Author Topic: Tyshawn shots fired at Mikey Alfred and Illegal Civ  (Read 170254 times)

Prostate Exam

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 484
  • registered SLAP offender
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Tyshawn shots fired at Mikey Alfred and Illegal Civ
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2022, 02:59:54 AM »

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2022, 04:13:57 AM »

warmonke

• Rep: 43
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2022, 04:17:24 AM »
Expand Quote
There’s something powerful about the triangle shape
[close]

geeza looks like a budget ru paul

IpathCats

« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2022, 05:15:33 AM »
I love that someone I love, hates someone I hate. I feel safety and validation in my hatred now.

SHAQUEEFA

• Rep: 32
« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2022, 05:55:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I'm so mad that I immediately got these references   :-\
[close]

That guy looks like Abdullah the Butcher after liposuction.

ABDULLAH!!!!

T4T

• Rep: 8
  • fake and lame
    • My Youtube avatar image
« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2022, 07:28:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
geeza looks like a budget ru paul
schoolteachers can get paid $100k when they get a collab with dragonball

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • the moon rules
« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2022, 08:42:24 AM »
I had to throw out all of my Teflon coated pots and pans after watching “Dark Waters” starring Mark Ruffalo. I went all in on cast iron right away
fuck you bama

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2150
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2022, 08:55:47 AM »

All day, every day.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2022, 09:16:38 AM »
Any new Lodge pans seem to take forever to get seasoned right but they're fucking great when you get 'em broken in.

alex

• Rep: 34
« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2022, 09:27:19 AM »
I've got one of the griddle made cast iron situations that's flat on one side and has the grill grates/grooves on the other side. Have really only ever used the non-flat side for like bulgogi or fajitas and even then it didn't add much.
Suns out, im going skating. chow

doublesteveburger

« Reply #70 on: May 23, 2022, 09:49:14 AM »
i love cooking potatoes on my pan then when they're almost ready i add strips of bacon

once the bacon is done the potatoes are perfect and mikey alfred fucking sucks

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
« Reply #71 on: May 23, 2022, 10:12:09 AM »
I used to clean cast iron dutch ovens after we would bake a sheet of brownies or something like that which inevitably baked on some sticky goo. Our tried and true method was a clean rag and lots of salt. Using the salt as an abrasive worked really well to clean the cast iron and maintained the seasoning, though you will need a wide mouth trash can to take on the salted goo.

That Tyshawn got a check cut from that North Hollywood movie and then comes back around to roast Malfred is delightful. As the people with kids say, it sparks joy.
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1082
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #72 on: May 23, 2022, 10:15:36 AM »

All day, every day.

Hell yeah, now I want to post my collection....

Edit: Had to Jump in. Mostly lodge but threw in the Dutch oven (enamel coated cast iron) and the carbon steel with cast iron handle. The Lodge grill press is the newest addition, perfect for sandos or smash burgers.

I also save all of my bacon grease in the fridge, I use it for cooking or seasoning my cast irons. Worth its weight in gold.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2022, 10:23:42 AM by BartHarleyJarvis »

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #73 on: May 23, 2022, 10:58:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

This would be a sick class photo deck

Best thing about Mikey Alfred is his last name makes me think of Alfredo then I get hungry. Been pan frying chicken breasts a lot these days on my cast iron skillets. Delicious.

Anyone have one of those grilling cast iron skillets. With the grooves. Seems worth it but idk
[close]

Hell yeah brother boneless/skinless breasts are amazing on those. Season those bitches up with some garlic and cajun powder, few chili flakes. Chef’s kiss.
[close]

Cast iron with the grooves is dumb as fuck, it gives you the lines you'd get on a grill with zero of the other benefits of cooking on a grill. If you're using cast iron, just use the regular pan, makes it easier to baste while you're cooking.

Yeah my only cast iron pan is a grooved one and I haven’t figured any use for it since I don’t cook meat. I once tried to do halloumi on it and it got pretty stuck. Couple of times I put it in my gas-powered pizza oven to cook salmon, but it didn’t work well because the handle made it impossible to turn half way through.

I probably need to get a proper one too since I’m tired of throwing out pans with the teflon flaking off.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

intendedreceivers

• Rep: 204
« Reply #74 on: May 23, 2022, 11:13:21 AM »
Bacon generally starts on a cold pan and is prone to sticking, so you’re losing seasoning every time you have to scrape it out. Build it up first with vegetables, lots of oil, and make sure you preheat it. The high heat and oil are what polymerize to create the nonstick seasoning layer. Caramelized onions are a great starter.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1118
« Reply #75 on: May 23, 2022, 11:37:50 AM »
Any new Lodge pans seem to take forever to get seasoned right but they're fucking great when you get 'em broken in.

Just skip the intermediate Lodge phase of cast iron ownership and get the Le Creuset Signature Skillet. The 10 1/4” is what I use to cook almost everything. There’s no pan I’ve ever owned that I love and use more. If I lost it today, I'd buy another one at retail tomorrow.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Frutsiseltzer

• Rep: 4
« Reply #76 on: May 23, 2022, 12:05:13 PM »
Yessssssss

R3dBullRox420

« Reply #77 on: May 23, 2022, 12:10:11 PM »
Tyshawn calls IC the worst brand in skateboarding and these middle age fucks wanna talk about cast iron skillets? Some of the best skate gossip in a minute and you’re fucking it up.

It's a tradition that we carry on with an unrelated tangent in an effort to troll all the toxic ppl that insist on beating a head horse.

The mystique of cast iron care is super convoluted but I found this video to be straightforward and unpretentious

www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGSDqXjoAsM

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #78 on: May 23, 2022, 12:13:25 PM »
Another great cleaning technique when you've got a bunch of sticky shit after cooking is to just simplify boil water in it. Breaks down just about everything and then easily cleans up

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #79 on: May 23, 2022, 12:16:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Tyshawn calls IC the worst brand in skateboarding and these middle age fucks wanna talk about cast iron skillets? Some of the best skate gossip in a minute and you’re fucking it up.
[close]

It's a tradition that we carry on with an unrelated tangent in an effort to troll all the toxic ppl that insist on beating a head horse.

The mystique of cast iron care is super convoluted but I found this video to be straightforward and unpretentious

www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGSDqXjoAsM

The cognitive dissonance between "Cast iron is a miracle and will last hundreds of years" and "If you do ANYTHING wrong your cast iron is RUINED" has always been really funny to me. I'm not precious with mine at all because I know that it can always be fixed/saved/whatever. People make it way more complicated than it needs to be!

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #80 on: May 23, 2022, 12:17:02 PM »
Ok the talk about soap in a cast iron has given me some guts, I’m gonna try it. The worst thing that could happen is I just decide to clean it and season it again, not the worst thing in the world. It’s just sometimes I’m lazy and I don’t wanna spend the time.

Funny to see some conflicting advice on bacon. I guess I can see where some of the sticking from bacon could lead to an uneven seasoning, but I definitely had fine luck just cooking some bacon, wiping the pan down, and heating it up for a quick-n-dirty seasoning refresher. It’s not as good as a really scientific seasoning sesh but it’s good enough for me and it’s a lot faster than heating an oven up to 500 or whatever.

BUT my mom is retired and she recently took the time to go mad scientist on her cast iron. She did like *several* rounds of flax seed oil and oven. Those things are like slicker than an ice skating rink now.

Yup cast iron rules, there are many ways to enjoy it. But for real I wanna hear some feedback on carbon steel! Anybody fuck with it?

artskool

• Rep: 30
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #81 on: May 23, 2022, 12:24:22 PM »
I have owned a le cruset for 15 years, and use it daily. It is 100% worth the cost.

I want more public beefs in skateboarding. This one isn't even challenging enough to consider though. Imagine preferring Mickey Alfred over Tyshawn.

Expand Quote
[close]

Just skip the intermediate Lodge phase of cast iron ownership and get the Le Creuset Signature Skillet. The 10 1/4” is what I use to cook almost everything. There’s no pan I’ve ever owned that I love and use more. If I lost it today, I'd buy another one at retail tomorrow.

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #82 on: May 23, 2022, 12:36:05 PM »
Ok the talk about soap in a cast iron has given me some guts, I’m gonna try it. The worst thing that could happen is I just decide to clean it and season it again, not the worst thing in the world. It’s just sometimes I’m lazy and I don’t wanna spend the time.

Funny to see some conflicting advice on bacon. I guess I can see where some of the sticking from bacon could lead to an uneven seasoning, but I definitely had fine luck just cooking some bacon, wiping the pan down, and heating it up for a quick-n-dirty seasoning refresher. It’s not as good as a really scientific seasoning sesh but it’s good enough for me and it’s a lot faster than heating an oven up to 500 or whatever.

BUT my mom is retired and she recently took the time to go mad scientist on her cast iron. She did like *several* rounds of flax seed oil and oven. Those things are like slicker than an ice skating rink now.

Yup cast iron rules, there are many ways to enjoy it. But for real I wanna hear some feedback on carbon steel! Anybody fuck with it?

We just added a carbon steel to the arsenal, so far really liking it a lot. We use it most often almost like a wok because it's pretty deep and has steep sides. I do a lot of stir fry noodle dishes in it or fried rice type stuff.

I don't think most people know you shouldn't heat non-stick pans above medium-high otherwise that PFAS shit will start leeching into your food. Carbon Steel is 90% of the way to non-stick and way more versatile in my opinion.

drewdown

• Rep: -30
« Reply #83 on: May 23, 2022, 12:37:28 PM »
Carbon steel sucks man, it will rust if you look at it sideways. 

thebacker

« Reply #84 on: May 23, 2022, 12:38:33 PM »
mikey alfred 100% sleeps like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNr7nXvntO8

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #85 on: May 23, 2022, 12:40:28 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

We just added a carbon steel to the arsenal, so far really liking it a lot. We use it most often almost like a wok because it's pretty deep and has steep sides. I do a lot of stir fry noodle dishes in it or fried rice type stuff.

I don't think most people know you shouldn't heat non-stick pans above medium-high otherwise that PFAS shit will start leeching into your food. Carbon Steel is 90% of the way to non-stick and way more versatile in my opinion.
You should want the non stick chemicals in your food. That way you don't get constipated duh.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -479
« Reply #86 on: May 23, 2022, 12:44:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I ain’t got la creuset money but I’d love one. I agree with you on the bacon thing tho. I’ve found just greasing it heavily with lard and then baking it at 450 for 30 min when you first get a new one is actually pretty great. Carmelized onions is genius too. It’s hard to get away from lodge sometimes cause you can get them for so cheap at target.

The grill pan is great for stuff like chicken and skirt steaks where you want better char and live in apartment that doesn’t allow grills tho . Plus they the reversible ones so you can just pre heat it in the oven and have a great place to do smash burgers and pancakes!
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1118
« Reply #87 on: May 23, 2022, 01:04:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I ain’t got la creuset money but I’d love one. I agree with you on the bacon thing tho. I’ve found just greasing it heavily with lard and then baking it at 450 for 30 min when you first get a new one is actually pretty great. Carmelized onions is genius too. It’s hard to get away from lodge sometimes cause you can get them for so cheap at target.

The grill pan is great for stuff like chicken and skirt steaks where you want better char and live in apartment that doesn’t allow grills tho . Plus they the reversible ones so you can just pre heat it in the oven and have a great place to do smash burgers and pancakes!

I totally understand. I was fortunate to score mine at a thrift store, but I see even used ones sell for $100 or more now, where they used to be $40-60. If you can ever afford it, it’s absolutely money well spent and will last you a lifetime.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -479
« Reply #88 on: May 23, 2022, 01:18:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I totally understand. I was fortunate to score mine at a thrift store, but I see even used ones sell for $100 or more now, where they used to be $40-60. If you can ever afford it, it’s absolutely money well spent and will last you a lifetime.

It’s definitely on my Christmas list for family this year . I always just say get me something for the kitchen . Last year I got a vitamix and that Shit was a game changer.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

lurker_and_poster

• Rep: 26
« Reply #89 on: May 23, 2022, 02:01:15 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

If you really want to fuck with Carbon - check the de buyer carbon plus - buy at a french skate trip, treat her well, burn in proper and you will have a great roasting aroma.

Generaly my weapon of choice is my old cast iron pane
BUT Swiss company Spring have a 3 layer non-stick coating Frying pan called Vulcano intense pro.
Coating is PFOA free instead they use particles of genuine Swiss rock crystal straight from the alps,
its Swiss and its sound cheesy - but if you want a non coating pan, this one works really good.
And after 5 years they coat you your pan again.
perfekt for any egg dish - or frying vegetables with just a tiny drop of oil.