Author Topic: Loose Fit Pants  (Read 231250 times)

hillbilly shifty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 46
Re: Loose Fit Pants
« Reply #540 on: November 11, 2020, 03:33:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Anyone recommend the Theories stamp work pant? How's the weight for winter? Just released cords too, looking for some corduroy work pants
[close]

I like my theories stamp pants . They run a little short though. I’d say they are a little more heavy than surf pants but still probably cold for winter .

I wear a small in surf pants and have size medium in the stamp pants.

i dig the theories swat cargo. good waist adjustments + ties at the leg openings. roomy in the thighs + knees. thick fabric.
sale on theories site. not much in the way of size choices

https://www.theoriesofatlantis.com/collections/theories-sale/products/copy-of-theories-swat-cargo-pants-camo?variant=6275169812507

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #541 on: November 13, 2020, 02:11:23 AM »
just got some volcom billow pants yesterday, since a friend of mine works for their distribution around here. i think they have the same leg opening as the polar big boys......really roomy, light denim and fit pretty good on me. i usually size up in the waist but these were good in 32.
just have to shorten them a bit and they are good to go

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #542 on: November 13, 2020, 10:38:32 AM »
Anyone have a hard time with Rothco BDU sizing? I love the look of these shits so much but damn I think there's a bunch of variance in sizing from pair to pair.

I'm a 34 waist but when I got the mediums per there size chart they were way too tight at the waist. So I sized up to Large but they're fucking massive. Like, way too big in every dimension.

https://www.rothco.com/size-chart/bdu

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #543 on: November 13, 2020, 10:40:39 AM »
Anyone have a hard time with Rothco BDU sizing? I love the look of these shits so much but damn I think there's a bunch of variance in sizing from pair to pair.

I'm a 34 waist but when I got the mediums per there size chart they were way too tight at the waist. So I sized up to Large but they're fucking massive. Like, way too big in every dimension.

Check out Propper. Twill is a little heavier than Rothcos and the medium fits in the waist exactly like a pair of size 34 Levis. 

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #544 on: November 13, 2020, 11:59:35 AM »
Anyone got the details on the comparison between Levi 569 and 550? I’ve only had 569 but it seems like 550 is a bit more popular and has taper to it. How much is the taper and if you want it to look baggy do you have to go up a waist size? I’m running my current waist size (34) on 569 and it’s just a little bit baggy not too huge or with a low hanging crotch really

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #545 on: November 13, 2020, 02:25:38 PM »
Anyone got the details on the comparison between Levi 569 and 550? I’ve only had 569 but it seems like 550 is a bit more popular and has taper to it. How much is the taper and if you want it to look baggy do you have to go up a waist size? I’m running my current waist size (34) on 569 and it’s just a little bit baggy not too huge or with a low hanging crotch really

at least in europe, depending on when they were made, some 550s also come straight or even in a bootcut.

tapered is what's probably considered the classic cut for the 550 among skaters. they aren't super baggy like big boys, and the taper is so the pant rests more on your shoe than falling behind your heel, if that makes sense. good choice if you wear slimmer vulc shoes that have slim collars but don't want to step on your pantleg ends while having a baggyish look. i personally go up one inch in the waist in all levis, i feel like they run mostly small. if you want them really loose i'd even go up two sizes. i'd try them on though before by all means if you can. levis changes their pants up too much tbh. there's like over a dozen different types of 501s at this point alone, like what's the point.

if you want to look for them on the internet, check that it says tapered (or straight, if you are more into that) and, of course stay away from the bootcut. or not, you do you.

never had 569s so i can't compare, still hope this was somewhat helpful.

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #546 on: November 13, 2020, 10:37:52 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Check out Propper. Twill is a little heavier than Rothcos and the medium fits in the waist exactly like a pair of size 34 Levis.

Thanks dogg. Will look into this!

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 202
  • Get bent
« Reply #547 on: November 15, 2020, 05:51:06 AM »
i got the polar surf pants, loose fit fir sure and comfy. feels so nice too

also may i get a link for those no comply art form cargos?

shapom

They are just rothco baby, go to the company site and order them there, pay 15 bucks less for the same shit
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #548 on: November 15, 2020, 09:57:21 AM »
What are some good pants if you have a big butt?

white guy in a durag

• Rep: 230
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #549 on: November 15, 2020, 11:03:08 AM »
What are some good pants if you have a big butt?
I feel your pain brother. My go to's are polar Surfs and 874s 4 sizes up that I take the waist in.

general notes:
~double tuck pants are always gonna have more room in the seat than flat front pants at the same waist circumference
~draw string pants like the surfs are always gonna have more room
~wearing pants at your natural waist when possible will help

cant kickflip but can tre

• Rep: 9
« Reply #550 on: November 15, 2020, 06:40:56 PM »
A review from the Uniqlo corduroy wide-fit pants

"If you like Polar skate pants or that 90s baggy feel (levi's silver tab), these are an ideal match. These are high waisted so if you want them to sit on your hip, make sure you buy them a little bigger. I'm usually a 30 or 31 so I went up to 33 when 32 wasn't available. While I was recommended the 32, I'm very happy with the 33.
I'm 5'10 and 155 with a slim build and they are a little long when you put them over bulky shoes like Nike SB Blazers. However, cuff 'em like you're Dylan Rieder, but not too high, just one cuff, and you're looking like Carl Aikens out in NYC. (Note* LOOKING, you won't be skating like him, but you'll feel that flow). Highly recommend if you want to be the envy of your friends and end up on the @whatpantsarethose instagram page. What a great fit!"
(https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/men-u-corduroy-wide-fit-work-pants-430875.html?dwvar_430875_color=COL37&cgid=)

treflips_up_yer_nan

« Reply #551 on: November 17, 2020, 01:39:09 PM »

"If you like Polar skate pants or that 90s baggy feel (levi's silver tab), these are an ideal match. These are high waisted so if you want them to sit on your hip, make sure you buy them a little bigger. I'm usually a 30 or 31 so I went up to 33 when 32 wasn't available. While I was recommended the 32, I'm very happy with the 33.
I'm 5'10 and 155 with a slim build and they are a little long when you put them over bulky shoes like Nike SB Blazers. However, cuff 'em like you're Dylan Rieder, but not too high, just one cuff, and you're looking like Carl Aikens out in NYC. (Note* LOOKING, you won't be skating like him, but you'll feel that flow). Highly recommend if you want to be the envy of your friends and end up on the @whatpantsarethose instagram page. What a great fit!"
(https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/men-u-corduroy-wide-fit-work-pants-430875.html?dwvar_430875_color=COL37&cgid=)

These look great.

Anyway i managed to find this absolute beaut new for 30 euros on vinted and it feels like heaven, gonna skate with them toworrw and cant wait  ;D

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #552 on: November 17, 2020, 02:11:27 PM »

ha another pair ended up on the page regardless  https://www.instagram.com/p/CHAq73pFZ20/

sadnocomply

• Rep: 117
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #553 on: November 21, 2020, 10:55:42 AM »
Not sure if it has been stated but the vans rowan jeans are a sick loose fit I’m a 32 in everything and they are pretty baggy and thick. The theories cords are dope as well and loose on me. Very happy with these pants, will order more

Front Blunt

• Rep: -4
« Reply #554 on: November 21, 2020, 03:14:07 PM »
I picked up 2 pairs of obey big boy work pants from my local (TJ Maxx) and they are very big and very comfy but the leg isnt too long so its a perfect balance for me. One love

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #555 on: November 22, 2020, 02:30:49 AM »
I'm skinny....like 30" and I buy 32" 874's because of the high waist...the pants drop to the waist perfectly and I don't need a belt....just wish they tapered a hair....

Is 30 skinny? I've just had to jump upto 32 and feeling like a bit of a chubster. Maybe because I was 28 for so long.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #556 on: November 22, 2020, 05:57:08 AM »
Expand Quote
I'm skinny....like 30" and I buy 32" 874's because of the high waist...the pants drop to the waist perfectly and I don't need a belt....just wish they tapered a hair....
[close]

Is 30 skinny? I've just had to jump upto 32 and feeling like a bit of a chubster. Maybe because I was 28 for so long.
Probably just has to do with how wide a waist you have. There’s pretty skinny dudes that rock 36s.

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #557 on: November 22, 2020, 12:11:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Probably just has to do with how wide a waist you have. There’s pretty skinny dudes that rock 36s.
Jim Greco panatellas

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #558 on: November 22, 2020, 12:52:51 PM »
Not sure if it has been stated but the vans rowan jeans are a sick loose fit I’m a 32 in everything and they are pretty baggy and thick. The theories cords are dope as well and loose on me. Very happy with these pants, will order more
really? mine are much slimmer than i thought they'd be. seems like they loosen up some with wear so maybe that's the trick. quality of them is really good though.

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #559 on: November 22, 2020, 10:37:26 PM »
~wearing pants at your natural waist when possible will help

Damn I JUST learned this after getting Dickies 874's and Ben Davis Original's in the mail and being so confused trying them on.

When pants (like dickies 874) say they sit AT THE WAIST that means at the natural waist. Which is NOT around your hips. It's way higher -- just below the belly button for most people.

I have shorts, and pants that are supposed to be worn below the waist, that I wear really low, like just above asscrack. This has thrown me off for years, thinking I was supposed to wear Dickies and other high rise pants that way and finding them SO tight in the waist. I was just wearing them too low.

Dickies even threw me off because their 873 sits below the waist, like most other bottoms I wear, so I thought that waist size was going to fit me in the 874 if I wore them that low. They won't, because they're not meant to be worn that low.

Maybe this was obvious to everyone else but I'm literally just now discovering that alot of these pants are made to be worn high as fuck.

Vintagebody

• Rep: 76
« Reply #560 on: November 23, 2020, 01:53:10 AM »
A pants/denims rise is very important, and this trend before of a low rise (short distance between groin and top) is terrible. Mid/normal to high rise is superior. For comfort, high rise is the best. Especially if you have a fitter/bigger booty/legs.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #561 on: November 23, 2020, 04:25:02 AM »
A pants/denims rise is very important, and this trend before of a low rise (short distance between groin and top) is terrible. Mid/normal to high rise is superior. For comfort, high rise is the best. Especially if you have a fitter/bigger booty/legs.

I do miss when lowrise jeans were the trend for girls though. So tired of these mom jeans.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #562 on: November 23, 2020, 05:01:38 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I do miss when lowrise jeans were the trend for girls though. So tired of these mom jeans.

Nah. Girls in high rise jeans have big booties. I like the identifier.

Quasi

• Rep: -27
« Reply #563 on: November 23, 2020, 05:04:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Nah. Girls in high rise jeans have big booties. I like the identifier.
I know most of them are just fat and they're hiding it like me

Diocletian

« Reply #564 on: November 23, 2020, 07:40:20 AM »
I sung some praise on those Red Kap pants being comparible if not better than Dickies. Not so sure, I've had two pairs just randomly rip down the leg seam not even skating. I recently purchased those Vans Authentic Chino Glide Pro pants and these things are amazing. Not too loose of a fit but loose enough for my tree trunk thighs so they still have a relaxed look to them. The inside lining and pockets are like silk.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #565 on: November 23, 2020, 03:16:07 PM »
https://www.levi.com/US/en_US/clothing/men/jeans/stay-loose-cottonized-hemp-mens-jeans/p/290370014

Bought these Levis stay loose as well as some non premium/cottonized hemp ones in a darker wash. They're quite good. I got a 36x32 (I'm a true 34 waist) and they're a bit baggier than 36x34 550s, and a little less baggy than 36x34 Polar 93 jeans. Not sure how they compare to silvertabs.

The taper is pretty noticeable. Thought it was a bit much at first but because they kinda run a bit longer than I expected (my inseam is 34-35 ish and 32 was long enough, though I probably sag them a little more than intended since I sized up) the way they stack on your shoe makes the taper a bit more subtle. So even though I'd like the leg opening to be a tad bigger, it works out quite well in practice.

Vintagebody

• Rep: 76
« Reply #566 on: November 24, 2020, 08:20:37 AM »
Levi's Stay Loose has 17" leg opening, which if you ask me is pretty much ideal. I actually want to taper my Polar Big Boys down from 20" to 17". Look at Brad Cromer & Trent Mcclung. Perfectly draped pants (They use Levi's 550s, Silvertabs etc).

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #567 on: November 24, 2020, 08:40:28 AM »
really want to try those uniqlo cords but I'm worried they'll fit like capri pants on me. any one know what the length of a size 34w would be ?

lazer69

• Rep: -95
« Reply #568 on: November 24, 2020, 10:01:53 AM »
Received my first pairs of dickies from a fellow slapper. thanks, my G! Thought they'd be loose, the legs are loose but they sure do hug the hips. All my other pants that are the same size dont  squeeze me like that. In unrelated news, whats the best way to lose some lower belly fat or reduce my hips size a smidge?

cant kickflip but can tre

• Rep: 9
« Reply #569 on: November 24, 2020, 10:08:54 AM »
really want to try those uniqlo cords but I'm worried they'll fit like capri pants on me. any one know what the length of a size 34w would be ?
On their size chart it says the inseam for a 34 is 28.75
Best bet is to probably size up and have them sag down so they reach the bottom