Author Topic: new Vans models  (Read 116420 times)

Croquet temper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: new Vans models
« Reply #480 on: January 28, 2021, 05:08:42 AM »
They're for the moms.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1278
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #481 on: January 28, 2021, 08:21:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
inquiry. interested in buying some of the anaheim sk8-hi's. i had a pair of the style 73 (epoch/sport) anaheims and found them to run about a half size small. does this carry through with the other anaheim models? anyone have any experience with this?
[close]
I had a pair of anaheim Sids that were also at least a half size smaller than every other pair of non-anaheim vans that i've had.  So yeah, it's probably consistent across all anaheims.
[close]

bless your soul, thanks.

ALSO

i tried on a pair of those kyle walker 2's at a nordstrom rack for shits and giggles.

whoever designed this shoe should be shot. felt so insecure on my foot not to mention looks terrible. strap didn't make the shoe feel locked in on my foot at all. no clue how these are still on shelves.
Hopefully they're blowing them out and will just keep the first KWalks in the line. I was just reminiscing about Vans weird strappy slip-on phase from what last year? The year before? I was thinking in particular about the strap-on that came out before the KWalk2 that had the screen printed multicolor jazz stripe and how that shoe disappeared after one run. They have a BMX slip-on coming out which is just the regular slip upper with a wafflecup sole. I think that's what everyone who wanted a cup slip was asking for so hopefully they wind up feeling pretty good. Whatever Vans was trying before just didn't look good and I couldn't imagine how it would feel good either.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #482 on: January 28, 2021, 08:56:49 AM »
do you think we will get any new models w the AVE sole
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #483 on: January 28, 2021, 07:00:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
inquiry. interested in buying some of the anaheim sk8-hi's. i had a pair of the style 73 (epoch/sport) anaheims and found them to run about a half size small. does this carry through with the other anaheim models? anyone have any experience with this?
[close]
I had a pair of anaheim Sids that were also at least a half size smaller than every other pair of non-anaheim vans that i've had.  So yeah, it's probably consistent across all anaheims.
[close]

bless your soul, thanks.

ALSO

i tried on a pair of those kyle walker 2's at a nordstrom rack for shits and giggles.

whoever designed this shoe should be shot. felt so insecure on my foot not to mention looks terrible. strap didn't make the shoe feel locked in on my foot at all. no clue how these are still on shelves.
Kyle walker 2s are the worst pieces of shit since the Berles.
I kinda like the look and that's it. Performance wise they're horrible. Weird flick, sole lasts nothing, strap gets loose and toy can feel it on your feet. A complete disappointment since the 1s were really nice.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

shawngreg

• Rep: 64
« Reply #484 on: January 29, 2021, 09:47:20 AM »
has anyone seen the new all black skate halfcabs anywhere?

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #485 on: January 29, 2021, 10:41:44 AM »
some new colors on the Vans site now
Sport

Crockett

and everyone's favorite in this thread, Walker 2

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #486 on: January 29, 2021, 12:13:36 PM »
has anyone seen the new all black skate halfcabs anywhere?
Yeah, Reynolds' insta  :P

stets

• Rep: 106
« Reply #487 on: January 29, 2021, 02:49:03 PM »

New Rowan colorway got me feeling a certain way, nostalgic for my earlier years in skateboarding, and I didn't know why...

Then I remembered...

Not mad at this riff at all.
Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
« Reply #488 on: February 01, 2021, 11:45:17 AM »
According to some guy on tiktok (via reddit)
https://www.reddit.com/r/Vans/comments/la6mol/the_vans_pros_will_soon_be_gone_we_have_gotten/

Vans is discontinuing their pro classics and replacing the line with skate classics.
If you have a vans store homie, they get 75% off pro classics

but also the recall means, that the vans outlet will probably get pro classics pretty soon.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #489 on: February 01, 2021, 01:18:20 PM »
Even bigger discounts coming

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 974
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #490 on: February 01, 2021, 04:51:03 PM »
Just when I thought I would NOT buy any more shoes...

Oh damn!

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

cant kickflip but can tre

• Rep: 9
« Reply #491 on: April 03, 2021, 01:29:31 PM »
Spotted Era/Authentic High's on Lizzie. Hopefully these come out and stay out some time this year

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #492 on: April 03, 2021, 01:39:10 PM »
^They put a couple of colorways of that shoe out with AA's name on them last year as the Authentic Hi.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

cant kickflip but can tre

• Rep: 9
« Reply #493 on: April 03, 2021, 01:50:36 PM »
^They put a couple of colorways of that shoe out with AA's name on them last year as the Authentic Hi.
Those look so good! I regret not buying a pair when they were out. Hence why I'm excited for the ones Lizzie is wearing

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #495 on: April 03, 2021, 03:33:01 PM »
Navy ones remind me how much I miss the 112 Pros.

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #496 on: April 03, 2021, 04:39:04 PM »
Navy ones remind me how much I miss the 112 Pros.

That was a fantastic show. Had em in all black and white/marshmallow

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 582
« Reply #497 on: April 03, 2021, 04:58:38 PM »
Are they an old thing or coming out later.
Loving those full cabs.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #498 on: April 04, 2021, 03:17:48 AM »

Still have the navy and blue boxed. Haven't found a special enough occasion for the AAs to grace my feet.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #499 on: April 04, 2021, 04:19:38 AM »
all this talk of aching heels has me put off of the skate slip ons and old skools. i hate it when that happens. why even build a shoe like this. i thought the point of the new skateline to make the inner more seamless and socklike or something. yet you still have this achaic form of a heellock.

the full cabs look sick though, even though they messed it up with the checkerboard. honestly don't know why they don't reissue these more often. the old school toe cap half cab should be the standard and then they should drop full cabs twice a year or so imo.

dumptruck12

• Rep: -102
« Reply #500 on: April 04, 2021, 07:34:04 AM »
all this talk of aching heels has me put off of the skate slip ons and old skools. i hate it when that happens. why even build a shoe like this. i thought the point of the new skateline to make the inner more seamless and socklike or something. yet you still have this achaic form of a heellock.

the full cabs look sick though, even though they messed it up with the checkerboard. honestly don't know why they don't reissue these more often. the old school toe cap half cab should be the standard and then they should drop full cabs twice a year or so imo.
Dude yes! I’m wearing the slips right now and they are so uncomfortable, my heels are killing me. They feel so tight and I’ve been wearing them as chillers for two weeks now

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
  • Fuck the revoltion. Bring on the apocalypse.
    • ThePastParticple avatar image
« Reply #501 on: April 04, 2021, 07:44:41 AM »
I skated in the Old-School "pros" and the Sk8-HIs "pros." I got a pair of the new SK8-HIs about two weeks ago. Normally when I get a new pair of shoes, I wear them for about two weeks before I even step on a board with them--I hate the "new" shoe feel on a board. So, I have not even skated in these yet. That said, here is my initial reactions to them. So far, most of it is negative.

(1) They are hot. Much hotter than the Pros.

(2)  The tongue does not move, at all, because of the internal tongue straps. This is good, because I hated how the tongue would always slip around on the older versions. This also makes them much harder to put on/take off.

(3) I still have some pressure points around the little toe on one shoe. This never happened before with the Pros.

(4) Two weeks in and they still feel quite stiff, as in, not broken-in at all. Around two weeks is when I would normally start considering skating in the Pros. These do not feel like they are anywhere near "ready" yet. What that means long term remains to be seen. Further on this point, Vans always felt "comfy" to me, almost out of the box. These have not yet reached that state. When I got home from work last night I was dying to take them off. That never happened before with the Pros. I'll follow-up more as time goes on.

Anyone else had more in-depth experience with these yet?
IG: ThePastParticiple

DLX 8.25  |  144 Forged  |  53mm Classic  |  Super Swiss 6

"Everything has been figured out, except how to live." -Sartre

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
« Reply #502 on: April 04, 2021, 08:46:19 AM »
Authentics have been a wardrobe staple for me for many years, and then I switched to Authentic Pros for as long as they’ve been out.  Got my first pair of the new Skate Authentics last week and here are my first impressions:  Look and shape is much closer to the to core classic authentics.  The heel cup is much more fitted, which eliminates a lot of the heel slip that occurred with the Pros (which is a welcome improvement) however that more fitted heel in combination with the tongue straps makes them much more difficult to just slip on and off without re-tying the laces every time (and that’s even without lacing them to the top eye).  So, the fit is overall better if you’re intending to skate in these since your foot feels much more secure, but I primarily wear these as a casual shoe so the inability to easily slip on and off kinda sucks. 

bombsaway86

• Rep: 152
« Reply #503 on: April 04, 2021, 10:39:09 AM »
Been skating the new Half Cabs for a few weeks now.  I was previously skating the old Half Cab Pro.

The new Half Cabs are much stiffer, but are also significantly more durable than the old ones. They also took a while to break in, while the old design felt broken in right out of the box. Boardfeel was better on the old design.

The new ones are much more supportive due to the new heel design and stiffer construction. Cushioning is about the same, I personally really like the popcush insoles.

I like the tongue straps. Neither the old or the new ones breathe very well and I always end the session with sweat soaked feet.

Durability and support are the two most important factors in a shoe for me, so I’m happy with them.

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #504 on: April 04, 2021, 01:45:38 PM »
I skated in the Old-School "pros" and the Sk8-HIs "pros." I got a pair of the new SK8-HIs about two weeks ago. Normally when I get a new pair of shoes, I wear them for about two weeks before I even step on a board with them--I hate the "new" shoe feel on a board. So, I have not even skated in these yet. That said, here is my initial reactions to them. So far, most of it is negative.

(2)  The tongue does not move, at all, because of the internal tongue straps. This is good, because I hated how the tongue would always slip around on the older versions. This also makes them much harder to put on/take off.

(3) I still have some pressure points around the little toe on one shoe. This never happened before with the Pros.

(4) Two weeks in and they still feel quite stiff, as in, not broken-in at all. Around two weeks is when I would normally start considering skating in the Pros. These do not feel like they are anywhere near "ready" yet. What that means long term remains to be seen. Further on this point, Vans always felt "comfy" to me, almost out of the box. These have not yet reached that state. When I got home from work last night I was dying to take them off. That never happened before with the Pros. I'll follow-up more as time goes on.

This is my experience word-for-word, sadly I have a pair of slip ons, two pairs of his, and two pairs of half cabs that will now take like a rigorous fucking routine to make skateable.
ok thanks

Frank and Fred

« Reply #505 on: April 04, 2021, 04:51:49 PM »
Do the new Skate versions fit the same as the Pros?

I had to size up from the regular half cabs to a half size bigger for pros (same with most models). Wondering if its the same deal with the new line...

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #506 on: April 04, 2021, 05:02:04 PM »
Do the new Skate versions fit the same as the Pros?

I had to size up from the regular half cabs to a half size bigger for pros (same with most models). Wondering if its the same deal with the new line...
I got them in my regular size just like Pros and they fit like they should (eventually.) I do recall in the early days of Pro slips it was recommended to go up a full size but Vans fixed that and I have been TTS with Vans ever since. I would get what size you always get.

Madam, I'm Adam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #507 on: April 04, 2021, 07:03:26 PM »
Earlier today I tried out a new pair of Skate Half-Cabs for the first time. It was kind of meh. The flick wasn't that precise, and my left foot's arch was getting some really strong plantar fasciitis for a little bit.

I know I have to break them in and you can't really judge a shoe off the first session, actually had this conversation with a local kid who's an absolute ripper in the same session. I guess my expectations were kind of high since I love regular Half-Cabs, so I was hoping for the best. Don't know if I'll keep skating them right now, but I do plan on returning to them.

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
  • Fuck the revoltion. Bring on the apocalypse.
    • ThePastParticple avatar image
« Reply #508 on: April 04, 2021, 09:12:20 PM »

Follow-up from my own previous post. Despite my new Sk8-HIs not feeling "ready" yet, I took them for a quick session today. I realized after about 10 min of skating that while they are not "broken in" yet, that these were never going to feel "ready" in the same sense the Pros did, simply because the Skate version is stiffer. I made some peace with that, and just went on skating. There were three distinct things I noticed.

First, board feel is NOT the same. Pros def have the advantage on this. It's not like wearing cupsoles or anything, but it's not the board feel I loved about Vans.

Second, pop was much more crisp. This was a really interesting one, that took me a bit to figure out what I thought was going on here. But when I did, it made perfect sense. So, Pros are more flexible than the Skate line, which is stiffer. So, imagine running in sand, or trying to ollie on grass. Think about how much power/energy gets lost when you push-off/ollie, because the energy gets dissipated into the sand/grass. Now think about running/ollieing on hard concrete. You get a much more explosive run/ollie, because not as much energy is lost. To me, it seemed like this analogy was like Pros vs. Skate line. With the Skate line being stiffer, it felt like more direct power was transferred into my ollies/noilles, and as a result, the pop was much more crisp and responsive. The trade off, of course, is board feel. I'm really curious to see if anyone else noticed this "crisp pop" phenomena, or if it was just in my head.

Third, the comfy factory (mentioned in previous post) still isn't there. I skated for about 30 min, and afterwards I was really like, "Damn. I want to take these things OFF!"
IG: ThePastParticiple

DLX 8.25  |  144 Forged  |  53mm Classic  |  Super Swiss 6

"Everything has been figured out, except how to live." -Sartre

Rocko

• Rep: 38
« Reply #509 on: April 04, 2021, 09:19:43 PM »
I’ve had two pairs of authentic pros that have a super stiff square heel counter. Does anyone know if the new skate authentics are the same? Thanks in advance!