Author Topic: new Vans models  (Read 116076 times)

Fasttimes, sn00p and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

FatGuy92

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 566
Re: new Vans models
« Reply #450 on: January 15, 2021, 12:55:16 AM »
Expand Quote
https://hypebeast.com/2021/1/vans-authentic-slip-black-burgundy-release-info?amp=1

I know it’s a slip on / authentic mash up but anyone else think this is a complete rip off of Dylan’s slip on?
[close]

Dylan's sister not feelin em

Yeah she's bummed lol. I get where she's coming from, but also understand that it really is an authentic with no lace eyelets.

There are so many comments on the post, so not going to get into it, but have a laugh / look anyway if you are curious.

I wonder how many of them are actually old enough to know much, besides just saying "Dylan / Huf" blah blah blah.

They look clean and stylish, but I am more stoked on something I can do the laces up and have the shoe stay on my feet, but I am old and boring too, I guess.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKB4BKDLvhy/

I'm sure most people are able to identify the Vans Authentic (even my mom can and she knows fuck all about sneakers). It's as classic a silhouette as the Chuck Taylor is imo. I think the issue here is that Dylan popularized this exact style of slip on in skateboarding and had a successful run of them on two different brands and now Vans is doing something similar (down to an oxblood ish color way) after Huf's shoe line is gone. I seem to also remember Alex Olson saying that the shoe they wanted to make on Vans for him was a rip off of Dylan's first shoe.

Not hating on Vans, I almost exclusively wear pros nowadays and if they release a pro version of this, I'll probably try it out. Just saying I see where these comments are coming from in a way.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 01:02:18 AM by FatGuy92 »

spacial_profiling

• Rep: -86
« Reply #451 on: January 15, 2021, 04:33:28 AM »
To add insult to injury, Dylan originated this shoe style in skating having borrowed it from Prada I believe and was shit on in the industry for it, including by people at Vans. Him and Huf gone, cash grab. Soft af.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #452 on: January 15, 2021, 06:18:44 AM »
this is the frye shoe, which some believe Dylan took his "inspiration" from.  It's even got the same little tab at the base of the tongue.  c'mon

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #453 on: January 15, 2021, 06:42:12 AM »
Vans is a lame. This proves it. I get that Dylan didn’t invent it but he made it known in skateboarding. Now vans is ripping it off. Shit is lame.

It’s like frye is the nerves and the shoes are hanging on the telephone. Blondie (Dylan)covers it makes it popular   Everyone thinks it’s her song. Then you got some other established band( vans) playing hanging on the telephone. Acting like it’s not a cover and they wrote it.

Fuck vans.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 06:54:15 AM by Murge »

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #454 on: January 15, 2021, 06:53:43 AM »
Eh. Footwear companies pull from the same trends and style reports and wgsn future seasons all the time. It’s certainly not a trademarked style or model or anything. The other thread showed vans already releasing a leather pack of authentic slip ons years ago called the authentic gore dx

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Vans-Womens-Authentic-Gore-DX-Leather-Lifestyle-Slip-On-Sneakers/630885380?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=2805&&adid=22222222228397399856&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=484080531022&wl4=aud-1028050746458:pla-1056428583338&wl5=9002215&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=113510284&wl11=online&wl12=630885380&veh=sem&gclid=CjwKCAiAl4WABhAJEiwATUnEF9FM5wusrcYymMHydwnroP6JFlQmVNomFKTixtvZOx2de8JTb_bEDBoC00UQAvD_BwE

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #455 on: January 15, 2021, 07:05:33 AM »
The pain that some are feeling over this shoe is very amusing

Murge

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #456 on: January 15, 2021, 07:10:01 AM »

I don’t feel pain. I don’t feel anything but it is what it is.  Didn’t wear Dylan’s won’t wear these. But it is a blatant rip off. If anyone finds this fine and Berles cosplay in poor taste. You’re probably a hypocrite.

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #457 on: January 15, 2021, 07:38:59 AM »
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

Croquet temper

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #458 on: January 15, 2021, 07:40:44 AM »
I don't skate in slip-ons and certainly would never partake in any skate slip-on related drama.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #459 on: January 15, 2021, 07:46:25 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I don’t feel pain. I don’t feel anything but it is what it is.  Didn’t wear Dylan’s won’t wear these. But it is a blatant rip off. If anyone finds this fine and Berles cosplay in poor taste. You’re probably a hypocrite.

Dylan's shoe wasn't exactly unique

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #460 on: January 15, 2021, 08:21:39 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I did wear Dylan's and they don't fucking make them anymore so it is what it is. Dylan's shoe wasn't even an original design and Vans shoes are the most ripped off shoe in history.

NORTHBYMIDWEST

• Rep: 18
« Reply #461 on: January 15, 2021, 08:23:53 AM »
I love Dylan just as much as the next guy and I can kinda see where these people are coming from but calling the Van's model a rip off is pretty rich considering Dylan more or less ripped the design off from another shoe in the first place. Give Van's some slack, think about how often the Half Cab etc. is ripped off and they're not tripping.

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #462 on: January 15, 2021, 09:19:35 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Think Berle will be rocking these?

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #463 on: January 15, 2021, 09:52:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Seeing that he prefers Old Skools, Authentics, and Slip Ons. I say yes.

Also, seeing that he's a fan of vulc shoes, I wonder if he was forced to make a shoe with the WaffleCup in order to have a shoe?

stets

• Rep: 106
« Reply #464 on: January 15, 2021, 10:10:43 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Also, seeing that he's a fan of vulc shoes, I wonder if he was forced to make a shoe with the WaffleCup in order to have a shoe?

Again y'all. This shoe is coming from the Wild West out East of Vans Japan where they seem to do fuckall with whatever they want inside Japan independent of the Vans' normal production and distribution. I heard they even use their own factories independent of the Vans we know. These aren't coming to America or Europe. This isn't Vans trying to step on Dylan's ground... it's just Vans Japan doing what they always seem to do, from Stan Smith ripoffs to AF1 ripoffs to even like Danner Boot ripoffs.

As for Berle, the Vans company that makes/gives shoes to him won't be making these, so I almost guarantee he will not be getting any of these unless he has a homie in Japan get them for him.

Only way you are getting them is if you have a homie in Japan buy them at ABC Mart and send them to you.
(That being said, are there any Slap Pals in Japan down to order me a pair in japan size 28??)
Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

Murge

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #465 on: January 15, 2021, 10:30:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I immediately think of that meme of the sweaty kid in class and it’s Berle trying not wear them.
This shoe completes his cosplay. It’s his wet dream that came alive

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #466 on: January 15, 2021, 10:31:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

(That being said, are there any Slap Pals in Japan down to order me a pair in japan size 28??)

Thank you for making that clear. Also I need a Japan sz 28 as well. Preferably black.

twic3

• Rep: 14
« Reply #467 on: January 15, 2021, 10:44:14 AM »
I havent seen them at my local shops yet but I think Beatrice is coming out with her own colorway of the "dylan slip ons" from what I seen on her insta. black leather with the pro insole in it.

stets

• Rep: 106
« Reply #468 on: January 15, 2021, 11:26:50 AM »
I havent seen them at my local shops yet but I think Beatrice is coming out with her own colorway of the "dylan slip ons" from what I seen on her insta. black leather with the pro insole in it.

I saw them too and was wondering:

But to me they kinda look like the style Fear Of God did with them a few years back:
Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #469 on: January 15, 2021, 01:16:16 PM »
The Beatrice shoe is a penny-loafer style, not a Dylan slip-on.  Dylan did have that "driver shoe" on Huf that is sorta similar, but Beatrice's shoe is 100% a vulcanized penny loafer.

Edit:  somewhat clearer shot from her insta:

blueskynoise

• Rep: 23
« Reply #470 on: January 15, 2021, 02:37:48 PM »
The Beatrice shoe is a penny-loafer style, not a Dylan slip-on.  Dylan did have that "driver shoe" on Huf that is sorta similar, but Beatrice's shoe is 100% a vulcanized penny loafer.

Edit:  somewhat clearer shot from her insta:

These are sick. Another vans to add to the collection, ha. Not to go totally off topic, but I’m loving the AVEs way more than I thought I would. Might grab a pair of beatrice’s colorway for the hell of it

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #471 on: January 15, 2021, 04:58:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Again y'all. This shoe is coming from the Wild West out East of Vans Japan where they seem to do fuckall with whatever they want inside Japan independent of the Vans' normal production and distribution. I heard they even use their own factories independent of the Vans we know. These aren't coming to America or Europe. This isn't Vans trying to step on Dylan's ground... it's just Vans Japan doing what they always seem to do, from Stan Smith ripoffs to AF1 ripoffs to even like Danner Boot ripoffs.

As for Berle, the Vans company that makes/gives shoes to him won't be making these, so I almost guarantee he will not be getting any of these unless he has a homie in Japan get them for him.

Only way you are getting them is if you have a homie in Japan buy them at ABC Mart and send them to you.

You need this guy...

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #472 on: January 15, 2021, 05:03:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Thank you for making that clear. Also I need a Japan sz 28 as well. Preferably black.
Whatever the equivalent of US 9.5 is I want a pair.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #473 on: January 15, 2021, 06:51:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I really don’t believe that if Berle asked Vans to get him these they wouldn’t have boxes of them on his doorstep, that said he has to be aware of his Dylan-isms and that people are onto it so I really can’t imagine him doing it.

At what point do AVE and Dill have to step in and have a conversation about his cosplay?

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #474 on: January 15, 2021, 07:05:17 PM »
Wasn’t the rumor that Berle was passed to let this one slide to push the tech and would be given more creative control for his 2nd shoe?
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #475 on: January 27, 2021, 11:18:00 AM »
inquiry. interested in buying some of the anaheim sk8-hi's. i had a pair of the style 73 (epoch/sport) anaheims and found them to run about a half size small. does this carry through with the other anaheim models? anyone have any experience with this?
good come sausage

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #476 on: January 27, 2021, 01:54:47 PM »
inquiry. interested in buying some of the anaheim sk8-hi's. i had a pair of the style 73 (epoch/sport) anaheims and found them to run about a half size small. does this carry through with the other anaheim models? anyone have any experience with this?
I had a pair of anaheim Sids that were also at least a half size smaller than every other pair of non-anaheim vans that i've had.  So yeah, it's probably consistent across all anaheims.

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #477 on: January 27, 2021, 02:12:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I had a pair of anaheim Sids that were also at least a half size smaller than every other pair of non-anaheim vans that i've had.  So yeah, it's probably consistent across all anaheims.
Whoa, great info. I got some Anaheim Collection Sports in hopes of skating them, but they are definitely about a quarter size too small and smash my toes. I was really stressing out not knowing my shoe size.

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #478 on: January 27, 2021, 03:10:23 PM »
after a few weeks w the kyle walkers

wafflecup is legit

ultracush is too squishy and my feet move around too much
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #479 on: January 28, 2021, 04:42:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

bless your soul, thanks.

ALSO

i tried on a pair of those kyle walker 2's at a nordstrom rack for shits and giggles.

whoever designed this shoe should be shot. felt so insecure on my foot not to mention looks terrible. strap didn't make the shoe feel locked in on my foot at all. no clue how these are still on shelves.
good come sausage