Author Topic: Ace trucks  (Read 746216 times)

FatGuy92

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 577
Re: Ace trucks
« Reply #2550 on: October 14, 2020, 10:05:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Hey all. I'm planning on going down in board size (8.25 to 8.0) and am currently running 44s. I'm planning on getting 33s in the future but my 44s still have a lot of life left in them. Would they fit ok on a 8? I'm ok with the axels peeking out a tiny bit.
[close]
Ha I just did the opposite and put 33's on a 8.25 today. I have wanted to try Aces for a while now so I hope it works out.

Thanks! i'm pretty broad and stocky for my size (5'5") and need a skinny-ish board with wide wheelbase to feel stable. Was riding the new Austyn Habitat deck and that was almost perfect at 8.25x32x14.5 with Ace 44s. Gonna try out a 8.0 Toy Machine to see if that strikes a good balance.

bigdave

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #2551 on: October 14, 2020, 02:49:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Hey I am looking for some 55s in colors. Any of them will do, but prefer Bronze or Blue. If anyone knows of an online shop that has some, HMU.
[close]
http://www.35thave.com/shop/Skate/Trucks/Ace/p/Ace-55-9-axleTrucks-Classic-Shelby-Blue-set-of-2-x49700630.htm

You came up big! I picked up a set of blues and a tee from them. Thank you!

They had black as well for anyone interested.
ok thanks

weon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #2552 on: October 20, 2020, 06:13:48 PM »
Polished and Matte Black are back in stock:

https://shop.acetrucks.com/collections/trucks
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #2553 on: October 20, 2020, 07:17:50 PM »
Just threw 55’s on today
Thanks @FrozenIndustries
200lbs so they feel loose for sure, trying not to tinker and just break in stock bushings. Top fell out past washer a bit but loosened em a quarter to half turn and kept riding to break em in and was fine after. Got 55mm OG classics on and may throw risers on while they break in more

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #2554 on: October 20, 2020, 07:22:27 PM »
Indy to venture back to Indy ( to hard to find short wb decks for venture) I want to try out some 44s. Am I just wasting money or is there a noticeable difference between Indy and ace

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2555 on: October 20, 2020, 07:30:06 PM »
Indy to venture back to Indy ( to hard to find short wb decks for venture) I want to try out some 44s. Am I just wasting money or is there a noticeable difference between Indy and ace
There is a noticeable difference, idk if you'll like it. I didn't, I tried 3 times ace and they just don't work for me. This year I skated like 3 different brands and I returned to Indy.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #2556 on: October 21, 2020, 06:15:08 AM »
Just threw 55’s on today
Thanks @FrozenIndustries
200lbs so they feel loose for sure, trying not to tinker and just break in stock bushings. Top fell out past washer a bit but loosened em a quarter to half turn and kept riding to break em in and was fine after. Got 55mm OG classics on and may throw risers on while they break in more

Let them break in but once you've ridden them for a bit there is nothing wrong with tightening them like 1/4 turn. I like them at stock with 44s but with the 55s I end up having them a little tighter to account for the width to height ratio or whatever. I'm glad they made it.

spacial_profiling

• Rep: -88
« Reply #2557 on: October 21, 2020, 08:34:13 AM »
Can anyone confirm whether or not ACE are made under Paris trucks? Thought I heard this a while ago and now can't seem to find anyone who can confirm. Thanks!

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2196
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #2558 on: October 21, 2020, 09:50:51 AM »
Can anyone confirm whether or not ACE are made under Paris trucks? Thought I heard this a while ago and now can't seem to find anyone who can confirm. Thanks!
I can 100% NOT confirm that for you at this time.
I CAN confirm that I have never heard THAT, however.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

• Rep: 0
« Reply #2559 on: October 22, 2020, 02:50:43 AM »
Okay, I've read a lot of this thread in the past, I've changed over to riding Ace trucks now. So, I just set-up a brand new deck today with Ace 44s and I can't ride them without either the top or bottom bushing escaping from the washer and messing it up. Is this normal? I did read that you just need to keep riding it and it will eventually settle?

Couldn't enjoy them yet since I can't ride for more than a minute without the bushings doing this, although the turning seems so great compared to my old indy 139s.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 02:59:25 AM by 22102020 »

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #2560 on: October 22, 2020, 04:15:02 AM »
recently went from indy 144 to ACE 44 (on a 8.25")
I would say there is no huge difference
Got used to the new trucks pretty quickly

Imo, Aces are a bit more stable overall (grinds / manuals). A friend told me that crooked grinds are a bit different. I experienced it but i can't say if the huge crooked groove i had on my Indys isn't responsible for that feeling.

Overall i feel better on Aces

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #2561 on: October 22, 2020, 04:58:13 AM »
I keep reading about how stable Aces are compared to Indy. I just got a pair of lightly used 33s, I love the quick turn but they seem to be very tippy when setting up for fliptricks. I only tightened the nuts a 1/4 turn from stock, because thats what I read people do on here(if they even adjust them at all) When the bushing break in do they become more stable?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 118
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #2562 on: October 22, 2020, 05:18:45 AM »
Okay, I've read a lot of this thread in the past, I've changed over to riding Ace trucks now. So, I just set-up a brand new deck today with Ace 44s and I can't ride them without either the top or bottom bushing escaping from the washer and messing it up. Is this normal? I did read that you just need to keep riding it and it will eventually settle?

Couldn't enjoy them yet since I can't ride for more than a minute without the bushings doing this, although the turning seems so great compared to my old indy 139s.

just chill, they’ll harden up! Happened on my first session too. Don’t tinker with them, just take your time and break them in properly.

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #2563 on: October 22, 2020, 05:43:02 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
just chill, they’ll harden up! Happened on my first session too. Don’t tinker with them, just take your time and break them in properly.

Will do, thanks man!

• Rep: 0
« Reply #2564 on: October 22, 2020, 06:01:57 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Do I have to loosen them every time they pop out (to put them back under the washer) or just ride them till they get squashed out and broken in? It was literally any tight turn or jolt would send the bushings seeping out over the washer.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #2565 on: October 22, 2020, 06:16:32 AM »

Same situation with a set of 55's i set up this week. I loosened the nut about a 1/4 turn or so and it seemed to resolve that issue. Looks like you have some kingpin thread left to loosen. Others with more experience may have a different answer but this seemed to work for me until the bushings break in a bit.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #2566 on: October 22, 2020, 06:22:19 AM »

Yes, generally it will. If it bothers you a lot, take the washers from you Indys and put them in there.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
« Reply #2567 on: October 22, 2020, 06:25:51 AM »

Apparently you haven’t read enough. This seems to be extremely common, and tends to happen less as the bushings harden
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

TheAvidBleeder

• Rep: 3
« Reply #2568 on: October 22, 2020, 06:31:01 AM »
Happened to me with my last set of 44’s and 55’s.  I loosened them up a bit until it quit happening then gradually started tightening them down to my liking as the bushings broke in.   My old sets never did this, but both new sets are perfectly fine now and turn great.

Diocletian

« Reply #2569 on: October 22, 2020, 07:48:45 AM »
It's the Ace washers, swap them for Indy's if you have them lying around. I use Ace stock with a Krux bottom washer and no top washer.

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2570 on: October 22, 2020, 08:24:51 AM »
RANDO QUESTION. Sorry if it's a dumb one.

Are baseplates compatible among aces? I dont imagine the turning radius changes, ergo the baseplates should be fine. but I want to run 55 baseplates on 66 hangers.

Will work, yes?
ok thanks

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2571 on: October 22, 2020, 08:27:31 AM »

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2572 on: October 22, 2020, 08:34:13 AM »
ok thanks

uptherecazaly

• Rep: 2
« Reply #2573 on: October 22, 2020, 09:14:49 PM »
I've heard that using the inside speed ring/spacer/washer is optional on Ace trucks because the hanger tapers down. Has anyone got experience with this? I know the difference might be negligible, but I'd like to have my wheels a tad closer together on my 66s. (Don't tell me to get 55s, I already do.)

EDIT: To clarify, I want to remove the inside rings so that the bearings will be directly on the hanger.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 10:00:07 PM by uptherecazaly »

Glutenpadre

• Rep: 1
« Reply #2574 on: October 22, 2020, 10:19:37 PM »
I've heard that using the inside speed ring/spacer/washer is optional on Ace trucks because the hanger tapers down. Has anyone got experience with this? I know the difference might be negligible, but I'd like to have my wheels a tad closer together on my 66s. (Don't tell me to get 55s, I already do.)

EDIT: To clarify, I want to remove the inside rings so that the bearings will be directly on the hanger.

I've been riding my Ace 44s without speed rings, barely noticeable and seems fine no complications so far.

Thomas

• Rep: 20
  • no pop no style
« Reply #2575 on: October 23, 2020, 12:12:26 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I've been riding my Ace 44s without speed rings, barely noticeable and seems fine no complications so far.

Why do you want to do that ?
I don't think this will cause any issue, but you will probably have more visible threads and will most likely destroy them sooner.
Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #2576 on: October 23, 2020, 05:03:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Why do you want to do that ?
I don't think this will cause any issue, but you will probably have more visible threads and will most likelydestroy them sooner.
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #2577 on: October 23, 2020, 07:07:57 AM »

With my 55s, I've pretty much always run them with both washers outside. Its fine, thats part of Aces design and it doesn't fuck with the speed at all. I keep the washers on the outside to keep the axle threads from being exposed.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #2578 on: October 23, 2020, 06:28:29 PM »
Same as above.

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #2579 on: October 23, 2020, 10:31:48 PM »
had a similar thought recently related to thunders. deck width doesn't matter to me as much but realized i've really limited myself to trying to find short decks with 14" wheelbase or just a hair over, which have been hard to find. would ace or indy open up the field a bit? seems like 14.25 is sort of the norm right now