Author Topic: namedrop thread  (Read 32915 times)

dooley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 46
Re: namedrop thread
« Reply #240 on: January 11, 2020, 09:41:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I've interviewed a bunch of people for my zine (Neckface, Grosso, Fos, Hsu).
Fred Smith sent me a bunch of stickers, a demo for his band and signed the envelope.
[close]
May I ask what the Zine is called? That's pretty awesome.
[close]

It's called "5 Questions for 5" so basically I ask 5 skateboarders the same 5 questions. Currently there's only 1 issue as I have a few other zines on the go but I'm hopefully working on another.

DM me your address and I'll send you a copy if you want.
Dude, you should post that here (not saying scan every page, unless you want). Surely there's a zine thread and plenty would be interested. The offer is highly appreciated but I've been on this minimalism shit for a few years now - no posters, only a few cycles of clothes, shit like that. Looking at the listed names, people will definitely want copies. Good looks, man.

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #241 on: January 11, 2020, 09:46:44 AM »
I knew a couple AM's but don't want to post their names.

Nate Sherwood is nice for a spazz. Gave him a soda let him use my phone because we had met a couple months later when he was with Willy Santos and they were chill as fuck. Nate wrote about us in Transworld.

Geoff Rowley gave my sister a pair of first shoe back in like 2000 at Triple Crown, the classics, brand new out of the Van's truck. Like an absolute great sister she is, she knew I was the one who actually skated and she had the balls to ask him if he would give her a 2nd pair in a size 6 for me and he did! I wasn't there when it happened but he signed them. She kept the shoes nice forever, I could only take it a few days, wore them to school skated them, nobody probably believed me but I didn't give a fuck. Everyone at that school had element boards and couldn't kickflip.

Heath sat with us for an hour or two and talked about anything at a demo, favorite pro so it was like meeting your hero but I kept it cool.

I'm sure I met plenty more because my cousins closest friends were all in the industry but I don't remember them all. I would be a kid and he was like 18 and would take me to parties, skating all over, introduce me to so many people. Got to meet filmers, ams, watch unreleased to this day footage of Lance Mountain filming a street part.

I would come back from these trips and my friends thought it was lies but it was the real deal holyfield that I'm glad I got to experience.

Spacetravelisboring

• Rep: -422
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #242 on: January 11, 2020, 09:48:03 AM »
Every now and then I'll  hang out with ex zorlac guys todd prince and john gibson

theSketchLord

• Rep: 42
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #243 on: January 11, 2020, 09:55:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I've interviewed a bunch of people for my zine (Neckface, Grosso, Fos, Hsu).
Fred Smith sent me a bunch of stickers, a demo for his band and signed the envelope.
[close]
May I ask what the Zine is called? That's pretty awesome.
[close]

It's called "5 Questions for 5" so basically I ask 5 skateboarders the same 5 questions. Currently there's only 1 issue as I have a few other zines on the go but I'm hopefully working on another.

DM me your address and I'll send you a copy if you want.
[close]
Dude, you should post that here (not saying scan every page, unless you want). Surely there's a zine thread and plenty would be interested. The offer is highly appreciated but I've been on this minimalism shit for a few years now - no posters, only a few cycles of clothes, shit like that. Looking at the listed names, people will definitely want copies. Good looks, man.

I would, only I can't even figure out how to post a pic in these forums.
That being said, anyone wants a free copy hit me up.
Costs literally nothing for postage.
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

Brguy

« Reply #244 on: January 11, 2020, 10:01:50 AM »
I got a friend that smoked weed with Luan Oliveira here in Brasil.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2325
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #245 on: January 11, 2020, 10:25:39 AM »
internetfamous liked my post on IG

Post a post, fuccboi.

breezer

• Rep: -17
« Reply #246 on: January 11, 2020, 12:39:47 PM »
had beers & ciggies with Navs in the Tap Room at Hotel Congress in Tucson.  We gave him our number and told him to call if he wanted to go skate some pools.  He never did.

itsyourdad

• Rep: 57
« Reply #247 on: January 11, 2020, 12:53:57 PM »
my dad cucked steve berra, via impregnating my mom

specialgee

• Rep: -10
« Reply #248 on: January 11, 2020, 01:32:29 PM »
Expand Quote
internetfamous liked my post on IG
[close]

Post a post, fuccboi.

gonna frame that for the trophy room

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6v4FJGI43a

Ghost Lurker

• Rep: 17
« Reply #249 on: January 11, 2020, 01:48:55 PM »
I locked the door on Pete Lehman’s car at the K-Mart bump and his keys got locked in the car, his mom had to come open it up for us.

It might’ve been that same night earlier we skated a manual pad by Wild Birds Unlimited and he got a clip ended up in Toy Machine “Live!”, and I got bgps.

It’s a Subway now and I used to eat lunch there while I worked my cubicle job and daydream about how far I’ve came in life. 🤓

JamesFardy

• Rep: 68
    • Gyfcat.com avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #250 on: January 11, 2020, 02:10:19 PM »
My wife’s best friend married Freddy from iCarly. So I went to this lord of the rings theme wedding with a ton of Nickelodeon actors. As expected they were not that cool but it was fun making them laugh. It got annoying that they kept asking me “what I was in right now” and I didn’t know what to say other than “something r rated” I did prank the producer from big hero 6, don’t know his full name, Roy something. He got bummed at me kinda.

FS-OverKOOK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
« Reply #251 on: January 11, 2020, 02:28:37 PM »
Karl Watson was skating with his boys at my local a few months back and said I had a real smooth pop shuv...one of my career highlights 8)

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #252 on: January 11, 2020, 02:38:21 PM »
I had beers with Van Wastell during a short stint he had skating my local for a few months, leading up to when he passed. Pretty cool, pretty funny

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1065
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #253 on: January 11, 2020, 02:40:23 PM »
Geeeeeez.  You guys are dropping more names than a greased Yellow Pages!
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #254 on: January 11, 2020, 03:03:51 PM »
I’m pretty sure I saw Clint Peterson working for a film crew a little while back. I was headed to a Chinese restaurant in Culver City when he was outside the door telling people it was temporarily closed because they were filming inside. All I kept thinking of when I saw him was “Fat woman in jeans at a disco party”.

louie the taurus

• Rep: -119
« Reply #255 on: January 11, 2020, 03:42:10 PM »
At a Supra demo many years ago, Jim Greco played a song on an acoustic guitar for some friends and me (it was very repetitive). Before that he SS BS Darkslid the skatepark hubba.

Halfcab180

• Rep: 8
« Reply #256 on: January 11, 2020, 03:47:38 PM »
I skated with Jahmal Williams at my local. I happened to be skating a Hopps board and he got really hyped. We played a game of skate just doing staple gun variations. Great guy.

Powdered Toast Man!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 172
  • (formerly mex.ceferino)
« Reply #257 on: January 11, 2020, 04:02:54 PM »
Karl Watson was skating with his boys at my local a few months back and said I had a real smooth pop shuv...one of my career highlights 8)
To keep Watson’s spirit, Post a pop shuv, fuccboi

I just want everyone to know that I'm only 32.8% skateboarder, and that's on a good day. The rest is just soy and cum.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3422
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #258 on: January 11, 2020, 04:03:02 PM »
I was in "Fiddler on the Roof" with Neal Patrick Harris in high school. He was nice.

Diocletian

« Reply #259 on: January 11, 2020, 06:40:14 PM »
I grew up in the same area as Jon Dickson and frequently passed his house to and from my buddy’s place in their neighborhood. I feel like we all carpooled to Warp or some other skatepark a few times but my memory is pretty bad. I do remember hanging with him and some others while he was trying to do a trick at this one gap. Some friends of mine are close friends with him and they keep in touch and get hooked up with boards here and there. My older brother and Jon’s older brother were apparently best buds in high school and he’s told me some hilarious stories of the shit they would do. Saw Corey Glick a handful of times at a local park as he was also from the area.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #260 on: January 11, 2020, 06:48:57 PM »
I met Geoff Rowley, Chris Pfanner, and Mark Appleyard at a Volcolm demo tour when I was like 4 or 5, i saw Ishod, Austyn Gillette and Shane O'Neill skate flatground at Tompkins a year or two later. I talked to Strobeck on IG right after Blessed came out. When I was at the sick ass DIY park in Detroit Tony Hawk showed up outta nowhere and that was insane. He asked me if I knew how to get on top of the crazy cradle thing, which was funny as hell. Cool guy, gave some good advice and I got a pic for IG after. That's it for now.

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #261 on: January 11, 2020, 07:33:57 PM »
Had dinner at this italian spot in Hollywood with my wife and her family recently. I think it's called "Pura Vita." Stefan Janoski and his wife were a few tables away. Everyone kept telling me to go say "hi" since they noticed how excited I got when I saw him. I didn't. I learned he's vegan and drives a Tesla. I also learned I don't have a poker face.

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #262 on: January 11, 2020, 07:44:50 PM »
My buddy Aaron is in What If.
hows the weather in wa

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #263 on: January 11, 2020, 09:03:18 PM »
I was in "Fiddler on the Roof" with Neal Patrick Harris in high school. He was nice.

Really? I fucking love NPH.

FS-OverKOOK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
« Reply #264 on: January 11, 2020, 11:47:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
To keep Watson’s spirit, Post a pop shuv, fuccboi
The classic backpack sesh
http://i.imgur.com/l5WikSJ.mp4

Eds_gallerist

« Reply #265 on: January 12, 2020, 12:45:25 AM »
That pop shove is indeed smooth! Big up

professor pound cake

• Rep: 4
« Reply #266 on: January 12, 2020, 12:48:39 AM »
i met lance mountain twice hee hee

shamom

WobbleHeadBob

• Rep: 80
« Reply #267 on: January 12, 2020, 01:50:49 AM »
we were on a barca trip in like 2007 when a bunch of pros appeared at Besos.
Jesus Fernandes asked my buddy for a drink of his coke, buddy hands him the bottle and Jesus drank the entire litre it and handed back the empty bottle. buddy was raging but everyne else thought it was hilarious.

Copenhagen 2013 chilling with some beers by the harbour, Yoon, Steezus and a few other indutry people appear and sit down with us, Szafranski appears with a seemengly endless supply of joints. was a fun night, a few people ended up naked in the water and im pretty sure braydon stole my boxer shorts

Spankthemonkey

• Rep: -48
« Reply #268 on: January 12, 2020, 02:35:58 AM »
Robbie McKinley
Jon Allie
Ollie Todd
Caswellberry
Cooper will
Gareth stehr
Ricky matlin

Spankthemonkey

• Rep: -48
« Reply #269 on: January 12, 2020, 02:41:15 AM »
Tony tave
Colt cannon
Tost townend
Drew Potter
Brent atchley
Shaun white
Don Nguyen(the fact that I have to put the nuge)
Lincoln ueda
Eric Fletcher
Omar Salazar
Corey duffel