Poll

Does the woodshop a brand use for their decks impact your decision on buying a board?

Yes absolutely
484 (70.6%)
Yeah I guess a bit
163 (23.8%)
Indifferent either way
16 (2.3%)
Not really
12 (1.7%)
No never
11 (1.6%)

Total Members Voted: 680

Author Topic: CURRENT WOODSHOP DIRECTORY 2024 + misc deck and board info, help, questions, etc  (Read 163694 times)

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 852
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Just added a few more including Dutch brand Gentlemen Skateboards to the list.

This setup looks pretty good too - second and third pics from the first post:

[close]

That dark green top is talking to me
[close]

Ha yeah, glad I am not the only one.

When I saw it, I thought I had to post that pic as well.

The stain is nice in person too - had a few boards from Clutch in the shop a while back and some had that as the bottom too, with minimal graphic, so I was sad to see that go when it did finally sell.

The clutch dark green is pretty unique and you can actually kinda ID boards just from it alone. My favorite clutch deck was a coda O shape with a green top. Their red is usually pretty easy to spot too... It's more towards the orange side than most, so if you see a beautiful deep cherry ply then you know it's not a clutch deck haha.

Here's the press stamps from the prime deck I just got. All the ones I've had or handled had the alignment divot but only like half had the size/mold stamp. They also have a heritage logo one that they use on reissues.

Woodshop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 271
  • Just deck / woodshop info
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.

Here's the press stamps from the prime deck I just got. All the ones I've had or handled had the alignment divot but only like half had the size/mold stamp. They also have a heritage logo one that they use on reissues.

Thanks for those pics.

Was the dot at the front bolts area and the size at the back?

I seem to recall something like that.

Edit:

Found your old post I had added to the pic references on the first page, so added to that.

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=120409.msg3729125#msg3729125

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1066
Still haven’t been able to identify these decks with the fucking 2. But this is a world industries board I saw on the shop wall.

FuzzGNU

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
What do you guys consider the "2nd tier" of boards behind BBS and PS Stix?

I'm looking to get some of my own deck graphics made, but it doesn't seem like BBS and PS deal with smaller orders. It looks like South Central and Clutch are open to smaller batches, but I've never rode those before.

Any thoughts?
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

Paul_Glider Skateboards

• Rep: 56

I'm looking to get some of my own deck graphics made, but it doesn't seem like BBS and PS deal with smaller orders. It looks like South Central and Clutch are open to smaller batches, but I've never rode those before.

Any thoughts?

Hit up Watson Laminates, Chapman, Control, Pennwood as well. Everyone I spoke with were nice, and the boards are all decent to good IMO. Not sure how bad the backlog is but turnaround times can vary drastically, so it can be very frustrating. Things are changing rapidly. There are also good factories overseas too that have worked with reputable brands as well. There are also mediocre factories in both the US + overseas so keep that in mind

I'd recommend getting samples from each board and have your own opinion. Expense it as a business expense, and you can also just use it as your set up to actually skate. These factories will provide them for you.

Stating the obvious but every skater has their own preference (mellow --> steep, shovel noses --> twin tails, short --> wide wb, etc.) so i'd consider this as well and figure what kind of shape you want to go to market with
« Last Edit: February 28, 2022, 11:08:09 PM by Paul_Glider Skateboards »

-
We're a board company that specializes in the twin tail shape
www.instagram.com/gliderskateboards
www.gliderskateboards.com

DM us on IG if you're ever interested. We offer Slap Pals a generous discount!

disappointed

• Rep: 100
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
This question’s a bit random, but in Austyn Gillette nineclub he says he gets his boards direct from PSstix because his step dad is the ceo - so he just gets his shape 8.25. When Austyn used to be on Habitat they were PS, 3D used PS, and wknd use PS - so Austyn shape would have been ps in the lineup.

Now he’s back on Habitat, which is now BBS for promodels (right?), so Austyn pro ps board is actually not for sale and you can’t buy what he skates (given he has stuck with the same shape for 10 years and the same wood that whole time).

TLDR: is Austyn actual pro-spec board 8.25 psstixx for sale in shops?

FuzzGNU

Expand Quote

Any thoughts?
[close]

Hit up Watson Laminates, Chapman, Control, Pennwood as well. Everyone I spoke with were nice, and the boards are all decent to good IMO. Not sure how bad the backlog is but turnaround times can vary drastically, so it can be very frustrating. Things are changing rapidly. There are also good factories overseas too that have worked with reputable brands as well. There are also mediocre factories in both the US + overseas so keep that in mind

I'd recommend getting samples from each board and have your own opinion. Expense it as a business expense, and you can also just use it as your set up to actually skate. These factories will provide them for you.

Stating the obvious but every skater has their own preference (mellow --> steep, shovel noses --> twin tails, short --> wide wb, etc.) so i'd consider this as well and figure what kind of shape you want to go to market with

Wow! Thanks for the info Paul! I really appreciate it!

I've got a couple follow-up questions...

1) I've noticed Pennswood, Chapman, and Watson DON'T have their shapes listed on their website. Do they provide a graphical document about shape options? Do any of them only offer one shape?

2) Do you know off the top of your head which Woodshops offer the FA/Quasi style squared boards with shovel noses?

Thanks again, I appreciate your reply.

Paul_Glider Skateboards

• Rep: 56
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Any thoughts?
[close]

[close]

1) I've noticed Pennswood, Chapman, and Watson DON'T have their shapes listed on their website. Do they provide a graphical document about shape options? Do any of them only offer one shape?

2) Do you know off the top of your head which Woodshops offer the FA/Quasi style squared boards with shovel noses?

1. Factories have the dimensions. Shoot em an email and they can send all the info you’re looking for

2. I believe they’re ps or bbs

-
We're a board company that specializes in the twin tail shape
www.instagram.com/gliderskateboards
www.gliderskateboards.com

DM us on IG if you're ever interested. We offer Slap Pals a generous discount!

intendedreceivers

• Rep: 204
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Any thoughts?
[close]

[close]

I have a few Pennswood decks in some of the “specialty” molds if you’re curious what they look like (one 8.25 steep concave, and an 8.0 and 8.375 with kicks that have kind of a curl to them rather than your classic, flat-ish paddle-style kicks). I’m sure you can contact them for a list of their standard shapes and dimensions. They’re really good boards.

I also have a couple 5boro decks from South Central and can confirm the quality of those as well. The 8.25 is probably my favorite single deck out there.

Not sure what pricing is like, but those two make great stuff. Seems like Pennswood is a little more of a stiff feel, South Central maybe a little more springy, at least to me.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Still haven’t been able to identify these decks with the fucking 2. But this is a world industries board I saw on the shop wall.

We were flooded in and without internet for a while, but seems everything is back and ok now.

As for that board, it is the same as a Studio (Control) with the number stamp on it, so although I hadn't seen the Made in sticker quite like that, at least it makes sense - Control from Canada and another board with those same stamps.

It is interesting World Industries is back although not exactly sure in what form and seems like it is owned or run by no one connected with the original company, but they are trying and seem like they are doing well enough, from what I did see of the brand.

You could say they are just another heat transfer company, putting their own graphics on whatever wood they can get, going by this clip though.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2022, 03:06:07 AM by Woodshop »

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
This question’s a bit random, but in Austyn Gillette nineclub he says he gets his boards direct from PSstix because his step dad is the ceo - so he just gets his shape 8.25. When Austyn used to be on Habitat they were PS, 3D used PS, and wknd use PS - so Austyn shape would have been ps in the lineup.

Now he’s back on Habitat, which is now BBS for promodels (right?), so Austyn pro ps board is actually not for sale and you can’t buy what he skates (given he has stuck with the same shape for 10 years and the same wood that whole time).

What are the specs of what he rides?

I don't really follow Austyn but had a bit of a look at some recent things.

His more recent clips which clearly show his board look pretty standard, steeper nose, more mellow tail, but I know some people would say that is typical PS Stix.

As to what pro guys ride, many do have very specific shapes and even specific woodshops, which might be different from their team mates or what the brand puts out, which used to be more the case back a while ago when pro riders weren't so happy with the lesser board quality of some woodshops, but I guess in this case it could very easily still be happening.

As to the specifics of his board, I don't know, but there are a few of his boards on here as well as around the place too:

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=10804.msg3573967#msg3573967

Habitat Austyn Gillette 8.25 with a length at 31.5 measured tip to tip and a 14.5 WB

Do I recall something about a specific shape in the WKND catalog being for him?

There are three different 8.25 boards there.

FuzzGNU

The 8.375NH shape sounds interesting from the dimensions listed. Whatever the hell NH stands for anyways...

Big size difference between nose and tail. Nice width. 14 inch wheelbase. Interesting...

disappointed

Expand Quote

[close]

What are the specs of what he rides?

I don't really follow Austyn but had a bit of a look at some recent things.

His more recent clips which clearly show his board look pretty standard, steeper nose, more mellow tail, but I know some people would say that is typical PS Stix.

As to what pro guys ride, many do have very specific shapes and even specific woodshops, which might be different from their team mates or what the brand puts out, which used to be more the case back a while ago when pro riders weren't so happy with the lesser board quality of some woodshops, but I guess in this case it could very easily still be happening.

As to the specifics of his board, I don't know, but there are a few of his boards on here as well as around the place too:

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=10804.msg3573967#msg3573967

Habitat Austyn Gillette 8.25 with a length at 31.5 measured tip to tip and a 14.5 WB

Do I recall something about a specific shape in the WKND catalog being for him?

There are three different 8.25 boards there.

Cheers Mark, my question was probably pretty silly, but you’ve given a very thorough answer anyways, thanks! I think I was a bit sleep deprived when I wrote that, as it’s not really that surprising that a brand isn’t selling the specific pro board, instead they’re selling the shape but from a different woodshop. Yes, I did work out also, his board spec are 8.25/31.5/14.5. I think I just twigged with hearing PSstixx, short deck, long wheelbase, and wondered if Habitat/Austyn released PS boards for him due to his connection with PS. 8.25 is huge for me, but the shortboard/long wheelbase is perfect, so maybe I’d pick one up as a cruiser if they were PS.....but seems they are not.

Seeing as you are an expert with these things, I’ve got an Jason Adams Elephant PSdeck cruiser that I have ridden to death - it’s 31.3 long with a 14.5 wheelbase, and its about 8.25 but tapers way down to 8 at the back trucks. Any ideas for any PS boards that are shaped or something twitchy with a long wheelbase/short board that are available? Do you know if any of the polar boards are like this shape (with short board/long wheelbase) if there are no PS options. Thanks for this thread!

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1930
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Expand Quote

[close]

The 8.375NH shape sounds interesting from the dimensions listed. Whatever the hell NH stands for anyways...

Big size difference between nose and tail. Nice width. 14 inch wheelbase. Interesting...

Damn that 8.38 does look enticing, but WKND measures their length flat across, so it's probably closer to an 31.6. Still an interesting dimension for a 8.38.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal

Cheers Mark, my question was probably pretty silly, but you’ve given a very thorough answer anyways, thanks! I think I was a bit sleep deprived when I wrote that, as it’s not really that surprising that a brand isn’t selling the specific pro board, instead they’re selling the shape but from a different woodshop. Yes, I did work out also, his board spec are 8.25/31.5/14.5. I think I just twigged with hearing PSstixx, short deck, long wheelbase, and wondered if Habitat/Austyn released PS boards for him due to his connection with PS. 8.25 is huge for me, but the shortboard/long wheelbase is perfect, so maybe I’d pick one up as a cruiser if they were PS.....but seems they are not.

Seeing as you are an expert with these things, I’ve got an Jason Adams Elephant PSdeck cruiser that I have ridden to death - it’s 31.3 long with a 14.5 wheelbase, and its about 8.25 but tapers way down to 8 at the back trucks. Any ideas for any PS boards that are shaped or something twitchy with a long wheelbase/short board that are available? Do you know if any of the polar boards are like this shape (with short board/long wheelbase) if there are no PS options. Thanks for this thread!

Ha all good!!!

I am just jumping back in after being without phone and internet for the short while (only a couple of days) and thinking I have lots to catch up on, but really it is nothing compared to what so many others have been going through, eg we are flooded in, not flooded out, so we are still fine and dry here.

As to his specific shape, that was the board that someone had from the setup thread from last year, so maybe it is out and about somewhere still, as I do recall seeing some boards were PS Stix and some were BBS at one point.

About that other board, it is a weird one, as not too many would have those dimensions, so I would be more inclined to check the nose and tail measurements and then even find something that had the right wheelbase that you could trim down, as a worst case scenario. 

I think that would be better than getting a smaller board and drilling the wheelbase out, but now I think about it, that might not be such a bad idea anyway, eg get a shape you like and drill the nose out longer, so you still have a normal tail on it.  Drilling the wheelbase out sometimes makes a nose or tail feel really weird though, so just beware of that too.

Just thoughts anyway, but I know my DLX 8.38 boards have 14.5 wb and they don't feel overly long, same as Baker and other brands that use that shape too, but they could be trimmed down.  If you were closer to S E QLD, you could have one of my old ones to chop up.

That Adams board would be a special one off nowdays.  There are a few other Elephant Brand decks getting round, but they are on whatever wood they could get at the time (not something I would want to ride anyway) after the company changed to who they are under now.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
After seeing a Slouch deck in the setup thread the other day, I looked them up and asked about their wood.

Nice to talk to and stoked to have mention of their product too, so another one to add to the list.

Slouch Skateboards = Woodchuck

Board sizes from 7.75 up to 8.5 and everything in between.

From their Instagram page:

Slouch Skateboards
Local service
A BRAND YOU CAN’T TRUST
https://slouchskateboards.bigcartel.com/
https://www.instagram.com/slouchskateboards/

Slouch Skateboards 8.25 x 31.875 Wheelbase 14.25
Old Indy standard 149s (I'm going to try some Ace AF1 55 once these trucks are done)
Loopholes wheels Jameel Douglas 54mm

Loving this board. Second one in a row.

disappointed

Expand Quote

[close]

Ha all good!!!

I am just jumping back in after being without phone and internet for the short while (only a couple of days) and thinking I have lots to catch up on, but really it is nothing compared to what so many others have been going through, eg we are flooded in, not flooded out, so we are still fine and dry here.

As to his specific shape, that was the board that someone had from the setup thread from last year, so maybe it is out and about somewhere still, as I do recall seeing some boards were PS Stix and some were BBS at one point.

About that other board, it is a weird one, as not too many would have those dimensions, so I would be more inclined to check the nose and tail measurements and then even find something that had the right wheelbase that you could trim down, as a worst case scenario. 

I think that would be better than getting a smaller board and drilling the wheelbase out, but now I think about it, that might not be such a bad idea anyway, eg get a shape you like and drill the nose out longer, so you still have a normal tail on it.  Drilling the wheelbase out sometimes makes a nose or tail feel really weird though, so just beware of that too.

Just thoughts anyway, but I know my DLX 8.38 boards have 14.5 wb and they don't feel overly long, same as Baker and other brands that use that shape too, but they could be trimmed down.  If you were closer to S E QLD, you could have one of my old ones to chop up.

That Adams board would be a special one off nowdays.  There are a few other Elephant Brand decks getting round, but they are on whatever wood they could get at the time (not something I would want to ride anyway) after the company changed to who they are under now.

Good suggestions, cheers! I think that trimming down the nose/tail on a long wheelbase is a bit outside my ability - but i reckon drilling out the wheelbase on a shorter deck might just work!! I’ve got a girl deck that fell into my hands, it’s 8.125 (g023) 31.6 and 14 wb, so barely used it cos it was all wrong for me...but I’m gonna get drilling and max out the wheelbase closer to 15.  I’ve also been curious about chewy palace dimensions 31.13/8.375/14.84, but not enough to buy one (and too wide), so my new girl cruiser might be the answer! It’ll be 31.66/8.125/15wb!! Fuck it, Worth a try! (Thats drilling out the nose and tail 1/2 inch each, so i can always just leave the tail truck as is for 14.5wb - options ;D)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2022, 02:35:40 AM by disappointed »

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Any thoughts?
[close]

[close]

[close]

I have a few Pennswood decks in some of the “specialty” molds if you’re curious what they look like (one 8.25 steep concave, and an 8.0 and 8.375 with kicks that have kind of a curl to them rather than your classic, flat-ish paddle-style kicks). I’m sure you can contact them for a list of their standard shapes and dimensions. They’re really good boards.

I also have a couple 5boro decks from South Central and can confirm the quality of those as well. The 8.25 is probably my favorite single deck out there.

Not sure what pricing is like, but those two make great stuff. Seems like Pennswood is a little more of a stiff feel, South Central maybe a little more springy, at least to me.

I had been meaning to ask, but I kept getting busy and didn't come back, but regarding concave, I know some woodshops copy other specific molds or shapes from existing woodshops that a rider or company might want to replicate (insert Primitive here maybe?*) but as they were on BBS which has a spoon like concave in the kicks, was this what you were referring to with the "curl" before, or have you skated a BBS board and compared concave to this one?

Although it is no secret really, there are a lot of "secrets and whispers" around this industry regarding who uses what wood, or from which woodshop someone got their boards or whatever, but I know it is also very easy to copy molds and make something similar, which has been done here in AU as well.  How it rides might be a whole different thing though, but that side of it I really don't worry about, as I am not in any position to "shop around" for a better deal or supply on boards as I don't have my own company and don't intend to ride anything other than what I like and can easily get here.

I am always interested in skateboard related things, which is why I wanted to ask.

intendedreceivers

• Rep: 204
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Any thoughts?
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I had been meaning to ask, but I kept getting busy and didn't come back, but regarding concave, I know some woodshops copy other specific molds or shapes from existing woodshops that a rider or company might want to replicate (insert Primitive here maybe?*) but as they were on BBS which has a spoon like concave in the kicks, was this what you were referring to with the "curl" before, or have you skated a BBS board and compared concave to this one?

Although it is no secret really, there are a lot of "secrets and whispers" around this industry regarding who uses what wood, or from which woodshop someone got their boards or whatever, but I know it is also very easy to copy molds and make something similar, which has been done here in AU as well.  How it rides might be a whole different thing though, but that side of it I really don't worry about, as I am not in any position to "shop around" for a better deal or supply on boards as I don't have my own company and don't intend to ride anything other than what I like and can easily get here.

I am always interested in skateboard related things, which is why I wanted to ask.

It looks like they have a little concave across the width of the kicks like the “spoon” style kicks, but the curl is very noticeable along the length of the kicks. Makes them look very short and high. Not sure what it’s gonna skate like to be honest. I’ll get a photo when I can.

EDIT—Tried to attach a low-res photo of their standard tail (on the steep mold, but a paddle like their normal shapes) next to the curly one. Makes it very square/snubby on the overhead view. I'll try to get some better images when I get a minute to create an account with an image host.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2022, 11:21:53 AM by intendedreceivers »

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1066
Expand Quote

[close]

We were flooded in and without internet for a while, but seems everything is back and ok now.

As for that board, it is the same as a Studio (Control) with the number stamp on it, so although I hadn't seen the Made in sticker quite like that, at least it makes sense - Control from Canada and another board with those same stamps.

It is interesting World Industries is back although not exactly sure in what form and seems like it is owned or run by no one connected with the original company, but they are trying and seem like they are doing well enough, from what I did see of the brand.

from what I can tell the only the world name, logo, flameboy, wetwilly & devil man, are licensed out, with Dwindle keeping the rest of the library for other products.

Also, is it safe to make the assumption that the raw blanks I got from blankdecks.com with the same 2 stamp came from control? The last control board I got was from TGM, it was point with a mellow concave and a shorter wheelbase., no stamp, but the control sticker. This one had an 14..25 base with flat concave.

Carter

• Rep: -1
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Damn that 8.38 does look enticing, but WKND measures their length flat across, so it's probably closer to an 31.6. Still an interesting dimension for a 8.38.

idk if all those dimensions are correct... for me its a good thing I've been skating the 8.25 ct shape. its 31.25 not 31.6 length. short boards for the win!

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Ha all good!!!

[close]

Good suggestions, cheers! I think that trimming down the nose/tail on a long wheelbase is a bit outside my ability - but i reckon drilling out the wheelbase on a shorter deck might just work!! I’ve got a girl deck that fell into my hands, it’s 8.125 (g023) 31.6 and 14 wb, so barely used it cos it was all wrong for me...but I’m gonna get drilling and max out the wheelbase closer to 15.  I’ve also been curious about chewy palace dimensions 31.13/8.375/14.84, but not enough to buy one (and too wide), so my new girl cruiser might be the answer! It’ll be 31.66/8.125/15wb!! Fuck it, Worth a try! (Thats drilling out the nose and tail 1/2 inch each, so i can always just leave the tail truck as is for 14.5wb - options ;D)

Check out this cut down job, from the WBSWB thread:

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Had a gifted 9.0 I wanted to chop down. Was pretty massive with 15"WB/N:7.25"/T:7", with straight across measurement nose to tail at 33". Chems tooled rhe nose and tail, leaving 14.25"WB and more fingers of flat. Cut the nose and tail down and re-shaped. Nose is now a smidge over 7" and tail at a little under 7".  Now measures a little under 32.4" ish.

[close]

That thing looks good - I would be interested in seeing a side view with concave with deck bolts sitting in the new holes.

As it is BBS, it would feel a little more comfortable too than some other brands with a more defined point between the flat middle of the board and the sharp angle of the kicks.
[close]

Here ya go...about 3 fingers flat each side. I ride 56-58mm wheels and have old legs, so mellowness is OK for me

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal

from what I can tell the only the world name, logo, flameboy, wetwilly & devil man, are licensed out, with Dwindle keeping the rest of the library for other products.

Also, is it safe to make the assumption that the raw blanks I got from blankdecks.com with the same 2 stamp came from control? The last control board I got was from TGM, it was point with a mellow concave and a shorter wheelbase., no stamp, but the control sticker. This one had an 14..25 base with flat concave.

Interesting about World Industries.  They seem like they are putting out a lot of boards, but all up it might not be that many when compared to other brands by today's standards.

Re that pic and boards with number stamps

I would most likely have to say yes, but I really don't know much about them.  There are different numbers stamped on the boards, at least those known to be from Control woodshop.

The one Studio deck I had was a 3 and there is a pic on the first page from Rocklobster with a 6 which is interesting, but I don't know what they mean, be it the press or the shape, or even something else.

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=120409.msg3729112#msg3729112

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Any thoughts?
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

It looks like they have a little concave across the width of the kicks like the “spoon” style kicks, but the curl is very noticeable along the length of the kicks. Makes them look very short and high. Not sure what it’s gonna skate like to be honest. I’ll get a photo when I can.

EDIT—Tried to attach a low-res photo of their standard tail (on the steep mold, but a paddle like their normal shapes) next to the curly one. Makes it very square/snubby on the overhead view. I'll try to get some better images when I get a minute to create an account with an image host.

Thank you!

That sure is interesting to see.

Re pics, Slap has a built in option, which should be just below the type text box, to the left:

* Add image to post

Click on that and it will upload the image for you and add the link to the message, with no additional account or anything needed.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

idk if all those dimensions are correct... for me its a good thing I've been skating the 8.25 ct shape. its 31.25 not 31.6 length. short boards for the win!

The thing with PS Stix decks is they are measured with the concave, so they will always be shorter when measured the more conventional way straight across, tip to tip.

Quite a few people have been caught off by that and some have definitely been unhappy, but once you are used to it, things are often a lot easier to work out, eg just take about half an inch off the total length and it will be about the same measure as everything else out there.

They definitely have quite a few options for the various shapes, but I forget what the initials stand for, apart from the short 8.5MP being Matt Price shape.

SlapMcKracken

• Rep: 92
if buying a habitat or AWS deck in Europe - how do I know if it’s from BBS or not ?

LewFarrell

• Rep: 140
if buying a habitat or AWS deck in Europe - how do I know if it’s from BBS or not ?

There's info on identifying woodshops on the first page of the thread but the general tell for BBS is the small divot in the top ply between the front truck holes.

Solex

• Rep: 29
Expand Quote
[close]

There's info on identifying woodshops on the first page of the thread but the general tell for BBS is the small divot in the top ply between the front truck holes.
As a European guy I was wondering a few days ago if the Dwindle versions of the AWS boards were made in the same molds as the BBS ones, and the same question for the other brands that make their boards in different woodshop depending of the zone...

P.s : @Woodshop wonderful topic!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2022, 03:27:43 PM by Solex »

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1930
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Expand Quote
[close]

In 2020-2021 I've seen some Habitat decks with the REGROWTH lasered on the top ply which is exclusive to DSM, haven't seen that since 2021 so it could have been a 1-time run during the woodshop shortage.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal

They should have a warning sticker that will always say "Made in Mexico" on the deck, more so than anything else.

If it has "Made in China" then it is most likely from Dwindle, so check the size and shape, as some were wider and more blunt but most were more so the generic Dwindle shapes, from what others had said.

Check the last frame on this Instagram post for a close up of the Warning sticker (which should be viewable on here regardless of whether you have Instagram or not) but if that doesn't work, I can upload a pic of it on its own as well.