Author Topic: WBSWB Movement (Wide Board Short Wheelbase)  (Read 77692 times)

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
Re: WBSWB Movement (Wide Board Short Wheelbase)
« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2021, 06:18:44 PM »
Do you guys ride indy’s on the really short wheelbase  decks?

Yes. Yes I do.

sammyz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 82
« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2021, 06:24:44 PM »
Interesting....i always felt i had a hard time getting any pop on indys with small wheelbase...maybe its also because i tend to get decks with longer tails

Fhk

« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2021, 06:24:57 PM »
Sour’s got 8.5 & 8.6 with 14.1. Sounds good with my 149s.

https://soursolution.us/collections/shop
I wonder if its the same with the 8.75? I don't understand why some places only post the specs on some boards

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2021, 06:43:58 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I wonder if its the same with the 8.75? I don't understand why some places only post the specs on some boards
waa just looking at that 8.75 too. Random it’s on one but not the 8.75”. They don’t want us to be great.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2021, 06:47:45 PM »

I think Tired also has some cool shapes with wheelbases 14.25 and below.

Tired wheelbases were always quite short, with wide 9+ boards more often than not, but most of the guys I skated with drilled them out to be longer (the opposite of this thread).

I know they were pretty much done and finished here in Australia.  Not sure about the rest of the world though.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

DeepSpace9mm

• Rep: 100
« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2021, 08:19:41 PM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

I think Tired also has some cool shapes with wheelbases 14.25 and below.
[close]

Tired wheelbases were always quite short, with wide 9+ boards more often than not, but most of the guys I skated with drilled them out to be longer (the opposite of this thread).

I know they were pretty much done and finished here in Australia.  Not sure about the rest of the world though.

[close]
their site is either down or on break. checking in from new york
[close]

I saw “Tired and Destroyed” Sigar and Popsicle shape on there recently. IIRC it said available February something.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2021, 11:32:39 PM »
Can give an honorable mention to Doom Sayers 8.4 shovel nose right? It’s got a 14.25 w/b, been wanting to try one for years now, other boards always get in the way though...

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Fhk

« Reply #67 on: February 05, 2021, 02:57:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
waa just looking at that 8.75 too. Random it’s on one but not the 8.75”. They don’t want us to be great.
They are scared of this movement. We will prevail.

edit: if someone follows them on Ig maybe they could find out the specs on that 8.75 Scumco. I have a funny feeling its gonna be a winner.. I don't have an account or I would definitely do the leg work for us.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2021, 05:18:26 AM by Fhk hu »

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2021, 06:00:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]

edit: if someone follows them on Ig maybe they could find out the specs on that 8.75 Scumco. I have a funny feeling its gonna be a winner.. I don't have an account or I would definitely do the leg work for us.
8.75/31.6/14.0
might be the chosen one
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Fhk

« Reply #69 on: February 05, 2021, 06:13:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
8.75/31.6/14.0
might be the chosen one
No fucking way!! I wonder if thats all of their 8.75s because my birthday is Monday and I will definitely treat myself! Thanks for taking on the mission for us haha

Diocletian

« Reply #70 on: February 05, 2021, 07:08:44 AM »
Has anyone skated this Fancy Lad shape? Says the WB is 13.75....

https://www.tactics.com/fancy-lad/cats-feeding-90-skateboard-deck/black
https://www.fancyladskateboards.com/products/cats-feeding-9-shaped

Would definitely be interested in trying it.

I ordered this board after seeing your post, I never spotted this board anywhere online before so big thanks to you. This short wheelbase with some Ace's is going to be insane turning I can't wait.

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #71 on: February 05, 2021, 07:27:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
8.75/31.6/14.0
might be the chosen one
[close]
No fucking way!! I wonder if thats all of their 8.75s because my birthday is Monday and I will definitely treat myself! Thanks for taking on the mission for us haha
on pennswood:
They're all 14" wb. I've had them from 8.125-8.75 and they're all the same.
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Fhk

« Reply #72 on: February 05, 2021, 07:37:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
8.75/31.6/14.0
might be the chosen one
[close]
[close]
on pennswood:
Expand Quote
[close]
Hell yeah thanks brother I'm ordering one now!

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #73 on: February 05, 2021, 09:28:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
8.75/31.6/14.0
might be the chosen one
[close]
[close]
on pennswood:
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=10804.26100

Not sure if link brings you to the post but here’s 8.75 scumco set up with 6.1. You commented on your old account haha

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 865
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #74 on: February 05, 2021, 09:34:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Has anyone skated this Fancy Lad shape? Says the WB is 13.75....

https://www.tactics.com/fancy-lad/cats-feeding-90-skateboard-deck/black
https://www.fancyladskateboards.com/products/cats-feeding-9-shaped

Would definitely be interested in trying it.
[close]

I ordered this board after seeing your post, I never spotted this board anywhere online before so big thanks to you. This short wheelbase with some Ace's is going to be insane turning I can't wait.

I’m heavily debating it, let me know how it is!

Fhk

« Reply #75 on: February 05, 2021, 09:56:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
8.75/31.6/14.0
might be the chosen one
[close]
[close]
on pennswood:
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=10804.26100

Not sure if link brings you to the post but here’s 8.75 scumco set up with 6.1. You commented on your old account haha
Haha! Well at least it finally happened! Now I got a really..REALLY good feeling about this one. Holyfuck my brain is burnt lol

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #76 on: February 05, 2021, 10:19:53 AM »
More here

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
https://imgur.com/gallery/abu00A2

ScumCo 8-7/8” x 31-11/16” x 14” wb - this board is so confusing to me but I got it on sale
Venture 5.8 standard (painted baseplates) - all stock
53 FF Radial Slims
Jessup
Mini Logo bearings
Shortys
[close]

Rad setup. Looks hella fun
[close]

Thanks !  Honestly, this board trips me out.  It’s so wide and steep but the wheelbase is so short.  I can’t get the timing of it for flatground but I get a ton of pop.

Fhk

« Reply #77 on: February 05, 2021, 10:34:52 AM »
More here

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

ScumCo 8-7/8” x 31-11/16” x 14” wb - this board is so confusing to me but I got it on sale
53 FF Radial Slims
Jessup
Mini Logo bearings
Shortys
[close]

[close]

Thanks !  Honestly, this board trips me out.  It’s so wide and steep but the wheelbase is so short.  I can’t get the timing of it for flatground but I get a ton of pop.
[close]
Ugh the saga continues..I just got a call, the 8.75 Scumco that FA skates had in stock was PS wood and 32.25 long with a 14.5 wb..
Dude on the phone was such a cool mf, he asked if I wanted to cancel the order or he could find something else kinda close. I went with a 8.5 FA board which is sub 32 with the 14 wb. What can you do lol

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #78 on: February 05, 2021, 10:35:39 AM »
Not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet, but just saw that habitat has an 8.75 shape right now with a 14.25 wb. Correct me if I’m wrong but in the recent past hasn’t alien/habitat had an 8.5 with a 14wb?

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #79 on: February 05, 2021, 02:11:46 PM »
Expand Quote
More here

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

53 FF Radial Slims
Jessup
Mini Logo bearings
Shortys
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
Ugh the saga continues..I just got a call, the 8.75 Scumco that FA skates had in stock was PS wood and 32.25 long with a 14.5 wb..
Dude on the phone was such a cool mf, he asked if I wanted to cancel the order or he could find something else kinda close. I went with a 8.5 FA board which is sub 32 with the 14 wb. What can you do lol
i think the logo boards are still pennswood? really bummed they switched to ps when i just found a shape i like

Ol Nick

• Rep: 101
« Reply #80 on: February 05, 2021, 05:34:43 PM »
Last fall I rode a shop deck on a Clutch X11 shape. It’s a symmetrical/twin tail popsicle 8.75 x 32.5 (or maybe 33) with a 14.25 WB. I was coming back down to 14.25 from a 14.6 and a 14.75 so I kinda preferred it on 6.1s over 55s but now that I’ve been on 14.25 for a couple of decks I might put the 55s back on and see how it feels. With that wheel base, the noses/kicks are 7” long but I really liked the real estate, especially on an 8.75.

I don’t know if Clutch focused their Instagram or just blocked me for asking what companies are having X11s pressed so I could buy some more but they used to have a post on their feed with the X blanks.

Also, if y’all know someone who presses 8.75s on clutch, let me know so I can keep up the hunt.
I only skate prime numbers, so it's either 53s or 59s, feast or famine

GlenSuggittsflexfit

« Reply #81 on: February 05, 2021, 06:38:02 PM »
Got a 9" creature stumps on sale. Pretty much a football, pointy kicks/medium steep concave. It's responsive, it reminds me of a 90s football shape but upgraded. Good shit. I was running ace 55s on it.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #82 on: February 05, 2021, 09:59:20 PM »
Was just scrolling Instagram and saw this one

10 x 31.25 with 14.25 wheelbase

https://www.instagram.com/p/CK7Fe5dlXkW/

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 566
« Reply #83 on: February 05, 2021, 11:43:07 PM »
Interesting....i always felt i had a hard time getting any pop on indys with small wheelbase...maybe its also because i tend to get decks with longer tails

I tried riding a 14wb with indys and found that you have to completely change your foot position for tricks. I have to put my foot super far back to get any pop. My sweet spot is a 14.38 wb. I can make it work with Ace, Indy, Tensor, and Thunder. If I skate a big deck with short wb I almost always need ventures.

dime a dozen trend skater

• Rep: 6
« Reply #84 on: February 06, 2021, 01:05:09 AM »
Not skating anything too crazy right now but I’m on a hockey 8.5 (14.25 WB) with some ace 44s. Whenever Alex decides to put one in a drop I want to try a 917, their 8.5s are usually a 14.19 wheelbase, seems like it would be fun.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 872
« Reply #85 on: February 06, 2021, 02:37:36 AM »
They're really hard to find at the moment and not too wide but Doom Sayers has an 8.4 x 31.5 14wb shape that i really like. It's somewhat mellow for a bbs deck but still fairly steep so I tend to use mine more for commuting and bombing hills but it's one of the only >8.25 boards I've ever been able to somewhat consistently tre flip.

Also I'm sure it's been mentioned but Pennswood decks are almost always 14" wb. I have an 8.75 scumco logo deck that I bought because it was black and yellow and it's always weird to skate it. It's like driving a hummer body on a miata frame or something

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #86 on: February 06, 2021, 04:31:33 AM »
They're really hard to find at the moment and not too wide but Doom Sayers has an 8.4 x 31.5 14wb shape that i really like. It's somewhat mellow for a bbs deck but still fairly steep so I tend to use mine more for commuting and bombing hills but it's one of the only >8.25 boards I've ever been able to somewhat consistently tre flip.

Also I'm sure it's been mentioned but Pennswood decks are almost always 14" wb. I have an 8.75 scumco logo deck that I bought because it was black and yellow and it's always weird to skate it. It's like driving a hummer body on a miata frame or something
scared that those dims might be out of production soon. saw they switched over to ps stix. dmed them asking if the dimensions would stay the same but never got an answer back

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #87 on: February 06, 2021, 04:38:03 AM »
They're really hard to find at the moment and not too wide but Doom Sayers has an 8.4 x 31.5 14wb shape that i really like. It's somewhat mellow for a bbs deck but still fairly steep so I tend to use mine more for commuting and bombing hills but it's one of the only >8.25 boards I've ever been able to somewhat consistently tre flip
is that the shovel nose model I mentioned maybe on the last page? there's few in their new drop, thought the wheelbase was 14.25 though...

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

kimura

• Rep: 15
« Reply #88 on: February 06, 2021, 04:56:17 AM »
Can’t leave the Heroin Mutant/Dead Dave out of this discussion

Fhk

« Reply #89 on: February 06, 2021, 05:08:26 AM »
Thats rad ^ I skate Ventures most of the time so I consider 14.375 a long wb. Well maybe not long by anyone else's standards.. but its definitely the longest wb I can get along with.