China

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2157 on: February 14, 2024, 11:51:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I struggle to understand affordable in oakland. But, i dont live there. Im just thinking about the 3 separate unrelated people i know whose parents sold their old ass houses in oakland for a million or so each. Or the lady i used to date who moved down to oakland to do high end sex work in SF, they make bank and still live in a meh place. Not arguing about the culture. Oakland is dope like that, but is really affordable or just more so than the other side od the bridge?
It's definitely more affordable overall than SF and a lot of the other "desirable" areas of California. But Oakland is also a pretty big place with many different neighborhoods and a lot of disparity between them. Just like how jgonzalez explained how the Bay Area is segregated, Oakland is segregated in a similar way based on the neighborhood.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1426
« Reply #2158 on: February 14, 2024, 12:19:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
It's definitely more affordable overall than SF and a lot of the other "desirable" areas of California. But Oakland is also a pretty big place with many different neighborhoods and a lot of disparity between them. Just like how jgonzalez explained how the Bay Area is segregated, Oakland is segregated in a similar way based on the neighborhood.

i gotchu dude. oakland is definitely a different place than it was when i was dirty kid with a backpack off the dog looking for hellarity
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #2159 on: February 14, 2024, 04:03:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

i gotchu dude. oakland is definitely a different place than it was when i was dirty kid with a backpack off the dog looking for hellarity

Oakland is the best. Baby, it’s so fresh.