Author Topic: Was Keenan Milton A Victim Of Manslaughter? (Apologies For The Morbidness)  (Read 42801 times)

no habla mango

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -64
Re: Was Keenan Milton A Victim Of Manslaughter? (Apologies For The Morbidness)
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2019, 10:55:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
That’s awful. And crazy that it’s been kinda swept under the rug for so long. I wonder if the people in attendance felt so bad for what actually happened they’ve offered up such a vague history. Reminds me of the Cardiel and Van Wastel thing too.
[close]

Don't leave us hanging
[close]

I think he’s referring to Cardiel’s Tent City accident and Van Wastel’s death, the details of which were both left pretty vague to the public for a long time (and still kind of are to some extent).
[close]

All three incidents are examples of how everyone in those situations were so intoxicated that people got hurt or died. If there had been more sober people around, Keenan and Van would be alive and Cardiel would not be disabled.
[close]
I don't know about the Cardiel incident. They were probably highly intoxicated, but that stunt sounds like a pretty normal thing for him to do

Also I thought that Van was locked in a hotel room by his team mates to get him off opiates and he committed suicide?
[close]

You're kinda missing the forest in the trees here. I believe Van jumped/fell(??) because he was bugging from withdrawals...I'd chalk that up to substance abuse even if his death was self inflicted. Cardiel accident is way more vague but not a stretch to say that maybe it wouldn't have happened if people weren't faded.

The point is that substances played a significant role in all of these.
w/d he wouldn't have suffered if his teammates didn't flush his stash. that's why it's downplayed. don't come between a man and his heroin.
[but it should be said i'm just spreading rumors that i wasn't there for like poolgate and brickgate and screwdrivergate]

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2019, 11:00:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
That’s awful. And crazy that it’s been kinda swept under the rug for so long. I wonder if the people in attendance felt so bad for what actually happened they’ve offered up such a vague history. Reminds me of the Cardiel and Van Wastel thing too.
[close]

Don't leave us hanging
[close]

I think he’s referring to Cardiel’s Tent City accident and Van Wastel’s death, the details of which were both left pretty vague to the public for a long time (and still kind of are to some extent).
[close]

All three incidents are examples of how everyone in those situations were so intoxicated that people got hurt or died. If there had been more sober people around, Keenan and Van would be alive and Cardiel would not be disabled.
[close]
I don't know about the Cardiel incident. They were probably highly intoxicated, but that stunt sounds like a pretty normal thing for him to do

Also I thought that Van was locked in a hotel room by his team mates to get him off opiates and he committed suicide?
[close]

You're kinda missing the forest in the trees here. I believe Van jumped/fell(??) because he was bugging from withdrawals...I'd chalk that up to substance abuse even if his death was self inflicted. Cardiel accident is way more vague but not a stretch to say that maybe it wouldn't have happened if people weren't faded.

[close]
w/d he wouldn't have suffered if his teammates didn't flush his stash. that's why it's downplayed. don't come between a man and his heroin.
[but it should be said i'm just spreading rumors that i wasn't there for like poolgate and brickgate and screwdrivergate]

Yes blame it on his friends trying to help him. Hot take.

You should lead the charge in focusgate.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -581
« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2019, 11:10:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Yo what in the fuck are people smoking on here. This dude was at a party with a lot of drugs and alcohol, this dude prolly was obliterated if it is true. What’s illegal(other then the drugs) of a guy jumping off a railing and accidentally hitting someone? This isn’t like fucking Ali and Shane u fucking idiots, he wasn’t driving a motorcycle/car or anything idiotic, he was just partying. It wasn’t like this dude purposefully tried to fall on top of fucking Keenan. If you’ve never been to a pool party where people don’t try to jump in that shit from stupid places, then you have either never been to a pool party, or the ones u go to are lame af.
[close]

You sound like you have jumped onto someones head in a pool before.
[close]

Open and shut case.

I actually don’t like pool parties because shit like this always inevitably happens. I make a conscious effort to avoid them, I would much rather go to a rave or nightclub or warehouse show then go to like Lit pool parties. Dumb shit always happens at them, like bra I’ve had some shitty experiences in Vegas, LA, and NYC before lmfao. Y’all bein soft and weak af tryin to go at me. Sometimes people die and if u don’t think they took a calculated risk on dying, depending on how they die, u a fucking tard. Keenan is a straight fucking gangster, one of the greatest styles on a board. Sometimes sad shit happens, and if u just try to find a way of coping to push blame onto other people, then u aren’t bein a good human because u ain’t bein real.

Shalom fuckheads

Big Cat Clan ain’t nothin to fuck with

“Big Money
Big Cars
We living like Superstars”
TK 3:16

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2019, 11:13:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Yo what in the fuck are people smoking on here. This dude was at a party with a lot of drugs and alcohol, this dude prolly was obliterated if it is true. What’s illegal(other then the drugs) of a guy jumping off a railing and accidentally hitting someone? This isn’t like fucking Ali and Shane u fucking idiots, he wasn’t driving a motorcycle/car or anything idiotic, he was just partying. It wasn’t like this dude purposefully tried to fall on top of fucking Keenan. If you’ve never been to a pool party where people don’t try to jump in that shit from stupid places, then you have either never been to a pool party, or the ones u go to are lame af.
[close]

You sound like you have jumped onto someones head in a pool before.
[close]

Open and shut case.

[close]

I actually don’t like pool parties because shit like this always inevitably happens. I make a conscious effort to avoid them, I would much rather go to a rave or nightclub or warehouse show then go to like Lit pool parties. Dumb shit always happens at them, like bra I’ve had some shitty experiences in Vegas, LA, and NYC before lmfao. Y’all bein soft and weak af tryin to go at me. Sometimes people die and if u don’t think they took a calculated risk on dying, depending on how they die, u a fucking tard. Keenan is a straight fucking gangster, one of the greatest styles on a board. Sometimes sad shit happens, and if u just try to find a way of coping to push blame onto other people, then u aren’t bein a good human because u ain’t bein real.

Shalom fuckheads

"Y’all bein soft and weak af tryin to go at me."

lol

"Sometimes people die and if u don’t think they took a calculated risk on dying, depending on how they die, u a fucking tard."

Also what does this mean? I'm fucking lost.

no habla mango

• Rep: -64
« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2019, 11:45:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Don't leave us hanging
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Yes blame it on his friends trying to help him. Hot take.

You should lead the charge in focusgate.

you right. what a successful intervention!

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2019, 12:59:05 PM »
jesus christ

Yesterdays-pop

• Rep: -388
« Reply #66 on: November 10, 2019, 01:49:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Don't leave us hanging
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

From what I recall hearing-
At a red light Cardiel went to get the lighter/directions from the van towing a trailer in front of their car. The driver of the van took off when the light turned green not knowing cardiel was back there and the trailer hit him. Seems like a freak accident.

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #67 on: November 10, 2019, 01:57:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Don't leave us hanging
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

From what I recall hearing-
At a red light Cardiel went to get the lighter/directions from the van towing a trailer in front of their car. The driver of the van took off when the light turned green not knowing cardiel was back there and the trailer hit him. Seems like a freak accident.
Oh really? I always thought he tried to jump from a moving van to another or something crazy like that

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 314

Madam, I'm Adam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1390
« Reply #69 on: November 10, 2019, 02:40:15 PM »
This is the first time I'm seeing Minnick's name associated with Keenan's death as well. Of course he must've been exonerated of all charges. The whole thing just seems like a huge fucked-up mess - I can't believe people would be so faded/negligent that they'd let someone just float in a pool until they died. I know it was a party with drugs, but still. No one noticed?

Plus, I thought I was the only one confused by the details of Cardiel's accident. I've heard/read it multiple times and still have no idea what really happened. It's always been murky. For the longest time I thought he was bombing a hill and a vehicle hit him.

Jagr

• Rep: 118

Toadfish Rebecchi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
« Reply #71 on: November 10, 2019, 02:48:30 PM »
This is the first time I'm seeing Minnick's name associated with Keenan's death as well. Of course he must've been exonerated of all charges. The whole thing just seems like a huge fucked-up mess - I can't believe people would be so faded/negligent that they'd let someone just float in a pool until they died. I know it was a party with drugs, but still. No one noticed?

Plus, I thought I was the only one confused by the details of Cardiel's accident. I've heard/read it multiple times and still have no idea what really happened. It's always been murky. For the longest time I thought he was bombing a hill and a vehicle hit him.

Read the recent Matt Rod Chrome Ball. Everything is explained there for anyone not already familiar with what happened.
[http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/ea8128aa83b711e383dc1219137b9e09_8.jpg]

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #72 on: November 10, 2019, 02:56:10 PM »

You can't sit there from ur computer chair 20 years later saying which states people are going to be in, 100% noticing all they're surroundings scoping for dead people.  What do you think? that people were laughing it up, "ha ha we're too high on blow to even care about people dying ha ha."  No they were just some people at a party.  Don't tempt fate (lest the same situation happens to you) by condemning people from a party you weren't even there for, not even 1st hand accounts.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 03:01:25 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Madam, I'm Adam

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #73 on: November 10, 2019, 03:07:34 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
  You can't sit there from ur computer chair 20 years later saying which states people are going to be in, 100% noticing all they're surroundings scoping for dead people.  What do you think? that people were laughing it up, "ha ha we're too high on blow to even care about people dying ha ha."  No they were just some people at a party.  Don't tempt fate (lest the same situation happens to you) by condemning people from a party you weren't even there for, not even 1st hand accounts, fucks sakes.

Okay. Well, even if they were "just some people at a party," still kind of strange that with all those people there, no noticed Keenan. Because usually...even if you're at a party, and partying...you still have a brain and have developed awareness of your surroundings. Maybe everyone was completely blackout drunk/faded, sure - but that seems unlikely. Also, thank you for your concern that I'm possibly tempting fate.

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #74 on: November 10, 2019, 03:15:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
  You can't sit there from ur computer chair 20 years later saying which states people are going to be in, 100% noticing all they're surroundings scoping for dead people.  What do you think? that people were laughing it up, "ha ha we're too high on blow to even care about people dying ha ha."  No they were just some people at a party.  Don't tempt fate (lest the same situation happens to you) by condemning people from a party you weren't even there for, not even 1st hand accounts, fucks sakes.
[close]

Okay. Well, even if they were "just some people at a party," still kind of strange that with all those people there, no noticed Keenan. Because usually...even if you're at a party, and partying...you still have a brain and have developed awareness of your surroundings. Maybe everyone was completely blackout drunk/faded, sure - but that seems unlikely. Also, thank you for your concern that I'm possibly tempting fate.

Well it still happened. Or are you suggesting that people saw him floating and just let him die? That seems a lot more unlikely

rusty knees

• Rep: -10
  • I had a photo in SLAP
« Reply #75 on: November 10, 2019, 03:35:31 PM »
i'm with a few others on this one,, never heard of anyone jumping on him....and from what I remember from the info that came out years ago, made it seem like there was no one around when he went into the pool (high and drunk)... and that he couldn't swim either...got found later when it was too late

shitty if this is the true story
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 03:37:08 PM by rusty knees »

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #76 on: November 10, 2019, 03:41:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

Well it still happened. Or are you suggesting that people saw him floating and just let him die? That seems a lot more unlikely

I don't think Adam has read the full thread. The pool was supposedly trashed after 3 days of partying (there were probably solo cups, inflatables, empty beers/cases, etc.) It's more than possible that he got laid out on accident by someone jumping on him/drowned (while also being intoxicated) and no one even noticed that he was in the pool. If it was late, 2-4 am, then I'm sure people were passed out at that point.

Such a sad and horrible situation all around.

Madam, I'm Adam

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #77 on: November 10, 2019, 03:55:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

I don't think Adam has read the full thread. The pool was supposedly trashed after 3 days of partying (there were probably solo cups, inflatables, empty beers/cases, etc.) It's more than possible that he got laid out on accident by someone jumping on him/drowned (while also being intoxicated) and no one even noticed that he was in the pool. If it was late, 2-4 am, then I'm sure people were passed out at that point.

That's true, thanks for pointing that out. I forgot the fact that the pool was trashed, that would've made him harder to notice. My train of thought was that with the pool being out in the open, and the party being so big with lots of people, and him being such a friendly guy who everyone liked, for him to have gone unnoticed is surreal to me. I don't mean to heap guilt on those who were there.

Yesterdays-pop

• Rep: -388
« Reply #78 on: November 10, 2019, 04:11:23 PM »
I remember hearing both sides that he OD’d and that someone jumped on him. If you’re blacked out and jump onto someone in a pool and kill them and there’s a bunch of blow around, the scene could get weird very quick. I’m sure that once everyone at the party realized the death they would freak out. I’m pretty sure everyone at the party told the cops they didn’t know what happened, he had been drinking and doing drugs, found in the pool, supposedly dead in pool for 30min.
I believe it was maybe known through the industry that Keenan had a heart problem so the drugs made sense but that could’ve been made up or something I heard later.
Seems like a freak accident but if you injure someone bad you have to call 911 right away.
Could’ve jumped on him Keenan says I’m ok chills in pool and passes out seconds/minutes later.
Freak accident most likely

Soft Boiled

• Rep: 21
« Reply #79 on: November 10, 2019, 04:47:34 PM »
Where does Minnik 2 Society fit in to all of this? Were y’all saying that HE’S the person to jump off the roof? Talk about a plot twist after 20 years.

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 992
« Reply #80 on: November 10, 2019, 05:31:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

That's true, thanks for pointing that out. I forgot the fact that the pool was trashed, that would've made him harder to notice. My train of thought was that with the pool being out in the open, and the party being so big with lots of people, and him being such a friendly guy who everyone liked, for him to have gone unnoticed is surreal to me. I don't mean to heap guilt on those who were there.

the majority of people don’t understand the reality of drowning .. it happens in pure silence and is very hard to detect someone struggling even when you’re watching and waiting for it to happen . a drowned person will not float but sink and go easily unnoticed
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 229
« Reply #81 on: November 10, 2019, 06:41:02 PM »
Keenan era was a bit before my time, but I always thought "being too drunk and drowning" seemed strange.  Even if he was coked up, I still have a hard time believing that caused him to drown.

People get drunk and drown all the time. Just do a google search on "drinking and drowning". Dennis Wilson (ironically, the only Beach Boy who could surf) famously drowned while drunk diving, while Whitney Houston and Delores O'Riordan drowned in bath tubs while intoxicated. It's generally not a good idea to get drunk before submerging yourself in a substance that you can't breath in, especially if you can't swim.

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #82 on: November 10, 2019, 07:08:36 PM »
so they spent the last 20 years making it sound like it was drugs, and it was his undoing

but completely brush aside the fact someone jumped off a 2nd story patio onto him

more girl/chocolate sketchy shit

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1508
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #83 on: November 10, 2019, 07:12:58 PM »
If you are already freaked out around water, then you should read about dry drowning.

https://www.webmd.com/children/features/secondary-drowning-dry-drowning#1

Sidewalk Funk.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #84 on: November 10, 2019, 07:43:28 PM »
I still remember the moment I found out Keenan died. Didn't realize he was only 26. Dude was so young.

I vaguely recall hearing about Danny Minnick kooking himself out of skating back in the early 2000s, but not for any reasons related to Keenan. Genie of the Lamp was somewhat of a cult classic in late 90s skateboarding though.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 12:37:55 PM by Sidewalk Funk. »

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 255
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #85 on: November 10, 2019, 08:06:14 PM »
Expand Quote
It was drugs/alcohol.

/thread
[close]

Autopsy proved otherwise though... Also people die from alcohol poisoning for sure but it seems he was getting down on the white sack and booze. Unless hes chugging a bottle of booze (which doesn't seem to fit him) no one in a party setting that was 'not wasted' on many accounts, is not going to OD on booze. Also if the white sack was available like the story seems, Kennen would've been more tooted up than anything. People don't die from cocaine.
Everything I heard was drowning from being under the influence. A heart attack could also happen from coke. Saw someone at a party who was found two day laters on the floor on deaths doorstep. His roommate didn’t go home with him that night, so he spent two whole days there. Coma for months.

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
« Reply #86 on: November 10, 2019, 08:24:32 PM »
the majority of people don’t understand the reality of drowning .. it happens in pure silence and is very hard to detect someone struggling even when you’re watching and waiting for it to happen . a drowned person will not float but sink and go easily unnoticed

I'd heard that before but it never really sank in until I had to jump in to pull my niece off the bottom of a pool. I was sitting at a table maybe 10 from the pool and a group of kids were playing on the stairs. All the sudden it got silent and for some reason I stood up and looked over. My niece was at the bottom of the pool flailing in silence and the other kids were swimming down to try to get her up. I ran over and jumped in full clothes to get her out. She was down maybe a minute. Scary shit.

Buck Russell

• Rep: -318
  • Bug or gnat?
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #87 on: November 10, 2019, 09:00:04 PM »
I actually don’t like pool parties because shit like this always inevitably happens. I make a conscious effort to avoid them
you don't get invited to parties..

Rick_Kane

« Reply #88 on: November 10, 2019, 09:16:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'd heard that before but it never really sank in until I had to jump in to pull my niece off the bottom of a pool. I was sitting at a table maybe 10 from the pool and a group of kids were playing on the stairs. All the sudden it got silent and for some reason I stood up and looked over. My niece was at the bottom of the pool flailing in silence and the other kids were swimming down to try to get her up. I ran over and jumped in full clothes to get her out. She was down maybe a minute. Scary shit.

When I was 10 years old I was at an end of season pool party for my little league team. One of my teammates couldn't swim very well or at all but was in the pool in the shallow end doing okay. He got a little more confident and started to make his way over to the deep end holding on to the side of the pool. During this time all the kids were making their way out of the pool because hot dogs and burgers were ready. I was still in the pool when I noticed him lose his grip and he just sank like a rock. I immediately swam down and pulled him up to where he could grab back on to the side and make his way out. No words were spoken between us, it happened so quick. It was a weird thing. There was a backyard full of parents and kids and nobody saw this happen.

Hefe43

• Rep: 175
« Reply #89 on: November 10, 2019, 09:39:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

When I was 10 years old I was at an end of season pool party for my little league team. One of my teammates couldn't swim very well or at all but was in the pool in the shallow end doing okay. He got a little more confident and started to make his way over to the deep end holding on to the side of the pool. During this time all the kids were making their way out of the pool because hot dogs and burgers were ready. I was still in the pool when I noticed him lose his grip and he just sank like a rock. I immediately swam down and pulled him up to where he could grab back on to the side and make his way out. No words were spoken between us, it happened so quick. It was a weird thing. There was a backyard full of parents and kids and nobody saw this happen.

It’s so easy for something like this to happen. When I was 10 my aunts bosses kid was walking along the edge of the pool. They had different types of rock make up the coping and he was hopping from one to another and slipped in. I pulled that little fucker up before he started to sink. It was crazy. I remember not really grasping the fact that I saved his life because I didn’t have to jump in and rescue him or whatever. He fell in got soaked and came right out as fast as he went in.
Tyshawn seems like the kind of guy to hate everyone at least a little bit

This Thing Of Ours