Author Topic: questions that don't deserve their own thread  (Read 216555 times)

Pasta Monster

Re: questions that don't deserve their own thread
« Reply #2640 on: February 22, 2023, 11:17:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The berrics sale gear sections actually has some deals

Adidas lucas, and various vans skate classics for $25 in a bunch of sizes. 15% coupon for signing up for the mailing list.

https://canteen.theberrics.com/collections/sale/Sale?filter.v.price.gte=&filter.v.price.lte=&sort_by=price-ascending
[close]
Those are good deals. May need those white and gum lucas’
[close]

Last time I picked up a pair of those colorways on sale ($30) I flipped them 4mo later for $250 =D

Still sitting on a pair of NIB Mens 10....patiently waiting
I looked them up and they’re going for $2400 on GOAT. Is there any reason why? I don’t get the shoe-resale market and didn’t know people liked them like that. The only reason I used to skate them is because I got them cheap off of clearance racks 3-4 years ago.

(They sold out by the time I figured out how much they go for and attempted to add some to my cart.)

FunnyBunny

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #2641 on: February 22, 2023, 06:27:38 PM »
Will ace bushings fit in venture trucks??  The reason I am asking is I heard venture stock bushings turn very hard in the cold, and in my experience aces dont, and I have a set of stock and hard ace bushings. Figure I could get one of them to work to my liking

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #2642 on: February 22, 2023, 06:49:35 PM »
Will ace bushings fit in venture trucks??  The reason I am asking is I heard venture stock bushings turn very hard in the cold, and in my experience aces dont, and I have a set of stock and hard ace bushings. Figure I could get one of them to work to my liking

bottom one fits perfect, top one is a bit tall for ventures, could shave them down or get the low top bushings

Tom Pearl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #2643 on: February 22, 2023, 07:01:52 PM »
why didn't alex chalmers get a 20th anniversary sorry reissue

hiljentaa

• Rep: 318
« Reply #2644 on: February 23, 2023, 12:10:02 AM »

I've been breaking in a new set of 5.8s in 30° to 40° temperatures for a couple months and they turn absolutely fine. I can lean all the way to wheelbite easily. Stock bushings and a flat top washer.

linty

• Rep: 37
« Reply #2645 on: February 23, 2023, 02:58:56 AM »
Bought new 78D wheels for filming. What the fuck is up with the ridges? It's my first set of Satoris.

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2646 on: February 23, 2023, 03:02:52 AM »
thats pretty normal itll even out you wont notice it

linty

• Rep: 37
« Reply #2647 on: February 23, 2023, 03:16:15 AM »
thats pretty normal itll even out you wont notice it
Good to know! I must've had wheels with similar ridges before but the size of these got me shook.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #2648 on: February 26, 2023, 10:49:47 AM »
Does anyone know the dimensions on Atlantic drift decks? I’m most curious about the 8.5 and the 8.38. Not sure why they have no dimensions listed other than width

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2254
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #2649 on: February 26, 2023, 12:15:09 PM »
Does anyone know the dimensions on Atlantic drift decks? I’m most curious about the 8.5 and the 8.38. Not sure why they have no dimensions listed other than width
I don’t know.
And being little more than an empty vessel that longs for somebody to come along and fill me with humanity one day, I can’t help you.
But if I were actually a fully realized man I would probably have some idea of what to do & it would likely begin w/ deciding on my preferred size(s), formulating a specific question around that info, then something involving DMs on Insta.
Alas though, I am but a hollow shell masquerading as a skateboarder on a message board & as such, can proffer little more than this meager advice.
Best of luck on your quest for knowledge, intrepid shredder.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

maggotspawn

• Rep: 4
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2650 on: February 26, 2023, 12:23:41 PM »
How are the 97A F4's compared to the Powell Dragons?

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2651 on: February 26, 2023, 03:13:12 PM »
How are the 97A F4's compared to the Powell Dragons?

97 f4s just feel like a softer 99 f4, but still skate and feel like a hard wheel imo. Will drag a bit more on grinds than 99 f4s.

Powell dragons, if you're coming from say a 99 f4, will feel kinda like gummy bouncy cruiser wheels. A lot softer and smoother than 97 f4s. Will drag much more on grinds than 97 f4s, and also pitch you harder if you wheelbite. But somehow they powerslide and can skate like a hard wheel if you ignore those things. For some those drawbacks aren't too noticeable depending on what you like to skate.

The grind drag on some things like concrete ledges isn't bad at all. Its a lot more noticeable on metal coping imo.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2023, 03:21:20 PM by tzhangdox »

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 208
« Reply #2652 on: February 27, 2023, 12:54:25 AM »
Is Nik Stain as tall irl as he looks on video?

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #2653 on: February 27, 2023, 05:41:55 AM »
Is there a chart somewhere for bones and spitfire wheel weights? Can't find much info. Just going through some madness since switching from 147 Hollow Lights to Royal standards and I much prefer the turn on Royals but the shift to a heavier truck has thrown me off so I'm wondering if a shift to smaller/lighter wheels would help that a bit

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 624
« Reply #2654 on: February 27, 2023, 06:02:48 AM »
Is there a chart somewhere for bones and spitfire wheel weights? Can't find much info. Just going through some madness since switching from 147 Hollow Lights to Royal standards and I much prefer the turn on Royals but the shift to a heavier truck has thrown me off so I'm wondering if a shift to smaller/lighter wheels would help that a bit
Are you sure it's the truck weight? Did anything else change? Because the pop on my standard royals felt even lighter than on thunder titaniums, because of the short wheelbase. I struggled because everything felt too light with royals.

It's probably the height. You're going from 49mm to 52mm trucks... small wheels maybe?

LebowskisRug

« Reply #2655 on: February 27, 2023, 07:02:35 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Are you sure it's the truck weight? Did anything else change? Because the pop on my standard royals felt even lighter than on thunder titaniums, because of the short wheelbase. I struggled because everything felt too light with royals.

It's probably the height. You're going from 49mm to 52mm trucks... small wheels maybe?

I once weighed some new 52 tablets and a set of 53 conical an and the difference was like 2 grams per wheel, which you won't notice.

It's likely because you went from a 49mm truck to 53mm and the truck is heavier.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #2656 on: February 27, 2023, 12:14:25 PM »
How much width do the OJ Super Juice Minis (55mm) add to the truck axle? With the 60mm OJ Super Juices I got 0.35" with Aces. Wondering if the Minis are the same.

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2657 on: February 27, 2023, 12:17:13 PM »
How are the Powell shapes? I know they have a pointy nose board but im curious about 243 shape. It says it a full nose but what is full for them?

Richard Skidder

• Rep: 470
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2658 on: February 27, 2023, 01:52:21 PM »
How are the Powell shapes? I know they have a pointy nose board but im curious about 243 shape. It says it a full nose but what is full for them?

“Full” for Powell is round. Nose and tail feel really short to me. I’ve never measured. Concave feels deep.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1383
« Reply #2659 on: February 27, 2023, 03:04:29 PM »
Got a question about Dwindle boards - so R7 boards are being praised and I'm wondering if their Super Sap boards are the same thing, just with more sustainable glue. Is that true, is it the same overall experience either way?

Slugboi22

• Rep: 69
« Reply #2660 on: February 27, 2023, 03:39:30 PM »
Got a question about Dwindle boards - so R7 boards are being praised and I'm wondering if their Super Sap boards are the same thing, just with more sustainable glue. Is that true, is it the same overall experience either way?
I just got the 9.5 Louie shape from enjoi and it’s an R7 Supersap. I’ve had the thaynan shape and that was R7 (non super sap) and they do feel the same, at least to me! I’d say go for it if you’re interested, R7 is good stuff!

cheekclapper

• Rep: 10
« Reply #2661 on: February 27, 2023, 04:22:30 PM »
Does anyone know what each bushing affects? Like what does the bottom bushing do vs what the top bushings does? I have stock indy bushings and blue aftermarket indy bushings and I want a middle ground in between them and was wondering what mixing them would do.
I’m just trying to offer a differnt perspective I mean do we really need another 8.25-8.75 hipster shitty brand with shit half assed graphics
yes, yes we do

jimgrude

• Rep: 69
« Reply #2662 on: February 27, 2023, 10:28:36 PM »
Does anyone know what each bushing affects? Like what does the bottom bushing do vs what the top bushings does? I have stock indy bushings and blue aftermarket indy bushings and I want a middle ground in between them and was wondering what mixing them would do.

The bottom bushing dictates how your turn feels, how much resistance there is and how far you can lean. The top one affects responsiveness, snap-back and stability. Most skaters who mix and match will go for a softer bottom for the best turn, then a harder top to reel the looseness back in. Ace's come like this stock.

I'd go with stock bottom and the blue 92a on top for street, flat, as well as transition. The opposite setup is really only good if you wanna cruise and be in complete control of the turn.

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 649
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #2663 on: February 28, 2023, 07:29:51 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The bottom bushing dictates how your turn feels, how much resistance there is and how far you can lean. The top one affects responsiveness, snap-back and stability. Most skaters who mix and match will go for a softer bottom for the best turn, then a harder top to reel the looseness back in. Ace's come like this stock.

I'd go with stock bottom and the blue 92a on top for street, flat, as well as transition. The opposite setup is really only good if you wanna cruise and be in complete control of the turn.

seeing my bushings starting to crack, i need to tinker with a slightly harder top and a slightly softer bottom

Madam, I'm Adam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1383
« Reply #2664 on: February 28, 2023, 12:14:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I just got the 9.5 Louie shape from enjoi and it’s an R7 Supersap. I’ve had the thaynan shape and that was R7 (non super sap) and they do feel the same, at least to me! I’d say go for it if you’re interested, R7 is good stuff!

I saw an Almost R7 on sale so I had to cop. My friends are roasting the fuck out of me haha

IpathCats

« Reply #2665 on: February 28, 2023, 12:18:58 PM »

I've wondered this myself. I'm 6' 4" and i feel like every time i see a dude IRL that looks tall in a video, he's shorter than i am. Sometimes by a few inches or more.

I totally expected reynolds to be towering over me, but he was the same height when i met him around 18-19 years old.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1116
« Reply #2666 on: February 28, 2023, 03:48:23 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I've wondered this myself. I'm 6' 4" and i feel like every time i see a dude IRL that looks tall in a video, he's shorter than i am. Sometimes by a few inches or more.

I totally expected reynolds to be towering over me, but he was the same height when i met him around 18-19 years old.

Skaters are short. It’s easier for short people.

How tall is Gino?

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 866
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #2667 on: February 28, 2023, 03:51:47 PM »
like 5’7
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1966
« Reply #2668 on: February 28, 2023, 05:33:36 PM »
How long does it take new Swiss bearings to make a sound?

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1974
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2669 on: February 28, 2023, 05:45:29 PM »
How long does it take new Swiss bearings to make a sound?

Is this like a Buddhist poem?

If a skater lands a trick but nobody is around to witness it, does it still count?
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m