Author Topic: Covid vaccine  (Read 58027 times)

Jagr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 116
Re: Covid vaccine
« Reply #450 on: May 13, 2021, 03:04:57 PM »
Got second dose of Pfizer two weeks ago. No side effects after either, except for a sore arm after the first. Was pretty worried I'd get wrecked after the second, but hydrated like an absolute mf and was completely fine.

bigdave

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #451 on: May 13, 2021, 05:31:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Why is this so fucking hard for people to wrap their heads around?
[close]

Because antivaxxers are dumb and selfish. A pretty shitty combination.
ok thanks

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1098
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #452 on: May 13, 2021, 06:10:53 PM »
Got second dose of Pfizer two weeks ago. No side effects after either, except for a sore arm after the first. Was pretty worried I'd get wrecked after the second, but hydrated like an absolute mf and was completely fine.

Same experience here with both doses of Pfizer.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Fhk

« Reply #453 on: May 13, 2021, 06:49:58 PM »

How will they tell if people are vaccinated or not?

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 659
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #454 on: May 13, 2021, 06:59:38 PM »
Booked an appointment... but I plan on moving in-between the first and second shot... not sure how that shit is going to work.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 524
« Reply #455 on: May 13, 2021, 07:15:03 PM »
Cannot wait for kids to get the vaccine. Schools in my state have taken a lax stance on enforcing safety precautions and my boss has said, "Kids just aren't getting covid." Yes, they are... they're just not as symptomatic as often and are absolutely agents of viral spread. Beyond baffling to think that children cannot spread a highly contagious airborne virus... Like we would be harvesting the little mutants' blood if that were true.

I feel like people aren't taking their 5-10 year olds to go get tested, especially not in my community. I work at a school and have had one child in my class recieve a covid test (negative, thank god). I don't have the numbers on negativity rates or test administration for elementary age children, but if my little slice of life is representative of the state at all, then we cannot reasonably say that "kids can't get covid." Disappointed in my leadership, to say the least.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #456 on: May 15, 2021, 01:50:11 PM »
In (on?) line now for first dose of Pfizer at Lumen Field.

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #457 on: May 15, 2021, 06:21:43 PM »

How will they tell if people are vaccinated or not?
They can’t tell, and people are going to be so, so shitty about it too, especially to service industry folks. It’s alright, we’ll be back to masking, color tiers, and death by fall because of all the free thinking people like coneklr. So brave.

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #458 on: May 16, 2021, 02:26:54 PM »
Got my first shot today, fell asleep for 4 hours after but also ate a pretty gnarly pizza so that could've been just that. No other side effects so far!

mushroom slice

« Reply #459 on: May 16, 2021, 02:32:02 PM »
I got my second Pfizer shot last weekend.  I will continue to wear a mask because I like it. I feel like a ninja. Masks are cool and I’m ugly so it’s all good.

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1108
« Reply #460 on: May 16, 2021, 02:39:36 PM »
Got my first Moderna shot today. Went on a 5-mile skate afterward. Those 5g nanobots sure did the trick.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #461 on: May 17, 2021, 04:02:17 PM »
They finally opened to 30+ today where I live, getting Pfizer next Tuesday after work.  Getting hyyyped.

Gary Bucket

• Rep: 42
« Reply #462 on: May 17, 2021, 04:12:39 PM »

Fhk

« Reply #463 on: May 17, 2021, 05:46:54 PM »

The irony of these two idiots endorsing vaccines after making a living deceiving people is priceless. Actually that's a poor analogy.. I bet their service did have a price tag, and it was probably fairly low seeing that the have been irrelevant for quite a while. Why take the time to do research of something pertaining to your personal health and well-being when washed up "magicians" can lead you in the right direction.

Gary Bucket

• Rep: 42
« Reply #464 on: May 17, 2021, 06:52:07 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
The irony of these two idiots endorsing vaccines after making a living deceiving people is priceless. Actually that's a poor analogy.. I bet their service did have a price tag, and it was probably fairly low seeing that the have been irrelevant for quite a while. Why take the time to do research of something pertaining to your personal health and well-being when washed up "magicians" can lead you in the right direction.

Didn’t think an old “candy bar at checkout” style video from a comedic magician duos show about skepticism would cause such a fervor but ok.

Also, I thought the whole point of magic shows was to pay money to feel like a silly goose for like an hour. As far as I know they don’t sell tonics or give medical advice afterwards either. I got the vaccine, I’m not worried about it. If the guys with wands and rabbits in the hats make a couple ha-has that convince one idiot on the fence to vaccinated that’s a good thing, no?

Bucketguy

• Rep: 15
« Reply #465 on: May 17, 2021, 07:43:31 PM »
Got first dose of Pfizer on the 8th of may here in Alberta. No side effects, quick and easy appointment. 2nd dose is supposed to be within 16 weeks my card says. 

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1591
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #466 on: May 17, 2021, 09:16:47 PM »
I fortunately had no complications with both of my vaccinations.

I do think it is worthwhile to bring up the various sources of information that the general public are exposed to.

https://thenewamerican.com/covid-shots-dna-transhumanism-with-dr-madej-2/

Wowzers
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

• Rep: -2
« Reply #467 on: May 17, 2021, 10:26:47 PM »
Got my 1st dose of the vaccine (Pfizer) 3 days ago and the 2nd dose is on June 5. The soreness is comparable to hitting the gym doing 30 pound dumbel curls with no experience whatsoever.

PS the only antivaxxers I’ll listen to are those who endorse the extinction of the human race

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1488
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #468 on: May 17, 2021, 11:28:40 PM »
Getting my first does of Moderna on Thursday, finally!

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1591
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #469 on: May 17, 2021, 11:49:31 PM »
Got my 1st dose of the vaccine (Pfizer) 3 days ago and the 2nd dose is on June 5. The soreness is comparable to hitting the gym doing 30 pound dumbel curls with no experience whatsoever.

PS the only antivaxxers I’ll listen to are those who endorse the extinction of the human race

Misanthropes ryde or die (RIP Dmx)
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #470 on: May 18, 2021, 04:11:28 AM »

I do think it is worthwhile to bring up the various sources of information that the general public are exposed to.

Wowzers
My uncle’s husband watches these videos and they’re staying over at the moment. :/

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 578
« Reply #471 on: May 18, 2021, 05:59:05 AM »

I’m rooting for our extinction, but I’d rather not contribute to it in this case. As such, shoot me up with some of that sweet sweet mRNA because I’ve got proteins to synthesize. Conversely, if I’m presented with a big red button I’m told not to touch, the forecast is blinding lights followed by eternal darkness.

I’m still working through some stuff.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #472 on: May 18, 2021, 06:41:37 AM »
Expand Quote

Wowzers
[close]
My uncle’s husband watches these videos and they’re staying over at the moment. :/

I just got a fucking headache reading the comments on that page.

1st and 2nd Pfizer dose here with no symptoms, stayed extra hydrated the whole time.

Both parents had some side effects but nothing major after their shots. Hopefully more and more people get fully vaccinated. Be sure to let your friends know if you have been. Mine have started to sign up after talking with them and showing them I had no problems.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1481
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #473 on: May 18, 2021, 08:34:02 AM »
Good for you on sharing your experience with your friends and getting them to get vaccinated.

It really is a relief to see more and more of y'all were able to get at least your first dose finally. I know each country is different.

After my son gets his second shot, we can travel (by car) to do some vacation sightseeing since my entire household will be done.

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #474 on: May 18, 2021, 09:54:11 AM »
Good for you on sharing your experience with your friends and getting them to get vaccinated.

It really is a relief to see more and more of y'all were able to get at least your first dose finally. I know each country is different.

After my son gets his second shot, we can travel (by car) to do some vacation sightseeing since my entire household will be done.

Thank you, I live in New York State so vaccine accessibility has been really good here. Some areas even have pop up vaccination centers at train stations and bus stops(J&J Single Shot). They offer a free bus/train pass when you get your shot there. Little things like that are great for people who are willing to get the shot but don't feel like taking the time or are too busy.

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #475 on: May 18, 2021, 11:05:26 AM »
At this point, in CA, if you want a shot and are even the slightest bit driven to get one, they're available. Excuses are just about gone. For people that cant access a clinic, there are solutions for that. Just have to try. A teensy bit.
ok thanks

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1392
« Reply #476 on: May 18, 2021, 11:41:45 AM »
At this point, in CA, if you want a shot and are even the slightest bit driven to get one, they're available. Excuses are just about gone. For people that cant access a clinic, there are solutions for that. Just have to try. A teensy bit.

I will say that in the rural county of 134k people I live in, healthcare is generally AWFUL. Covid response however, has been top notch. Tests were free and available early on, as were vaccines. Pretty cool, but damn that first test April 2020 was brutal
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

dofrenzy

« Reply #477 on: May 18, 2021, 12:07:04 PM »
Wife and I got 2nd shots this past weekend, daughters 12 and 15 got their first shots this weekend, here in Massachusetts USA.  Pfizer: the shoulder muscle was hella sore for both shots but OK otherwise.  Lots of hydration.

Last week 3 of us were down hard with a nasty cold.  Our youngest has been full-time IN school at a small private (9 kids in her class), and they did their standardized testing (Math, Science, etc.) a couple of weeks ago.  One of the parents sent their SICK AF kid to school because it was “Testing Week”.  12 year-old got sick first, then our other daughter and me (wife did not get sick).  3 other kids in her class also got it.  No joke plenty of restrictions in place at the school, plexiglass cubicles, at least 6 ft. Apart, take your temp at the door, etc......

Youngest tested negative for COVID so we all just dealt with the cold. 

Gotta say, with mad COVID restrictions in place, 3 of us getting a cold like that after going more than a full year without illness really goes to show how effective the COVID restrictions really were. 

Finally, I’ve been wanting to wear a bandana since I saw The Brady Bunch episode where Bobby idolized Jesse James.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 12:14:29 PM by dofrenzy »

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #478 on: May 18, 2021, 12:14:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I will say that in the rural county of 134k people I live in, healthcare is generally AWFUL. Covid response however, has been top notch. Tests were free and available early on, as were vaccines. Pretty cool, but damn that first test April 2020 was brutal

Yeah I dont know which state you're in, CA or otherwise, but CA has been right on with vaccines, much better than they were with testing (which had a whole litany of issues that were really out of california's control anyway.
ok thanks

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1392
« Reply #479 on: May 18, 2021, 01:06:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah I dont know which state you're in, CA or otherwise, but CA has been right on with vaccines, much better than they were with testing (which had a whole litany of issues that were really out of california's control anyway.

I'm right up on the north, north coast of CA. I'd heard horror stories about testing down south, but like I said, up here, our rural, community health centers really came through from the get. TBH, testing seemed even worse in Massachusetts when I drove out there last September/October 2020. Couldn't find a free test ANYWHERE in the state. Rhode Island was a different story, but ya, my testing experience in CA was top notch as far as that sorta thing goes.
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty