Author Topic: New royal trucks  (Read 69528 times)

LebowskisRug

Re: New royal trucks
« Reply #630 on: June 14, 2022, 09:57:28 AM »
Could also just have needed wheels and the warehouse was right there.

IpathCats

« Reply #631 on: June 14, 2022, 10:01:50 AM »

that is in fact, another possibility.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1093
« Reply #632 on: June 14, 2022, 10:39:31 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

lol yeah, we are probably overthinking this
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

IpathCats

« Reply #633 on: June 14, 2022, 12:02:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

lol yeah, we are probably overthinking this

Overthinking? Us? Here? In the "Shoes and Gear" section? ........we would never do that.

Murge

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #634 on: June 14, 2022, 12:18:29 PM »
Good for Zach. I thought he was on spit. It looks good for Royal to put bit crail dudes on. Especially if there’s some not fully on dudes from thunder it would be easy transition for them if they got swooped up by Royal.

This has nothing to do with Royal. Or anything just a tangent. But Zach should make a push to be on bones now before a possible take off happens after the new wheels drop. Plus bones can revamp their team. Get rid of the kooks like hart and brezinski. Ryan Reyes and jaws are cool but are they dont really producing anything. Get Zach and some other not officially on spitfire dudes and revamp it for the new crust wheel formula with some more core kinda dudes
« Last Edit: June 14, 2022, 02:02:53 PM by Murge »

Jonny7.5Alive

• Rep: 87
« Reply #635 on: June 14, 2022, 12:29:54 PM »
Sick

Love and the new Royal

Ronnie Rodriguez

« Reply #636 on: June 14, 2022, 12:30:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

They’re getting non Crail riders on.
[close]

I like this. It's not the same as getting the boss on 4* but I do like the idea of getting dudes outside of rail.
[close]

aside from Jerry Hsu, Daniel Espinoza, and Nico Hiraga, have there been non Crail dudes on Royal? i'm blanking on others (if any)
[close]

Ave, Wes, Molinar, Dgar. I’m sure there’s more, but those hitters spring to mind. Tbf ave wasn’t skating a bunch at that time, but the other 3, and Jerry, all had some of their best stuff on royals.

I've avoided this thread since page 2 but being reminded that Molinar and DGar used to skate Royals is triggering some serious madness.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #637 on: June 14, 2022, 01:36:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

I like this. It's not the same as getting the boss on 4* but I do like the idea of getting dudes outside of rail.
[close]

aside from Jerry Hsu, Daniel Espinoza, and Nico Hiraga, have there been non Crail dudes on Royal? i'm blanking on others (if any)
[close]

Ave, Wes, Molinar, Dgar. I’m sure there’s more, but those hitters spring to mind. Tbf ave wasn’t skating a bunch at that time, but the other 3, and Jerry, all had some of their best stuff on royals.
[close]

I've avoided this thread since page 2 but being reminded that Molinar and DGar used to skate Royals is triggering some serious madness.

Some of the best skating, ever, imo. Dunno how big the boards were, dunno if they were on lows, or what, I hope I don’t know. That shared part of them!? Oooof

Doosh215

• Rep: 61
« Reply #638 on: June 14, 2022, 02:55:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Just off the top of my head Austyn Gillette, Kerry Getz, Wes Kremer, Daryl Angel, Jose Rojo, Miles Silvas (he was on Lakai at the time so not sure if that counts). Skate Mental was also through crail for a little while so not sure if you'd count Daryl Angel either actually.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 996
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #639 on: June 14, 2022, 04:14:30 PM »
It's a start! Best thing they can do is start flowing (check out the recent damnAm, lots of royals on the course) and hooking up pros with no truck sponsors.

Even with the madness I can't stay off them. Riding the Ultra lights now (I'm over the IKP fiasco), the weight and materials used aren't worth it.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2022, 08:03:16 PM by Xen »

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1933
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #640 on: June 14, 2022, 06:10:32 PM »
It's a start! Best thing they can do is start flowing (check out the recent damnAm, lots of royals on the course) and hooking up pros with no truck sponsors.

Even with the madness I can't stay off them. Riding the Ultra lights now (I'm over the IKP fiasco), the weight and materials uses aren't worth it.

Their marketing strategy - approach anyone on B-tier truck companies like Destructo and Tensor
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 577
« Reply #641 on: June 14, 2022, 09:58:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Just off the top of my head Austyn Gillette, Kerry Getz, Wes Kremer, Daryl Angel, Jose Rojo, Miles Silvas (he was on Lakai at the time so not sure if that counts). Skate Mental was also through crail for a little while so not sure if you'd count Daryl Angel either actually.

Can't believe I forgot Wes and DGar! Had no clue about the rest tbh kinda weird to see AVE on the list. I always thought he went from Venture to Indy. I didn't have enough friends to skate with when I was young and only started digging deep into gear as an adult, so finding out about old sponsors gets me hyped.

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 577
« Reply #642 on: June 14, 2022, 10:03:44 PM »
Another random one I had no clue about

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 727
« Reply #643 on: June 15, 2022, 08:37:11 AM »

What in the world did I just watch? 

Ok

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #644 on: June 15, 2022, 08:54:43 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Anti-endorsement

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #645 on: June 15, 2022, 10:28:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Anti-endorsement

Lol g'nard

IpathCats

« Reply #646 on: June 15, 2022, 10:36:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Anti-endorsement

Spot on. that literally unstoked me.

Jonny7.5Alive

« Reply #647 on: June 16, 2022, 05:50:24 AM »
Anyone skate these on Primitive decks? Specifically the 8.125?

139s working so well for me on hockey 8 but want a change.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #648 on: June 16, 2022, 09:29:50 AM »

Funny you should ask! I was skating 144s on an 8.125 (14"WB) primitive (Hamilton), they felt great (currently on an Uma with them due to wanting to try a much shorter tail); thing with primitive decks, even with a short WB, they don't feel cramped to me like every other short WB deck does, it's so weird. YMMV.

Jonny7.5Alive

« Reply #649 on: June 16, 2022, 10:45:24 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Funny you should ask! I was skating 144s on an 8.125 (14"WB) primitive (Hamilton), they felt great (currently on an Uma with them due to wanting to try a much shorter tail); thing with primitive decks, even with a short WB, they don't feel cramped to me like every other short WB deck does, it's so weird. YMMV.

Thanks a mil I'm gonna go for it payday

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #650 on: June 16, 2022, 02:54:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Thanks a mil I'm gonna go for it payday

8" Hockey have short WB so you should be fine.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Get bent
« Reply #651 on: June 18, 2022, 08:06:54 PM »
Okay, I am a loyal venture rider…but I’ve read this thread and I’m curious. I may get a set to try out
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

LebowskisRug

« Reply #652 on: June 21, 2022, 09:25:08 PM »
https://crailstore.com/products/w43-d1-royal-the-royal-gass-pro-truck Looking at these- are the forged and ultra light versions lower? I don't want a lower truck.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #653 on: June 21, 2022, 09:34:41 PM »
All Royals are labeled as 'Standard'

My Ultralights are the same height as my IKP.

https://crailstore.com/products/w43-d1-royal-the-royal-gass-pro-truck Looking at these- are the forged and ultra light versions lower? I don't want a lower truck.

Yah I have Indy's, Thunders, and had these. I like em all, all solid trucks. At the end of the day I like Indy the best and Thunder second. I think the Royals were good, but I didn't need the 2 brand characteristics mixed if that makes sense. From a geometry perspective the pop feel felt a bit too light for me so I went with what felt the best. Maybe in the future I would try em again.

So what if they were lower/what do you care? You don't ride them anyway.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 09:52:09 PM by Xen »

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1933
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #654 on: June 21, 2022, 11:24:45 PM »

Expand Quote
[close]

Same baseplate across all 3 models, only difference is the kingpin (standard, standard hollow, IKP) and axle (standard, hollow).

Went back on these after trying out the AF1 Lows and the Royals definitely suit me better. Minimal adjustment to my foot placement, light enough and stable enough. Such a good middle-of-the-road truck to deal with the madness. Someone said they feel like a lighter Indy Mid.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Jonny7.5Alive

« Reply #655 on: June 22, 2022, 03:19:59 AM »
Okay, I am a loyal venture rider…but I’ve read this thread and I’m curious. I may get a set to try out

I've been a venture guy my whole life and I'm on Royals now and I love them.

Pretty similar to venture but with more turn

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #656 on: June 22, 2022, 10:14:19 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

Same baseplate across all 3 models, only difference is the kingpin (standard, standard hollow, IKP) and axle (standard, hollow).

Went back on these after trying out the AF1 Lows and the Royals definitely suit me better. Minimal adjustment to my foot placement, light enough and stable enough. Such a good middle-of-the-road truck to deal with the madness. Someone said they feel like a lighter Indy Mid.

Tried the AF1 Lows and the forged hollow Indy Mids, the forged indy mids are very very nice if you want a lower indy, The thing about the royals (and I keep saying this...and ben d. mentioned it as well), but you get a thindy, the best of both...but the turnier venture is also on point.

After riding the IKP, I am def in the ultra ight camp now.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #657 on: June 22, 2022, 10:14:22 AM »

Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
Yah I have Indy's, Thunders, and had these. I like em all, all solid trucks. At the end of the day I like Indy the best and Thunder second. I think the Royals were good, but I didn't need the 2 brand characteristics mixed if that makes sense. From a geometry perspective the pop feel felt a bit too light for me so I went with what felt the best. Maybe in the future I would try em again.
[close]

Last sentence buddy- my friend and I are going to give em an honest shot. I was pretty deep in madness at the time, but have been on the same few setups for months so it will be a much better comparison this time.

Tactics had the forged versions listed at different heights and I didn't want a 48mm truck coming off a 55....

LebowskisRug

« Reply #658 on: June 22, 2022, 01:09:45 PM »
I purchased the Griffin Gass 144's as he apparently gets good % on those, will report back soon.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #659 on: June 22, 2022, 02:08:53 PM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Last sentence buddy- my friend and I are going to give em an honest shot. I was pretty deep in madness at the time, but have been on the same few setups for months so it will be a much better comparison this time.

Tactics had the forged versions listed at different heights and I didn't want a 48mm truck coming off a 55....

You should know by know you can't trust any e-tailer (let alone Tactics)

Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Except that's not what your last sentence said implied at all?
"Maybe in the future I would try em again." =/= "my friend and I are going to give em an honest shot."

You know how this forum works, you put up or get shot down. Anyway, after your diatribes against these trucks I'm guessing no one really gives a fuck what you think of them at this point. You hated on them so much before [they were even out] trying (and then changed your tune after riding them), why are you even bothering?

Seriously, let the madness go and just stick to what you like: Mindy/Indies.

You've already tried them and said yourself you don't need a truck that blends two brands together...the lighter version(s) won't change that. But, whatever, buy some so royal gets your money. I hope you hate them =)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 02:16:28 PM by Xen »