Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8763032 times)

emotional_degloving

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 44
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #48750 on: May 10, 2023, 04:56:58 PM »
I think those éS sophistos look alright. The name is dumb as fuck though.

Pastasash

• Rep: 80
« Reply #48751 on: May 10, 2023, 06:21:56 PM »
Not part of the skate line, but I never realized they made a mid version of these.

Maybe @Sk.A.T.A.N can provide some info. 

Also, I like soup.

Fuck that shit, get this mid version on the skate line and slap Jamal’s name on it again and I’ll make it my only skate shoe. C’mon Adidas

Thebird

• Rep: 158
« Reply #48752 on: May 10, 2023, 07:55:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Damn. That Winkowski shoe looks sick. I really like white high and mid tops. Anyone know if it is vegan?
[close]
Confirming that Winkowski is indeed vegan just like his Omen Hi color way.

I haven't been replying in here as just been busy but gladly can touch on a few things. Regarding Dakota's shoe, we worked with him to give him his dream signature shoe. It may not be for everybody but we like to work very closely with the riders regarding their signature product. I wouldn't base an entire brand off one new model which is what most pals have done on here unfortunately. As someone mentioned already, there's an updated Heritic if your're wanting a bigger cupsole with some padding in that same season.

Expand Quote
It's so sad how badly people WANT to buy soletech shoes, but they dont because they just dont provide what people are looking for.
[close]
I have to politely disagree with this a little bit. Yes there is no denying that a lot of silhouettes throughout the last decade or so have looked similar but I do believe it's a stretch to say that there isn't something for everyone. Want a cuposole with more padding and cushion with some nostalgia? Get the KSL G6 or OG-1. Need a low profile Vulc? Try the Dickson or Low Vulc. Want something with more ankle support? The Pillar or Omen Hi. Slip-On? We got them both in Vulc and cupsole. We've got like 10+ options to choose from: KSL G6, Figgy G6, OG-1, Omen Hi, Dickson, Romero Laced, Spanky G6, Gamma, Tilt G6 Vulc, Pillar, Wino G6 Slip & Cup, Provost, G6.

Now with all that said, we've got some stuff in the works including another reissue or two as well as some new pro/team models that we think people will be stoked on. Appreciate everyone who backs and chooses to support Sole Tech especially Emerica. As always, my DMs are always open to shoot the shit or even give feedback whether positive or negative. Thanks guys.
[close]

Thanks for the polite response. I commend you for sorting through all of this. I'm certainly not trying to start an argument or flame you guys or anything, but i guess i should've been more specific.

Just speaking for myself, I could probably find something i liked the look of from the soletech lineup. My issues were with quality vs price, and the overall fit of the shoes. The last two emericas i had were omen high and wino slip. neither of which fit my feet very well, I tried on multiple sizes and just figured i had to break them in for them to feel right, but they never did. Maybe this is just a problem with my feet, idk. But my feet were moving around all over the place in both of those shoes. did not feel comfortable skating in them at all.

I also had a pair of accel slims that were toast in less than 10 sessions (probably like 6-8 iirc). bagged out, holes, worn out tread, the whole 9. They also provided less impact protection than lots of vulcs with decent insoles. I wanna say i paid 75-90 for them?

Thinking about it now, i also had those vegan ryan lay etnies high tops. they were probably the best out of the 4 shoes ive mentioned. but still not great, or anywhere near as good as anything ive had from nike/cons/NB.

rooting for you guys, but at the end of the day, im going to skate what feels best on my aging feet.

thank you for your service to the boards, it is much appreciated. please do not mistake my opinions of the shoes for opinions of you.

edit: price of accel slims
[close]

Of course, anytime. I love being on the boards and getting to talk to all the pals. I appreciate you going more in depth regarding your original post. Are you mostly a Vulc guy or have you tried any Emerica cupsoles? I can't speak on the Omen Hi too much but personally, I'm a huge slip-on guy myself and it's basically all I wear. I've gone true to size on both the cup and Vulc ones and they're usually always perfectly snug for me and I honestly haven't heard too many issues of them regarding the fitting. Unfortunately, I can't speak regarding you Es experience but I do apologize that happened. With Emerica, we're trying to move our line to be a line that is more affordable yet you don't lose or sacrifice any sort of durability or functionality. A line that is designed for skateboarding and affordable to hopefully all skateboarders.
[close]

I haven't tried any emerica cupsoles since I was in like middle school. At the time when I tried those omens and winos I was def more into vulcs.

These days I'm a cupsole guy. Usually mid/high.

I was considering trying out those KSLs, but the low top scared my fragile aging ankles.

Give those KSLs a shot.  They're probably my favorite emerica shoes that have come out in years.  Not sure what your fit issues were with emerica, but I find the cupsoles fit my feet better.  The vulcs always seem to have a little too much toe space at the end of the shoe.

Thebird

« Reply #48753 on: May 10, 2023, 07:56:34 PM »
Emericatm, can you share what outsole and insole the heretic will have?

Thanks

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #48754 on: May 10, 2023, 08:14:20 PM »
Emericatm, can you share what outsole and insole the heretic will have?

Thanks

Also what's the possible ETA on them? Next year like most of the other new stuff teased?
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 552
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #48755 on: May 10, 2023, 08:41:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
No Spanky G6 in any of the catalogues past Summer 23  :-[

Hopefully the hi top version is still on the cards… I’d be sad to see the Spanky G6 go. I guess I’ll have to stock up…
[close]

@EmericaTM what's the deal with the spanky g6? Thought I read on here awhile ago that the mid was coming this year, did it get pushed out? That would be a bummer I was looking forward to those, or at least waiting for a suede colorway of the low.
[close]
Yeah the Spanky Hi is set to replace the Spanky G6. Yes, it unfortunately got pushed out to next year.

Looks alright, shame it got pushed

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #48756 on: May 10, 2023, 09:05:37 PM »
Also spotted no more Wino Slip Cups or KSL G6 and that next year's Servold colours have a standard vulc sole.

The only two shoes Emerica makes I’ve been excited about lately, makes sense they’d discontinue them  ;D

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 192
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #48757 on: May 10, 2023, 09:53:13 PM »
do you even zero sophisto though?
I'm a soletech fanboy and I think they look absolutely gross...

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 852
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #48758 on: May 10, 2023, 09:58:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
do you even zero sophisto though?
I'm a soletech fanboy and I think they look absolutely gross...
Funny, I was just reading the Andy Howell book today.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #48759 on: May 10, 2023, 10:15:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Damn. That Winkowski shoe looks sick. I really like white high and mid tops. Anyone know if it is vegan?
[close]
Confirming that Winkowski is indeed vegan just like his Omen Hi color way.

I haven't been replying in here as just been busy but gladly can touch on a few things. Regarding Dakota's shoe, we worked with him to give him his dream signature shoe. It may not be for everybody but we like to work very closely with the riders regarding their signature product. I wouldn't base an entire brand off one new model which is what most pals have done on here unfortunately. As someone mentioned already, there's an updated Heritic if your're wanting a bigger cupsole with some padding in that same season.

Expand Quote
It's so sad how badly people WANT to buy soletech shoes, but they dont because they just dont provide what people are looking for.
[close]
I have to politely disagree with this a little bit. Yes there is no denying that a lot of silhouettes throughout the last decade or so have looked similar but I do believe it's a stretch to say that there isn't something for everyone. Want a cuposole with more padding and cushion with some nostalgia? Get the KSL G6 or OG-1. Need a low profile Vulc? Try the Dickson or Low Vulc. Want something with more ankle support? The Pillar or Omen Hi. Slip-On? We got them both in Vulc and cupsole. We've got like 10+ options to choose from: KSL G6, Figgy G6, OG-1, Omen Hi, Dickson, Romero Laced, Spanky G6, Gamma, Tilt G6 Vulc, Pillar, Wino G6 Slip & Cup, Provost, G6.

Now with all that said, we've got some stuff in the works including another reissue or two as well as some new pro/team models that we think people will be stoked on. Appreciate everyone who backs and chooses to support Sole Tech especially Emerica. As always, my DMs are always open to shoot the shit or even give feedback whether positive or negative. Thanks guys.
[close]

Thanks for the polite response. I commend you for sorting through all of this. I'm certainly not trying to start an argument or flame you guys or anything, but i guess i should've been more specific.

Just speaking for myself, I could probably find something i liked the look of from the soletech lineup. My issues were with quality vs price, and the overall fit of the shoes. The last two emericas i had were omen high and wino slip. neither of which fit my feet very well, I tried on multiple sizes and just figured i had to break them in for them to feel right, but they never did. Maybe this is just a problem with my feet, idk. But my feet were moving around all over the place in both of those shoes. did not feel comfortable skating in them at all.

I also had a pair of accel slims that were toast in less than 10 sessions (probably like 6-8 iirc). bagged out, holes, worn out tread, the whole 9. They also provided less impact protection than lots of vulcs with decent insoles. I wanna say i paid 75-90 for them?

Thinking about it now, i also had those vegan ryan lay etnies high tops. they were probably the best out of the 4 shoes ive mentioned. but still not great, or anywhere near as good as anything ive had from nike/cons/NB.

rooting for you guys, but at the end of the day, im going to skate what feels best on my aging feet.

thank you for your service to the boards, it is much appreciated. please do not mistake my opinions of the shoes for opinions of you.

edit: price of accel slims
[close]

Of course, anytime. I love being on the boards and getting to talk to all the pals. I appreciate you going more in depth regarding your original post. Are you mostly a Vulc guy or have you tried any Emerica cupsoles? I can't speak on the Omen Hi too much but personally, I'm a huge slip-on guy myself and it's basically all I wear. I've gone true to size on both the cup and Vulc ones and they're usually always perfectly snug for me and I honestly haven't heard too many issues of them regarding the fitting. Unfortunately, I can't speak regarding you Es experience but I do apologize that happened. With Emerica, we're trying to move our line to be a line that is more affordable yet you don't lose or sacrifice any sort of durability or functionality. A line that is designed for skateboarding and affordable to hopefully all skateboarders.
[close]

I haven't tried any emerica cupsoles since I was in like middle school. At the time when I tried those omens and winos I was def more into vulcs.

These days I'm a cupsole guy. Usually mid/high.

I was considering trying out those KSLs, but the low top scared my fragile aging ankles.

A high top won't necessarily provide more ankle stability. That comes from the support in the heel and arch. KSL is too spongey to provide that. I have an ankle with no ligaments left and it's easy to do a rear foot roll test in a shoe to gauge ankle roll potential. That one failed spectacularly and many cups that Adidas makes are worse since the foot isn't supported laterally in the rear foot and spills over the sides. When it does that the stiffer sole then acts as a cam to force you right into roll.

NB seems to have identified this if you look at the shape of the rear of their cups and how they support the midfoot. It's strange that Nike and Adidas largely haven't. I wanted to like the KSL but it's way too much like the cups of old. I'd try the normal Spanky G6

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 590
« Reply #48760 on: May 10, 2023, 10:54:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
No Spanky G6 in any of the catalogues past Summer 23  :-[

Hopefully the hi top version is still on the cards… I’d be sad to see the Spanky G6 go. I guess I’ll have to stock up…
[close]

@EmericaTM what's the deal with the spanky g6? Thought I read on here awhile ago that the mid was coming this year, did it get pushed out? That would be a bummer I was looking forward to those, or at least waiting for a suede colorway of the low.
[close]
Yeah the Spanky Hi is set to replace the Spanky G6. Yes, it unfortunately got pushed out to next year.
[close]

Looks alright, shame it got pushed

As someone who has been buying shoes with boardfeel/ground feel for the last 10 years... these look like a solid faux Doc/Combat boot-like option
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

eSK3

« Reply #48761 on: May 11, 2023, 03:17:37 AM »
^looks like a Walmart doc marten rip off. More than likely the exact same quality too. Then y’all gonna turn around and pay $90-$100 for those. Don’t forget to pick up the face paint to go with those cause they make y’all look like clowns. 

mindfuzz

• Rep: 37
« Reply #48762 on: May 11, 2023, 04:14:16 AM »
^looks like a Walmart doc marten rip off. More than likely the exact same quality too. Then y’all gonna turn around and pay $90-$100 for those. Don’t forget to pick up the face paint to go with those cause they make y’all look like clowns.

We get it, you don’t like Emerica.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #48763 on: May 11, 2023, 05:43:16 AM »
But it is crazy how far Emerica has fallen. 10 years ago if you gave me free pair of Emericas I would skate them. Now in 2023 I’d sell them for $20/30 to someone at the park and get some weed.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 874
« Reply #48764 on: May 11, 2023, 05:46:26 AM »
But it is crazy how far Emerica has fallen. 10 years ago if you gave me free pair of Emericas I would skate them. Now in 2023 I’d sell them for $20/30 to someone at the park and get some weed.
10 years ago big loose pants and dunks were fuken embarassing. Shit changes.

eSK3

« Reply #48765 on: May 11, 2023, 07:07:05 AM »

I’d buy someone weed to take them off my hands FR FR  🤣

Pasta Monster

« Reply #48766 on: May 11, 2023, 07:24:17 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I’d buy someone weed to take them off my hands FR FR  🤣
You think it’s embarrassing to wear Emericas but you have no problem wearing shoes with giant swooshes. You’re a label whore.

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #48767 on: May 11, 2023, 07:46:43 AM »
one problem of emerica is seriously the team. just not a super exciting team like it was back in the day and also not a lot variety in the skating. how do you fit someone who skates ledges or does manuals on that team without it being off? the only guys that don't focus on ditches and rails/gaps that come to mind are spanky and julian davidson. everyone else is just skating ditches in the desert or hammering away. most of the team seems boring personalitywise and the shoes sort of reflect that. that's why i think you get 4 promodels that seem like slight variations of a wino/romero laced.

if the roster was more varied like back in the day, i guess you would see more interesting designs, because riders wouldn't just want another winolike as a promodel. that would brouden the range of the brand organically. but at this point, why would you want to be on emerica as someone who skates like westgate for example. if you'd have any self awareness you'd think your skating just doesn't fit the brand and/or image they are going for at this point. so emerica probably also has a hard time attracting any sort of skater other than something like mostly white baker/tumyeto/creature ditch goblins.

that said most shoes that don't look like winos are totally fine imo. temple, tilt and gamma really bring it back to early emerica. maybe just get rid of the ugly ollie pad on the temples or make it a different shape. the tilt should have a g6 cupsole option imo, that's the only thing that turns me off. gammas should just be g6 as well. other than that, i think those shoes are great. pillars seem to be good. these seem like a good idea to do a cupsole version of, as someone mentioned.

that last one posted before the dakotas was really bad tho. and the dakotas just look like the boring winolikes as a dylan slip on. they should slow down with newer models imo, maybe update the range to more current specs, and release less pro models that look like the same fucking shoe and things would be looking much better. and also it would help when you bring back models like the mjs/og to not have them only sit in the few shops that carry emerica, but have them available online. or maybe release them early in shops, but offer them online a month later. i'd like to try out the ogs, but the first colorway doesn't appeal to me, and i kind of dread to go to the local shop that sells emerica. so maybe they will come out in all black/yellow or some other classic color and will be a gr.

but they seriously need a more interesting team to make them more than just ok shoes at this point. once upon a time emerica catered successfully to east coast skaters as well. there's nothing wrong with the basic vulcs and dress inspired shoes if you see emerica as the "adult" sole tec brand (whereas és is like the athletic/tech brand and etnies is like the vanilla heritage thing that the other brands are kinda built on). just get someone who is also on dime or supreme to ride for you and have them ride gammas and i'm sure suddenly kids will want that shoe. of course this won't ever happen. in any case, the brand has to get out of this desert ditch pigeon hole imo. or maybe not, maybe they are killing it in latin america with this image. who knows.
Well, at least here in Brazil Emerica is not even sold.

eSK3

« Reply #48768 on: May 11, 2023, 07:50:39 AM »
^bad bitches and no emerica finna move asap. ❤️ 🇧🇷

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 650
« Reply #48769 on: May 11, 2023, 09:59:59 AM »
I think I've only ever put two other posters on ignore before. Looks like it's time for a third.

Those Spanky Highs still look really nice to me. It's a shame that they got pushed back.

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #48770 on: May 11, 2023, 11:12:28 AM »
Spanmy highs look dope and he was skating them in his story the other day its a real shame they got pushed back to next year but hopefully they can dial it in.

Thebird

« Reply #48771 on: May 11, 2023, 11:28:21 AM »
Has it been confirmed the Spanky high is on the g6 sole? 

eSK3

« Reply #48772 on: May 11, 2023, 12:17:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I think I've only ever put two other posters on ignore before. Looks like it's time for a third.

Those Spanky Highs still look really nice to me. It's a shame that they got pushed back.

Lmao yes 🤣 man softer than baby shit. I’m just being me if that makes you feel some type of way, I don’t what to tell you 🤣

Murray Hewitt

• Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #48773 on: May 11, 2023, 12:22:43 PM »
I will buy some Spanly Hi's. I got love for emerica. Hope they can retain Hoban. I feel like with his Street League coverage Nike is going to come knocking.

MetalAnkleMan

• Rep: 20
« Reply #48774 on: May 11, 2023, 12:25:34 PM »
I will buy some Spanly Hi's. I got love for emerica. Hope they can retain Hoban. I feel like with his Street League coverage Nike is going to come knocking.

This is a very interesting thought, he was flow for Nike before he got put on Emerica, then he blew the f*ck up like overnight and has been killing it in contests, interesting to see if he would leave to go to one of the corp shoe companies

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 276
  • sup dog
« Reply #48775 on: May 11, 2023, 12:36:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This is a very interesting thought, he was flow for Nike before he got put on Emerica, then he blew the f*ck up like overnight and has been killing it in contests, interesting to see if he would leave to go to one of the corp shoe companies

Man that’s a tough one. Turning down Nike money? Oof.

Maybe NB would instead get him. They seem to got cred now. Just a feeling though cause I’m old and not hip anymore.

Dear skate lords. Please do not let Braden take Cariuma money. Amen.

swellbowed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 534
  • ow
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #48776 on: May 11, 2023, 01:55:08 PM »

Theshrunkendrunkard

• Rep: -32
« Reply #48777 on: May 11, 2023, 02:52:08 PM »
The Emerica hate is so weird to me. Every year in the history of that company there has been at least one model that skated super well. Y’all roasting Emerica for having a whack team shoe is strange too because Nike is the biggest culprit of doing the same thing, and charging even more (but y’all ain’t even buying Nike at retail prices) Everything they make besides the blazer is whack and skates like dog shit. Hell, the blazers aren’t even that good (so taboo, I know)

One day you guys will figure out that doing frontside slappies and front shuvs in an Emerica shoe is the same trick as doing it in a Cons shoe. You don’t look less cool in your IG edits. Buncha goofs

Emerica is and will always be one of the coolest companies in skateboarding.

Mongo Lloyd

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 182
« Reply #48778 on: May 11, 2023, 04:50:30 PM »
The Emerica hate is so weird to me. Every year in the history of that company there has been at least one model that skated super well. Y’all roasting Emerica for having a whack team shoe is strange too because Nike is the biggest culprit of doing the same thing, and charging even more (but y’all ain’t even buying Nike at retail prices) Everything they make besides the blazer is whack and skates like dog shit. Hell, the blazers aren’t even that good (so taboo, I know)

One day you guys will figure out that doing frontside slappies and front shuvs in an Emerica shoe is the same trick as doing it in a Cons shoe. You don’t look less cool in your IG edits. Buncha goofs

Damn, do you have a green Emerica tattoo on the underside of your balls or something?
Do you get deja vu, huh?

Theshrunkendrunkard

• Rep: -32
« Reply #48779 on: May 11, 2023, 05:47:25 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Damn, do you have a green Emerica tattoo on the underside of your balls or something?

yeah