Author Topic: Loose Fit Pants  (Read 232771 times)

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1109
  • What, me worry?
Re: Loose Fit Pants
« Reply #2190 on: January 06, 2023, 09:04:03 AM »
Can anyone vouch for the Polar cord surf pants firsthand? The regular surf pants are pretty much a perfect fit for me, but they're too lightweight for winter. The cord ones are back in stock on the Polar site, but shops don't seem to be getting them (at least in Canada). It's like $40 shipping to buy them direct from Polar, so I want to be pretty sure they fit the same and the fabric is a little heavier than the regular ones before I buy them. I wish they'd make those pants in some other heavier materials too, like a heavyweight twill or some kind of ripstop/canvas.

Can agree with the other responses. Slightly heavier material than standard surf pant but not winter heavy. Super soft and comfortable though.

Pasta Monster

« Reply #2191 on: January 06, 2023, 09:50:22 AM »
https://ninetimesskateshop.com/products/theories-stamp-lounge-cords-vintage-brown?_pos=2&_sid=d3108ee0c&_ss=r

Those are out of stock, but if you can find a pair at another shop, it’s your best bet. They’re thicker than corduroy Polar Surf Pants and are a bit cheaper. They aren’t made in Europe and the waistband isn’t as stretchy as Surf Pants. If mine weren’t green, I’d wear them more often.

Crap

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 77
« Reply #2192 on: January 06, 2023, 10:21:41 AM »
Thanks for the input on the surf cords, everyone!

Full price plus international shipping from the Polar site feels a little steep for what they are based on everyone's descriptions, but I guess I'll just continue keeping an eye out for if/when Canadian shops start getting them in, so I can at least save a little on shipping and maybe snag a little discount somewhere. I thought about those Theories ones too, but wanted to try for the Polar ones first because I know I like how they fit. Might keep those in mind as a backup plan.

sadnocomply

• Rep: 122
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #2193 on: January 06, 2023, 12:53:33 PM »

Full price plus international shipping from the Polar site feels a little steep for what they are based on everyone's descriptions, but I guess I'll just continue keeping an eye out for if/when Canadian shops start getting them in, so I can at least save a little on shipping and maybe snag a little discount somewhere. I thought about those Theories ones too, but wanted to try for the Polar ones first because I know I like how they fit. Might keep those in mind as a backup plan.
theories stamp lounge cords are superior in quality of corduroy for sure. Don’t forget polar was distributed by TOA before the hype, so they come from the same minds/inspiration. I have 2 polar cord surfs and 2 stamp lounge cords. I def find myself grabbing the theories more often, plus like other said they are half the price. The theories stamp lounge cords are super underrated imo.

FuzzGNU

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #2194 on: January 06, 2023, 11:34:34 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
theories stamp lounge cords are superior in quality of corduroy for sure. Don’t forget polar was distributed by TOA before the hype, so they come from the same minds/inspiration. I have 2 polar cord surfs and 2 stamp lounge cords. I def find myself grabbing the theories more often, plus like other said they are half the price. The theories stamp lounge cords are super underrated imo.

I second theories lounge over polar surf. Can't speak to any cords anywhere though.
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

broken USB

« Reply #2195 on: January 10, 2023, 08:58:19 AM »
Sweetsktbs is a swedish company that makes loose pants. their Big Skate Jean is cheaper than most brands rn and seems to be an identical fit to some silvertabs. they have a measurement chart if you click size guide. I just got a pair of these black ones. They look really good im hyped.  8)

https://www.sweetsktbs.com/product/sweet-big-skate-jeans-nos-black

SaySo

• Rep: 113
  • "Yellow buttercup. Helicopters. Orange buttercat."
« Reply #2196 on: January 15, 2023, 02:56:00 AM »
Scooped the Carhartt x Quarter Snacks pants, the Uniqlo U cords in 2 colors and the Volcom Louie cords this week. All for really nice. I’ll post some fit pics this week as I roll em into the wardrobe this week.

I sized up on the Carhartt so those are more baggy than loose. But still feeling them.

Are you talking about the cedar green Louie tapered cords?

If so, in your opinion, how do they fit in the waist compared to other pants? Are they tight like Dickies 874s? Or are they vanity sized (i.e. bigger than what they are labelled as)?

They're on sale here in Japan so I might cop them.

Thanks in advance.
"I've got a friend of polar nature, and it's all peace. You and I seek similar stars, but can't sit at the same feast."

"Not every pony grows up to be a Pegasus."

"There's smoke in my iris, but I painted a sunny day on the insides of my eyelids."

SaySo

« Reply #2197 on: January 15, 2023, 04:10:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Scooped the Carhartt x Quarter Snacks pants, the Uniqlo U cords in 2 colors and the Volcom Louie cords this week. All for really nice. I’ll post some fit pics this week as I roll em into the wardrobe this week.

I sized up on the Carhartt so those are more baggy than loose. But still feeling them.
[close]

If so, in your opinion, how do they fit in the waist compared to other pants? Are they tight like Dickies 874s? Or are they vanity sized (i.e. bigger than what they are labelled as)?

Thanks in advance.
[close]

They are true to size in the waist and don't sit on the hips/waist like 874s at all. Love the fact they come in a size 33. I have a bunch in brown and one pair of the cedar greens. They're pretty much the perfect pant, same goes for the denim. I don't care for Volcom at all, but they nailed it with these pants.

Thanks for the reply @larry leadfoot

I noticed the material is 2% elastane, do they stretch/give a lot?

I don't wear my pants at my "true" waist, I usually wear them sagged/right about at my hip bones so looks like the Goldilock's size that I'd need is already sold out.
"I've got a friend of polar nature, and it's all peace. You and I seek similar stars, but can't sit at the same feast."

"There's smoke in my iris, but I painted a sunny day on the insides of my eyelids."

SaySo

« Reply #2198 on: January 15, 2023, 05:01:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Thanks in advance.
[close]

They are true to size in the waist and don't sit on the hips/waist like 874s at all. Love the fact they come in a size 33. I have a bunch in brown and one pair of the cedar greens. They're pretty much the perfect pant, same goes for the denim. I don't care for Volcom at all, but they nailed it with these pants.
[close]

Thanks for the reply @larry leadfoot

I noticed the material is 2% elastane, do they stretch/give a lot?

I don't wear my pants at my "true" waist, I usually wear them sagged/right about at my hip bones so looks like the Goldilock's size that I'd need is already sold out.
[close]

They're not restrictive at all, better give than 874s if that's what you're used to. Very comfy and flexible. The brown ones I have seem a little heavier/thicker, I don't wear them in the summer. The cedar ones feel a touch thinner, but same fit. I still wouldn't wear them in the heat, either.

I would size up with a belt. I'm usually a 32, but wear anything from 32 to 34. I've got these in 33 and 34. I tried them in a 32, but the inseam felt a touch short even though the waist still fits me.

Hope that helps.

Thanks again, that does help out.

I'm returning to the loose/baggy game after being true to fit for about the past 20 years. I usually wear either 874s or 501s (STF), so those are my baselines. However, after measuring all my pants that are labelled as 30" inch in the waist there's quite a bit of variation within models. Hence why I was a bit worried about sizing.

I don't think I'll have any problems with inseam length since my legs are relatively short.

Recently I tried on one pair of Polar 93 cords (28x30) that were actually closer to a 31/32" in the waist. (I wonder if any skate companies are ISO rated ... ) The inseam length was fine - stacked a bit atop my shoes. But, as others have noted, they're a bit spendy. The Louie cords are about 50% off so they're roughly $50.

Thanks again!

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #2199 on: January 15, 2023, 09:21:20 AM »
Dunno if the Louie pants are somehow different but I’ve had probably 20 pairs of Volcom jeans and pants and all of them except one pair of chinos have been 2” sizes bigger than the labeled size. I’d say that they’re even slightly bigger the the Polar 93s that I bought a few years ago. Unfortunately these days so many brands have “vanity sizing” that it can be difficult to know what your real size actually is. I’m
Pretty sure my real size is 32” even though most of my pants are 30”, some even 29”.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2200 on: January 15, 2023, 12:29:21 PM »
I agree on the Louie's, I had the jeans and usually I buy 32" and I bought a 31", I should have bought a 30".  I saw Uniqlo is dropping a wide 'parachute' pant in purple....too soon to get getting tactical? 

broken USB

« Reply #2201 on: January 15, 2023, 08:54:58 PM »
Dunno if the Louie pants are somehow different but I’ve had probably 20 pairs of Volcom jeans and pants and all of them except one pair of chinos have been 2” sizes bigger than the labeled size. I’d say that they’re even slightly bigger the the Polar 93s that I bought a few years ago. Unfortunately these days so many brands have “vanity sizing” that it can be difficult to know what your real size actually is. I’m
Pretty sure my real size is 32” even though most of my pants are 30”, some even 29”.

whats good with volcom 'billow' jeans... Are they like big boys or what?

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2202 on: January 15, 2023, 09:47:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

In between 93s and Big Boys. I actually posted a comparison with Billows and 93s in this thread with pics some 1.5 years back. I like them. The pockets aren’t deep enough though.

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=108701.msg3578802;topicseen#msg3578802

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #2203 on: January 15, 2023, 10:02:38 PM »
Are all the surf pants a bit short length wise? All the photos I see are different. I'm 5" 11" for reference.

ugly flacko

• Rep: 9
« Reply #2204 on: January 15, 2023, 11:48:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

In between 93s and Big Boys. I actually posted a comparison with Billows and 93s in this thread with pics some 1.5 years back. I like them. The pockets aren’t deep enough though.

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=108701.msg3578802;topicseen#msg3578802

I would say the BILLOW "TAPERED" fit like the 93' ! Except for the fucking little pockets that can't even hold a phone bigger than an iphone 3G...
But the rest is good, fit and quality wise.

SaySo

« Reply #2205 on: January 16, 2023, 02:53:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I would say the BILLOW "TAPERED" fit like the 93' ! Except for the fucking little pockets that can't even hold a phone bigger than an iphone 3G...

What is it will some apparel makers? Do they design all their pockets for carnies?

https://tenor.com/view/austin-powers-small-hands-huh-what-gif-16130546

backside_frontside

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -295
« Reply #2206 on: January 16, 2023, 07:27:23 AM »

I just got the Louie cords (love em) in 28" and I measured the waist. It's about 15" so closer to a 31" waist, which is actually fine for me as they sit on what little hips I have really nice. I'm scrawny af lol.

FirstTimeCaller411

• Rep: -12
« Reply #2207 on: January 16, 2023, 09:28:11 AM »
Billow, Billow Tapered and the skate chino all are great. I’m not a die hard but Volcom is one of those brands that I don’t get why they get shit on when they check all the boxes of supporting skateboarding and good quality product. They definitely do some wack shit but I think every brand does to some extent? Vans, Nike, Dickies especially, Levi’s, etc. all have cool factor but do some kook moves too.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2208 on: January 16, 2023, 01:53:35 PM »
Billow, Billow Tapered and the skate chino all are great. I’m not a die hard but Volcom is one of those brands that I don’t get why they get shit on when they check all the boxes of supporting skateboarding and good quality product. They definitely do some wack shit but I think every brand does to some extent? Vans, Nike, Dickies especially, Levi’s, etc. all have cool factor but do some kook moves too.

Maybe it’s because they used to be much cooler. Now they’re just a corpo company which is doing cool & kooky stuff and has a cool legacy.

It took me a long time to accept that it’s not the same thing anymore what I was excited about in the 90s. I’m still not over them 100% cuz I like a lot of their stuff and they haven’t fully kooked themselves.

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
« Reply #2209 on: January 16, 2023, 04:17:30 PM »
looking for any recs on good quality sweatpants, straight leg open hem (no elastic cuffs), leg wide enough to fit over hockey shinguards. having a hard time finding anything that isn’t tapered or jogger style.

linty

• Rep: 36
« Reply #2210 on: January 16, 2023, 07:34:49 PM »
Are all the surf pants a bit short length wise? All the photos I see are different. I'm 5" 11" for reference.
Get the tall ones unless you prefer a highwater look.

ugly flacko

• Rep: 9
« Reply #2211 on: January 17, 2023, 12:04:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

What is it will some apparel makers? Do they design all their pockets for carnies?

https://tenor.com/view/austin-powers-small-hands-huh-what-gif-16130546

Yeah I don't get it... Like if you wear the billow and have a phone in your pocket and your keys in the other one (don't even bother me telling me to put my keys on the lace belt I don't wear EMERICAs) you can't even sit on a chair. And if you put your wallet in the back pocket you feel like you got a broom up the ass

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #2212 on: January 17, 2023, 12:49:51 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I’m 5’11” and wear surf pants in size L, not the tall ones, and they’re long enough to stack, or sit comfortably on your shoes with a double cuff
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2213 on: January 17, 2023, 04:24:06 AM »
looking for any recs on good quality sweatpants, straight leg open hem (no elastic cuffs), leg wide enough to fit over hockey shinguards. having a hard time finding anything that isn’t tapered or jogger style.

What sort of situations require you to wear sweats and hockey shin guards?

Re: Billows, would recommend, get on sale.  Yes, the pockets are tiny…..buy a vest.

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
« Reply #2214 on: January 17, 2023, 07:09:03 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Re: Billows, would recommend, get on sale.  Yes, the pockets are tiny…..buy a vest.
around where i live there are parks with boarded off areas filled with ice called "rinks"...

volcom billows? not seeing a sweatpant/fleece version of those. the leg width does seem more than adequate though.

FirstTimeCaller411

• Rep: -12
« Reply #2215 on: January 17, 2023, 11:06:43 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

even better... buy from a skate shop. Shops should always be the first stop for anything skate related. Vest is a nice touch, though.

sadnocomply

• Rep: 122
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #2216 on: January 17, 2023, 01:44:38 PM »
Anyone had the Stüssy big ol jeans in corduroy? Do they fit like polar 93’s?

Tom Pearl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #2217 on: January 17, 2023, 03:00:35 PM »
where can i get some baggy kinda tapered at the bottom pants/jeans at in size 40

i'd buy big boys or butter goods but they dont make them in my size

linty

• Rep: 36
« Reply #2218 on: January 17, 2023, 09:40:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I’m 5’11” and wear surf pants in size L, not the tall ones, and they’re long enough to stack, or sit comfortably on your shoes with a double cuff
Fair enough. I'm 6' and size M tall ones sit comfortably uncuffed.

streetmeat

• Rep: 171
« Reply #2219 on: January 18, 2023, 02:52:49 AM »
where can i get some baggy kinda tapered at the bottom pants/jeans at in size 40

i'd buy big boys or butter goods but they dont make them in my size

levi 550s?