Author Topic: world's worst beers  (Read 10064 times)

Banned from the room

Re: world's worst beers
« Reply #120 on: July 16, 2022, 08:33:59 AM »
I’m going to have to say Heineken. I can’t deal with that Skunky taste

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 832
« Reply #121 on: July 16, 2022, 09:46:04 AM »
This shit will make you piss outa your ass for days and tastes like the smell of it.
Thankfully the local Dia closed ages ago here.

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1127
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #122 on: July 16, 2022, 12:13:13 PM »
i'm not racist or anything but i just don't trust the Chinese.

Ohhhhkay
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Frank

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1432
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #123 on: July 16, 2022, 02:42:01 PM »
this tastes absolutely disgusting like drinking carbonated ashtray water with a hint of terpentine

the most overrated beer. it's only drinkable when icecold and you just popped the lid. you better down them in one go. this beer tastes days old only 15 seconds after you cracked it up. has no distinctive taste whatsoever.

i fucking hate koelsch, they are all shit. this is just a placeholder brand for the whole beer type. it's like a carbonated urine soda that has gone flat.

most american beer that wasn't some sort of craft beer that i've tried wasn't very good, but they were more drinkable than these.

SaySo

• Rep: 113
  • "Yellow buttercup. Helicopters. Orange buttercat."
« Reply #124 on: July 16, 2022, 10:35:26 PM »
I’m going to have to say Heineken. I can’t deal with that Skunky taste

Yeah, I agree with you on Heineken Uncle Flea. It's barely drinkable, if even that.

I honestly wasn't too fond of it until I had a chance to try it in the Netherlands. It was much better there. Still not what I would choose if/when in Europe, but definitely better than a lot of the other beers mentioned in this thread. They had it on tap at the hostel I crashed at back in the day.

I think what someone else mentioned about green glass bottles not keeping beer very well has credence to it.
"I've got a friend of polar nature, and it's all peace. You and I seek similar stars, but can't sit at the same feast."

"Not every pony grows up to be a Pegasus."

"There's smoke in my iris, but I painted a sunny day on the insides of my eyelids."

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #125 on: July 16, 2022, 11:04:52 PM »
How bout this, rank your top five worst beers that wind up at parties or family events that you attend—1. Being the worst.

5. Heineken—It’s my favorite mass market beer and I tend to buy the 24 oz cans when I am looking for a cheap beer. If it’s good enough for Gall it’s good enough for me.
4. Corona—With or w/o the lime. It’s a pretty smooth beer and I got nothing bad to say about it.
3.) Yuengling—Similar to Corona but a bit too hoppy for a Lager. Also fuck Yuengling for heavily supporting Trump. Will never buy their beer again.
2.) Coors Light—Why do people drink this bullshit. It barely has a taste.
1.) Miller Light—When I see this shit in the cooler I won’t even drink. I’ll go run to the store.

SaySo

• Rep: 113
  • "Yellow buttercup. Helicopters. Orange buttercat."
« Reply #126 on: July 16, 2022, 11:51:32 PM »
How bout this, rank your top five worst beers that wind up at parties or family events that you attend—1. Being the worst.

5. Heineken—It’s my favorite mass market beer and I tend to buy the 24 oz cans when I am looking for a cheap beer. If it’s good enough for Gall it’s good enough for me.
4. Corona—With or w/o the lime. It’s a pretty smooth beer and I got nothing bad to say about it.
3.) Yuengling—Similar to Corona but a bit too hoppy for a Lager. Also fuck Yuengling for heavily supporting Trump. Will never buy their beer again.
2.) Coors Light—Why do people drink this bullshit. It barely has a taste.
1.) Miller Light—When I see this shit in the cooler I won’t even drink. I’ll go run to the store.

I think you might have answered your own question. Wait, was that meant as a rhetorical question?

It goes down basically like water. Before the proliferation of good lagers and IPAs (not the super IPAs of recent fame), it was good for hot days.
"I've got a friend of polar nature, and it's all peace. You and I seek similar stars, but can't sit at the same feast."

"Not every pony grows up to be a Pegasus."

"There's smoke in my iris, but I painted a sunny day on the insides of my eyelids."

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #127 on: July 16, 2022, 11:55:20 PM »
Not sure if it's been mentioned or not but I'd like to put a vote in for South Korean beer in general. I can't remember specific brands but they all seemed to be very fizzy with little taste. The taste that was there was bad. I hate soju as well. I had many terrible hangovers in Korea.
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 652
« Reply #128 on: July 17, 2022, 02:56:40 PM »
One time my friend and I went to World Market around Christmas, we were on one and picked up this big Christmas themed case of beer. I think it was like a 12 pack of all different beers. We then proceeded to try every single one of them in one night and they were all shit. Granted that was before I got a taste for craft beers, but they all fucking tasted like shitty bread or soy sauce or something. I don't think either of us even finished a whole bottle between the two of us.

nonickname

• Rep: 87
« Reply #129 on: July 17, 2022, 05:13:20 PM »
Went back through the 5 pages...some obvious and multiple listed ones (Lakeport Honey Brown an honorable local mention) but as a Canuck I'll go off the board and throw Estrella Damm out there. It was on sale so we bought it for pre game drinking on the way to a TFC game...and it was a chore to drink on a glorious summer day. Just rank. Sweaty Barca session in a can.
"Cheating is just another way of being prepared" - Coach McGuirk

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
« Reply #130 on: July 17, 2022, 11:14:51 PM »
I think all beer tastes gross, I’ve always struggled to finish a single one.

Have no idea how so many people convinced themselves that it tastes good.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1983
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #131 on: July 17, 2022, 11:47:14 PM »
Amsterdam Navigator (8.0%)

And the big brother Amsterdam Maximator (11.6%)

Horrible when cold, extra horrible when warm. But effective for pre-gaming when you're in college and only have $50 for the night out including cab fare. You'll be using your door drink coupon for a Vodka Cranberry to wash the taste out of your mouth.

Edit: these days I go for plain, watery beer, anything flavored taste like ass 1/2 way through.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Peter Zagreus

• Rep: 85
« Reply #132 on: July 18, 2022, 04:56:20 PM »
This one might ruffle some PA feathers, but the famous Yuengling lager is kind of ass. Definitely didn't live up to the years of hype I'd heard leading up to trying it a while back (I don't drink now). I suppose it's possible that the product has been somehow compromised by the Coors partnership. I never liked "ambers" in general, so maybe it boils down to that.

GardenSkater77

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #133 on: July 18, 2022, 07:35:58 PM »
This one might ruffle some PA feathers, but the famous Yuengling lager is kind of ass. Definitely didn't live up to the years of hype I'd heard leading up to trying it a while back (I don't drink now). I suppose it's possible that the product has been somehow compromised by the Coors partnership. I never liked "ambers" in general, so maybe it boils down to that.

I agree. The light is better. Black and Tan is the best in the series. Good factory tours.

GardenSkater77

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #134 on: July 18, 2022, 07:39:09 PM »

Have you tried a hazy non filtered with a 5-6% or a session ipa? They are good for non beer drinkers I think. I go sweet over bitter for those that do not like beer.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1393
« Reply #135 on: July 18, 2022, 07:41:31 PM »

One of my friends got me this shit for my 21st and even though I knew almost nothing about beer, i knew this shit sucked. Pretty much all shock top is ass

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #136 on: July 18, 2022, 07:56:28 PM »

One of my friends got me this shit for my 21st and even though I knew almost nothing about beer, i knew this shit sucked. Pretty much all shock top is ass

This shit is so bad also any leinenkugel, for how popular that stuff is I’m not sure why at all. Also natty light or ice, or any ice beers for that matter are usually nasty. I’ll take a mickeys or Milwaukee best any day though. There are so many levels to shitty cheap beer. I’m real specific about shit beer.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
« Reply #137 on: July 19, 2022, 01:56:54 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Have you tried a hazy non filtered with a 5-6% or a session ipa? They are good for non beer drinkers I think. I go sweet over bitter for those that do not like beer.

No, but I’ll give them a try if I come across them
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 875
« Reply #138 on: July 19, 2022, 02:16:37 AM »
I think I'm in the minority in Aus when I dislike euro beers but actually like American beers. A few years ago I wanted to stop drinking so I only allowed myself to buy whatever the cheapest beer was available there's some stuff available in Aus like hammer and tongs, red bitter, emu which definatly isnt great but isnt horrible enough to be worst. Worst is the mid strength rivets you can get from aldi then followed by whatever random Thai beers aldi has.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -275
« Reply #139 on: July 19, 2022, 03:23:53 AM »
I think I'm in the minority in Aus when I dislike euro beers but actually like American beers. A few years ago I wanted to stop drinking so I only allowed myself to buy whatever the cheapest beer was available there's some stuff available in Aus like hammer and tongs, red bitter, emu which definatly isnt great but isnt horrible enough to be worst. Worst is the mid strength rivets you can get from aldi then followed by whatever random Thai beers aldi has.

Aldi beer is the absolute pits, just spend $3 more and get better beer.

My vote for worst beer ever is Pure Blonde. Fuck that shit

linus larabee

• Rep: 6
« Reply #140 on: July 19, 2022, 04:12:05 AM »
four-o. according to the can its street legal.

oi oi baroness second    :o

linus larabee

• Rep: 6
« Reply #141 on: July 19, 2022, 04:12:32 AM »
World's worst beer is Fosters

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 551
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #142 on: July 19, 2022, 04:14:13 AM »
Millers Chill is some pisswater shit

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 875
« Reply #143 on: July 19, 2022, 05:07:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Aldi beer is the absolute pits, just spend $3 more and get better beer.

My vote for worst beer ever is Pure Blonde. Fuck that shit
It's always just because the aldi is two mins from my house and the mid strength because they sell it in a 12 instead of 24 so it's not a pain to carry it. If I have a car or go to anywhere else Ill get something decent.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #144 on: July 19, 2022, 06:45:36 AM »
Canadian here, here are my picks of shitty Canadian brews. I’m excluding high-ABV malt liquors because that’s cheating.

1- O’Keefe
2- Carling Black Label
3- Molson Dry
4- Molson Export
5- Most Sleeman beer besides Silver Creek Lager (which may be discontinued)

Thanks for attending my TEDx talk.

lydius

• Rep: 43
« Reply #145 on: July 19, 2022, 11:37:17 AM »
hands down the worst American hefe I've ever tried, couldn't finish the 6-pack the wife thought I might enjoy. highly advised to pass on this.

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
« Reply #146 on: August 23, 2022, 11:41:52 AM »
I drank some shit beers in college for sure. Pennsylvania Style, Big City Light, Lacrosse Light, etc...

Any extremely cheap light beer is just awful.
FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

slippy

• Rep: 87
« Reply #147 on: August 23, 2022, 11:52:29 AM »
Double IPAs from trader joes, absolute hangover mouth after 1 sip
people who refuse to use apple products can blow my fucking stupid hog

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 297
« Reply #148 on: August 23, 2022, 12:08:31 PM »
Ay we drinkin' thhhhhide pocket up in dis bish
(say with a stylish lisp)
nobody says “rootin tootin” anymore to describe how gas the session was and it makes me sick

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -77
« Reply #149 on: August 23, 2022, 12:20:28 PM »
I've found if beer comes in a green bottle I won't like it.

One time I drank five 12oz cans of Steel Reserve and it gave me the worst hangover I've ever had in my life.