Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3069433 times)

scorpion1001

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
  • All Hail Carroll
Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #32700 on: July 29, 2013, 09:13:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Inherited an iphone today... I could probably post this in things you are stoked on but not stoked on, cause I don't want to be one of those fucks who stay looking at their screen all day. Time to get an instagram and get all the industry news with a quickness...
[close]

It's inevitable.  If you have it, and you're even slightly bored, I can almost guarantee you'll reach for it.
ultimately its not a very big deal as long as its not something you're constantly doing in the company of others

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 167
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #32701 on: July 29, 2013, 10:06:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Inherited an iphone today... I could probably post this in things you are stoked on but not stoked on, cause I don't want to be one of those fucks who stay looking at their screen all day. Time to get an instagram and get all the industry news with a quickness...
[close]

It's inevitable.  If you have it, and you're even slightly bored, I can almost guarantee you'll reach for it.
[close]
ultimately its not a very big deal as long as its not something you're constantly doing in the company of others
Go out to dinner with your friends. Put all smart phones in the center of the table. First person to reach for their phone foots the bill.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

formeitscrazylike

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #32702 on: July 29, 2013, 05:16:05 PM »
I like that game. Call me old school, you're supposed to appreciate having someone to eat with. Save your instagram feed til you're dropping one.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • HANNIBAL!!
« Reply #32703 on: July 29, 2013, 07:04:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
Go out to dinner with your friends. Put all smart phones in the center of the table. First person to reach for their phone foots the bill.
when I own a house everybody will leave their smart phones and shoes at the door.

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -67
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #32704 on: July 29, 2013, 07:09:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
when I own a house everybody will leave their smart phones and shoes at the door.
ugh i fucking hate feet ^
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #32705 on: July 29, 2013, 07:52:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
you sound fun.

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 700
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #32706 on: July 29, 2013, 09:37:34 PM »

He's getting a box!  Could have been shorter, but I liked the weirdness.

J mascis will be on Jimmy Fallon in a minute.  I hope it doesn't suck.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

Vinchenzo

• Rep: -21
    • Eastern Fronts avatar image
« Reply #32707 on: July 29, 2013, 10:26:25 PM »
Kicked it with Kareem Campbell at work today!

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #32708 on: July 30, 2013, 12:00:39 AM »
Just stoked on life right now. I just got my work contract renewed yesterday, had a great session skating a perfect ledge in the evening, had a couple beers, and got to hang with my girlfriend, who is being super awesome right now. And Im skating probably more than I ever had. 

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #32709 on: July 30, 2013, 01:22:08 AM »

kareem visited the homeless hipster shelter?

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 517
« Reply #32710 on: July 30, 2013, 08:16:38 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

kareem visited the homeless hipster shelter?

Someone has to lift up their spirits when they're crying into their beanies during the summer.
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

The Nose Face

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 8
« Reply #32711 on: July 30, 2013, 09:15:21 AM »
These pics of Alfaro and Grosso

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 430
« Reply #32712 on: July 30, 2013, 12:53:25 PM »
Heading to Paris > Amsterdam > Eze > Barcelona in one week.
"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #32713 on: July 30, 2013, 07:57:52 PM »
Trying 2 FS Flip off this loading dock tonight. Board might b a little 2 small 2 catch though, kept getting away from me. Will try back in a night or two.

Cotton Candy Soda back in stock at the local gas stations.

New DVS durhams

Kickflip back crooks

Instant mashed potatoes mixed with canned corn, chili, and hot peppers

pizzarules

• Rep: -24
« Reply #32714 on: July 31, 2013, 12:06:40 AM »
-Slap forum. the closest thing left to big brother mag.
-Not pissing out of my asshole anymore
-My clean house
-School starting in 2 weeks, got all the classes I wanted
-Not living in New York. theworstroom.tumblr.com
-Working on my motorcycle
-Got my nosegrinds back after not doing them for 6 years.
-KFC Wednesday special $2.99 for pot pie.
-Popeyes coupons
-Seeing Black Sabbath in August!!!!!!!!!!!! I know that sounds cheesy nowadays cuz of Baker and all that but it's Black Fucking Sabbath.

Damn, I never thought I'd be so stoked on so much.

formeitscrazylike

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #32715 on: July 31, 2013, 01:03:41 AM »

Big boy goin for it, no excuses

eranka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #32716 on: July 31, 2013, 04:02:18 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyVmyhDTb84#at=407
another Grindline park was built here, cant wait to skate it

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
« Reply #32717 on: July 31, 2013, 04:05:38 AM »
yaaay, formeitscrazylike!

love it!

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #32718 on: July 31, 2013, 08:22:22 PM »
Brian Lotti has a milk sponsor. I was lurking the Broadcast wheels site and saw this
Sponsors: Stacks Skateboards, Broadcast Wheels, Real California Milk not treated with RSBT

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 655
« Reply #32719 on: July 31, 2013, 08:30:14 PM »
The other day, Corey Duffel came into the movie theater I work at and called me by my instagram name and asked if I still skated. Yesterday, I went to Waller and Stanyan and Frank Gerwer was there trying to film a line. 

foureyedjim

pizzarules

• Rep: -24
« Reply #32721 on: August 01, 2013, 06:19:04 AM »
That new bob burnquist.

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -110
  • "I will not skateboard in the halls"
« Reply #32722 on: August 01, 2013, 11:34:21 AM »
This here post right here, and the 40 minutes of The Simpsons I just watched at work. Thanks Made in China.

Edit: I'm Herman Cain up in this bitch.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 11:36:37 AM by mattofallmatts »

Harem

« Reply #32723 on: August 01, 2013, 07:16:57 PM »
So from September 2010 up until September 2012, I never got paid penalty rates for working on Saturdays & Sundays. I never actually bothered to check my payslips, I'd just have a look at my bank account and be stoked with whatever was there. In September 2012, the whole organisation is restructured and there is a change of management at the particular store I work out. All of sudden with this new change in management I'm suddenly getting paid more. Not a lot more, but a nice amount.  We had some downtime at work and I thought I'd check out all my payslips from when I started. Turns out despite working every Saturday & Sunday for 24 months, my old boss thought he'd stay under budget by not paying us penalty rates. I send off a quick e-mail to HR to see if they can check it out. Yesterday I got a backpay of $9,776 ($8,734USD). Pretty stoked on that, and learnt a lesson to check to my payslip a lot closer.

Also got done with my winter semester at university. Not going to miss getting up at 5:30am to attend a class for 5 hours over 6 weeks. Stoked I actually did something during my break instead of just working & sleeping.

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #32724 on: August 01, 2013, 07:23:29 PM »
So from September 2010 up until September 2012, I never got paid penalty rates for working on Saturdays & Sundays. I never actually bothered to check my payslips, I'd just have a look at my bank account and be stoked with whatever was there. In September 2012, the whole organisation is restructured and there is a change of management at the particular store I work out. All of sudden with this new change in management I'm suddenly getting paid more. Not a lot more, but a nice amount.  We had some downtime at work and I thought I'd check out all my payslips from when I started. Turns out despite working every Saturday & Sunday for 24 months, my old boss thought he'd stay under budget by not paying us penalty rates. I send off a quick e-mail to HR to see if they can check it out. Yesterday I got a backpay of $9,776 ($8,734USD). Pretty stoked on that, and learnt a lesson to check to my payslip a lot closer.

Also got done with my winter semester at university. Not going to miss getting up at 5:30am to attend a class for 5 hours over 6 weeks. Stoked I actually did something during my break instead of just working & sleeping.

Holy shit that is fucking awesome.

Wang Casserole

• Rep: -27
« Reply #32725 on: August 01, 2013, 07:33:35 PM »
this

Laban Fetus

« Reply #32726 on: August 02, 2013, 12:21:50 PM »
Life is a roller coaster ride of emotions set to go off it's hinges at any moment but right now I am stoked on the purpose of living and getting the most out of it no matter the dreaded ending. That sounds like something a rapper would say when he's trying to be serious in an interview but it's my head state at the moment.

Also, Elvis.

Sgt.Pepper

• Rep: -167
« Reply #32727 on: August 02, 2013, 01:23:21 PM »
Playing my first big non-house show on the 12th. Also seeing Rancid later tonight.
"I'd be a teenage virgin, jerking off in my bedroom
 if I wasnt a 20 year old virgin that didn't have a bedroom."

foureyedjim

« Reply #32728 on: August 02, 2013, 01:23:50 PM »
This here post right here, and the 40 minutes of The Simpsons I just watched at work. Thanks Made in China.

woooow thanks for the props matt
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

eranka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #32729 on: August 02, 2013, 04:58:58 PM »
So from September 2010 up until September 2012, I never got paid penalty rates for working on Saturdays & Sundays. I never actually bothered to check my payslips, I'd just have a look at my bank account and be stoked with whatever was there. In September 2012, the whole organisation is restructured and there is a change of management at the particular store I work out. All of sudden with this new change in management I'm suddenly getting paid more. Not a lot more, but a nice amount.  We had some downtime at work and I thought I'd check out all my payslips from when I started. Turns out despite working every Saturday & Sunday for 24 months, my old boss thought he'd stay under budget by not paying us penalty rates. I send off a quick e-mail to HR to see if they can check it out. Yesterday I got a backpay of $9,776 ($8,734USD). Pretty stoked on that, and learnt a lesson to check to my payslip a lot closer.

Thats sick!
A few years ago almost all the skaters where i used to live worked in the same place, the wage was pretty decent but we werent getting paid overtime at all but because the salary was pretty decent no one complained.
A few months passed and the boss fired a few of my friends and they decided to claim all the money he owed them by law, they threatened to sue him and with the money they got they started the illest board company
getting the money you deserve is a real good reason to be stoked about.
enjoy all that dough!