Author Topic: Nyjah, Cookie, and Dominick Walker of Element  (Read 43094 times)

Billy Bitchcakes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
Re: Nyjah, Cookie, and Dominick Walker of Element
« Reply #300 on: January 22, 2021, 05:56:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
theres a rumor going around that the olympics have been cancelled and it just hasn't been announced yet. putting my tinfoil hat on, imma say nike knows that and is making the calculated assessment that ninejahs stock is going to bust soon
[close]

https://www.smh.com.au/world/asia/japan-govt-has-privately-concluded-tokyo-olympics-will-have-to-be-cancelled-because-of-coronavirus-the-times-citing-senior-ruling-coalition-member-20210122-p56w3i.html

confirmed
[close]
Why don't they just put them in a bubble like the NBA did? Have them take a test maybe a month or so beforehand, fly them out to Japan, and stay bubbled until the end? I know this is a way bigger scale than the NBA but it's possible.

The olympics is a tourism investment. It costs like $15bn dollars to host and they bring that money back through economic spending over the course of the event and in years afterwards. I doubt Japan want to even bother if they can't have anyone watch it
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Jerrys Kid

• Rep: 56
« Reply #301 on: January 22, 2021, 06:33:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
theres a rumor going around that the olympics have been cancelled and it just hasn't been announced yet. putting my tinfoil hat on, imma say nike knows that and is making the calculated assessment that ninejahs stock is going to bust soon
[close]

https://www.smh.com.au/world/asia/japan-govt-has-privately-concluded-tokyo-olympics-will-have-to-be-cancelled-because-of-coronavirus-the-times-citing-senior-ruling-coalition-member-20210122-p56w3i.html

confirmed
[close]
Why don't they just put them in a bubble like the NBA did? Have them take a test maybe a month or so beforehand, fly them out to Japan, and stay bubbled until the end? I know this is a way bigger scale than the NBA but it's possible.
[close]

The olympics is a tourism investment. It costs like $15bn dollars to host and they bring that money back through economic spending over the course of the event and in years afterwards. I doubt Japan want to even bother if they can't have anyone watch it

To your point, the could just do it at various training facilities around the host country and spread out the events over the course of a year so you aren't having to house thousands of people all at the same time.

manysnakes

« Reply #302 on: January 22, 2021, 06:36:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

confirmed
[close]
[close]

It has been demonstrated again and again that the Olympics (like all state subsidized sports) are a huge net loss for the host cities and countries. It’s a gigantic scam, one of the largest ever pulled, and now we are at a point where cities are no longer even vying for the rights to host them. I don’t think that a single *qualified* city volunteered to host the 22 Winter Olympics, although they eventually got it figured out

trash

• Rep: 15
« Reply #303 on: January 22, 2021, 06:56:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Whoa my shop just got the Disorder catalog email. It's for real.

[close]
Ughhhh Gildan blanks are the shittiest. Nyjah of Element, on Shopify
[close]
Chris Cole a consultant on this?

lol I'm by no means a Nigel fan but the hypocrisy of slap can be hilarious. From latest Hockey season:

imjusthereforthechips

« Reply #304 on: January 22, 2021, 07:25:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

confirmed
[close]
[close]

[close]

It has been demonstrated again and again that the Olympics (like all state subsidized sports) are a huge net loss for the host cities and countries. It’s a gigantic scam, one of the largest ever pulled, and now we are at a point where cities are no longer even vying for the rights to host them. I don’t think that a single *qualified* city volunteered to host the 22 Winter Olympics, although they eventually got it figured out
i truly hope that you are right. in my opinion, any and every host city seems to get overrun by all the bullshit and shitty behavior from attendees whenever the olympics come into town. i feel that most of the attendees, for the most part, do not respect the culture of the hosting cities. sure, the influx of foreigners may help the local economy in the short term, but is it really worth it?

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 687
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #305 on: January 22, 2021, 07:35:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]

lol I'm by no means a Nigel fan but the hypocrisy of slap can be hilarious. From latest Hockey season:

Hmm definitely similar vibe.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 460
« Reply #306 on: January 22, 2021, 07:36:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

confirmed
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
i truly hope that you are right. in my opinion, any and every host city seems to get overrun by all the bullshit and shitty behavior from attendees whenever the olympics come into town. i feel that most of the attendees, for the most part, do not respect the culture of the hosting cities. sure, the influx of foreigners may help the local economy in the short term, but is it really worth it?

I feel like you just described tourism
listen to cosmic psychos

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -767
« Reply #307 on: January 22, 2021, 07:46:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]

Both companies have awful design
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

nolliecrooked

• Rep: -23
« Reply #308 on: January 22, 2021, 07:55:45 AM »
I hope those boring skatepark ppl just get all together into 1 brand and dont mess with any other cool brand, coudnt care less

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #309 on: January 22, 2021, 07:58:08 AM »
Maybe they should call it receiver
listen to cosmic psychos

Gbeerme

• Rep: -6
« Reply #310 on: January 22, 2021, 08:22:44 AM »
New co is likely a homage to Nyjahs favorite 80's movie with Ty as Albert Dennison

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #311 on: January 22, 2021, 08:35:22 AM »
New co is likely a homage to Nyjahs favorite 80's movie with Ty as Albert Dennison

Hey- "The Fat Boys are back, and you know they could never be wack."  What a time it was when three obease dudes who weren't even that good at rapping could have a semi-sucessful group and a movie.  None of this cool guy hip hop we have today.  They even had, The Human Beatbox.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #312 on: January 22, 2021, 08:37:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]

I don't think that graphic is really the problem but calling your company disorder has real 'Joker Damaged tattoo on forehead' vibes

slutonparade

• Rep: 26
« Reply #313 on: January 22, 2021, 08:39:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

confirmed
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

The IOC doesn't give a shit about tourism revenue for the host city.  I wouldn't be surprised if the IOC pulls a switcheroo and they pivot to a no-live-attendance streaming event using stadiums in a different country

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 99
« Reply #314 on: January 22, 2021, 08:42:31 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Hey- "The Fat Boys are back, and you know they could never be wack."  What a time it was when three obease dudes who weren't even that good at rapping could have a semi-sucessful group and a movie.  None of this cool guy hip hop we have today.  They even had, The Human Beatbox.

for real, don't you dare diss The Fat Boys or the movie Disorderlies.  I'm lookin at 3 Fat Boys albums from where I'm sitting right now!!!
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

Sluggloaph

• Rep: 25
« Reply #315 on: January 22, 2021, 08:53:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

for real, don't you dare diss The Fat Boys or the movie Disorderlies.  I'm lookin at 3 Fat Boys albums from where I'm sitting right now!!!
Tell em Steve dave, except I had zero clue they had three albums...I thought tbh it was just krush groove. Kern sumthin new everydaym thanks slap.
Whoa. Danger.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #316 on: January 22, 2021, 09:03:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

confirmed
[close]
[close]

[close]

It's probably a big loss a the time but there have been studies showing that the economic boost can last decades. You're probably still right though. Per my point though Japan has sunk $25 billion dollars into it at this point, they need that tourism to make anything back so I'd guess it's either cancel the games and get some huge insurance payout (if that's possible) or try and reschedule. I heard they're trying to get in as the hosts for 2032.
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

KBizzle

• Rep: -17
« Reply #317 on: January 22, 2021, 09:27:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Disorderlies is a great movie. Peek 80's cinema at its finest.

wikileaks

• Rep: -34
« Reply #318 on: January 22, 2021, 09:28:12 AM »
Just got an email from Nike asking to return all of Nyjah' shoes. of Nike as well?

macario87

• Rep: -3
« Reply #319 on: January 22, 2021, 10:09:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Unfortunately, I know the ins and outs of these three leaving, and I'm here to spill the beans  8)

-Nyjah's agent asked Element to build a sub-brand like Nike/Jordan. They told Element Nyjah was building his own company, which ended up not being true, and zero logistics were set up on Nyjah's side. Not linked to Faze Clan . He got a contract offer he didn't sign (Not sure if that's true or not) for the same money and more.
-Looks like Cookie was offered a higher pro salary and an artist contract to support him financially beyond his pro $. No idea the amount but was good from I have been told. A local store saw the collection he "co-designed". No idea if it was good or not.
-Dominick was offered a pro deal before '21 summer. Seems like he turned down an Axion contract and has been focused on modeling the Drew line. He asked for way more money even when he has no other sponsor in place.

Not defending Element's side, but let's do not forget there is much more to the story than an Instagram post :-)
[close]

wow, thanks element tm

I wish, I would have fired everyone last year and get Muska, TK and Vallely back.

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #320 on: January 22, 2021, 10:28:26 AM »
Just got an email from Nike asking to return all of Nyjah' shoes. of Nike as well?

Screenshot?

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #321 on: January 22, 2021, 10:58:08 AM »
Yeah prove it, is his contract up or what? Maybe someone else is offering a mil a year, but who has that sorta payola, I can only think of two companies

Shieet I can only think of two companies that might be able to pay half that and deadset if Nike got their roi we wouldn’t be speculating
listen to cosmic psychos

HotnSpicyMcChicken

• Rep: -42
« Reply #322 on: January 22, 2021, 11:02:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

Both companies have awful design

Nah that Hockey graphic is sick. Definitely the first thing I thought of when I saw the Disorder graphic, which is a shitty knockoff version of it.

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2259
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #323 on: January 22, 2021, 11:13:26 AM »
Might have nothing to do with him leaving the team, though.
Could be as simple as a product recall. My guess is that Uighur slaves were sneaking “Send Help!” messages into the Nyjah models by slipping tiny paper notes between the insole & footbed.
I don’t know.
I heard Axion is recruiting.  ;)

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
« Reply #324 on: January 22, 2021, 12:10:44 PM »

BieberStance

• Rep: -18
« Reply #325 on: January 22, 2021, 12:25:55 PM »
is this disorder stuff really nigels brand?
i honestly like the colors, logo and art direction.
would be a shame if i can´t wear it because of him.

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 687
« Reply #326 on: January 22, 2021, 12:45:21 PM »
Can anyone tell who this is? Maybe first team rider??

I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 250
« Reply #327 on: January 22, 2021, 12:51:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

confirmed
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

It's probably a big loss a the time but there have been studies showing that the economic boost can last decades. You're probably still right though. Per my point though Japan has sunk $25 billion dollars into it at this point, they need that tourism to make anything back so I'd guess it's either cancel the games and get some huge insurance payout (if that's possible) or try and reschedule. I heard they're trying to get in as the hosts for 2032.

what studies?  i thought after rio everyone was reporting that the benefits the olympics brought to your country (tourist, dollars, national pride) was just bullshit peddled by the IOC to get people to want the Olympics and the real effects are having spend lavishly to meet IOC demands will siphon money away from services that citizens need particularly as costs grow in the time crunch.  This why recently there has been a precipitous drop in the amount of nations competing to get the olympics and often a concerted effort from the citizens of the host cities to fight those gunning for it.  They did an unprecedented double announcement when they named Paris(?) and LA as the next Summer host cities because they wanted to secure the money before public sentiment cratered.

BieberStance

• Rep: -18
« Reply #328 on: January 22, 2021, 12:51:45 PM »
Can anyone tell who this is? Maybe first team rider??

a quick research shows that it is definitely a french brand. even the (nonexisting) website they link to on their social profiles ends in .fr

so it will have nothing to do with nijah.

i wish them luck on their endevour and hope they will make some nice product and back it up with good skating. like i said before, the art direction is solid in my opinion.

JimGeko

• Rep: -38
« Reply #329 on: January 22, 2021, 01:53:48 PM »
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but I was under the impression that it was common knowledge the Olympic committee or whatever it’s called who run the Olympics acts like a giant corporation and exists just for profit. There is massive corruption within the organisation itself and between the competing countries. It’s just a huge money grab and exploration of world class athletes that get zero pay (unless they have sponsors - which I don’t think counts considering the money being made off them is so huge).
What do you say on a Slap signature?

I DON"T KNOW!

MASHED POTATO * APPLE SAUCE * BUTTERY... BISCUITS.

https://ephmedia.giphy.com/4e27e798-9a5d-4df3-87ba-b18f905e055a.gif