Author Topic: Loose Fit Pants  (Read 231240 times)

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
Re: Loose Fit Pants
« Reply #660 on: December 23, 2020, 07:48:18 AM »
I'm kind of in a pants limbo right now trying to find something good. Holidays has everything sold out everywhere, but I just need a flat front chino type pant that is actually loose in the butt and thighs with a high amount of stretch. I'll either find something that's not truly "relaxed" or "loose" or I'll find something that's so loose I'm swimming in them, which isn't the look I'm going for. Not built slim, always been meaty and now with WFH+winter I'm carrying some extra pounds. Any other beefys who can recommend something? 38-40 waist.

Yo. I got you. The only question is this for work? Also, I know you are in a cold weather state so do you need thick material?

I have been wearing the same pants for work for 5 years. I just wait until the go on sale and buy 3-5 or so.

https://www.macys.com/shop/product/nautica-lightweight-beacon-pants?ID=773314&CategoryID=89&swatchColor=Tuscan%20Tan

They are baggy around the waist and hips but normal in the leg so you are not looking down and pajama pants.

If you need thicker material you might want to try a different Nautica pant. They are made for 40 something dudes who don’t work out and like pants that are relaxed.

Also, I have always had luck with Old Navy for skate pants. Gap also. Both companies have baggie skate board jeans right now. Went and checked them out and the homies are correct, they are straight up Big Boy pants circa 1993.

Some pants I can’t wear are as follows:

Dickies
Carhart
Polo
J Crew
Levi’s
LL Bean

Basically, any pants that are made for men with narrow hips. I also need pants to hit at the hips as I can’t stand wearing pants at the waist.

Good luck.

Diocletian

« Reply #661 on: December 23, 2020, 09:35:40 AM »
Thanks man, those Nautica's are kinda intriguing. Problem is they don't list the material used. Do they have spandex woven in? I ended up ordering these Carhartt's and I'm hoping the waist wont be too tight. Supposed to arrive tomorrow...

https://www.carhartt.com/products/Rugged-Professional-Series-Mens-Relaxed-Fit-Pant-103109

GardenSkater77

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #662 on: December 23, 2020, 09:44:59 AM »
Thanks man, those Nautica's are kinda intriguing. Problem is they don't list the material used. Do they have spandex woven in? I ended up ordering these Carhartt's and I'm hoping the waist wont be too tight. Supposed to arrive tomorrow...

https://www.carhartt.com/products/Rugged-Professional-Series-Mens-Relaxed-Fit-Pant-103109

Yes they have 2% spandex I believe. They stretch really nicely without looking wrinkled. I am a traveling sales person, at least before COVID-19, and I like to have pants that are easy to iron and I can eat lunch and dinner in with customers without feeling waste bite so take that as a yes they’re comfortable.

Diocletian

« Reply #663 on: December 23, 2020, 09:50:37 AM »
Gotcha, yeah I have a corpo desk job but it's not a strict dress code just have to not come in looking like a slob and that's good enough. I stick with flat front pants because of the versatility for being able to go skate or if I need to dress up a little bit. I try to do a cotton/poly blend because the 98% cotton/2% spandex you typically find with office slacks shrink easier and one scrape against the ground and they get shredded up pretty fast. If these carhartts suck I'll probably order those Nauticas.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #664 on: December 23, 2020, 10:23:36 AM »
Expand Quote
I'm kind of in a pants limbo right now trying to find something good. Holidays has everything sold out everywhere, but I just need a flat front chino type pant that is actually loose in the butt and thighs with a high amount of stretch. I'll either find something that's not truly "relaxed" or "loose" or I'll find something that's so loose I'm swimming in them, which isn't the look I'm going for. Not built slim, always been meaty and now with WFH+winter I'm carrying some extra pounds. Any other beefys who can recommend something? 38-40 waist.
[close]

Yo. I got you. The only question is this for work? Also, I know you are in a cold weather state so do you need thick material?

I have been wearing the same pants for work for 5 years. I just wait until the go on sale and buy 3-5 or so.

https://www.macys.com/shop/product/nautica-lightweight-beacon-pants?ID=773314&CategoryID=89&swatchColor=Tuscan%20Tan

They are baggy around the waist and hips but normal in the leg so you are not looking down and pajama pants.

If you need thicker material you might want to try a different Nautica pant. They are made for 40 something dudes who don’t work out and like pants that are relaxed.

Also, I have always had luck with Old Navy for skate pants. Gap also. Both companies have baggie skate board jeans right now. Went and checked them out and the homies are correct, they are straight up Big Boy pants circa 1993.

Some pants I can’t wear are as follows:

Dickies
Carhart
Polo
J Crew
Levi’s
LL Bean

Basically, any pants that are made for men with narrow hips. I also need pants to hit at the hips as I can’t stand wearing pants at the waist.

Good luck.

Patagonia pants are expensive as fuck but they're high quality, durable but not uncomfortable material like carharrt work pants, wick water, and if the company is dope about repairs/giving you new clothes if they rip. Prana makes a good pair of pants too, you can get the Bronson model for under $50 online at various retailers right now. Super comfy and durable.
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

kimura

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 15
« Reply #665 on: December 23, 2020, 07:18:02 PM »
I’ve tried Dickies but I can’t stand the clasp instead of a button on the waist. I want to like them but there are such better options out there.

j....soy.....

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #666 on: December 23, 2020, 10:50:48 PM »
They're the Indy bushings of pants.....not good but everyone uses them.....

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #667 on: December 24, 2020, 01:35:57 AM »
They're the Indy bushings of pants.....not good but everyone uses them.....

i own like ten pairs of dickies, but this is true.

they are cheap, relatively tough for the price and sort of formless in a non-discriminating way. and that's about it.

i'm not replacing mine anymore since i can't get em as cheap as i used to.

ballintoohard

« Reply #668 on: December 24, 2020, 07:44:57 AM »
Ben Davis Trim Fit are exponentially better than 874.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #669 on: December 24, 2020, 08:24:12 AM »
Dickies 874 = simple, sturdy, long lasting and fits what I need in the pockets without being too bulky. Given the advice once, they fit best in a size up with a belt and that definitely works for me.

I buy them exactly fitting so I don‘t need a belt. Never put anything in the sidepockets, because stuff tends to fall out. Strangely I have to buy size W33 on the dark grey ones whereas I need W34 on the beige ones.  :o
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Roald Dahnkle

• Rep: 28
« Reply #670 on: December 24, 2020, 09:19:10 AM »
Dickies feel and fit like shit. Tried 874s once and it was like permanently credit carding a cardboard box.

foureyedjim

« Reply #671 on: December 24, 2020, 09:37:21 AM »
Don’t like the regular dickies anymore.  I do like their relaxed fit carpenter pants.  It comes in a tough max stretch variant too but they seem low on stock on their site.  The regular fit of the stretch carpenter pants, if sized up, are a good option too, just not as baggy.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #672 on: December 24, 2020, 09:42:13 AM »
Dickies feel and fit like shit. Tried 874s once and it was like permanently credit carding a cardboard box.

yeah, that's why everyone sizes up two notches with them. i think the croch is really short on all the ones that are shorter than 32 length. so even though i fit 30 in most pants, i gotta get them in 32x32, and then hem off like one inch in length. 30x30 is way too tight. it fits at the waist, but there's no room for balls and ass and legs.

always buy dickies as if you were a fat person.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #673 on: December 24, 2020, 10:10:24 AM »

What do you mean by „as if“  ;D
why come?

ballintoohard

« Reply #674 on: December 24, 2020, 10:20:21 AM »
I’m telling you, go Ben Davis. They have better fabric, are made much better, don’t have weird sizing inconsistencies, and last. Dickies are the last brand of workwear I will buy.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #675 on: December 24, 2020, 11:10:10 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

you want to be able to fit both arms and two 40oz bottles and a large burrito with fries in the crotch area. that is the right size.

barbarino

• Rep: 0
« Reply #676 on: December 24, 2020, 01:03:30 PM »
I’m telling you, go Ben Davis. They have better fabric, are made much better, don’t have weird sizing inconsistencies, and last. Dickies are the last brand of workwear I will buy.
100%

A little more pricey (which has probably been touched on), but the extra bucks you shell out go a long way compared to some booty Dickies.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #677 on: December 24, 2020, 01:04:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
100%

A little more pricey (which has probably been touched on), but the extra bucks you shell out go a long way compared to some booty Dickies.

How do ben davis originals fit compared to dickies, levis 550s or polar pants?

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #678 on: December 24, 2020, 01:24:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

you want to be able to fit both arms and two 40oz bottles and a large burrito with fries in the crotch area. that is the right size.

In the 90s I had a pair of Droors that large. Sometimes the bloard would disappear in them.  ;D
why come?

shawngreg

• Rep: 64
« Reply #679 on: December 24, 2020, 02:22:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
100%

[close]

same question- should i get the same waist and length i do in dickies?

barbarino

• Rep: 0
« Reply #680 on: December 24, 2020, 04:48:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
100%

[close]

[close]

same question- should i get the same waist and length i do in dickies?
From my experience, the OG cut is similar to the 874s at least with the waist, both pants (874 and Ben) I've had were 31s in waist. The length you can take the same as your Dickies, just bear in mind that the leg opening (or hem or whatever) on the Ben Davis runs a little wider compared to the 874. Not too sure how they fit compared to 550s or surf pants - I have not skated in denim in forever.

ballintoohard

« Reply #681 on: December 24, 2020, 04:49:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
100%

[close]

The Trim fit are about the same as 874 they are not trim at all. Normal Ben Davis are quite massive. Neither taper. I wear the same waist size, but I have weird birthing hip. At most go one waist size up. They do seem more true to length tho.

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #682 on: December 24, 2020, 06:30:13 PM »
Hmmm so it sounds like due to no taper and just a wider cut in general, lets say a 36 in dickies 874 fit you good, a 34 in Ben Davises would probably give the same sihouette?

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #683 on: December 24, 2020, 06:40:20 PM »
I got the Ben Davis slims....way too tight and weird....is it weird how fixated we are on workwear?  Like these companies are the experts......

Diocletian

« Reply #684 on: December 24, 2020, 09:15:39 PM »
Never heard of nor seen that Ben Davis logo before, I think it's rad. Based on the pics alone, they look higher quality than Dickies. Wish they had some spandex woven in though, ever since companies started doing that with pants I can't go back to normal ones.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -116
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #685 on: December 25, 2020, 05:34:47 PM »
Recently have been into the Dickies 874’s in flex fit & the 67’s in regular fit. They are true to size and do not disappoint. Softer and you can opt out of a belt. Other tip; don’t dry them in the dryer. Did that & they shrunk; thankfully dickies sent me a new pair no questions asked. Hang dry ‘em. 

I go TTS for a slimmer/more straight fit BUT there is still room.

topfrog10

• Rep: 6
« Reply #686 on: December 30, 2020, 05:00:19 PM »
a my genetics fucked me over and i have far from the skinny skater stereotype leg but i love a good baggy pants. i have 550s in my tts and they fit a little odd on my thigh, they kinda hang on my thigh before they show baggy on the rest of my leg. anyone know pants that would run baggy through and not have this hang or am i perpetually fucked in my attempt to rock baggy jeans successfully?

GardenSkater77

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #687 on: December 30, 2020, 05:30:18 PM »
a my genetics fucked me over and i have far from the skinny skater stereotype leg but i love a good baggy pants. i have 550s in my tts and they fit a little odd on my thigh, they kinda hang on my thigh before they show baggy on the rest of my leg. anyone know pants that would run baggy through and not have this hang or am i perpetually fucked in my attempt to rock baggy jeans successfully?

Try Gap or Old Navy. Or even Rustler at Walmart which is the senior citizen jean of choice—my dad and father in law both rock dem shits.The cheaper the Jean the baggier they tend to be around the thigh because they are trying to accommodate a wide percentage of the population that do not have skinny legs.

I have never owned a pair of Levi’s, Carhart’s, or Dickies that fit my thighs properly. Buying 2 sizes up feels silly to me. Always felt Gap/Old Navy was made with adult bodies in mind. I don’t wear skate pants cause they are made for boys. Also Gap/Old Navy Relaxed hit below the hips. They even have a baggy cut now which a few posters on the last page are fucking wit. I hate pants shopping. Good luck.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #688 on: December 30, 2020, 07:23:50 PM »
as someone who wears 36 inseam, what size do i go for in the polar surf pants? debating on either L or XL but cant make returns due to them being on sale
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #689 on: December 30, 2020, 07:26:47 PM »
as someone who wears 36 inseam, what size do i go for in the polar surf pants? debating on either L or XL but cant make returns due to them being on sale

I'm 34-35, XL. L is much too short. Depending on whether you want to sag them a bit or really have them high waisted, even XL can be a teeny bit cropped sometimes.