Author Topic: Truck set ups, less popular brands edition  (Read 69213 times)

baustin

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 115
Re: Truck set ups, less popular brands edition
« Reply #60 on: December 31, 2019, 10:44:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
In response to Xen: I’m basically looking for the closest thing to Ace that’s not Ace. China Indy’s seem to be a Stage 12 in a sense but alternative trucks get my truck madness boner going. I tried out some 161 Thunders and like you, even with cast plates and Thunder risers it’s wheelbite city. So between Theeve and Tensor ATG’s, which would you say is the closest to Ace? Thanks for your detailed info so far man.
[close]

I'm not Xen lol but I think the fact that Tensors stretch out the wheelbase so much more than Aces make them not that similar to Ace, so I'd probably guess Theeves? I do feel a hint of Ace in the way the Tensors turn. Though a less twitchy, slightly surfier Thunder is probably the way I'd best describe it.

Expand Quote
I'm curious enough about them to wanna check out pics, especially a side view of the geometry, but I doubt I'd get them.

My list of non-Indy maybe's goes Tensor ATG mag, Film, Ace
I thought I'd read than ATG wheelbase was between Indy and Thunder??
Film/Cliche guy said said Film is between Indy and Thunder. Man, can't remember his name rn..
Both have interlocking bushings. I guessing both where designed by the same guy and made at the same factory. Might have similar geo..
Anyone compared ATG to Film?
[close]

This doesn't answer your question and I haven't had a set of Thunders in a while so can't compare exactly but I'm pretty sure that Tensor ATGs are somewhat far from Indys and much closer to the Thunder end of the spectrum (maybe even the same as Thunders). Someone with all three should check though.
[close]

Theeve is def closest to ACE but still more like Indy as they are not as 'squirrly' as ACE but are more stable and more responsive than Indy. tzhangdox is probably the only other person on the forum that feels about them the way I do: surfy thunders without the wheelbite.

Tensors do push out the WB, no thunders on hand anymore but on the same deck, Tensors are a few mm shorter/pulling in than Ventures. I'm riding them on an 8.28 Anti Hero with a 14.1" WB - my logic is they are only pushing it out a bit, closer to a true 8.25" WB or so.

Nothing feel like ACE, I love the way ACE feel in bowls (but hate the QC and weight), Indy, too slow, thunder too much wheelbite, Theeve, can never get them loose enough without ruining their stability (I've always said if you dislike Indy's slow carve, get aces if you ride loose and Theeve if you ride tight).

The Tensors are not perfect (honestly height being my only issue with them and I would rather a hollow aluminum over mag for longevity) but they aren't causing me any 'madness' so it's what I'm riding for now ;)

Sorry for the image size...I took this when I first got them and felt the Thunder vibe (other truck are 148ti teams). It's not identical but you can see the similarities between them (angle and push/tilt).

I think this picture cured my yearning for Tensors simply because Thunder's cast aluminum looks so much better than the Tensor (magnesium?). I'm sure they are great performing and underrated trucks, but at the end of the day I am shallow and brand/look is just as important as feel to me and the Tensors took kind of toyish here.

usedtostillskate

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -1
« Reply #61 on: December 31, 2019, 11:01:14 AM »
I don't have much to add but I have tensor atg trucks and they are the first trucks I've had that I didn't think about trucks when riding. They turn fine but are responsive and grind really well. Plus they are light which is nice for my old legs. That being said I haven't had trucks I didn't like except krux which turned weird for me. Theeves were awesome but didn't grind well on metal in my experience. Destructo d2s grinded well but I didn't like the turn. Tracker axis we're heavy but otherwise ok.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
« Reply #62 on: December 31, 2019, 12:22:36 PM »
I'm curious enough about them to wanna check out pics, especially a side view of the geometry, but I doubt I'd get them.

Film/Cliche guy said said Film is between Indy and Thunder. Man, can't remember his name rn..
Both have interlocking bushings. I guessing both where designed by the same guy and made at the same factory. Might have similar geo..

Here's my tristar 169s, they're like Indys, but like older indys like a stage 7 or 8 as far design.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #63 on: December 31, 2019, 12:40:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
In response to Xen: I’m basically looking for the closest thing to Ace that’s not Ace. China Indy’s seem to be a Stage 12 in a sense but alternative trucks get my truck madness boner going. I tried out some 161 Thunders and like you, even with cast plates and Thunder risers it’s wheelbite city. So between Theeve and Tensor ATG’s, which would you say is the closest to Ace? Thanks for your detailed info so far man.
[close]

I'm not Xen lol but I think the fact that Tensors stretch out the wheelbase so much more than Aces make them not that similar to Ace, so I'd probably guess Theeves? I do feel a hint of Ace in the way the Tensors turn. Though a less twitchy, slightly surfier Thunder is probably the way I'd best describe it.

Expand Quote

[close]

This doesn't answer your question and I haven't had a set of Thunders in a while so can't compare exactly but I'm pretty sure that Tensor ATGs are somewhat far from Indys and much closer to the Thunder end of the spectrum (maybe even the same as Thunders). Someone with all three should check though.
[close]

Theeve is def closest to ACE but still more like Indy as they are not as 'squirrly' as ACE but are more stable and more responsive than Indy. tzhangdox is probably the only other person on the forum that feels about them the way I do: surfy thunders without the wheelbite.

Tensors do push out the WB, no thunders on hand anymore but on the same deck, Tensors are a few mm shorter/pulling in than Ventures. I'm riding them on an 8.28 Anti Hero with a 14.1" WB - my logic is they are only pushing it out a bit, closer to a true 8.25" WB or so.

Nothing feel like ACE, I love the way ACE feel in bowls (but hate the QC and weight), Indy, too slow, thunder too much wheelbite, Theeve, can never get them loose enough without ruining their stability (I've always said if you dislike Indy's slow carve, get aces if you ride loose and Theeve if you ride tight).

The Tensors are not perfect (honestly height being my only issue with them and I would rather a hollow aluminum over mag for longevity) but they aren't causing me any 'madness' so it's what I'm riding for now ;)

Sorry for the image size...I took this when I first got them and felt the Thunder vibe (other truck are 148ti teams). It's not identical but you can see the similarities between them (angle and push/tilt).

[close]

I think this picture cured my yearning for Tensors simply because Thunder's cast aluminum looks so much better than the Tensor (magnesium?). I'm sure they are great performing and underrated trucks, but at the end of the day I am shallow and brand/look is just as important as feel to me and the Tensors took kind of toyish here.

There is definitely a toy-like quality to the magnesiums because of the matte finish and the impeccable casting. The fit and finish make all other trucks look like they were made at a blacksmith ;) You get over it once they get beat up, I'll grab some pics.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #64 on: December 31, 2019, 01:21:05 PM »
You truck nerds should take a look at some of the Brazilian truck companies, they have some weird shit going there:

Crail trucks are the oldest and more famous, they are similar to thunders I guess. I had a pair when I was like 13 and they were good and affordable (At least from what I remember).
https://www.instagram.com/p/B4Baf5pHVJ0/?igshid=1h9qhyyld4ew0

Found this brand the other day, they sponsor Alex Carolino and they have a quite unique design. Baseplate is interesting...
https://www.instagram.com/p/BwKpvsBBavg/?igshid=14r6x1iyvsc1t

Those are straight up Indy rip-offs. They sponsor Rayssa Leal, the little fairy girl.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BuJ3K2Whp-4/?igshid=1dxfc8l4q6xtc

Those are also a bit whatever, thunder’esq too:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BIkGdXvDbZj/?igshid=3i5skq2j2z6k

Extra:

Polster. Those guys are German and they basically make thunder rip-off. I remember a friend having a pair a long time ago and they were actually quite good for how cheap they were. They actually started doing hollow kingpins quite early on if I recall correctly. Thought they disappeared but another friend is running bought a set recently so I guess they’re still going.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B6Ixl6GonhI/?igshid=1o67c8u3g607g
« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 01:22:37 PM by Sk.A.T.A.N »

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Heather Chandler

« Reply #65 on: December 31, 2019, 03:18:06 PM »
Ordered a pair of Film trucks over the weekend. Got the 6.0/155. Look like the axle is between a thunder and an indy.

animalflesh

« Reply #66 on: December 31, 2019, 03:26:19 PM »
Expand Quote
I honestly rode gull wing pro 3 with the bushings shaved down for like 2 years...

Deep ass turn and the feeling of clicking clacking over that weird groove when you lock into a grind is amazing
[close]
Did you ever find the groove to mess you up ahaha I'm interested in these do they only come in 9.0? in some places they are listed as 8.75

Honestly I didn’t notice much of a difference besides locking in better grinding coping

darkelfdruid

« Reply #67 on: December 31, 2019, 03:52:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Honestly I didn’t notice much of a difference besides locking in better grinding coping
[close]
what are you on now then

darkelfdruid

« Reply #68 on: December 31, 2019, 04:49:04 PM »
Are there any truck experts in chat?

whatsreallygood

• Rep: 9
  • what it do dirty
« Reply #69 on: December 31, 2019, 04:54:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Aesthetically D1s are some of my favorite trucks, but I'm weary to try them since some people have kingpin issues and other love them.
[close]

What kingpin problem?
[close]

Some people on here tried them out and the kingpins got loose real quick. Could just be bad luck and a QC thing to be fair. I'm also not in desperate need of trucks atm so I'm not rushed to get a pair.
[close]

not a problem with my current set

Must be a QC thing, if I need new trucks I'll have to give them a shot.

AssFlea

• Rep: -31
« Reply #70 on: December 31, 2019, 05:03:33 PM »
Ive gotten a bunch of gullwing stuff long long ago.

I had pro 3s
sidewinders which i got for at my shop something else. Beautiful color was like golden apple green truck. I had them on a Jeremy Kline Candy bar.

I loved kline. I would pretend i was him doing fakie nose grinds on the cover of power edge.

At some point i got a set of gull wings that were made of all plastic like the base plate. They were lame. Light as hell though. I gave them to my homie Nick. He loved that truck.

Tracker agros i got when i went to la the first time Heavy fucking things. Lasted about 3 weeks. They grinded very very nicely on unwaxed shit.

I had a bunch of grind kings stages i think the first set had reversed axles and another ones you could slide all the way out and put them back in.

Gk was pretty sick.
I could get that truck so loose and I always had a gk kingpin before that.

I had g&s trucks twice.
The first set i got was from this kid frank or fred. They were orange with the black plastic tips
There was a contest to win a Rocco board. Ha i cant believe I remember that. I didn't place because my boatd was trashed. He gave me his old trucks.

Later when i was really down and out someone gave me gullwings that looked kinda like trackers this was the mid 90s.
They were on a Powell turtle graffic baby board.

i still will always love the t4. I think that was a milestone in truck fun.

I also liked the destructo base plate with a thunder hanger for like a year. That was a good 7 5 7 75 combo.

Ah i love old trucks

Im definitely jumping over to ventures though. Political move. Only fuck with deluxe
_--
xX
^    @
''')'
'''''

satan

• Rep: 38
« Reply #71 on: December 31, 2019, 06:26:32 PM »
Skatan with the treasure trove of unknown truck brands!
I wanted to try do an Indy knockoff every day for a week but I think I'm gonna fall short..

https://www.oriontrucks.com
Might make another comeback with Vision. Yay!

https://madridskateboards.com/collections/caliber-truck-co/products/caliber-standard-hollow-8-5-raw-silver-trucks
8-hole base plates let you shorten wb 3/8" and 3/4"

http://beartrucks.com/?products=polar-bear-t
Another 8-holer
They should list height
http://beartrucks.com/?products=polar-bear
Cuz these are 51mm?

https://shop.paristruckco.com/collections/street-trucks
57mm height!!!
Look like Thunders to me
Shralping means phelper approved, right?
The Paris Street Trucks are made to skate and will take your street, hybrid, or mini-cruiser skateboards to new levels. These trucks are ideal for any board including the smallest mini-cruisers to the largest double kick boards alike. With a taller profile than standard conventional trucks, you will have more clearance and less wheelbite.

Available in 108mm, 129mm, 149mm and 169mm.

You should ride 108mm Paris Street Trucks if…
– you ride a board  6” to 7” wide
– You wanna shralp all day

356.2 virgin aluminum gravity molded
Secondary heat treatment for added strength & durability
Tall – 57.15 mm axle height for added wheel clearance
Paris 93a urethane bushings
Grade 8 steel axles and branded kingpins
Faced Hangers
6-hole baseplate
Guaranteed for Life

satan

« Reply #72 on: December 31, 2019, 07:45:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Huh what?
How are they different?
And weren't the Ti hangers made in China from the beginning? And Stage 11 forged base plates?
[close]

Yup, forged plates were always done overseas. They never had that setup at Ermico. Same with Thunder and Venture forged plates.

As for the "soft" stage XII thing. Personal opinion, I'm going to disagree. Unless you're counting the fact the urethane components are different (definitely better) and the aluminum texturing (more refined) is slightly different. The height, width, meat on the hanger, and yoke, are completely the same, you could interchange the hangers and plates. If you upgrade the pivot cups and bushings on a USA stage XI, it's going to be almost impossible to tell them apart. If you look at the difference between stage VII and VIII you have a massive cosmetic overhaul, or stage X and stage XI which have the difference between not turning and turning fantastically. There's no such difference between a USA and China made stage XI.
Thanks. I remember ppl talking about this now. I think someone might have called it Stage 11.5 too. I've got some opinions on that and I'm thinking no real change too, should be just cosmetic.

Before I get into that..
Is a Stage 10 forged base plate different than Stage 11 forged?
Besides the design on the bottom, and Stage 10 says made in USA.
I've got some Stage 10 plates with the goofy long kingpin..

Most of my casting knowledge comes from reading about automotive stuff (like cylinder heads) and watching how it's made shows on tv. Foundries and casting are interesting to me.

As I understand casting...
I thinking about hangers here..
You start with a master that looks just like your finished product. You use this master to make cores. Cores are made from sand like mud/clay, it's packed around the cores and baked solid? The cores wear out and are disposable, they're like sandstone and can erode. That master you wanna protect with your life..
The master probably doesn't look like 1 hanger; it's gonna be 6, 8, 12 hangers in a shape that'll fit in the casting "box".
Molten Al is poured into 1 end of the box and flows to the bottom. Or poured from 2 points and flows to the center. Flowing to the center can cause issues as the alloy is cooler when it meets and might not fuse together properly, they'll be a tiny "crack" there or one could start there.
I'm pretty sure the mold holds the axles and they're cast in, drilling and press-fit doesn't seem like a good idea here.

Cores are made from sand but that tech has evolved too. Look at OEM aluminum cylinder heads from the 70's, 80's, 90's, etc and you'll see the casting quality get better, there is progressively less and less texture thru the decades. I'm guessing they were able to use finer grain sand.
Some places use dies (metal molds) instead of casting, this should give a smoother surface finish.

The newest casting tech I've seen (and I haven't paid attention in years) is the green sand for molds. Think it makes a smoother surface and the molds last longer. Also think they do something like add oil to the sand to help it hold together.

Polishing..
Google stuff like REM chem, REM ISF, or isotropic superfinishing.
It's just done in a huge vibratory tumbler that looks like a giant bundt cake mold. Uses ceramic media and you can do it wet (water) or dry. REM also uses a mild acid to "pickle" the metal surface.
You get lotsa aluminum dust and it might be mixed with water.. In Cali I'd guess you can't just send that to the water treatment plant, idk, maybe you can without EPA hassles. China? Probably send that water wherever you want. Gutters, rivers, whatever.
I could see them polishing stuff a lil more just cuz of this. Then factor in lower energy and labor costs? Larger factory? More tumblers? Sure, leave the stuff in the polisher for a lil longer, we're still making $$$$$$$$

So what?
If the factory moves from one part of SF to another does the Stage change cuz the surface finish looks better? New factory has a better polishing system..
Did the dimensions change? Are they still using the same master? Just send those to China, right?
And this stuff is CAD designed now, right? Really easy to whip up a fresh master..
Cheap labor in China means more time/man-hours for guys to make molds, better quality molds for the same prices, and replacing those molds more often. With that alone you could get better surface finish. Just a change in the casting sand could do that..
I already said they could polish the stuff more too
Bushings? Too small a change to matter to me and those might have changed at anytime without us knowing. Who's really checking pivot bushings with every Indy delivery? They were sneaking Supercush bushings into the Ti trucks for how long before ppl noticed?

Some stuff on casting
http://www.autospeed.com/cms/article.html?&title=Metal-Casting-Part-1&A=112614

http://www.autospeed.com/cms/article.html?&title=Metal-Casting-Part-2&A=112615

http://www.autospeed.com/cms/article.html?&title=Metal-Casting-Part-3&A=112616
« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 09:38:12 PM by satan »

Donald Rump

« Reply #73 on: December 31, 2019, 08:04:44 PM »
Lots of interesting posts here and trucks to ponder about. I never new about the Brazilian truck industry, pretty fascinating.

I've tried Mini Logo trucks (8.38) and really liked them. They weren't perfect but are awesome if you want a lower truck that turns. I stayed stock bushings but changed the pivot for riptides. The only thing I didn't like about the stock cushions was the adjustability, I like loose trucks but if you tightened them just a wee bit like half a turn it would have a drastic effect on the turn. So I kept them pretty much factory setting.

animalflesh

« Reply #74 on: December 31, 2019, 11:10:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
what are you on now then
[close]

I ride ACE trucks basically exclusively now

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #75 on: January 01, 2020, 07:27:31 AM »
Some sites have Tensor ATG sizes listed differently than other sites. Some have the 5.25 at 7.87 something axle length and others have it at 8. Same with the rest of the sizes (5.5, etc...). Anyone know which one is accurate?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #76 on: January 01, 2020, 07:33:57 AM »
Some sites have Tensor ATG sizes listed differently than other sites. Some have the 5.25 at 7.87 something axle length and others have it at 8. Same with the rest of the sizes (5.5, etc...). Anyone know which one is accurate?
My 5.5 are 8.25
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #77 on: January 01, 2020, 07:50:45 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
My 5.5 are 8.25
listed here on this size chart via thank you supply

Sundaynuggets

« Reply #78 on: January 01, 2020, 08:00:12 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
My 5.5 are 8.25

Cool, thanks!

Sundaynuggets

« Reply #79 on: January 01, 2020, 08:00:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
My 5.5 are 8.25
[close]
listed here on this size chart via thank you supply

Gotcha, thanks!

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #80 on: January 01, 2020, 08:17:11 AM »
Tensor tens had (has?) 7.875, 8.125, 8.375, atg is 8.0, 8.25 and 8.5.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 871
« Reply #81 on: January 01, 2020, 10:55:17 AM »
Now this is a thread I can get behind!

Outside of Indy and venture I've only had destructos and royals back in the day.
I really liked the destructos, the set I had was actually pretty carvy; thought they felt pretty similar to Indys.

I remember not liking the royals and the kingpin on one of them snapped not long into skating em.

There's 2 models (actually I guess 3 now with the 6.0 Squadrons) of Destructo. The D1 is a higher, carvier truck with barrel bottom/cone top bushings similar to Indy while the D2 is a little lower with cone/cone and more responsive like a Thunder. I've got the D2 and I love them, to me they feel like a deeper turning version of a Thunder, they have that really quick snappy response but you can lean into them a bit more before they bottom out or wheel bite. I think one of the best things about them is the bushings... I even ordered some spare D1 bushings to use in my Indy/Ventures because I liked them so much.

As for the Tensor sizing - as bbk said the older/lower Tens models have the weird axle lengths (5.5 is 8.125, 5.75 is 8.375 etc) which is why you'll see them listed that way on some sites. The ATG and Alloys have the standard axle lengths listed on the graphic there so keep that in mind if you're looking for them. Easy way to ID them is the baseplate on the Tens models has a "10" while the ATG/Alloys just have the little Tensor flag thingy. Tens hanger is fatter and more "V" shaped (similar to a Venture hanger) while ATG is thinner and more "T" shaped. Both are ridiculously light. Btw, can someone who has aluminum Tensors tell me what they weigh? I don't think I've ever actually seen a weight for them at any size.

Other smaller brands I have:

Fury - Pretty good trucks but hard to find the modern ones, especially in 8.25. Fairly light and quite similar to a Thunder standard in pretty much every way although I think they've got a slightly less responsive turn.

Theeve - I have TiAx v2 which apparently suffer from some QC issues, although I got lucky and mine are fine. Very stable on center but also really tight, almost unpredictable turn once you lean into a little bit. Kind of a weird amalgamation of a Venture and an Ace, I've found they work best with a mid-long wb.

I also recently got a pair of 8.25" TiHanger axle-less Theeves. Yes, the ones that they want $250 for (I paid about a third of that). They're pretty wild, you can tell how much engineering went into them and there's so little material in certain spots of the hanger that it kind of blew me away. They're super light (but not as light as Tensor mag lights) and super responsive. I think they have some of the smallest space between axles, so they're super nimble and turn on a dime. They don't feel like anything else I've ridden so it's hard to give a good description except to say that I love them. If I had to pick one set of trucks to ride for the rest of my life it would probably be these.

Sundaynuggets

« Reply #82 on: January 01, 2020, 11:32:21 AM »
So, this is the source of my confusion on the Tensor axel lengths (if you scroll down to the truck size guide). I can’t remember where else I saw the odd in between sizes but it looks like everyone here and also the Thank you supply site says they are 5.25=8, etc...which makes more sense :

https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Tensor_Mag_Light_Reg_50_Trucks/descpage-TNMR8TR.html?from=gshop&gclid=EAIaIQobChMImMvLuI_j5gIVDniGCh2W9QvjEAQYASABEgJ2KPD_BwE

« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 11:33:57 AM by Sundaynuggets »

BeanieMcGee

• Rep: 5
« Reply #83 on: January 01, 2020, 12:53:40 PM »
Ordered a pair of Film trucks over the weekend. Got the 6.0/155. Look like the axle is between a thunder and an indy.

Give an update once you get to skate them. I’ve been interested in trying a pair myself.

satan

« Reply #84 on: January 01, 2020, 06:00:04 PM »
Do I seem like a Tracker fanboy? I hope not.
If you guys don't know the Indy vs Tracker history you should watch Grosso's truck wars..
Norcal = NHS, Indy, Thrasher, DLX
Socal = Tracker, Transworld
Basically cool guys vs dorks

https://www.trackertrucks.com

https://selectskateshop.com/collections/tracker-trucks

https://www.larrybalma.com

https://m.youtube.com/user/Trackersince1975

Fucking insane!
Hand drilling hangers and pressing in axles!
If any of those axles are square with the pivot nub it's just by luck. Precision this is not.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Zc984YwtXgk

There's a master at the beginning of this vid
They use the lost wax method to leave a hollow void for the axles
And they destroy the mold to get the hangers out. Very labor intensive..
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Switx0LFt90

This vid shows axles cast into the hangers
I think it's permanent molds that split in half but idr. edit: nope, they crush the molds at the end
He does mention adding silicon to the alloy.. 356 already has silicon in it. They add more? This isn't normal for a casting foundry. They usually use ingots of whatever alloy they want for their final product, they don't make their own alloys. And I bet Tracker isn't doing mass spectrometer testing to determine the elemental %'s of this new alloy. Maybe once to check, but definitely not on every batch, too expensive.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ddRjg2HtYtU
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 07:41:07 PM by satan »

ultrabra

• Rep: 4
« Reply #85 on: January 02, 2020, 01:10:28 AM »
Mini logo trucks are good/great. I have skated mostly a miniramp lately with Thunders 148. But got a couple of risky wheelbite situations, so i put back my ML's.
When outdoorseason begins, i think it's back to the thunders.

I wannna test those Film trucks though.
Does anyone know how high they are 51mm? If it is over 53mm i'm out.

Bongwater Mojito

• Rep: 50
« Reply #86 on: January 02, 2020, 05:25:56 AM »

Been on them since February 2019, here are some measurements for 5.5"/145 model, which I have waiting to replace current ones:

- weight 361g
- height 53mm
- hanger width 143mm
- axle width 210mm
- WB change +2 7/8" (73mm)

Wanted to try something new, and price was right for us Europeans. Had bit problems breaking the bushings in, but after few sessions all was good for me. Turn is good, not as fast as Aces, but adequate. For an old guy doing slappies, works well at least. Baseplate sticks out enough to clear tail/noseslides with 53mm wheels. Easier to wheelbite than Aces, but hasn't really been a problem.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 12:32:41 AM by Bongwater Mojito »

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1891
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #87 on: January 02, 2020, 05:56:39 AM »
Getting a pair of Tensor Mag Lights 5.25 from a friend:

https://thankyousupply.com/products/ten-mag-light-white

Would they work on 54mm wheels?
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #88 on: January 02, 2020, 07:36:32 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Been on them since February 2019, here are some measurements for 5.5"/145 model, which I have waiting to replace current ones:

- weight 361g
- height 51mm (at least clearly lower feel than Indy or Ace, see attached pic)
- hanger width 143mm
- axle width 210mm

Wanted to try something new, and price was right for us Europeans. Had bit problems breaking the bushings in, but after few sessions all was good for me. Turn is good, not as fast as Aces, but adequate. For an old guy doing slappies, works well at least. Baseplate sticks out enough to clear tail/noseslides with 53mm wheels. Easier to wheelbite than Aces, but hasn't really been a problem.

Height should be middle of axle afaik so those look like around 53 mm high.

ultrabra

• Rep: 4
« Reply #89 on: January 02, 2020, 07:50:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

- weight 361g
- height 51mm (at least clearly lower feel than Indy or Ace, see attached pic)
- hanger width 143mm
- axle width 210mm

[close]

Height should be middle of axle afaik so those look like around 53 mm high.

But the tapemeasure end plus about 2mm? 51mm?
Does the madness continue :o