Author Topic: Trendwatch 2022  (Read 43666 times)

jgonzalez

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 789
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
Re: Trendwatch 2022
« Reply #450 on: June 28, 2022, 09:33:53 PM »

Pearl swag
Looks like a character I’d make in EA skate

nothing's been the since same

Banned from the room

« Reply #451 on: June 28, 2022, 09:48:49 PM »
Do a kickflip! demands will lead to more near violent confrontations with non skaters i respond yell head spin requests at.

That definitely doesn’t read and I’m not hurting myself for free anymore 

truthislie

• Rep: 60
« Reply #452 on: July 03, 2022, 11:11:18 AM »
Flex fit hats and beanies without cuffed end.

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 550
« Reply #453 on: July 03, 2022, 11:50:54 AM »
90s nipplehead style or slouchy boy? I’m putting money on nippleheads.

truthislie

• Rep: 60
« Reply #454 on: July 03, 2022, 01:29:58 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Slouchy boy needs at least 10 more years (and wasnt that big in skating), ofc I was talking about good ol nippleheads :)

Pbn_jake

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #455 on: July 03, 2022, 01:51:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Did anybody say Punisher haircuts yet?
[close]

Like fades?
[close]
More like Davey “boy” Smith, or if taken to the other extreme, and viewed threw the historic lens of the past, Chadd Sinclair’s fregona roja.

Oh well yeah, homie has a fade with some goop in his hair. I initially thought punisher haircuts was coming from the show punisher, not the super corny brand.

TheLowerBack

• Rep: 174
  • GTU/FWD
« Reply #456 on: July 06, 2022, 12:45:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Slouchy boy needs at least 10 more years (and wasnt that big in skating), ofc I was talking about good ol nippleheads :)
Y’all referring to the floomp? Barely even on the back of the head like snowboarder bros in 2012ish?
I’ve been doing it around the house to upset my wife.

tonitonne

« Reply #457 on: July 06, 2022, 01:15:58 PM »
Creased pants and ironed shirts

Not A Damn Chance

• Rep: 100
  • Banned from Slam
« Reply #458 on: July 06, 2022, 01:46:27 PM »
Long videoparts again
I’ve been enjoying it

baulsacc_mcvinegar

• Rep: 2
« Reply #459 on: July 06, 2022, 07:24:44 PM »

Next year will be deodorant and maybe by 2024 we can start integrating into society

A Not At All Naughty Chemist

• Rep: 52
« Reply #460 on: July 07, 2022, 08:45:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
mullets
monk hair + dress up like a kung fu skate monk
[close]

About 10 years ago, there was a fully blown skateboarding monk who would be spotted regularly at parks around the city I live in.

He lived in a monastery about an hour out of town and would come to the city to skate - in his full length robe, which would sometimes get tangled around his shoes and shit.

He was a British guy, mid 30s, really nice dude and actually ripped. He had good three flips and pressure flips.

One time, my friend did a neat trick and the monk dude was so impressed, he gave him some kind of little religious medallion.

Couldn't find it just now, but the local newspaper wrote a story about him at the time.

Story goes that in his younger days, he was a sponsored skater in the UK. Then he found God and the rest is history.

I hope he's still skating.
[close]

This anecdote is sick. What shoes did he skate

How to reject material objects but still be into skate gear.

I’m seeking higher being.

https://www.reddit.com/r/skateboarding/comments/oya70z/skateboarding_buddhist_monk/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb3x
[close]

Did a little more sleuthing and managed to track down the story, but the photo seems to have been removed.

I did, however, manage to dig up this pic of him: https://imgur.com/a/PYxUkUj

His name is Gabriel Cortes and, according to the story, he was born in New Hampshire, USA. I'm sure he had a British accent though, so I'm guessing he grew up there.

Can't remember what shoes he skated, but there's a pretty good view of them in that photo. Can't make out what they are, but maybe someone else can.

I do remember that he always skated blank decks.

Here's the story (complete with mandatory cheesy headline): https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/heaven-is-a-half-pipe-for-friar-ng-ya-323828
[close]

Has his own company these days. Unsurprisingly rides a 7.5 on tensors. Nice guy but he can be a little preachy.

https://loveyourmotherboard.com/blogs/team-motherboards/br-gabriel-m-cortes
[close]

This is awesome. he's wearing accels
Also I can see praying before the session getting a new trend
hellride!

Vatican approved

i found this one, besides the 2011 style edit it's a cool vid. more tricks and he skates in the robes. On the insta it seems he pledges more allegiance to the cult of tom

tonitonne

« Reply #461 on: July 07, 2022, 09:01:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Next year will be deodorant and maybe by 2024 we can start integrating into society

This too, plus wrinkled baggy clothes look like shit

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
« Reply #462 on: July 07, 2022, 09:23:00 AM »
Dont understand all the small board hysteria on here lately. I never see a board bigger than 8.25 out anywhere, not at spots, barely any on the wall at Labor here, or in any of the drops "cool" companies I'd like to skate put out. Feel like boards have been shrinking for the last five years. Watching new videos you'd think the only options were 8 inch popsicles or huge throwback fishtails, with no inbetween. Tall guys, hesh guys, young, old, European plaza guys, west coast rail chompers, Canadians - tiny boards. 8.5 is dying
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

tonitonne

« Reply #463 on: July 07, 2022, 09:37:38 AM »
Dont understand all the small board hysteria on here lately. I never see a board bigger than 8.25 out anywhere, not at spots, barely any on the wall at Labor here, or in any of the drops "cool" companies I'd like to skate put out. Feel like boards have been shrinking for the last five years. Watching new videos you'd think the only options were 8 inch popsicles or huge throwback fishtails, with no inbetween. Tall guys, hesh guys, young, old, European plaza guys, west coast rail chompers, Canadians - tiny boards. 8.5 is dying

It just makes more sense to skate small boards honestly. I skated many shaped decks and popsicles 8.5" and up for many years after the mid 2000s and have recently went back down to 8"-8.25". Everything is naturally popped higher and takes way less effort, and in my experience I feel an 8.25 has that same easy fat catch as an 8.5" does. I only skate street though so there's that too.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 874
« Reply #464 on: July 07, 2022, 10:13:15 AM »
People are scared but you can skate an 8.5 with 8 inch trucks (or even smaller) and get the benefits of both worlds. Boards lighter and wants to flip faster but has a bit more room to land on.

dilbert1

• Rep: 142
« Reply #465 on: July 07, 2022, 10:25:15 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It just makes more sense to skate small boards honestly. I skated many shaped decks and popsicles 8.5" and up for many years after the mid 2000s and have recently went back down to 8"-8.25". Everything is naturally popped higher and takes way less effort, and in my experience I feel an 8.25 has that same easy fat catch as an 8.5" does. I only skate street though so there's that too.

Is 8.25 w/ 149s considered “small” now?

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
« Reply #466 on: July 07, 2022, 10:35:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

8.25” 8.125” and 8” all get me discriminating jabs at the skatepark like “is this a child’s board?” “You skating a tech deck?” “Your small board is inadequate”

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1128
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #467 on: July 07, 2022, 12:30:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

8.25” 8.125” and 8” all get me discriminating jabs at the skatepark like “is this a child’s board?” “You skating a tech deck?” “Your small board is inadequate”

Do you want me to ring these guys up and give em whatfor?
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

dilbert1

• Rep: 142
« Reply #468 on: July 07, 2022, 12:31:01 PM »
“Your small board is inadequate”

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
« Reply #469 on: July 07, 2022, 12:50:09 PM »
Expand Quote
“Your small board is inadequate”
[close]

We must protect Cas at all costs
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

WavyDavy

• Rep: 128
« Reply #470 on: July 07, 2022, 02:40:26 PM »
Fakie varial heels

EagleassMF

• Rep: 11
« Reply #471 on: July 07, 2022, 05:21:37 PM »

No idea where you’re seeing that other than aging slap guys who need to lighten their load. 8.25 - 8.5 is still by far the most common range.

Pros who were on 8s bumped it up to 8.25 (Suciu, Ribeiro, P Rod, Malto)

Plenty of tech street guys rocking 8.5 these days. (Dilo, Knox, Max Palmer)

skatebruh

• Rep: 32
« Reply #472 on: July 07, 2022, 05:34:24 PM »
People are scared but you can skate an 8.5 with 8 inch trucks (or even smaller) and get the benefits of both worlds. Boards lighter and wants to flip faster but has a bit more room to land on.

Both Ishod and Reynolds ride 8" trucks on wider boards. It makes everything easier.

Also you can go to the shop and pick out any deck from 8 to 8.5 based on graphic, concave, wheelbase, or anything else other than the deck width. So many options...

warmonke

• Rep: 43
« Reply #473 on: July 09, 2022, 06:14:19 AM »

theoriginalgoon

• Rep: -69
  • eight equals d
« Reply #474 on: July 09, 2022, 10:14:11 AM »
Tight pants with button down shirt and tie
Me: I found skate Jesus.

Slap: Yeah, well maybe if he does the crucifix switch I will believe it.

JRF

• Rep: 145
« Reply #475 on: July 09, 2022, 10:54:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I use to rock 159 indys on a 7.4 wide board. It looked goofy but I loved that set combo.
//////////

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 616
« Reply #476 on: July 10, 2022, 01:23:38 PM »
When someone lands a trick, all the homies skate away in different directions.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

djoekr

• Rep: 324
« Reply #477 on: July 10, 2022, 01:29:25 PM »
The casual shrug after a trick seems to be becoming a thing.
Skateboarding is a joke
And if you think otherwise
you're fucked in the head

It's not that serious -
Go fast, catch a frontside
And remember why you love it

YungJugg

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 229
« Reply #478 on: July 11, 2022, 01:09:25 PM »
been a couple year buildup but the graff inspired shirts/graphics. feel like every brand has a god damn throwie logo T right now.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #479 on: July 11, 2022, 01:31:07 PM »
been a couple year buildup but the graff inspired shirts/graphics. feel like every brand has a god damn throwie logo T right now.

and they’re all bad throwups. all of them.