Author Topic: Loose Fit Pants  (Read 231185 times)

Lukabrazi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
Re: Loose Fit Pants
« Reply #1050 on: May 11, 2021, 06:54:48 PM »
The magenta elastic waist denim pants are pretty sick

https://www.instagram.com/p/COfLrChlcnJ/?igshid=by49fd5wsx1m

topfrog10

• Rep: 6
« Reply #1051 on: May 13, 2021, 05:27:36 PM »
Coming in hot with two different pants I've purchased based off this thread and my initial impressions.
The navy pair are the Gap Factory Easy Pants. These are size XL and they are definitely too big on my waist but I really like the fit everywhere else. Don't wear a huge amount of tapered pants but I like these ones, they are a cropped fit but I think they hit at a nice point, as I normally cuff my pants anyway.
The green pair are Gramicci G Pants in size XL as well, also way too big on the waist but I like the fit everywhere else so I will just be taking in the waist of both pairs. These are a little thicker but super breathable, and they're REALLY comfy. For reference, I wear a lot of my pants baggy so I wear a 38x30 in Dickies double knee, 38x32 in Levi's Stay Loose and a 38x30 in Levi's 550s are a little less baggy on me than the others but definitely still baggy. I haven't actually worn Polar Surf pants but based on what I've seen and heard of them I would say these both would make a good substitute.

vegangangzta

« Reply #1052 on: May 13, 2021, 08:32:37 PM »
I have 6 pairs of baggy pants for sale.

Polar Skate Co Big Boy jeans dark blue XL
Polar Skate Co 93 jeans medium wash L
Poetic Collective jeans light wash L
Poetic Collective trouser navy L
Enjoi fader denim 36
Enjoi leisure pants 36

All the pants are in brand new condition.

Please message me on here or on Instagram @dustinklimek, if you’re interested. I’m located in the US
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 12:05:20 PM by vegangangzta »

sadnocomply

• Rep: 117
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1053 on: May 14, 2021, 01:53:39 PM »
Anyone know how the polar 90’s jeans compare in waist/inseam to polar 93’s?

For example a “polar 93” 32 x 32 will measure more like a 34 x 30

Just wondering if a “polar 90’s jean” will fit the same or different?

Found some of those prune purple 90’s cords for the low. Might jump on em

Quique

• Rep: 52
« Reply #1054 on: May 14, 2021, 05:07:38 PM »
I cannot talk about 93s (I'm still waiting on them to come) but I had a pair of the light wash 90 jeans, 34x32. They were too big for a 34, felt more like a 36 waist.Inseam was perfect, 32 always fit me well and they weren't the exception. Really great fabric. Unfortunately I had already dropped a lot of weight so they were gigantic to me, I'm between 32 and 30 right now, so ended up passing them.

I've seen some 90 purple cords on depop they look good

sadnocomply

• Rep: 117
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1055 on: May 14, 2021, 06:47:14 PM »
I cannot talk about 93s (I'm still waiting on them to come) but I had a pair of the light wash 90 jeans, 34x32. They were too big for a 34, felt more like a 36 waist.Inseam was perfect, 32 always fit me well and they weren't the exception. Really great fabric. Unfortunately I had already dropped a lot of weight so they were gigantic to me, I'm between 32 and 30 right now, so ended up passing them.

word thanks dude! So by that logic they kept the same waist (bigger than tagged) and actually shortened the inseam on the 93’s compared to 90’s. Definitely helps me out.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 517
« Reply #1056 on: May 14, 2021, 11:12:54 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
word thanks dude! So by that logic they kept the same waist (bigger than tagged) and actually shortened the inseam on the 93’s compared to 90’s. Definitely helps me out.

93s definitely also a lot baggier.

dipped

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1057 on: May 15, 2021, 02:52:57 AM »
Has anyone tried the DC mechanic pants? Would like to know if the fit is comparable to the polar surf pants.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #1058 on: May 17, 2021, 04:01:20 PM »
Anyone here get their jeans/pants taken in at the waist to fit better? I found a pair of the sickest Silvertab cargo jeans at the thrift and couldn't turn them down, even though they were two sizes too big for me. I took them to one alteration place by my house and the lady there said she couldn't do it because taking in the waist would mess with the pockets too much. I'm trying to see if there's another place around here that would do it instead...

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 319
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #1059 on: May 17, 2021, 04:07:13 PM »
Anyone here get their jeans/pants taken in at the waist to fit better? I found a pair of the sickest Silvertab cargo jeans at the thrift and couldn't turn them down, even though they were two sizes too big for me. I took them to one alteration place by my house and the lady there said she couldn't do it because taking in the waist would mess with the pockets too much. I'm trying to see if there's another place around here that would do it instead...

I've been told that once you go beyond having to take in the waist more than two inches it gets tricky. They will probably have to remove and re stitch the pockets at that point.

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 515
« Reply #1060 on: May 18, 2021, 05:03:56 AM »
I was given some jeans the other day by a friend, they're a beautiful wash and shape but the waist is at least 40" and I'm a 32-34". Inspired by the magenta pants above, and my Santosuosso's, i just added a drawstring.

Check the inside of the waistband, if there's no stitching that's going to get in the way, then cut a small hole either side of the fly (again, on the inside of the waistband), and use a big safety pin to thread a shoelace through.
Silvertabs probably have a patch on the back right, either remove it or just remove the vertical stitching so you can thread it through.

mini greek

• Rep: 28
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1061 on: May 19, 2021, 05:06:16 PM »
Not sure if they've been talked about, but I just got a pair of the ASOS Barrel Jeans in and man, for 43 bucks, they fit amazing. Bagginess is like in between a Polar 93 and a Polar Big Boy. Fit at the waist and then taper at the bottom of the leg a decent amount. If you wanted em on the extra baggy side, just order a size up in the waist.
https://www.asos.com/us/asos-design/asos-design-barrel-jeans-in-mid-blue/prd/20431378
Get litty.....

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1062 on: May 19, 2021, 10:23:09 PM »
My asos ultra baggies just arrived today and they're great. 

These are a 34"x30" and as you can see in the pics below, very similar to the Butter Goods Santosuosso in size 32" so if you're a true 34", i recommend sizing up.

post image
A touch less baggy (and low) in the crotch,  and a touch less tapered. About a cm longer, but will probably lose that in the first wash. The denim isn't as thick either so a better option for skating, and 40% the price. Definitely recommend.

Zark

• Rep: 6
« Reply #1063 on: May 20, 2021, 08:34:41 PM »

Super baggy, these are 32x32 I'm 5'11 145 lbs, and they're too big, but some might like it just like this, imo try a 31x30. They feel good.
https://smile.amazon.com/Carhartt-Canvas-Carpenter-Pocket-Charcoal/dp/B000GHMRL2/ref=pd_ybh_a_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=HHN62DZQVRMG9XRXWWSQ.

I currently skate and work in these which are loose and move well, I like them for the wee bit of stretch, size up in your waist and they will shrink a lil in the wash, they look tighter on that model then they do on me
https://www.carhartt.com/products/Rugged-Flex-Rigby-5-Pocket-Jean-102517

I skate these in the winter, loose and comfy
https://www.volcom.com/products/modown-denim?variant=23291151810618

theloniousmonk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 275
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1064 on: May 21, 2021, 05:37:47 PM »

Super baggy, these are 32x32 I'm 5'11 145 lbs, and they're too big, but some might like it just like this, imo try a 31x30. They feel good.
https://smile.amazon.com/Carhartt-Canvas-Carpenter-Pocket-Charcoal/dp/B000GHMRL2/ref=pd_ybh_a_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=HHN62DZQVRMG9XRXWWSQ.

I currently skate and work in these which are loose and move well, I like them for the wee bit of stretch, size up in your waist and they will shrink a lil in the wash, they look tighter on that model then they do on me
https://www.carhartt.com/products/Rugged-Flex-Rigby-5-Pocket-Jean-102517

I skate these in the winter, loose and comfy
https://www.volcom.com/products/modown-denim?variant=23291151810618
I just got a pair of these at a garage sale for $2, I’m gonna probably take them to a dry cleaner and have them tapered like my carhartt wip double knee pants.

vegangangzta

« Reply #1065 on: May 21, 2021, 06:36:46 PM »
Been wearing these the last two days

Good so far

https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=673914012&vid=2&tid=onpl000000&kwid=1&ap=7&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIx5ur5JLc8AIVwP_jBx3TywWfEAQYASABEgLAWPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds#pdp-page-content

Always a discount on Old Navy. Think I paid $20 something...

I went up one size (usually wear 34, got 36)

If you want super baggy go two sizes at least

Can’t beat the price and good light denim for the hot months ahead.

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #1066 on: May 22, 2021, 03:46:44 AM »
Damn, nearly ordered the Butter Goods Philly jeans but went with the ASOS ones and they were 35€

If i am very lucky a friend that works at a shop can get me the Philly jeans for a good price!

That fit with the white tiagos in the Post your fit thread nearly had me order them full price  :o

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #1067 on: May 22, 2021, 10:53:18 AM »
Damn, nearly ordered the Butter Goods Philly jeans but went with the ASOS ones and they were 35€

If i am very lucky a friend that works at a shop can get me the Philly jeans for a good price!

That fit with the white tiagos in the Post your fit thread nearly had me order them full price  :o
do you have a link for the jeans?

looking to snag another pair in a size up
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1068 on: May 22, 2021, 01:24:07 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

https://www.asos.com/asos-design/asos-design-ultra-baggy-jeans-in-mid-wash-blue/prd/20726315?colourwayid=60082896&SearchQuery=ultra+baggy

My mid blue pair smelt like shit when they arrived, i mean actual human excrement. It's bizarre. I washed them with some white vinegar and now the smell is gone, and they're a little starchier, and shorter, and the fit is even better. They look so good with the white 1010s, like the perfect late 90's dc video fit. I'm going to grab another pair, maybe two, one in the light blue wash.

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #1069 on: May 22, 2021, 07:12:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
https://www.asos.com/asos-design/asos-design-ultra-baggy-jeans-in-mid-wash-blue/prd/20726315?colourwayid=60082896&SearchQuery=ultra+baggy

My mid blue pair smelt like shit when they arrived, i mean actual human excrement. It's bizarre. I washed them with some white vinegar and now the smell is gone, and they're a little starchier, and shorter, and the fit is even better. They look so good with the white 1010s, like the perfect late 90's dc video fit. I'm going to grab another pair, maybe two, one in the light blue wash.
i meant the butter jeans, my fault for not being clear on that
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #1070 on: May 23, 2021, 05:26:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Have you found the Santosuosso jeans to be long enough ?

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1071 on: May 24, 2021, 05:35:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Have you found the Santosuosso jeans to be long enough ?
Personally, yes. I'm 5'11" and when they first arrived they were a bit longer than i wanted but got a little shorter after the first wash and now they're perfect, i like a little sag.

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1072 on: May 25, 2021, 07:42:54 PM »
Tried on some of the Polar surf pants the other day after seeing them in person for the first time, and they were so comfy i couldn't stop thinking about them so ordered a pair yesterday. Super lightweight, feels like you're not even wearing pants. Baggy with the perfect subtle taper. Ordered them online yesterday and they just showed up at work, had to take a quick fit pic

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #1073 on: May 26, 2021, 09:37:23 AM »
just ordered my first pairs of levis in over a decade
550 34x38 in black and dark stonewash

not sure how much these will shrink in the wash but 36-37 is my ideal length. almost two full sizes up in the waist so i hope they are the right amount of baggy

Clock3rs

• Rep: 2
« Reply #1074 on: May 28, 2021, 04:06:25 PM »
Tried on some of the Polar surf pants the other day after seeing them in person for the first time, and they were so comfy i couldn't stop thinking about them so ordered a pair yesterday. Super lightweight, feels like you're not even wearing pants. Baggy with the perfect subtle taper. Ordered them online yesterday and they just showed up at work, had to take a quick fit pic

How's the sizing in these and which size did you go for? Deciding between a Large and XL

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1075 on: May 28, 2021, 05:46:17 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

How's the sizing in these and which size did you go for? Deciding between a Large and XL
Technically i should probably wear 32 or 33 but usually buy 34, with a 30 leg. In these i bought Large.

Clock3rs

« Reply #1076 on: May 29, 2021, 01:52:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Technically i should probably wear 32 or 33 but usually buy 34, with a 30 leg. In these i bought Large.

easy! thank you, bro. I think they might be too short for me (6.1 ft) in a large then. XL might just be a never ending sack. Im usually a 34 in length

/these look good tho!

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 517
« Reply #1077 on: May 29, 2021, 02:03:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

easy! thank you, bro. I think they might be too short for me (6.1 ft) in a large then. XL might just be a never ending sack. Im usually a 34 in length

/these look good tho!

get medium talls, the proportions are just a little bit better than the XLs and only one inch shorter due to slightly shorter rise (so they're less droopy). Inseam is the same.

I'm 6 5 and the XLs are still the best lengthwise but I prefer the way the medium talls fit they just look a bit more proportionate. Large will also be long enough for you most likely.

Clock3rs

« Reply #1078 on: May 29, 2021, 05:01:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

/these look good tho!
[close]

get medium talls, the proportions are just a little bit better than the XLs and only one inch shorter due to slightly shorter rise (so they're less droopy). Inseam is the same.

I'm 6 5 and the XLs are still the best lengthwise but I prefer the way the medium talls fit they just look a bit more proportionate. Large will also be long enough for you most likely.

Thank you, my man! Was looking for a substitute of my dickies (hidden), which unfortunately I cannot find anymore across the net and always wanted to have my hands on a surf pant for summer. I kinda need to put my hope into the large size, as medium tall is nowhere be found in my region anymore.

Is that medium tall size only available in the polar online store? Ive hardly seen that size in any other shops anyway

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #1079 on: May 29, 2021, 12:07:34 PM »
just ordered my first pairs of levis in over a decade
550 34x38 in black and dark stonewash

not sure how much these will shrink in the wash but 36-37 is my ideal length. almost two full sizes up in the waist so i hope they are the right amount of baggy

550s are great. 38 inseam will be plenty long, like super long but thats what you’re going for it sounds like. They will definitely be baggy since you sized up 2 sizes. I run mine true to size and they feel decently loose. Did you happen to get the stretch levi's by chance? Those ones always feel slightly baggier in my experience.