Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8664084 times)

Bucketguy and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nate.Dog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -9
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #36630 on: March 01, 2020, 04:34:17 PM »
Anyone have any photos of the crockett 2 highs that are supposed to be coming out soon-ish?

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #36631 on: March 01, 2020, 05:19:45 PM »
Wearing my old Emerica Herman's today and forgot how well they skate.

Anyone worn the Figgy Dose yet?
Liking the look of that thin cupsole.
Looking for something between these Hermans and my Busneitz as far as boardfeel to cushion
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

Glurmpz

« Reply #36632 on: March 01, 2020, 06:40:06 PM »

Looking for something between these Hermans and my Busneitz as far as boardfeel to cushion

The Dose is actually quite thick for a cupsole shoe. I got a pair well over a year ago, wear them all the time walking around, and they're still too thick for me - can't really feel my board. Not knocking them, but I need more board feel. I have a couple friends who love them though.

The Herman G6 was one of the best skate shoes ever.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #36633 on: March 01, 2020, 07:50:13 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

The Dose is actually quite thick for a cupsole shoe. I got a pair well over a year ago, wear them all the time walking around, and they're still too thick for me - can't really feel my board. Not knocking them, but I need more board feel. I have a couple friends who love them though.

Americana is a thin cupsole. Durable as hell and maybe it’s in my head but my kick flips are on point in that shoe.

whatsreallygood

• Rep: 9
  • what it do dirty
« Reply #36634 on: March 01, 2020, 09:28:26 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

SlapTM

• Rep: 242
« Reply #36635 on: March 01, 2020, 10:12:49 PM »

Are you looking for only cupsole? The Spanky G6 is super comfortable and has the same pour-in G6 midsole that the Reynolds G6 had. I personally don't skate cupsole but I enjoy wearing the Spankys. The Figgy Dose is a solid choice forsure and so is the Romero Americana. If you're looking for more of a lower profile cupsole, the Romero Laced are always good and we actually have some of the OG Figueroa on the site right now as well.

5teve.0h

• Rep: 24
« Reply #36636 on: March 01, 2020, 10:44:13 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Are you looking for only cupsole? The Spanky G6 is super comfortable and has the same pour-in G6 midsole that the Reynolds G6 had. I personally don't skate cupsole but I enjoy wearing the Spankys. The Figgy Dose is a solid choice forsure and so is the Romero Americana. If you're looking for more of a lower profile cupsole, the Romero Laced are always good and we actually have some of the OG Figueroa on the site right now as well.

Was a great shoe to skate and I’m more of a vulc shoe kinda guy

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #36637 on: March 02, 2020, 05:56:14 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

The Reynolds/The Westgate/OG Herman G6 were the best. The later iterations lacked structure and went too far into “skates like a vulc” territory.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #36638 on: March 02, 2020, 08:33:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Hey Emerica TM, any release date set for those Servold Winos? Saw they were absent from the 2020 catalog.
[close]
That catalog was only SP20. The Servold slips on FA20 which will be out July.
can we get a peek at that FA20 catalog?

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
« Reply #36639 on: March 02, 2020, 08:48:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
I will never get tired of saying this ever. If our boy Tim Sizzleino aka EmericaTM would take note of this and pass it on to the Emerica HQ. We get that Emerica has a huge following for their slimmer profile shoe but holy shit are they missing a huge demographic on the thicker cupsole market which is becoming a pretty big part of the skater demographic. C'mon Emerica we want to support you and keep you alive!

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #36640 on: March 02, 2020, 09:11:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I remember getting a pair right when they came out and being bummed as fuck when I noticed the shoe was bent. Like the upper was glued slightly tilted. That and then the outsole started peeling off From the upper. Super strange. I know it was more of a quality control issue but this was also when the slogan was “higher quality” and I find that kinda ironic...

The herman 2 tho? That was probably the best skater-owned pair of shoes I skated. They were fucking pillows to my feet.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #36641 on: March 02, 2020, 09:30:22 AM »
We’re talking this one, right?

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2197
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #36642 on: March 02, 2020, 09:51:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]
I will never get tired of saying this ever. If our boy Tim Sizzleino aka EmericaTM would take note of this and pass it on to the Emerica HQ. We get that Emerica has a huge following for their slimmer profile shoe but holy shit are they missing a huge demographic on the thicker cupsole market which is becoming a pretty big part of the skater demographic. C'mon Emerica we want to support you and keep you alive!

Yeah but the shoe didn't stick around because it didn't sell well. If that type of shoe sold for them obviously they would keep making them.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #36643 on: March 02, 2020, 09:57:02 AM »
All of this made me remember I have a brand new pair of Westgate G6 that I would love to shred.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
« Reply #36644 on: March 02, 2020, 10:01:26 AM »

thats the g6

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 379
« Reply #36645 on: March 02, 2020, 10:16:59 AM »
All of this made me remember I have a brand new pair of Westgate G6 that I would love to shred.

Lucky. I love that shoe so much. It was a fucking tank and looked amazing.

doyle

• Rep: 210
« Reply #36646 on: March 02, 2020, 10:17:24 AM »
The Westgate G6 was the last Emerica shoe I really liked skating. All the new vulc-ish cup soles that I've tried were too narrow and hurt my feet. I like the Wino slip ons too but they fall apart so fast.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #36647 on: March 02, 2020, 10:19:23 AM »
herman 2. so good, forgot what color I had back in the day

Image result for emerica herman 2

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #36648 on: March 02, 2020, 10:31:26 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Lucky. I love that shoe so much. It was a fucking tank and looked amazing.
One of my all time fav shoes for sure. Skated like a dream.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

gsosa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
« Reply #36649 on: March 02, 2020, 12:18:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

Yeah but the shoe didn't stick around because it didn't sell well. If that type of shoe sold for them obviously they would keep making them.
Yeah I get that, I'm saying they might sell more of those types of shoes since we actually see more of them out in the streets at this point in time.

JoeyLebs

• Rep: 1
« Reply #36650 on: March 02, 2020, 02:43:10 PM »
How many of you "Bring back the OG lynx goddamnit, it's the only shoe I want!"-guys actually got a pair?

🙋🏻‍♂️🙋🏻‍♂️

I have the tactical blacks, and these are currently on their way to my house. I also have the white/navy/yellow and black/grey/red LOVE kalis’s. Kalis’s are for comfort mainly, but I do quite enjoy skating in the Lynx’s. They have a much more secure and comfortable fit than other shoes in their price range. They’re not for everyone but I enjoy skating all kinds of shoes and the DC reissues have all performed really well for me.

Glurmpz

« Reply #36651 on: March 02, 2020, 02:52:53 PM »

That's the one. God damn I miss that shoe. I was getting Emerica flow at the time and had at least 6 pairs in a row.
Coincidentally, it's also one of the only shoes I've ever owned that had a defect. Same thing Skatan said - one shoe was a bit uneven (only happened once). Other one that comes to mind is the Nike Check Solarsofts I bought to give Nike a chance - one insole was thicker than the other.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #36652 on: March 02, 2020, 10:27:36 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

imposter

• Rep: -63
« Reply #36653 on: March 03, 2020, 06:21:52 AM »

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #36654 on: March 03, 2020, 07:31:22 AM »
Expand Quote
https://www.instagram.com/p/B9Pkc8wAEvL/?igshid=5qlr49jks6oj

Expand Quote
Anyone have any photos of the crockett 2 highs that are supposed to be coming out soon-ish?
[close]

https://www.instagram.com/p/B51Y31SAKUr/?igshid=1wbo6lqtv94zr
[close]

the high tops are disgusting
Wait.. is that high-top Bearcat?  ::)

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #36655 on: March 03, 2020, 07:33:13 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That's the one. God damn I miss that shoe. I was getting Emerica flow at the time and had at least 6 pairs in a row.
Coincidentally, it's also one of the only shoes I've ever owned that had a defect. Same thing Skatan said - one shoe was a bit uneven (only happened once). Other one that comes to mind is the Nike Check Solarsofts I bought to give Nike a chance - one insole was thicker than the other.

Had those babies in black and gum. Amazing shape, support, board feel, everything... and yet, it's really not that fucking complicated.

jerrygurneyscream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #36656 on: March 03, 2020, 07:50:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
https://www.instagram.com/p/B9Pkc8wAEvL/?igshid=5qlr49jks6oj

Expand Quote
[close]

https://www.instagram.com/p/B51Y31SAKUr/?igshid=1wbo6lqtv94zr
[close]

[close]
Wait.. is that high-top Bearcat?  ::)

No its very clearly an old heath graphic

bodega vape pods

• Rep: -5
  • kook me
« Reply #36657 on: March 03, 2020, 09:10:59 AM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

easy buddy vans is one of the brands you're not allowed to hate on

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #36658 on: March 03, 2020, 09:24:13 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #36659 on: March 03, 2020, 09:34:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
easy buddy vans is one of the brands you're not allowed to hate on
Those Hi-s are a total whiff though. They look like those expensive fashion sneakers that tech bros wear. That side paneling is so bad. I was pretty psyched to check those out too.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.