Author Topic: Flora Episode 3 - Mark Suciu  (Read 21258 times)

BugleBites

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -68
Re: Flora Episode 3 - Mark Suciu
« Reply #270 on: December 04, 2021, 08:55:03 PM »
Expand Quote
No 5 stair rail is safe
[close]

holy shit   ;D ;D

I know it's tongue in cheek, but I'll take an interesting or hard trick on a 5/6 stair rail over another smith/5050/feeble/lipslide down a giant rail any day. I'd be just fine with never seeing someone do a basic trick on a gnarly handrail ever again.

Murdercapital

• Rep: -22
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #271 on: December 04, 2021, 09:32:10 PM »
for how exciting a lot of the rare/NBD handrail tricks were I was distracted by the filming.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 653
« Reply #272 on: December 04, 2021, 09:37:03 PM »
This video felt like watching 50 possible variations of Guy Mariano's ender in Pretty Sweet, back to back
I was actually thinking the same thing last night too!

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 187
« Reply #273 on: December 05, 2021, 12:55:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
No 5 stair rail is safe
[close]

holy shit   ;D ;D
[close]

I know it's tongue in cheek, but I'll take an interesting or hard trick on a 5/6 stair rail over another smith/5050/feeble/lipslide down a giant rail any day. I'd be just fine with never seeing someone do a basic trick on a gnarly handrail ever again.

It reminded me of Mark Johnson‘s rail destruction in Seven Steps to Heaven, blew my mind. It took years until people would do those tricks on bigger rails. The same applies to Mariano‘s Switch rail tricks in Mouse.

Different times now of course, so I suppose it won’t be long until Horigome, Shirai et al take Suciu‘s NBDs to a 8-10 stair rail in some California Skateparks training facility, but he paved the way (yet again).
« Last Edit: December 05, 2021, 01:06:21 AM by listentoaheartbeat »

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 249
« Reply #274 on: December 05, 2021, 03:00:52 AM »
Suciu already had 3 years where he probably should have won (2013, 2014, 2019). One, Ishod just killed everything in 2013, and another year they didn't give it to him cuz he was still AM (Cross Continental year), so I don't blame him for playing this bullshit game if that's what it takes. What he just dropped here was fucked.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -749
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #275 on: December 05, 2021, 05:00:57 AM »
Give soty to this pseudo intelectual...nerd, Im Marc Jonhson fan, see this dude doing the same thing with generic style is hard to me.

Tiago insta posts should win soty.

enrgydrnkr

• Rep: 25
« Reply #276 on: December 05, 2021, 07:14:21 AM »
Watching the part for the 3rd or 4th time, it gets better on each viewing. The same thing happened to me with Verso, which I didn't really like at first

I just realized that Justin Albert is basically a career filmer whose primary job is filming one dude. It's not even like he is appointed to film a team; Mark skates so damn much that it's a full time job keeping up with him.
Albert filmed clips in each of the 4 parts and filmed the entirety of Blue Dog and Flora. Ridiculous productivity.

I also like this objectively large switch flip snuck in there right before the handrail massacre.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -749
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #277 on: December 05, 2021, 08:52:30 AM »
I wonder how a intelectual guy who read the best books and seems like a cool guy, would want win this shit so fuckin hard.

Sartre won the Nobel Prize in Literature he just ignored it.

Do the same, Mark.

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -626
  • who knows
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #278 on: December 05, 2021, 10:05:34 AM »
do people not realize he's just skating his ass off and not editing and releasing them all by himself?   '

this dude isnt in some lair plotting his "run for SOTY"

SLAP:  SOTY is the only thing that matters but you cant TRY to get it so you have to simultaneously worry about not trying too hard and making sure you get enough "yips" and "yeoowws" from 70 IQ individuals drinking tecate at 10am
where is home?

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1955
« Reply #279 on: December 05, 2021, 10:09:11 AM »
for how exciting a lot of the rare/NBD handrail tricks were I was distracted by the filming.

oh come the fuck on

LebowskisRug

« Reply #280 on: December 05, 2021, 10:40:19 AM »
It got a bit too hectic for my feeble brain to make sense of things, but minus his college years Mark has always been super productive and now he’s just very stoked on skating again. His Instagram stories for a single year are more footage than most of the FA team has put out in their entire career and lots of it could be in actual parts.

frontfootimpossible

• Rep: -25
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #281 on: December 05, 2021, 12:34:03 PM »
will say its crazy there was no trailer/ hype for this and thrasher just posted to insta on this 2 hr ago with a super dull caption after the part being out for 2 days.. tony vitello may not be phelps, but he may not be a sushi fan.

Idk who else would get soty this year tho tbh...
Quote from: Slap MessageBoards
frontfootimpossible,

You have received a warning for posting offensive material. Please cease these activities and abide by the forum rules otherwise we will take further action.

Regards,
The Slap MessageBoards Team.

dannyprovolone

« Reply #282 on: December 05, 2021, 01:15:11 PM »
will say its crazy there was no trailer/ hype for this and thrasher just posted to insta on this 2 hr ago with a super dull caption after the part being out for 2 days.. tony vitello may not be phelps, but he may not be a sushi fan.

Idk who else would get soty this year tho tbh...

Cariuma skateboard ledgend Mike V

c-dock

• Rep: 16
  • Lurker
« Reply #283 on: December 05, 2021, 01:41:53 PM »
It got a bit too hectic for my feeble brain to make sense of things, but minus his college years Mark has always been super productive and now he’s just very stoked on skating again. His Instagram stories for a single year are more footage than most of the FA team has put out in their entire career and lots of it could be in actual parts.

chihuahuadad2000

• Rep: 23
« Reply #284 on: December 05, 2021, 02:28:03 PM »
A lot of those rails weren't very small at all. I know I wouldn't be hitting most of those for a basic trick let alone some of the back-benders in this part. The backsmith front 180 out was on a longer rail.. anyways, fuck ya'll for hating on someone for wanting an achievement. This trophy has somehow become to be most respected award a skater can get. Like Silas said in his interview, this award can actually lengthen your career and cement you as one of the best of all time. If I had a shot at getting it - fuck yeah I'd try to get that shit and you probably would too.

chihuahuadad2000

• Rep: 23
« Reply #285 on: December 05, 2021, 02:38:14 PM »
Nice, bring on the kooks! thank you!

nukethewhales

• Rep: 1
« Reply #286 on: December 05, 2021, 03:50:50 PM »

skunty

• Rep: 75
« Reply #287 on: December 06, 2021, 07:43:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Holy fuck lmao it will take a while to process that last section. I’ve always wanted to see that fakie switch Hurricane come out switch thingy
[close]

Part was unbelievable. That said, did wanna point out that Van Vark did that one already.. But such a sick looking trick
http://youtu.be/2oxZrqXIsJc?t=435
[close]

I think Thrasher wrote up a little 2 page spread in a magazine because they both did this trick around the same time and got sequences of them too.
[close]

That trick has been on my mind all year. I bought a TVV deck earlier this year cuz of that part. Do you know what issue that’s in? I conceptualize the trick as a fakie grapefruit grind. Been doing it in my skate video games.
[close]

Here is the Thrasher article on it. Pretty rad that they didn't bother trying to figure out who did it first, just that they did the same NBD at around the same time.

thanks G... gotta see if I didn't lose that issue already that was like almost a year ago

muntcuscle

• Rep: 44
« Reply #288 on: December 07, 2021, 12:23:17 AM »
he's so talented and obviously deserves SOTY. Plus he clearly wants it really badly at his point, just give it to the guy. But i still don't like him and don't rewatch his parts, and I have no good reason. I just don't like him and his skating makes me feel nothing

Tenterhooks

• Rep: 112
  • I love you x
    • http://davidgalletly.com avatar image
« Reply #289 on: December 07, 2021, 01:54:36 AM »
I think he had a breakup this year and I keep wondering if that explains his productivity.
"Was I a hero? Maybe to Hero, I was a hero." - Doug Brown

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 714
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #290 on: December 07, 2021, 02:46:16 AM »
I think he had a breakup this year and I keep wondering if that explains his productivity.

I think this nerd never had sex in his life, celibacy is the only thing that could explain the crazy board skills.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 182
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #291 on: December 07, 2021, 03:10:55 AM »
do people not realize he's just skating his ass off and not editing and releasing them all by himself?   '

this dude isnt in some lair plotting his "run for SOTY"

SLAP:  SOTY is the only thing that matters but you cant TRY to get it so you have to simultaneously worry about not trying too hard and making sure you get enough "yips" and "yeoowws" from 70 IQ individuals drinking tecate at 10am

Yup, SOTY would make his sponsors happy and make him a better employee which means more money and security in the end.
check my music

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 187
« Reply #292 on: December 07, 2021, 03:49:45 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think this nerd never had sex in his life, celibacy is the only thing that could explain the crazy board skills.

So celibacy ended his relationship?

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #293 on: December 07, 2021, 04:17:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yes, Mark's girl wasn't down with the sex after marriage shit.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 408
« Reply #294 on: December 07, 2021, 04:58:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I can confirm celibacy doesn't improve your board skills.

At all.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #295 on: December 07, 2021, 05:24:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I can confirm celibacy doesn't improve your board skills.

At all.

So you mean that all this sacrifice I've been through is not working at all? 

My life is a lie... :'(

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 670
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #296 on: December 07, 2021, 05:59:36 AM »
Expand Quote
We’ll damn. That had about 10 ticks I have never seen before  and they were Done On rails.

While  this batch of parts individually have been less Composed than verso , if you look at them together they all bring  different things  to be table , and make 1 sipercompsed mega part. He may have out verso’d himself.
[close]

Can someone list down the tricks in mini verso montage ender, i would but im at work i would have a seizure if i tried doing both

https://suciu-verso.com/

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 182
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #297 on: December 07, 2021, 06:22:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
We’ll damn. That had about 10 ticks I have never seen before  and they were Done On rails.

While  this batch of parts individually have been less Composed than verso , if you look at them together they all bring  different things  to be table , and make 1 sipercompsed mega part. He may have out verso’d himself.
[close]

Can someone list down the tricks in mini verso montage ender, i would but im at work i would have a seizure if i tried doing both
[close]

this website feels like 2008 internet (which is nice)
check my music

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 353
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #298 on: December 07, 2021, 07:33:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

aww, the reverse sheckler

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Shuh

• Rep: -1
« Reply #299 on: December 07, 2021, 07:39:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I meant to say the verso esque montage ender in flora III, he basically compressed the idea in the montage ender after the final titlecard.