Author Topic: aboslute WIDEST toe box skate shoes?  (Read 44112 times)

fakie varial flip

Re: aboslute WIDEST toe box skate shoes?
« Reply #90 on: October 22, 2021, 10:47:23 AM »
With Gylette hoping on Glove, I went and checked out their shoe offerings...they've got what looks like pretty wide toe-box shoes.

Shame there are few mids in stock around the web to try on.

https://us.globebrand.com/products/motley-mid-coffeegumplus?variant=39307735826467

https://us.globebrand.com/products/los-angered-ii-midnightblack?variant=39307727994915 - looks a lot like the DC Smith

I tried a pair of the mahalo plus and for once they are wide enough, but still no wide toe box. A little wider than old skools at the pinky toe but not as good as the rowans (once those are stretched out). Still, I think there's potential; I want to try the low top with the toe cap thats similar to that los angered since it looks better even

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1004
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #91 on: October 22, 2021, 12:45:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Are you all sure about the Adidas Matchbreak? That toe comes to a point, it doesn't look like a very wide toebox. I may be missing something...
[close]
Rarely shoes fit me that good straight out of box. I recommend atleast trying those out if a nearby shop carries them
[close]

Damn I'm going to have to try them then...
[close]

Very wide, in fact.

The problem I have is that width is too low/close to the end of the mid foot, I need more width here:

This is why so many trainers fit me better as they have toe boxes like this, with more width after the first lace loop

[close]

I have the same problem. One way to solve it is to go a size up, but I hate having extra shoe and not feeling my board well when I flip.

Try the NB# 255s. They are a similar shoe to that Adidas one you posted and they aren’t as pointy. If you do go a size up. They run very short.
[close]

@S.

Nabbed these in 10.5 for $48

Either my feet or their sizing is/are odd:

NB# Cupsole: 9.5 = too tight but almost, 10 = waaaaaay too big
NB# Vulc: 10 = too small but not as tight as a cup, 10.5 just about right, I think? just a hair on the long side (but less than say, the wavey or rowans)...but I chalk that up to the 10.5 (for the record I tried the 379 (sour) Mid in a 10 and it was too small, probably could have gone 10.5 based on the 255s but oddly I prefer this ugly brown/black colorway (it is fall after all!).

PLENTY of room where I need it tho, threw in some FP gamechangers to compensate for Vulc and off we go!

Thanks for the suggestion!
[close]

Cheers!  Yes, NB's sizing is super odd.
[close]

Put the stock insoles back in as I prefer the outer side foot support the insole provides, feels like it is keeping my mid foot centered whereas the FPs, while better arch support, I feel like I'm slopping over to the outside of the shoe.

Put the FP Gamechangers back in as the ball of my left foot was hurting each session I'd wear these stock. Skated today, no issues with the FPs.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1397
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #92 on: October 22, 2021, 06:47:26 PM »
I've got some cranky, janky feet, wide fucking feet. Due to injuries, Right Foot is wider than left as well... After a couple skates, the new model half cabs are pretty decent. Berle pros were pretty wide right outta box.

Everything else leaves me limping.
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

al_cvbrera

« Reply #93 on: November 02, 2021, 06:43:40 AM »
 New Balance 272’s, my friend. Most of the shoes in recent memory that I have skated hurt my toes (ordered in no particular order: Vans Chima 2, DC Tiago(these ones killed my toes BAD even after they were broken in), Vans Style 112, Kyle Walker 1’s (So bad that I didn’t even finish skating the life out of the shoe yet because they’re so unenjoyable)). The Chima 2s are still my favorite skate shoe even though they kill my toes and it becomes more noticeable as the session goes by

The only ones that didn’t hurt my toes too bad were the Rowan’s, One Star Pros, and Louie Lopez Lows.

But the New Balance 272’s are roomier and more enjoyable to skate than all of them simply because I don’t have to worry about something I should even be worried about (toe pain) when I’m skating. Theres room in the toes, forefoot isn’t tight, and they lock in your heel nicely. Highly recommend. Will pick up another pair.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #94 on: November 02, 2021, 10:47:12 AM »
New Balance 272’s, my friend. Most of the shoes in recent memory that I have skated hurt my toes (ordered in no particular order: Vans Chima 2, DC Tiago(these ones killed my toes BAD even after they were broken in), Vans Style 112, Kyle Walker 1’s (So bad that I didn’t even finish skating the life out of the shoe yet because they’re so unenjoyable)). The Chima 2s are still my favorite skate shoe even though they kill my toes and it becomes more noticeable as the session goes by

The only ones that didn’t hurt my toes too bad were the Rowan’s, One Star Pros, and Louie Lopez Lows.

But the New Balance 272’s are roomier and more enjoyable to skate than all of them simply because I don’t have to worry about something I should even be worried about (toe pain) when I’m skating. Theres room in the toes, forefoot isn’t tight, and they lock in your heel nicely. Highly recommend. Will pick up another pair.

The 255s have been perfect for me, zero complaints (they are a no frills shoe, buyer beware). I've picked up some 272s to have on ice and can only assume the 306 (Foy) would fit similarly given the shape of the toe box. The 10.5 vulc from NB# is a perfect fit...

The only bummer is I'd prefer a cupsole that fits as well (and the NB sizing in cup doesn't fit my foot).
« Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 10:55:32 AM by Xen »

S.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #95 on: November 02, 2021, 11:50:06 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

The 255s have been perfect for me, zero complaints (they are a no frills shoe, buyer beware). I've picked up some 272s to have on ice and can only assume the 306 (Foy) would fit similarly given the shape of the toe box. The 10.5 vulc from NB# is a perfect fit...

The only bummer is I'd prefer a cupsole that fits as well (and the NB sizing in cup doesn't fit my foot).

Has anyone tried the és silo sc or the quatro? They seem like they are wider cupsole shoes.

Acky Jacky

« Reply #96 on: November 02, 2021, 12:05:21 PM »
New Balance 440 High (not the low) fit fairly wide. This is due in part to the vamp being higher since it is a mid/high top shoe. For reference, I’ve worn a NB 990 in a 2E width, size 10, and the 440 Hi in a size 10 fits comfortable (in suede or leather). In the past, it’s been a lot of compromise with shoes, but these are my cinderella skate shoes…for now.

I also have a deformity with my foot called metatarsus adductus ( https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/metatarsus-adductus%3famp=true), so in addition to my foot being wide, it also has a weird angle to it (it’s not super wild but, I just went to a podiatrist recently and discovered this).

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #97 on: November 03, 2021, 12:44:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Has anyone tried the és silo sc or the quatro? They seem like they are wider cupsole shoes.
Silo SC is roomier than the Quattro. The Quattro is a little more stubby/snug fit in the toe box compared to the Silo SC. Silo SC definitely has a more forgiving toe box and is wider, not as pointy, more toe height, etc. Personally, those two models run small (just like the Marana and Joslin), so go up 0.5 from your regular siz for a better fit.
Super Champion Fun Zone

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #98 on: November 03, 2021, 05:22:42 AM »
Adidas City Cup's would be worth a look, really good shoe and the toebox really doesn't taper/point 

And as pointless as it is to suggest SB Dunks as a viable option to buy and skate, they're pretty wide IMHO.

Obviously a nice pair of Adrian Lopez Circa's too...

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #99 on: November 14, 2021, 06:33:54 PM »
If you can, check out the SB Force 58s (wannabe dunks).

https://www.nike.com/t/sb-force-58-skate-shoe-Fslk1b

Breaking in pair right now walking around my place and they're plenty wide enough for me (better than the bruin reacts).

Tiagos won't fit me and I'm not chasing dunks so these will have to do (I do enjoy looking down at them).

In A Jar

• Rep: 35
    • just say null avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #100 on: November 14, 2021, 08:57:29 PM »

I'm over a week deep in some actual wide ass toebox shoes.  They aren't skate shoes although they kind of look like Vans.  They are some Splay - Freestyle shoes.  They rule.  I had to shoe goo them obviously because they are canvas, but the sole is good and has been holding up.  They are really comfy.  The flick is an adjustment, but for anyone looking to skate in minimalist shoes this is the first pair that's worked for me (I've tried Lems and Xeros too)

https://splayshoes.com/collections/mens-shoes/Mens

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #101 on: November 15, 2021, 10:34:28 PM »
If you can, check out the SB Force 58s (wannabe dunks).

https://www.nike.com/t/sb-force-58-skate-shoe-Fslk1b

Breaking in pair right now walking around my place and they're plenty wide enough for me (better than the bruin reacts).

Tiagos won't fit me and I'm not chasing dunks so these will have to do (I do enjoy looking down at them).

So two days wearing them around the house (had a 24hr stomach bug/noro) and these things are ready to skate. The toebox broke in bigtime, feels super comfy with no pinch...will skate them soon; for how fast they broke in, I am questioning the overall durability.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 11:04:12 AM by Xen »

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 524
« Reply #102 on: November 16, 2021, 03:27:11 AM »
Has anyone mentioned the dc lynx OG? They’re really wide, and great for skating. They’re stupidly puffy tho
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
« Reply #103 on: November 21, 2021, 06:26:36 AM »
The Lakai Griffin fit my wide feet nicely..

biaherl

• Rep: 267
    • Why So Sad avatar image
« Reply #104 on: November 21, 2021, 10:29:13 AM »

I'm over a week deep in some actual wide ass toebox shoes.  They aren't skate shoes although they kind of look like Vans.  They are some Splay - Freestyle shoes.  They rule.  I had to shoe goo them obviously because they are canvas, but the sole is good and has been holding up.  They are really comfy.  The flick is an adjustment, but for anyone looking to skate in minimalist shoes this is the first pair that's worked for me (I've tried Lems and Xeros too)

https://splayshoes.com/collections/mens-shoes/Mens

Been wanting to try my Xero's on a board maybe on my polarizer

Half size up on Half Cab's is usually what I get

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
« Reply #105 on: November 21, 2021, 10:54:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Are you all sure about the Adidas Matchbreak? That toe comes to a point, it doesn't look like a very wide toebox. I may be missing something...
[close]
Rarely shoes fit me that good straight out of box. I recommend atleast trying those out if a nearby shop carries them
[close]

[close]

Very wide, in fact.

The problem I have is that width is too low/close to the end of the mid foot, I need more width here:

This is why so many trainers fit me better as they have toe boxes like this, with more width after the first lace loop

[close]

I have the same problem. One way to solve it is to go a size up, but I hate having extra shoe and not feeling my board well when I flip.

Try the NB# 255s. They are a similar shoe to that Adidas one you posted and they aren’t as pointy. If you do go a size up. They run very short.
[close]

@S.

NB# Vulc: 10 = too small but not as tight as a cup, 10.5 just about right, I think? just a hair on the long side (but less than say, the wavey or rowans)...but I chalk that up to the 10.5 (for the record I tried the 379 (sour) Mid in a 10 and it was too small, probably could have gone 10.5 based on the 255s but oddly I prefer this ugly brown/black colorway (it is fall after all!).

PLENTY of room where I need it tho, threw in some FP gamechangers to compensate for Vulc and off we go!

[close]

[close]

Put the stock insoles back in as I prefer the outer side foot support the insole provides, feels like it is keeping my mid foot centered whereas the FPs, while better arch support, I feel like I'm slopping over to the outside of the shoe.
[close]

Put the FP Gamechangers back in as the ball of my left foot was hurting each session I'd wear these stock. Skated today, no issues with the FPs.

Would removing the extra padding on the ball of your feet help create a happy medium between arch and the word elevation? Or maybe throwing the extra heel pads FP adds on to some of the stock insoles helps?
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #106 on: November 22, 2021, 10:07:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Very wide, in fact.

[close]

[close]

@S.

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Would removing the extra padding on the ball of your feet help create a happy medium between arch and the word elevation? Or maybe throwing the extra heel pads FP adds on to some of the stock insoles helps?

I just stopped wearing them after trying numerous insoles (Stock, FP, Etnies, etc.); I didn't bother with the heelpads or the removal of the ball pads on the FPs or adding the heel pads, but I would assume that removing the front pad would created a bit more drop to the shoe (but I wouldn't want to remove that since that padding was probably helping my foot).

It could have also been an impact issue and or a gym-related issue (calf raises on the ball of my foot).

The Nike 58s I'm wearing now (and the Bruin Reacts before the 255s) don't cause the foot pain and fit a bit better anyway.

biaherl

• Rep: 267
    • Why So Sad avatar image
« Reply #107 on: November 22, 2021, 10:39:40 AM »
It could have also been an impact issue and or a gym-related issue (calf raises on the ball of my foot).

I be telling' y'all

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=108723.msg3676020#msg3676020

kenjiro

« Reply #108 on: November 22, 2021, 11:18:00 AM »
i don’t have any data or pics but my last resorts 001 feel wider than most shoes i’ve had

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #109 on: November 22, 2021, 11:30:52 AM »
The new Reynolds Skate Half Cab is waaaay too wide for my narrow-ish feet, I could never skate them.

Length-wise they appear fine, maybe slightly long. Coming from Blazer’s this was a shock to me. I have to crank ‘em down otherwise my feet move around in them. Back to Blazers I guess.

I use them for chilling, won’t ever be able to skate them. Might be worth a look if you have wide feet.

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #110 on: November 22, 2021, 11:38:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
Silo SC is roomier than the Quattro. The Quattro is a little more stubby/snug fit in the toe box compared to the Silo SC. Silo SC definitely has a more forgiving toe box and is wider, not as pointy, more toe height, etc. Personally, those two models run small (just like the Marana and Joslin), so go up 0.5 from your regular siz for a better fit.
Thank you! I think I will try the Silo Sc next.

I just bought the tyshawn mids. They are not that wide, but I think I can make it work. I would compare the fit to a Marana mid.
Other than that they feel a bit tight in the toe box they are an amazing shoe. Very stable but not limiting ancle movement. A good balance between a thicker cupsole and good boardfeel. I bought them half a size up.

Hazesack

• Rep: 4
« Reply #111 on: November 22, 2021, 11:43:15 AM »
i don’t have any data or pics but my last resorts 001 feel wider than most shoes i’ve had

yeah, they look narrow from the design, i got wideish feet and went half size down, i still swim in them. I still didn't find the perfect pair of shoes for me. I love the Shane/Janoski but they take forever to get wide enough and break in.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #112 on: November 23, 2021, 04:33:26 PM »

Look at these ugly fuckers, great deadlift shoes tho….mids, zero drop, rubber toe cap…so close yet so far…

fakie varial flip

« Reply #113 on: December 17, 2021, 07:55:48 AM »
Xen, those reeboks (I think?) are sick. Kind of bummed I grabbed lems for deadlifting instead of those. Wish we could get a skate shoe in that shape with more cushion.

Update on the Globe Mahalo Plus - surprisingly not bad. Pretty sturdy underneath for a vulc, but also nice and flexible for pretty 360 flips and transition. The vulc sides don't compress my toes anywhere near as bad as many other shoes, though I think the Rowans are still wider at the pinky toe.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 05:30:07 AM by fakie varial flip »

braksabbath

• Rep: 192
« Reply #114 on: December 19, 2021, 12:43:43 AM »
I thought I had wide feet and have gone through the zero drop thing with Lems, Altras, Bedrocks. Recently a shoe guy at REI measured me and said I have typical C width but my low arch causes toes to splay out making me think I need wides. Since then I’ve been using Superfeet insoles and do arch support exercises. So your wide ass hobbit feet may have been normal at some point but have since been ruined by years of unsupportive skate shoes.

MysticalTypeExperience

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #115 on: January 03, 2022, 08:15:21 PM »
Cross posting this from vegan shoes thread for visibility

Just got some Fallen Patriots (size 12) and they may have the widest toe box of any skate shoes I've ever had in my life. First impressions in terms of comfort, construction quality and aesthetics are superlative but we'll see how they break in.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #116 on: January 03, 2022, 09:41:37 PM »
Xen, those reeboks (I think?) are sick. Kind of bummed I grabbed lems for deadlifting instead of those. Wish we could get a skate shoe in that shape with more cushion.

Update on the Globe Mahalo Plus - surprisingly not bad. Pretty sturdy underneath for a vulc, but also nice and flexible for pretty 360 flips and transition. The vulc sides don't compress my toes anywhere near as bad as many other shoes, though I think the Rowans are still wider at the pinky toe.

@fakie varial flip   Yup, the reebok power lites

https://www.reebok.com/us/reebok-power-lite-mid-men-s-training-shoes/G55580.html

Got them 50% off + stacked a code with some other gear. They're great. It was either these or no bull (trying them next). If you get them, size down a 1/2 size, if not a full size depending on how snug you like your DL shoes. I wear a 10 and went with a 9.5, just a bit of room in the front of the shoe, probably a 1/8 of an inch (since I'm not jumping around in them they're fine; I use them on shoulder day as well for BB shrugs, 250+ so nice and grounded with them.

I'm still rocking the Nike SB Force 58s, second pair, they break in crazy fast (the soles last but the rest of the shoe goes pretty quick, and are decent to look it at (top down when skating, dunk vibes). Zero pinching or foot issues.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 07:28:25 AM by Xen »

fakie varial flip

« Reply #117 on: January 09, 2022, 06:36:51 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

@fakie varial flip   Yup, the reebok power lites

https://www.reebok.com/us/reebok-power-lite-mid-men-s-training-shoes/G55580.html

Got them 50% off + stacked a code with some other gear. They're great. It was either these or no bull (trying them next). If you get them, size down a 1/2 size, if not a full size depending on how snug you like your DL shoes. I wear a 10 and went with a 9.5, just a bit of room in the front of the shoe, probably a 1/8 of an inch (since I'm not jumping around in them they're fine; I use them on shoulder day as well for BB shrugs, 250+ so nice and grounded with them.

I'm still rocking the Nike SB Force 58s, second pair, they break in crazy fast (the soles last but the rest of the shoe goes pretty quick, and are decent to look it at (top down when skating, dunk vibes). Zero pinching or foot issues.

Thanks for the tip on the Reeboks, I'll keep an eye on them. They look really nice, or at least comparable to my lems for DLing. How are the force 58s working now? I'm fed up with the Rowans pinching at the ball of the foot  ;D

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1397
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #118 on: January 09, 2022, 11:55:51 PM »
The new Reynolds Skate Half Cab is waaaay too wide for my narrow-ish feet, I could never skate them.

Length-wise they appear fine, maybe slightly long. Coming from Blazer’s this was a shock to me. I have to crank ‘em down otherwise my feet move around in them. Back to Blazers I guess.

I use them for chilling, won’t ever be able to skate them. Might be worth a look if you have wide feet.

aright, I knew these were wider despite there being no discernible difference... I fucking LOVE them. slipped em on and right out the box they felt great on my wide, fucked up feet. I like need to stock up before vans stops making this particular model.
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

fakie varial flip

« Reply #119 on: January 10, 2022, 05:04:55 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

aright, I knew these were wider despite there being no discernible difference... I fucking LOVE them. slipped em on and right out the box they felt great on my wide, fucked up feet. I like need to stock up before vans stops making this particular model.

I swear they fit me way more comfortably than the normal skate half-cabs too. I don't understand how it's possible but they definitely feel like it