Author Topic: Ace trucks  (Read 747276 times)

Charlie Hustle

Re: Ace trucks
« Reply #2160 on: May 09, 2020, 09:08:11 AM »
Anyone have tips for removing paint from hangers? Had to settle for Shelby blues the other week and of course rats restock this week.
Easy off oven cleaner. The yellow cap one. What’s under probably won’t be pretty and polished though, just be aware of that. My advice is to just skate them; they’re not the only trucks you’re going to for the rest of your life, feel me?

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #2161 on: May 09, 2020, 09:08:36 AM »
Anyone have tips for removing paint from hangers? Had to settle for Shelby blues the other week and of course rats restock this week.

Rats. Big fan of using that as a curse/swear.

I’ve just donE the acetone, paint thinner, leave submerged, and then metal brush bristle them off.

Tease this man’s about a typo and then do the same smh.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 09:44:53 AM by Ok »

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #2162 on: May 09, 2020, 09:18:43 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Rats. Big fan of using that as a curse/swear.

I’ve just don’t the acetone, paint thinner, leav submerged, and then metal brush bristle them off.

Ha that was supposed to be “raws”

Expand Quote
[close]
Easy off oven cleaner. The yellow cap one. What’s under probably won’t be pretty and polished though, just be aware of that. My advice is to just skate them; they’re not the only trucks you’re going to for the rest of your life, feel me?

Haven’t had color on my trucks in 20 or so years. Just feels weird.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 09:20:15 AM by arrbee »
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Stigmata

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 8
« Reply #2163 on: May 09, 2020, 12:04:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Citristrip will take the paint right off, ive used it plenty of times

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #2164 on: May 09, 2020, 12:41:03 PM »
33s measure a tad under 8'. At least mine are and I think they're the V1s. This trips me out too much to put them on a 8.125 and I have to resort back to my indys.

I just picked up some Ti axle nuts from Acer Racing.  They are each .07" thinner than a normal axle nut - which allows two more speed rings on the inside of each wheel - effectively giving you .14" extra hanger.  This could take care of your sub 8" axles, but is also good for people that complain that the 44s aren't 8.5".

https://www.acerracing.com/products/5-16-24-titanium-skateboard-wheel-nuts-4-pieces

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2165 on: May 09, 2020, 01:00:24 PM »
Expand Quote
33s measure a tad under 8'. At least mine are and I think they're the V1s. This trips me out too much to put them on a 8.125 and I have to resort back to my indys.
[close]

I just picked up some Ti axle nuts from Acer Racing.  They are each .07" thinner than a normal axle nut - which allows two more speed rings on the inside of each wheel - effectively giving you .14" extra hanger.  This could take care of your sub 8" axles, but is also good for people that complain that the 44s aren't 8.5".

https://www.acerracing.com/products/5-16-24-titanium-skateboard-wheel-nuts-4-pieces

That’s sick!
 I’ve bent axles on ACE and Indy. Neither recently. The ACE were fine with a little bend, the Indy’s were drastic. I’d try this in a heartbeat.

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1110
« Reply #2166 on: May 09, 2020, 01:40:33 PM »
I'm getting a new board which dimensions are 8.25 x 31.875 with a 14.125 wheelbase. I normally skate Indy 149's but am going to be switching over to Ace to give them a shot for the first time. Will the 44's make a noticeable difference with board comfort in regards to wheelbase?

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #2167 on: May 09, 2020, 01:49:01 PM »
I'm getting a new board which dimensions are 8.25 x 31.875 with a 14.125 wheelbase. I normally skate Indy 149's but am going to be switching over to Ace to give them a shot for the first time. Will the 44's make a noticeable difference with board comfort in regards to wheelbase?

If the new deck is the same dimensions as what you usually ride, then making the switch to Aces shouldn't be too jarring coming from Indy's. If you run both Ace washers on the inside, it'd help get the width out a bit more into 149 territory as well.

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1110
« Reply #2168 on: May 09, 2020, 01:55:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

If the new deck is the same dimensions as what you usually ride, then making the switch to Aces shouldn't be too jarring coming from Indy's. If you run both Ace washers on the inside, it'd help get the width out a bit more into 149 territory as well.

Rad, thank you. How's axel slippage on Aces? I know that's been a problem for my Indys in the past with the number of slappies I do.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 994
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #2169 on: May 09, 2020, 02:05:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

On my ventures I can get 3 rings on the inside with these!

palelight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2170 on: May 09, 2020, 03:35:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Rad, thank you. How's axel slippage on Aces? I know that's been a problem for my Indys in the past with the number of slappies I do.

No problem. I'm back and forth between Aces and Indy's depending on my level of boredom, never noticed any extreme axle slipping from either in the last couple years. That said, I'm sure others could chime in and say otherwise, I've gotten lucky never having issues with Aces (only had V3's).

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2171 on: May 09, 2020, 04:38:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

No problem. I'm back and forth between Aces and Indy's depending on my level of boredom, never noticed any extreme axle slipping from either in the last couple years. That said, I'm sure others could chime in and say otherwise, I've gotten lucky never having issues with Aces (only had V3's).

What deck Polar? Sounds like a dope size.
I’ve noticed little problems here and there with ACE qc, but I’ve never had it fuck me up.

B0udoir

• Rep: 1
« Reply #2172 on: May 09, 2020, 07:06:41 PM »

Maybe not really noticeable in terms of wheelbase, but Aces are pretty low compared to Indy's. So it's definitely not the same feeling. I prefer Ace personally.

Diocletian

« Reply #2173 on: May 09, 2020, 07:16:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I run three on my 44’s and one on the outside. I just flip my axle nuts so the nylock catches fully and they sit just past flush on the end of the axle so they don’t get touched. Problem solved, and no need to spend all that money on Ti axle nuts.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2174 on: May 09, 2020, 07:29:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I run three on my 44’s and one on the outside. I just flip my axle nuts so the nylock catches fully and they sit just past flush on the end of the axle so they don’t get touched. Problem solved, and no need to spend all that money on Ti axle nuts.
excuse my stupid/drunk self but what are these supposed to do
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

palelight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2175 on: May 09, 2020, 08:06:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Maybe not really noticeable in terms of wheelbase, but Aces are pretty low compared to Indy's. So it's definitely not the same feeling. I prefer Ace personally.

That is a point I forgot. I switch between Indy forged and Aces, so the height difference is barely noticeable, but if you're used to standard Indy's it might be more of an issue.

Uncle Poseur

« Reply #2176 on: May 11, 2020, 03:59:00 PM »
Are there any hard bushing options for Ace trucks?

Lifetime Indy rider here. I have a scenario...

Got a deck that's 9.5 at the back truck. Indy 215 is too wide and 169 too slim.

Thinking of Ace 66, but...

I've ridden Indy's with Bones Hard bushings for years (240 lb. fat-ass) and ride semi-tight.

I've heard Krux fit nicely, but they're soft. I've also heard about people doing Bones or Indy bushings with extra washers as to not change geometry. I'd prefer not change geometry unless I have to.

Any/all experience welcome.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 04:06:50 PM by Uncle Poseur »

Skart

• Rep: -33
  • Ham control
« Reply #2177 on: May 11, 2020, 04:14:54 PM »
66 and break in the bushings slowly..

You can't jump on aces and expect them to do everything you want the first 5 minutes

Once they stop popping out of the washers, tighten them a 1/8th to 1/4th turn until you lean both sides with no wheelbite.. Riding and turning around to feel them out

Not here to glorify grosso... But if his fat ass can ride them stock, so can everyone else
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 04:16:45 PM by Skart »
i need a break from this thread dawg. knowledge doesnt feel like power anymore

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 971
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #2178 on: May 11, 2020, 04:16:43 PM »

Lifetime Indy rider here. I have a scenario...

Got a deck that's 9.5 at the back truck. Indy 215 is too wide and 169 too slim.

Thinking of Ace 66, but...

I've ridden Indy's with Bones Hard bushings for years (240 lb. fat-ass) and ride semi-tight.

I've heard Krux fit nicely, but they're soft. I've also heard about people doing Bones or Indy bushings with extra washers as to not change geometry. I'd prefer not change geometry unless I have to.

Any/all experience welcome.

I would just put a hard bones on the top
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2179 on: May 11, 2020, 04:48:19 PM »
mini logo bushings fit aces and they have a 100a version if you meant hard hard
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Uncle Poseur

« Reply #2180 on: May 11, 2020, 04:57:44 PM »

Reeeeaaaally..?

That sounds super-promising.

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #2181 on: May 11, 2020, 05:23:14 PM »

Run whatever.  I measured a bunch last week and they were all within 2/100ths of an inch.

Ace (white out of a 66) : .53" tall
Mini Logo (Soft Green) : .53"
Thunder (red 90a aftermarket) : .55"
Indy (blue 92a conical) : .545"
Bones (black hard) : .55"

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #2182 on: May 11, 2020, 05:28:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Reeeeaaaally..?

yessir. green is soft (84a), orange medium (94a), red hard (100a)

https://minilogoskateboards.com/mini-logo-hard-bushings-single

https://www.skateamerica.com/collections/skate-bushings

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #2183 on: May 11, 2020, 06:05:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Reeeeaaaally..?

[close]
yessir. green is soft (84a), orange medium (94a), red hard (100a)

https://minilogoskateboards.com/mini-logo-hard-bushings-single

https://www.skateamerica.com/collections/skate-bushings

That's what's up. Thank you.

Diocletian

« Reply #2184 on: May 11, 2020, 07:14:16 PM »
If you’re used to Indy’s with Bones hards just throw them on your Ace’s man, works great. I recommend the Bones washer for top and bottom. I hover around 200-210lbs so I can get away with their stock bushings. They harden up after a sesh or two.

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2185 on: May 12, 2020, 05:19:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Anyone have tips for removing paint from hangers? Had to settle for Shelby blues the other week and of course raws restock this week.
[close]
[close]

Citristrip will take the paint right off, ive used it plenty of times

Gnar for the tip. Let them sit over night. Removed the paint off one hanger this morning before work, gotta tackle the other when I get back home.

Looking good so far. Here's a few pics.

Before

During

One finished hanger

youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2186 on: May 12, 2020, 05:51:36 AM »
Those came out sick!
Taped the axles?

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2187 on: May 12, 2020, 05:55:56 AM »
Those came out sick!
Taped the axles?

Thanks. Yeah, I didn't want to take the chance the stripper would do anything to the axles that would cause them to rust. Or get the gel into the threads and cause any damage to the nylon on the axle nuts. It was my first time trying so I wanted to be extra cautious.

Juanjo789

« Reply #2188 on: May 12, 2020, 06:17:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Those came out sick!
Taped the axles?
[close]

Thanks. Yeah, I didn't want to take the chance the stripper would do anything to the axles that would cause them to rust. Or get the gel into the threads and cause any damage to the nylon on the axle nuts. It was my first time trying so I wanted to be extra cautious.
can u do the baseplate too? these came out perfect

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2189 on: May 12, 2020, 06:27:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Those came out sick!
Taped the axles?
[close]

[close]
can u do the baseplate too? these came out perfect

Yeah, you could totally do the base plates as well. I don't mind colored bases but I couldn't do the hangers.

It would take a little extra work for the bases as there are a few more crevices to get the paint out of. Hangers were pretty smooth. Most of it peeled right off and then I hit it with a medium stripping pad to get a few stubborn spots. That's what led to the brushed look in the photo with the flash.

I might do a video of the second hanger this afternoon to show how easy it was. If I do I'll post up here. It wouldn't be very long, literally cleaned the bubbled paint off the one hanger while I was waiting for the Keurig to brew my coffee.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 06:35:09 AM by arrbee »