Author Topic: Twin tail  (Read 101471 times)

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 938
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
Re: Twin tail
« Reply #420 on: October 06, 2021, 07:14:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
There's also this Worrest Somebody graphic.

https://www.tactics.com/krooked/worrest-somebody-838-twintail-slick-skateboard-deck

Are all the Deluxe twin tails slicks? I'm not too crazy about slicks. I wish they would make some regular ones.
[close]

What don’t you like about the slicks?
[close]

Too slick at first. I'm used to the slide of regular boards.
[close]

Man, I’m never going back, I’ve never had one, I love being able to do no effort tailslides

Just setup my on hand slick the other day, went to the spot, went in for some warm up tail slides (with the same effort for regs deck), forgot I was on slick and woooooooooooooooooooosh, ate shit straight away, wasn't ready for the slide =D

Would be nice if they threw in some 8.25 slicks now and again, super curious how they settled on 8.3s being the only slicks (unless that really is what ishod and bobby only skate).

Dan Gerous

« Reply #421 on: October 06, 2021, 07:35:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
There's also this Worrest Somebody graphic.

https://www.tactics.com/krooked/worrest-somebody-838-twintail-slick-skateboard-deck

Are all the Deluxe twin tails slicks? I'm not too crazy about slicks. I wish they would make some regular ones.
[close]

What don’t you like about the slicks?
[close]

Too slick at first. I'm used to the slide of regular boards.
[close]

Man, I’m never going back, I’ve never had one, I love being able to do no effort tailslides
[close]

Just setup my on hand slick the other day, went to the spot, went in for some warm up tail slides (with the same effort for regs deck), forgot I was on slick and woooooooooooooooooooosh, ate shit straight away, wasn't ready for the slide =D

Would be nice if they threw in some 8.25 slicks now and again, super curious how they settled on 8.3s being the only slicks (unless that really is what ishod and bobby only skate).
It was Ishod's request, hence always having it on the size he skates, they only have one to manufacture. He says he prefers slicks as it provides a more consistent slide across whatever the surface, less bad surprises.

I think Worrest only tried it later, after it was created for Ishod and liked it too and adopted it so they just need to press more of the same, just screen the two graphics.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 07:48:22 PM by Dan Gerous »

Woodshop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • Just deck / woodshop info
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #422 on: October 07, 2021, 03:28:01 AM »

Real has had 8.25 slicks, but they are regular shapes, not twin kicks, most recently in the Real ovals series a drop or two ago, the blue one I think, but when I went looking I couldn't find it.

Was the Deathwish 8.25 twin a bit more comfortable than the DLX twin?

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #423 on: October 07, 2021, 12:28:33 PM »

Real has had 8.25 slicks, but they are regular shapes, not twin kicks, most recently in the Real ovals series a drop or two ago, the blue one I think, but when I went looking I couldn't find it.

Was the Deathwish 8.25 twin a bit more comfortable than the DLX twin?

I've not ridden the DLX 8.25TT, only a handful of the 8.3s and if the DW twin came in an 8.3x, I would ride it over the DLX TT without a doubt; the Neen twin is just a hair too short for me but the shape, imo, is superior (which I think it due to it being less 'full' at the kicks and the shorter WB).

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #424 on: October 07, 2021, 12:33:48 PM »
Any TT with 14wb
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Dan Gerous

« Reply #425 on: October 07, 2021, 12:39:24 PM »
Any TT with 14wb
The Crob has a 14" wheelbase for both widths.

Bigwheelbite

• Rep: -162
« Reply #426 on: October 07, 2021, 01:28:26 PM »
The Ishod slick is defo not worth the extra cost and makes the deck way heavier too...

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #427 on: October 07, 2021, 06:07:27 PM »
In an effort to get this thread back on track, I'm going to post a list of all of the different shapes in my symmetrical collection. If anyone is curious about my experience with them or would like pictures of concaves/overhead shots, let me know.

Alien Workshop Owlien Twin 8.375"
Creature John Gardner Ghosts 8.84"
Creature Live Evil Reanimator 8.2"
Deathwish Neen Williams Extended Trip/Spew 3/Controlled Chaos 8.125"
Deathwish Neen Williams Slayer 8.5"
Flip Team Smiley Pink Twintail 8.25"
Heroin Symmetrical Egg 9.0"
Imperfects Eggball 8.75"
Krooked Bobby Worrest Destroyer/Archur/Liberty 8.3" (same as Real 8.3" below)
Real Ishod Wair Cat Scratch/Monarch 8.0"
Real Ishod Wair Cat Scratch/Monarch/Customs 8.25"
Real Ishod Wair Monarch/Customs 8.3" (same as Krooked 8.3" above)
Real Ishod Wair Cat Scratch/Monarch 8.5"
Santa Cruz Maurio McCoy Afterglow 8.25"
Santa Cruz Maurio McCoy Transcend VX 8.25"

If there are any different shape symmetrical boards on the market that aren't on this list, please let me know. Thanks homies.

Refer back to that list, maybe add a couple like that DW Neen 8.25 and the CRob 8.25 / 8.5 but still not many (if any others besides CRob) with shorter wheelbases.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #428 on: October 07, 2021, 07:19:47 PM »
In an effort to get this thread back on track, I'm going to post a list of all of the different shapes in my symmetrical collection. If anyone is curious about my experience with them or would like pictures of concaves/overhead shots, let me know.

Alien Workshop Owlien Twin 8.375"
Creature John Gardner Ghosts 8.84"
Creature Live Evil Reanimator 8.2"
Deathwish Neen Williams Extended Trip/Spew 3/Controlled Chaos 8.125"
Deathwish Neen Williams Slayer 8.5"
Flip Team Smiley Pink Twintail 8.25"
Heroin Symmetrical Egg 9.0"
Imperfects Eggball 8.75"
Krooked Bobby Worrest Destroyer/Archur/Liberty 8.3" (same as Real 8.3" below)
Real Ishod Wair Cat Scratch/Monarch 8.0"
Real Ishod Wair Cat Scratch/Monarch/Customs 8.25"
Real Ishod Wair Monarch/Customs 8.3" (same as Krooked 8.3" above)
Real Ishod Wair Cat Scratch/Monarch 8.5"
Santa Cruz Maurio McCoy Afterglow 8.25"
Santa Cruz Maurio McCoy Transcend VX 8.25"

If there are any different shape symmetrical boards on the market that aren't on this list, please let me know. Thanks homies.

Who had the steeper kicks?
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #429 on: October 07, 2021, 09:20:42 PM »

Who had the steeper kicks?

I would be inclined to say between the mainly three woodshops all those boards come from, the Santa Cruz / Creature boards would have the steepest (Dwindle), then middle of the road being all the BBS wood boards - Real, Krooked, Deathwish, Heroin and Alien Workshop, then depending on whether that Flip board was PS Stix (mellow) or Clutch (medium / mellow) but I don't know where Imperfects are made.

EDIT: Looked up Imperfects, so I guess they might be up there, but I thought Watson wood was mellow too.

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=100279.msg3606769#msg3606769

https://www.imperfects.co/collections/skate

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #430 on: October 07, 2021, 10:08:35 PM »
The above post is spot on.

That said, in one of the recent and shittier BATB12 matches, one of the dudes is skating the AWS Owlien Twin and just looking at it in the video it looked steep AF to me.

EDIT: This one: https://youtu.be/P4CflPS6YwQ

Timestamped:

https://youtu.be/P4CflPS6YwQ?t=122

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #431 on: October 08, 2021, 01:36:14 AM »
Yeah totally.

Also interesting it doesn't seem like the kicks are the same either, but it could just be my eye... or the angle of the pic.

I just happened to pause it right on that frame, so took a screen of it.

MaXX_I-D

« Reply #432 on: October 09, 2021, 09:28:07 PM »
Has anyone skated an Ishod 8.0 or 8.25 twin tail and a deck with a 14.38 wb? They’re supposed to be a 14.3 and 14.33 wb so I was wondering if there was actually a noticeable difference.

Fhk

« Reply #433 on: October 10, 2021, 05:00:48 AM »
Has anyone skated an Ishod 8.0 or 8.25 twin tail and a deck with a 14.38 wb? They’re supposed to be a 14.3 and 14.33 wb so I was wondering if there was actually a noticeable difference.
I have skated both of those and disliked them compared to the 8.38 (which I love) I'm probably biased on the size because 8.3 is my favorite width of any deck. However imo there is no comparison between a normal 8.3 and a TT 8.3 The wheelbase doesn't mean much with these, because the measurements/shapes are so odd to begin with. Look at the two top pros that skate the TT they both prefer to skate wide wb trucks on their TT setup.

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #435 on: October 11, 2021, 10:34:02 PM »
SoCal isn’t the best when it comes to dims.

https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Deathwish_Neen_The_Beast_Within_Deck/descpage-SCDNBW82DK.html?from=gshop

Listed as a twin tail; email them and ask!

streetmeat

• Rep: 172
« Reply #436 on: October 12, 2021, 09:01:28 AM »

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #437 on: October 13, 2021, 08:34:58 AM »
https://www.tactics.com/chocolate/roberts-twin-chunk-85-twin-shape-skateboard-deck/orange

8.25s in both colors too

I hope they downsize this to an 8.0 with everything else staying the same in the future. I did buy the 8.25 though to give it a shot.

Mariatorresflores

• Rep: -95
« Reply #438 on: October 13, 2021, 01:44:47 PM »
Yeah totally.

Also interesting it doesn't seem like the kicks are the same either, but it could just be my eye... or the angle of the pic.

Behind on the convo but I was just going to say the AWS TT is the steepest I've ridden so far. Haven't tried Neen's shape yet but the Owlien really does feel like 2 noses while DLX's feels like 2 tails.

Compared to the DLX 8.3. TT I actually liked it a bit better. The kicks were also blunter/more boxy which I felt helped out my heel flips and made it easier to fudge through sketchy landings; more deck to stand on = less toe and heel dragging for me. Also noticably lighter, but of course not slick.

Where are the AWS TT's though? I bought that one a year ago and haven't seen one for sale anywhere in at least 6 months. I really was hoping that shape would stick around. If it was more available I'd probably switch over from DLX.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #439 on: October 13, 2021, 04:53:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Yeah totally.

[close]

Behind on the convo but I was just going to say the AWS TT is the steepest I've ridden so far. Haven't tried Neen's shape yet but the Owlien really does feel like 2 noses while DLX's feels like 2 tails.

Compared to the DLX 8.3. TT I actually liked it a bit better. The kicks were also blunter/more boxy which I felt helped out my heel flips and made it easier to fudge through sketchy landings; more deck to stand on = less toe and heel dragging for me. Also noticably lighter, but of course not slick.

Where are the AWS TT's though? I bought that one a year ago and haven't seen one for sale anywhere in at least 6 months. I really was hoping that shape would stick around. If it was more available I'd probably switch over from DLX.

I officially retired my last (had a few on ice) Worrest slick TT due to bailing uber hard for the second time at the same spot (last two major bail/injuries have come from this specific deck) even tho it still has a ton of life left but fuck this particular deck (the others were fine). After the Neen, the slick (and dare I say dlx) shape and wood was just too damn clunky (even the non-slicks that I've ridden in the TT).

So I'm looking at the Owlien for my next twin (and if the kicks are more boxy, I'm in, especially with it seeming steep; the neen is flat as fuck).

I've only ever seen them for sale at the AWS/SS website or Parade.

https://www.alienworkshop.com/products/owlien-twin-8-375-p-b

https://www.paradeworld.com/products/alien-workshop-deck-837-owlien-twin-131-6792375304344/ (out of stock)

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #440 on: October 13, 2021, 09:52:46 PM »
I know Aussie shops just got a solid drop of Alien Workshop and there were definitely some Owlien Twins in there, but that doesn't help you guys in the USA.

Thought I had seen some around when I did a search not too long ago, but they might have all sold and shops haven't re upped the orders.

DaSk8D00D

• Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #441 on: October 14, 2021, 07:49:36 AM »
Been skating the Neen Deathwish 8.25 with thunders and have been enjoying it. I'm switching to Ventures though and want to pair them with shorter wheelbases (even the Neen at 14.25 is a little shorter than my usual) so I ordered one of the Chocolate Twin shapes with the 14in wheelbase to try out afterwards

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 202
  • Get bent
« Reply #442 on: October 14, 2021, 08:18:49 AM »
I skate the ishod TT with ventures and it’s my favorite, I love how mellow it feels and the wheelbase works for me doesn’t feel too short, maybe I don’t know what the fuck I’m talking about though
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

l1ll1ll1

• Rep: 56
« Reply #443 on: October 14, 2021, 02:57:24 PM »
I skate the ishod TT with ventures and it’s my favorite, I love how mellow it feels and the wheelbase works for me doesn’t feel too short, maybe I don’t know what the fuck I’m talking about though

Oi, which Ishod TT and which Ventures do you run? Made the switch from Venture 5.6 Hi Hollow to Indy TI 149s when switching to the 8.3 Ishod.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Get bent
« Reply #444 on: October 14, 2021, 04:08:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Oi, which Ishod TT and which Ventures do you run? Made the switch from Venture 5.6 Hi Hollow to Indy TI 149s when switching to the 8.3 Ishod.

My bad, the 8.3…and I wanna say I got 5.6s on my shit, but they may be 5.8, I don’t skate the hollows or whatever I just skate the regular polished ones
You want some queso?”

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #445 on: October 14, 2021, 08:06:43 PM »

Hazesack

• Rep: 4
« Reply #446 on: October 15, 2021, 07:56:30 AM »
Today was the first time trying a Twin Tail Deck. It took 5mins to get used and it’s so fucking good. I already fell in love with it. I treated myself new trucks with the deck and hope there will be twin tail decks in the future, though I don’t think I will pay the 10€ extra for the 8.3 slick next time and just get the 8.25 or try another company.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Get bent
« Reply #447 on: October 15, 2021, 08:48:39 AM »
Today was the first time trying a Twin Tail Deck. It took 5mins to get used and it’s so fucking good. I already fell in love with it. I treated myself new trucks with the deck and hope there will be twin tail decks in the future, though I don’t think I will pay the 10€ extra for the 8.3 slick next time and just get the 8.25 or try another company.

Kinda feel like I’m the only dude that really likes the slick TT, oh well they work for me
You want some queso?”

Hazesack

• Rep: 4
« Reply #448 on: October 15, 2021, 08:52:30 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Kinda feel like I’m the only dude that really likes the slick TT, oh well they work for me

I honestly didn’t feel any difference sliding, but I was at  a brand new park, so maybe that had something to do with it, but all in all i loved it so far.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Get bent
« Reply #449 on: October 15, 2021, 09:10:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I honestly didn’t feel any difference sliding, but I was at  a brand new park, so maybe that had something to do with it, but all in all i loved it so far.

That was the biggest difference to me, I’ve never had a slick before till this one, and it’s helps me a lot, I’m kind of a slow skater though, so anything to help me get a couple more inches out of a slide
You want some queso?”